Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 06-17-2009, 02:08 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It makes sense for him to get better with his conditioning. He needs to prepare for a long run so he doesn't break down at the crucial point in the season. This will be his third straight season as the full time starter, so he needs to show that progress of getting used to the long grind of the season. We'll see how his conditioning goes.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tony wasnt too doughy when his career began but, the last few years his weight gain has been pretty noticeable. Shaping up a bit should only help him now, and in the long run. Squats alone would be very beneficial to a QB. Testaverde was a big workout guy/squat guy...as was Favre. I dont think Tony's ever been big on the weights...lots of QBs arent but, it certainly could help him tremendously.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 06-17-2009 at 03:42 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Is anyone else following mini-camp and OTA reports on the DMN blog? They're saying the Romo-to-Roy relationship is still a work in progress. But they've still got a lot of practice time ahead of them.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
Is anyone else following mini-camp and OTA reports on the DMN blog? They're saying the Romo-to-Roy relationship is still a work in progress. But they've still got a lot of practice time ahead of them.
That's because Tony himself is still a work in progress, he's changed up his footwork and he's been errant on some throws. Either way it's really early, and because we have arguably the best coverage of OTA's and mini-camp because were the Cowboys we can talk about every little thing, good or bad, until the season starts.

Alot of teams aren't privelaged to have beat writers give you play by play analysis of mini camps like DMN does, some do like the Giants, Niners, and some others, but alot of teams just have generalized updates. I'm glad it's the way it is, Romo to Roy will be talked about until week 17 of the 09 season, any little small thing he does well people will want to get excited about and every little tiny thing he does wrong people will want to point out and talk about how he's overrated all over again.

I can already see it being a long year with that debate honestly, not really here but just in general, even ESPN has started to latch onto Romo-Roy and they'll be sure to blow up whatever they can. I am excited Roy is losing weight and trying to get to 212 for the season, but I fully think once Romo realizes what type of WR Roy is he'll have a pro bowl type season.

I will be following closely in TC to see how they look, but Roy looks like he's working really hard to have a big year, so while I don't expect him to be TO, or be the deep threat TO was, he'll still produce like a legit #1 WR IMHO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2009, 03:45 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh and if you guys haven't heard the Jay Ratliff interview yet, you should go listen. It was a good listen and ten mins long with some good info, here's the excerpt from btb:

Quote:
I had the pleasure of interviewing Jay Ratliff earlier today. The audio is below.

Jay gave a great interview, answering all the questions with candor and information. He talks about the backup NT battle, even mentioning Marcus Spears as a possible candidate, noting that in mini-camp they put him in there every once in a while. He also thinks Junior Siavii has made a lot of progress and could make his move.

The Rat also gave us some juice on his conversion to NT in the Bill Parcells' era. Listen to him describe Parcells throwing him into the fire as a NT one game, without a lot of training at the position.

Ratliff also touched on topics like his size as a NT, how much double-teaming he sees in a game (hint: it's a lot), and the additions of Keith Brooking and Igor Olshansky.

Also, Rat gives huge props to OLB Brandon Williams, who he says is a guy you need to watch out for. You'll love what Jay says about the kid.

The link takes you to the main page to click onto the interview.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 06-18-2009 at 03:48 PM.
Old 06-19-2009, 10:40 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

I'm really not that worried about Roy as our #1 receiver. I think he'll do fine, especially once he and Tony are totally on the same page. I'm more worried about our #2 situation. However, we did pretty well in 2007 with Crayton as the #2, and Crayton's still here. Potentially, we could be in a better spot now with the development of Austin.

As you say, most of these questions will not be answered until the end of the year. I'm ready for the games to begin so that we can start getting answers.
Old 06-19-2009, 11:14 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
That's because Tony himself is still a work in progress, he's changed up his footwork and he's been errant on some throws. Either way it's really early, and because we have arguably the best coverage of OTA's and mini-camp because were the Cowboys we can talk about every little thing, good or bad, until the season starts.
True enough, Romo is a work in progress. As such he deserves kudos for going from an UDFA from a Div. II program & former backup to the Pro Bowl, but also deserves condemnation for his many setbacks that cost his team wins.

A yr. ago I ranked the top 10 NFL QBs & he was 6th, maybe that's a tad too high, with state of the art QB Peyton Manning ranked 1st. Romo may about 10th-12th now. How he gels with the rest of the offense & with Roy will be crucial to how the team does, note how they sank like a rock after his pinky injury & their failure to do just that, reintegrate him into their offense that had sunk into chaos, & the end of last season was a nightmare. A lot of that is on HC Phillips & his staff, but I believe they are intelligent enough to se that & make the required corrective steps to put them where they were expected to be when they went 13-3 & placed a rcd. 13 Pro Bowl players.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When it comes to Romo, I can't help but get excited for this season. I hear all the criticism he gets, and some of it is deserved. The one thing that always stands out when I think about him is his play making ability. Somehow in all of the questions about him that gets overlooked. With only so many starts under his belt, Tony is already one of the best play making QBs in the game. The guys is a bonafide difference maker. The only problem is that he'll make stupid plays along with the great plays. He's the type of guy that will give you 3 touchdowns, but will also give you a pick or fumble every week to go along with it.

I think the bone head plays should start to decrease with more experience. I'm not excusing all of the dumb things that he does, but I'm thinking that he is learning to contain his play making skills from costing the team. If he can find a way to stray from having too many turnovers, he'd be even more deadly than he already is. If there is one thing good about T.O. not being here, it's that there won't be this huge pressure to get the ball into T.O.'s hands. Sure you lose another big playmaker, but you also get rid of a little bit of pressure.

We'll see how things turn out this season, but I'm pretty confident that Romo will get over 30 TDs again this season.

Old 06-19-2009, 11:33 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

lol I miss Quincy's interviews. Win or lose he'd always give me and my friends great comedy with his lisp. To this day we still bring up Quincy's hilarious speech pattern. I do feel a little sorry for the guy, but he did bring it on himself.

Old 06-22-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
When it comes to Romo, I can't help but get excited for this season. I hear all the criticism he gets, and some of it is deserved. The one thing that always stands out when I think about him is his play making ability. Somehow in all of the questions about him that gets overlooked. With only so many starts under his belt, Tony is already one of the best play making QBs in the game. The guys is a bonafide difference maker. The only problem is that he'll make stupid plays along with the great plays. He's the type of guy that will give you 3 touchdowns, but will also give you a pick or fumble every week to go along with it.

I think the bone head plays should start to decrease with more experience. I'm not excusing all of the dumb things that he does, but I'm thinking that he is learning to contain his play making skills from costing the team. If he can find a way to stray from having too many turnovers, he'd be even more deadly than he already is. If there is one thing good about T.O. not being here, it's that there won't be this huge pressure to get the ball into T.O.'s hands. Sure you lose another big playmaker, but you also get rid of a little bit of pressure.

We'll see how things turn out this season, but I'm pretty confident that Romo will get over 30 TDs again this season.
I love his playmaking ability, but he has got to take better care of the football this year, or the playoff drought is going to continue. If he can do that, take care of the football, then I think he will take the next step forward in his development.
Old 06-22-2009, 04:12 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Laroi Glover retired today. One of my favorite players from the early half of this decade. A keystone on that 2002 #1 D.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
I love his playmaking ability, but he has got to take better care of the football this year, or the playoff drought is going to continue. If he can do that, take care of the football, then I think he will take the next step forward in his development.
You're right about that. I love having the 2 TDs a game, but the interception per game is hurting him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Laroi Glover retired today. One of my favorite players from the early half of this decade. A keystone on that 2002 #1 D.
He was one of my absolute favorite players to watch. He was so strong. I loved watching him just bully people with his great strength, and I loved that he was also so quick on the inside. The guy was a phenomenal player to watch circa 98-2004. I think he was even good at adapting to the 3-4, even if it wasn't his best fit. He was also still good in St. Louis for a little while too. He'll always go down as a great one to me.

Old 06-23-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

Laroi Glover was a good guy. He was one of the best players to ever come to Dallas via free agency. And when they switched to the 3-4--which as E-man noted, was not his best fit--he never bitched and moaned about it. He just continued to play hard.
Old 06-23-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

http://www.star-telegram.com/sports/story/1448878.html

Sort of amusing little item about the O-line's heavy metal band. Maybe this is why they've kept Cory Proctor! It certainly wasn't for his football playing.
Old 06-23-2009, 03:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

gah. Free Reign is so bad. Colombo should not be singing at all. It's just awful.

I do want to know how long Bigg has been playing bass for, though. Kind of crazy that they were able to form a band on the same team. All on the O-Line no less.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-23-2009, 10:32 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dare any record exec to have a meeting with Free Reign and not sign them. Leonard will ******* eat you.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 05:35 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I dare any record exec to have a meeting with Free Reign and not sign them. Leonard will ******* eat you.
Colombo at 6'7/6'8 also is a bit of an intimidating factor.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-24-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Colombo at 6'7/6'8 also is a bit of an intimidating factor.
Yeah, and he's reported to be the meanest guy on the O-Line on the field. :D
Old 06-24-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Yeah, and he's reported to be the meanest guy on the O-Line on the field. :D
Colombo is an a-hole on the field. He seriously gets into a scuffle every single game. Plays w/ a nasty demeanor, I love it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 06-25-2009, 09:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Chris Canty has been taking some subtle jabs at the Cowboys since he signed with the Giants.

Nothing bulletin board, but just hearing some of his interviews, you can read between the lines.

I wonder if he will share the same passion and hatred of the Cowboys that the other players on the Giants have. I can't picture someone spending that much time with the Cowboys, then just instantly dislike em the same way the other Giants players do. Its not a switch you can turn on and off.
Old 06-26-2009, 09:43 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Chris Canty has been taking some subtle jabs at the Cowboys since he signed with the Giants.

Nothing bulletin board, but just hearing some of his interviews, you can read between the lines.

I wonder if he will share the same passion and hatred of the Cowboys that the other players on the Giants have. I can't picture someone spending that much time with the Cowboys, then just instantly dislike em the same way the other Giants players do. Its not a switch you can turn on and off.
I think he's most ticked off because the reaction in Dallas to his leaving was pretty much a yawn. It's generally believed here that Olshansky for Canty is a wash. I'm sure you have a different opinion. We'll see in the next few months which is actually correct.
Old 06-26-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he's most ticked off because the reaction in Dallas to his leaving was pretty much a yawn. It's generally believed here that Olshansky for Canty is a wash. I'm sure you have a different opinion. We'll see in the next few months which is actually correct.
I think thats an accurate assessment by Cowboys fans. Canty was really nothing more than a very stoute run stuffer in a 3-4. Olshanksky can give you the same qualities in a 3-4 End.

For us, I think Canty has potential to break out for various reasons. The guy is such a physical freak, now in a 4-3 he can really use those long arms and strength to rush the passer in our front inside. Plus with all the attention Tuck and Osi will have, he doesn't have to shoulder as much responsibility on that line anymore.

Even if he's nothing more than a stoute NT in our scheme, which I think he's very capable of doing, he's an upgrade for us. I expect more out of him, but regardless, I expect him to be an upgrade over Robbins and Coffield.

He's a wild card for sure. I just want a good run stuffer out of him, which I think we'll get. Anything on top of that is gravy. The guy has the tools, and now has the best dline coach in the league to get it out of him. So I'm definitely curious to see what he can do.
Old 06-26-2009, 01:37 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Colombo is an a-hole on the field. He seriously gets into a scuffle every single game. Plays w/ a nasty demeanor, I love it.
Me too, Columbo has been a real find for them. Can't go wrong with a BC interior lineman. And he doesn't blow the snap counts like Go With the Flozell either.

Interesting they say that about him, the pundits all said the same thing about Marcus Spears, p*sses off team mates by starting fights in practice, argues with coaches, dumber than a box of hammers, etc.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I don't know why Canty would be upset. Maybe because the team underachieved, but he wasn't exactly a world beater that gave his all. He's at fault too for the team underachieving. He's a good player that I hate losing, but Finchase is right about him and Olshansky being a wash. I see how you think he can break out BBD, and I agree with you. I just hope he doesn't because he plays for a rival now. lol

If he's really upset that fans didn't make a big deal of him leaving, then he has no one to blame but himself. If he played like a Pro Bowler, then we as Cowboy fans would be clamoring for him. You know how it goes for us. When we lose a good guy, then it's the end of the world and all that jazz. When the Cowboys sign a good player we talk super Bowl. lol

As a person I wish him success, but as a Giant I wish him an 0-16 season.:twisted:

Old 06-26-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

What is Canty upset about?

I expect him to start acting like a Justin Tuck wannabe pretty soon and everything out of his mouth is hate Dallas this. I can't wait until week 2, NYG really has no legit threat at WR or TE to beat our secondary now at all, and I think Eli will struggle with pressure.

I expect us to lose to Philly, maybe both games, but we'll sweep the Giants, Eli is terrible without a play-maker at the WR position and I doubt we see one emerge this year for them.

Quote: