Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-14-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
W......T.......F?!!!
Marty B is like doing an SNL skit for the Clan..... and he says its funny!
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2009, 09:45 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of what he says is funny, but that's not funny at all. That's just ********.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...for-grabs.html

I will actually buy one -- good cause -- if I win, I'd be more than happy to invite a few folks (seriously).
Old 07-21-2009, 11:56 PM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

how's my boy Miles Austin doing? living in Monmouth, I saw a lot of him in college. Is he in line to be the #2 this year?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2009, 12:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He missed nearly all of OTAs with an injury but, he should be all healed up by now. He better be. haha. Dude has been partying it up lately. Another night club every night. But one was for his birthday w/ playboy bunnies, so that's pretty sweet. :D But yeah, he should be healthy. As for him as a starter...he's off to a slow start there do to the hamstring. But he could still get there possibly. It should be an open competetion between he and Crayton w/ Hurd being a sleeper. Coming into the off-season he was the favorite but, I wouldnt be shocked if Crayton held onto the job to start the season. But he'll certainly get his shot at it. You can bet that all the coaches and upper management are rooting for him to get that starting job. It's going to be a fun couple of weeks at the start of camp. We dont have many position battles ; the battle for that #2 WR spot should be the most entertaining.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-22-2009 at 12:09 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He missed nearly all of OTAs with an injury but, he should be all healed up by now. He better be. haha. Dude has been partying it up lately. Another night club every night. But one was for his birthday w/ playboy bunnies, so that's pretty sweet. :D But yeah, he should be healthy. As for him as a starter...he's off to a slow start there do to the hamstring. But he could still get there possibly. It should be an open competetion between he and Crayton w/ Hurd being a sleeper. Coming into the off-season he was the favorite but, I wouldnt be shocked if Crayton held onto the job to start the season. But he'll certainly get his shot at it. You can bet that all the coaches and upper management are rooting for him to get that starting job. It's going to be a fun couple of weeks at the start of camp. We dont have many position battles ; the battle for that #2 WR spot should be the most entertaining.
He is ready to contribute this year. When I coached with him at the charity event, I sat next to him at dinner, and basically asked him about his expectations and he looks like he is ready to go. I got the impression the staff seemed high on him, so I am rooting for him to do well. I told him when he left, to make NJ proud!
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NEW YORK (AP)—The NFL is making its already popular draft even more television-friendly, moving the first round to Thursday night.

Next year’s draft will switch from a two-day, weekend format to a three-day event with the opening round in prime time for the first time.

The NFL said Thursday that the first round will begin at 7:30 p.m. EDT on April 22. The second and third rounds will start at 6:30 p.m. on Friday, with the last four rounds beginning Saturday morning.

“Moving the first round to prime time on Thursday night will make the first round of the draft available to fans on what is typically the most-watched night of television,” commissioner Roger Goodell said in a release.

The draft will continue to be televised by ESPN and NFL Network and held at Radio City Music Hall.

Over the years, it has evolved from a mostly unnoticed affair to a major TV event. The draft took place on Saturday-Sunday from 1995-2009 and Sunday-Monday from 1988-94. Before that, it was held on one or two weekdays.

A total of 39 million viewers watched the draft this year.

The NFL said the first round lasted just under 3 1/2 hours in 2009, which would fit in neatly into a prime-time slot.

What do you guys think? It will take some getting used to.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Much more time for awful analysis by ESPN's talking heads... More days just means more hours of stuttering idiots and less actual drafting. I see no positives thus far, but my ears are open for ideas. Anyone?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Much more time for awful analysis by ESPN's talking heads... More days just means more hours of stuttering idiots and less actual drafting. I see no positives thus far, but my ears are open for ideas. Anyone?
Good thing I stopped watching ESPN except for highlights and scores. I go all NFL Network for the draft now, even during commercials.

Old 07-24-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Is it just me or are these last few days before training camp going incredibly slowly? I am so ready for football!
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinChase View Post
Is it just me or are these last few days before training camp going incredibly slowly? I am so ready for football!
And boy do I need it!!! I need the media to hype me up about my boys so I can rebuild false hopes in them. :D

I used to be so positive... One disappointing (not gonna say bad eventhough I think it will be one of our very worst) draft and I'm all bummed.... :(
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
And boy do I need it!!! I need the media to hype me up about my boys so I can rebuild false hopes in them. :D

I used to be so positive... One disappointing (not gonna say bad eventhough I think it will be one of our very worst) draft and I'm all bummed.... :(
Welcome to the dark side! Although, strangely in a reverse of roles, I feel pretty positive about this team. I have much hope. Injuries or Flozell Adams are the only possible reason this team doesn't have at least one playoff victory this year. We are stacked.
Old 07-25-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Welcome to the dark side! Although, strangely in a reverse of roles, I feel pretty positive about this team. I have much hope. Injuries or Flozell Adams are the only possible reason this team doesn't have at least one playoff victory this year. We are stacked.
It should be known... I like Jerry. Think he's one of the hardest trying GM/Owners in the league... even makes cheering for the Boys fun. But it should be known... I DO NOT follow him blindly. If he screws up, I'm right there to point it out. Just as well as I stick up for him when I think he does something right.
Old 07-26-2009, 07:56 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It should be known... I like Jerry. Think he's one of the hardest trying GM/Owners in the league... even makes cheering for the Boys fun. But it should be known... I DO NOT follow him blindly.....
Jerry Jones makes you want to cheer for the Cowboys?

Now that is certainly a new one I have never heard in 20 years.
Old 07-26-2009, 03:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Jerry Jones makes you want to cheer for the Cowboys?

Now that is certainly a new one I have never heard in 20 years.
Well, I'm glad I was the one to say it then. ;)

Remember, if not for him, Parcells doesn't even come here. ... and I loved Parcells... but not blindly either. He had his fair share of terrible blunders. Don't remind me of that Julius Jones draft.
Old 07-26-2009, 06:03 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Why think of Julius when you can think of Quincy?! lol

I think Jerry is pretty polarizing, and I sometimes feel like the only one with a gray response to Jerry. He's done some good things, and some bad things as well. Regardless, I don't think he's the sole reason for everything. He's got the most influence, but there's only so much he can do.

Old 07-26-2009, 10:14 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

My thoughts on Jerry are thus: There is no denying what he and Jimmy accomplished together, but the man fell in love with the status/his own legend and lost sight of what was most important to keeping the franchise competitive. I still believe that Jerry is an intelligent football guy, and has the brain and drive to be a G.M. Where things go wrong in Valley Ranch have all been cases of Jerry going against all business sense to prove a point to the world. Examples include firing Jimmy, hiring Switzer/Gailey/Campo/Parcells, 2 1sts for Joey Galloway, Quincy Carter being drafted in the 2nd round, Drew Henson, Terrell Owens (signing AND cutting), and there's a few I'm leaving out here. At some point recently I do believe he has made an effort to move away from that, or he's giving up power to guys like Stephen Jones and formerly Jeff Ireland. As a result, I do believe we're on our way back. The organizations moves the past few seasons have gotten more and more conservative, despite what ESPN coverage would have you believe. Great conservative signings this off-season, guys who support the stars of this team. Olshansky, Brooking, and even Sensabaugh all help let Ware get after the QB more freely, and this defense will far outshine the offense. The Kitna signing is solid, and Kitna has had success recently in this league (and we just happen to have his old #1 receiver on the roster). I've come a long way from where I stood with Jerry during the Parcells era, I'm just keeping an open mind. My mind could change again.
Old 07-27-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Want to make a sig bet on that one?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Want to make a sig bet on that one?
Please be specific as to what you'd like to bet on.
Old 07-27-2009, 05:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If you guys remember, Brewster went down w/ an injury during OTAs. Well, he's out for the year now w/ that torn pectoral. It wont have any effect on our season but, it does suck in terms of development.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If you guys remember, Brewster went down w/ an injury during OTAs. Well, he's out for the year now w/ that torn pectoral. It wont have any effect on our season but, it does suck in terms of development.
Laughed when we made the pick and I'm laughing again right now.

Laughing in disgust that is. *mad face*
Old 07-27-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That sucks to hear. You just can help some of these things. Let's hope this is just an exception, and that it doesn't turn into a trend.

Old 07-27-2009, 07:23 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

remember when Wade Phillips said he was gonna be tougher this year?

any reports coming out about that? or is he still a marshmallow man?
Old 07-27-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
That sucks to hear. You just can help some of these things. Let's hope this is just an exception, and that it doesn't turn into a trend.
I'll tell you what trend this is...

The trend of people saying... "We don't need to address OT in the draft. We have Brewster coming back from injury. He was doing great in OTAs before he got hurt."

Yeah... I'm already bracing myself. This is Doug Free all over again.

So just chalk 1 out of the 12 as a bust so far. Could've used his pick (Rnd 3, Pick 11), combined with our 2nd rounder to move up for Maualuga.

I hate Jerry's face right about now.
Old 07-27-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rey wouldve been so scary in Wade's 3-4.

Rey is the best blitzing MIKE ive seen in a long time. He'd be a beast for Dallas.

I was hoping he fell to us. Can you imagine him blitzing on the Giants D? Forgetaboutit.