Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-10-2006, 11:55 PM    (permalink
Bearsfan123
Pro Bowler

Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Bearsfan123 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

you know what i think it was, I think its what happened to sexy rexy. Romo came in as an unknown (this year) but now after a couple games people have tape on him. And know his tendencies. Itll be much harder for him from now on most likely. Not positive, might just be an off day but i think its that the opposition has tape on Romo. Good evening

Whitney Mercilus will be a better and more productive player than Shea McClellin

In Tyler We Trust

Welcome to Project Mayhem

This was stolen, and I appreciate it.
Jimmy Buckets <3
Bearsfan123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2006, 11:57 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bearsfan123
you know what i think it was, I think its what happened to sexy rexy. Romo came in as an unknown (this year) but now after a couple games people have tape on him. And know his tendencies. Itll be much harder for him from now on most likely. Not positive, might just be an off day but i think its that the opposition has tape on Romo. Good evening
I agree, and having your former Offensive Coordinator on the other side didn't help either. Sean did a great job.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:03 AM    (permalink
Number-94

Well...no excuses we got killed. The only person who had a good game was Newman they kept away from where he was and he showed his tackling skills. Roy Wlliams and Davis got PWNED. But, I think we are asking to much of Roy to play center field.

We need a LB that can man up a TE or RB. This is why I wanted them to sign Julian Peterson, I think he would of been a big differnence to what we are now. Something else that bugs me how the hell do we get beat by a blocking FB for 3TDs.

Last but certainly not least...fire Zimmer and get an actual 3-4 DC!
Old 12-11-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I felt like we would lose this game, but a blowout is embarassing.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:12 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What the hell happened? Was it overlooking them or what?

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:13 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number-94
Well...no excuses we got killed. The only person who had a good game was Newman they kept away from where he was and he showed his tackling skills. Roy Wlliams and Davis got PWNED. But, I think we are asking to much of Roy to play center field.

We need a LB that can man up a TE or RB. This is why I wanted them to sign Julian Peterson, I think he would of been a big differnence to what we are now. Something else that bugs me how the hell do we get beat by a blocking FB for 3TDs.

NO MORE LB!! sorry, as I said before we invested to much money and to many picks on linebackers.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:14 AM    (permalink
Number-94

Can anyone tell me why after the 77 yard run we ran about 5 more times got atleast 6 yards then pass...pass..and pass some more until we have to pass to win?

Don't know about you all but in all the games I seen him coach the Giants, Jets, and Patriots I never remember seeing him abandoning the run like that before.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:17 AM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:

NO MORE LB!! sorry, as I said before we invested to much money and to many picks on linebackers.
Well, maybe I worded it wrong. Can be a FS too. I just don't feel like Bill can trust Roy to man up on someone like Bush to have an effective pass rush.
Old 12-11-2006, 12:18 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Can anyone tell me why after the 77 yard run we ran about 5 more times got atleast 6 yards then pass...pass..and pass some more until we have to pass to win?

Don't know about you all but in all the games I seen him coach the Giants, Jets, and Patriots I never remember seeing him abandoning the run like that before.
God-awful coaching. All across the board.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:19 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

We don't have the dominate OL that he has had in the past. Instead our WR are our strength. So we use the pass to set up the run. I'm sure parcells wishes we could rush 40 times a game but we just don't have the blocking.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Quote:

Well, maybe I worded it wrong. Can be a FS too. I just don't feel like Bill can trust Roy to man up on someone like Bush to have an effective pass rush.
I agree with Paul. There isn't much speed back there. It was very apparent on the screens. And how many more games do we have to endure before we get some kind of freakin' pressure. Frustrating.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 02:09 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I was at the game and all I can say is WOW, that was unbelievable and unexpected. That was without a doubt the worst loss and feeling I've experienced live at the stadium. I'm not really surprised that we lost but surprised with the way in which we lost. I hate to say it but I think we quit at some point probably late in the 3rd or early in the 4th. I'm not going to even attempt to comment on the game as I know I will probably overreact and be irrational, maybe I'll comment on it tomorrow.
Old 12-11-2006, 02:36 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

at least it happened now and not in the playoffs. hopefully this grounded us and allows us to evaluate all of the weaknesses we have. id rather go in playing like underdogs and fighting, than having a cocky attitude.

first off, parcells got outcoached by another one of his pupils; probably because they arent as stubborn as him, they take all the good he has to offer but they also modernize. How many times are we going to try and run Julius up the gut instead of off tackle until we figure out that he cant run between the gaurds. ours gaurds blow anyways. the 77 yarder was nice, but for the most part he has been shut down up the middle for the past 5 games. I thought the whole reasoning of the 2 back system was to have barber to pound and julius to stretch? maybe im ********.

our safeties cant cover for **** and its almost becoming sickening because the only time ive heard roys name called over the past 3 games is for getting beat deep. no bit hits, no forced fumbles, no sacks, were hardly putting him in the box for christ sakes. davis blows. watkins blows.

Romo looked like ****, but i think he'll get over it. He definately isnt another rex grossman although bears fans would love to believe it. I dont ever see romo with a passer rating of 1.3 or having 18 turnovers in 7 games.

TO -- alligator arms on one occasion and the drop over his shoulder was pathetic. he better get this dropped ball **** off his consious quick.

D-ware, nice for about the first quarter in a half and then his motor wore out. he had no pass rush to go along with the rest of a pathetic rush from the line.

They dinked and dunked us all over the field and got most of their yards after the catch. linebackers played like **** as a whole.

carpenter still looks like a loser.

most of all, the chips didnt fall our way tonight. No turnovers, no momentum, the parcells 15 yard penalty. it just wasnt our night.

+++POSITIVES+++ Newman, badass as always. Ferguson swallowed quite a few guys, Henry had some plays but also played that deep ball terribly, glenn was a beast.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 03:03 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We can complain about our lack of pressure. But I has to come down to Zimmer. Think about this....Roy and Davis are playing deep cover 2 somewhere near 80% of the plays. We blitz occasionally but it doesn't seem like we blitz as much as some of the other 3-4 teams. With our corners playing close man to man and the ability to match up with alot of the top WR's combo's in the league. Personally I'd like to see us work some more robber coverages with our safeties to allow roy not to have to play deep. To me this screams d-cordinator.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 04:51 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're in a must win situation once again. If we win the next two games we'll have the #3 seed in the NFC. Hope that Romo puts that game behind his shoulder..
This year we've showed the ability to win when it really matters, to come from behind and to go forward when we had our backs against the wall.. Now it's time to do that once again. Our playoffs begin next saturday..

This f***** blocked FG against the Redskins is haunting us...

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 05:40 AM    (permalink
yourfavestoner
#1 Vickscuser
All-NFLDC

yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.yourfavestoner is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just curious, but how is Akin Ayodele working out for you guys? He was a perennial underachiever in Jacksonville, but he was a monster against the run when he wanted to be.
yourfavestoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:13 AM    (permalink
ricky bobby
Pro Bowler

Location: Oh please give me a good reputation. I'm so concerned with what you think about me!
ricky bobby hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What a shame. Just when the Cowboys were being discussed as the best team in the NFC. This is the first time i came onto this thread and i noticed a pattern. After a loss everybody on this thread blaims coaching and the coordinators. We do that on the Giants thread also. I give credit to the Saints, they completely outplayed and outcoached you guys. Some of the plays Sean Payton pulled off were amazing. I especially liked the double fake to McCallister, then Bush, and the long throw down field to Henderson. The giants are playing the Saints in two weeks, i'm a little worried.
ricky bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:26 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yourfavestoner
Just curious, but how is Akin Ayodele working out for you guys? He was a perennial underachiever in Jacksonville, but he was a monster against the run when he wanted to be.
He's having a great year.. Obviously he doesn't play the nickle defense, but he's making some plays against the run..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 07:55 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd like to thank Bill Parcells for not rushing Marion Barber much and thus preserving my chances to make my fantasy playoffs if a few things go right tonight.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:36 AM    (permalink
bigmac076
Veteran

bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigmac076 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tuna's excuse for throwing the red flag was horrendous. "Uh, my coach upstairs said I should throw it". That penalty couldn't have come at a worse time. Instead of the review team just simply overturning the call of a complete pass, and it being 3rd and 20 on the Cowboys 43. It was 1st and 10 Saints at the Cowboys 28. And the score at the time was 14-7 Saints.
Old 12-11-2006, 09:41 AM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigmac076
Tuna's excuse for throwing the red flag was horrendous. "Uh, my coach upstairs said I should throw it". That penalty couldn't have come at a worse time. Instead of the review team just simply overturning the call of a complete pass, and it being 3rd and 20 on the Cowboys 43. It was 1st and 10 Saints at the Cowboys 28. And the score at the time was 14-7 Saints.
As dumb as it sounds, the right move there would have been to call a time out before the Saints could snap the ball. That way the booth upstairs would have had more time to look at it and decide if it should be challenged. Andy Reid does that from time to time.
Jughead10 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 09:43 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think you guys are overreacting. It was one loss, a bad one at that, but still...one loss. The team didn't show up to play, its as simple as that. You can see a lack of emotion out of the Cowboys for that game, they totally underestimated the Saints.

You can blame coaching for some of the woes, but honestly, this game was all about execution.

You couldn't stop the run, you couldn't rush the passer. Thats it. Thats what it came down to. You passed alot because you were down so much. The offensive gameplan was an aftershock of the horrible defensive play.

Dallas is a great run stuffing team, but they did not get the job done against the run against the Saints. And the Saints spread them out with 5 WR often. When you get spread out like that, you should get pressure with a 4/5 man rush, and Dallas tried it. But they didn't get pressure. The bottomline is your linemen and Ware weren't winning their individual assignments and not creating pressure on Brees. Even when you guys did blitz, it didn't do a thing. No one got pressure, whether you sent 7 or 4, it made no difference. Roy had to be in coverage, what else is he supposed to do when you have a suspect FS and a 5 WR set? Did he get his ass busted? Yes he did. Roy is not a good pass coverage safety. And it seems like the only tackle he knows how to do is a horsecollar. And Payton took advantage of that. He picked on your safeties all game.

But to neutralize that weakness, you gotta generate a pass rush. And quite simply, the pass rush was mediocre at best the entire game outside of the first drive. To me, this game came down to the pass rush and run defense, and Dallas simply didn't do a good job in either.

And let's give NO credit. Theyre one heck of a team. I know their defense is suspect, but they are a very good team. Theres no luck involved in this "cinerella story". They are the real deal.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:04 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok, lets not overreact.

The bottom line is that NO is a better team than anyone was giving them credit for.

Their offense is sick. Their defense can't really stop the run but if you get up early you don't have to worry about that from a defense.

Romo has come back down to earth. That's not all bad. I'd rather he come back down to earth now than later. He does now need to play within the system more. He seems to be throwing off his back foot too much.

DWare played a very good game, but toward the end of the game he started to lose contain. It's official, DWare is good, Merriman is a better player. No more comments on this until proven otherwise, Merriman is the better player.

Terry Glenn is a stud still. Witten is starting to make me think he's overrated.

The penalty on Parcells was terrible. He should of just called a time out but the brain fart really sucked.

Overall, Roy Williams and Keith Davis played Terrible. KD needs to be benched, he's absolutely terrible.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2006, 10:09 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Ok, lets not overreact.

The bottom line is that NO is a better team than anyone was giving them credit for.

Their offense is sick. Their defense can't really stop the run but if you get up early you don't have to worry about that from a defense.

Romo has come back down to earth. That's not all bad. I'd rather he come back down to earth now than later. He does now need to play within the system more. He seems to be throwing off his back foot too much.

DWare played a very good game, but toward the end of the game he started to lose contain. It's official, DWare is good, Merriman is a better player. No more comments on this until proven otherwise, Merriman is the better player.

Terry Glenn is a stud still. Witten is starting to make me think he's overrated.

The penalty on Parcells was terrible. He should of just called a time out but the brain fart really sucked.

Overall, Roy Williams and Keith Davis played Terrible. KD needs to be benched, he's absolutely terrible.
Youre gonna anger alot of people with that statement my friend. I agree with you, but most on this board are gonna call for your head.

I wouldn't call Witten overrated. I actually like him alot. He thrives on a balanced attack. Witten is a great blocker and WR. He's at his best when you guys could do both, that allows him to catch LBs off guard and run out in patterns and catch balls.

When youre in must pass situations, his play decreases because he doesn't have elite speed to simply break an LB, but he's still damn good. Great hands, great route running, thick body, I like Witten alot.
Old 12-11-2006, 10:56 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Ok, lets not overreact.

Youre gonna anger alot of people with that statement my friend. I agree with you, but most on this board are gonna call for your head.
I agree completely, right now Merriman is the better player. But Dware isn't terrible or a bust, Ware is still gonna make alot of probowls and get alot of sacks, so I'm happy with the pick overall. It's not his fault he's not a freak of nature like Merriman.