Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-27-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Rey wouldve been so scary in Wade's 3-4.

Rey is the best blitzing MIKE ive seen in a long time. He'd be a beast for Dallas.

I was hoping he fell to us. Can you imagine him blitzing on the Giants D? Forgetaboutit.
Ah what could have been... what could have been...

Anyone know any anger management techniques?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

i find hookers and choke em.
Old 07-27-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
...and I thought I needed help.... hahaha
Old 07-27-2009, 08:05 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

hahhaa, relax everyone, its just a joke :p
Old 07-27-2009, 08:29 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Please be specific as to what you'd like to bet on.
I say the Cowboys will not win a playoff game. I don't even think they'll make the playoffs, actually, but I'll sig bet that they don't win a playoff game. Loser rocks the other's sig until the '10 draft.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
I say the Cowboys will not win a playoff game. I don't even think they'll make the playoffs, actually, but I'll sig bet that they don't win a playoff game. Loser rocks the other's sig until the '10 draft.
Did you get my PM?
Old 07-27-2009, 09:00 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
hahhaa, relax everyone, its just a joke :p
I hope so. That was odd to put it mildly.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
remember when Wade Phillips said he was gonna be tougher this year?

any reports coming out about that? or is he still a marshmallow man?
Wade is as good as fired. He is a gigantic camel toe.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:02 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:

Get on websites and bad mouth our moron GM.
Old 07-27-2009, 11:40 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'll tell you what trend this is...

The trend of people saying... "We don't need to address OT in the draft. We have Brewster coming back from injury. He was doing great in OTAs before he got hurt."

Yeah... I'm already bracing myself. This is Doug Free all over again.

So just chalk 1 out of the 12 as a bust so far. Could've used his pick (Rnd 3, Pick 11), combined with our 2nd rounder to move up for Maualuga.

I hate Jerry's face right about now.
lol How is he a bust? Injuries happen sometimes. His career is not, nor should it be defined by having an injury his first season. Things happen sometimes man, and it could happen to anyone. It dosn't mean that he'll suck. For all we know he could be the next Larry Allen. We haven't seen him play yet, and neither have the coaches. This pushes him back a bit, but it's not the end of the world for him. People wanted an O-Lineman, and they spent a decently high pick on one. Just because that pick got hurt doesn't mean that it was a bad one. Also, how does this reflect poorly on Jerry and Wade? It's not like they knew he was going to get hurt when they took him. Rashard Mendenhall got hurt last year, does that mean he's a bust already? Come on D, we can't go calling people busts before training camp starts. Give it some time before we do that.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The label 'bust' to me implies that there were expectations that were not reached. What did any of us expect from Brewster? He is a 4th rounder who had no starting spot available to him. No big deal.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 11:48 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The label 'bust' to me implies that there were expectations that were not reached. What did any of us expect from Brewster? He is a 4th rounder who had no starting spot available to him. No big deal.
That's what I'm saying. He wasn't going to start, and he was a pick for depth and the future. It's not a lost cause.
Quote:
I knew you were cool man.:D

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 03:15 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Actually he was a 3rd rounder, picked 11th in that round. 75th overall. I definitely expected him to provide good depth for us this year, with the possibility of him starting at OT or OG as soon as next season. Our LG situation is still in major flux. Not gonna happen now. Probably won't happen ever if you ask me. He was a BIG TIME reach in the 3rd. Nobody saw that coming. He was universally rated as a 5th round prospect. We just suck ass at drafting OL. William Beatty was the previous OL drafted ahead of him. We traded down and lost out on him. He'll probably be the Giants future LT for the next 10-12 years. Coulda had him... But nah. Just because we reached on a 5th round talent in Round 3, doesn't make him a 3rd round talent. We passed up on some damn good talent. Brewster is a career back up at best.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:18 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Get on websites and bad mouth our moron GM.
It's actually quite therapeutic. If he was a moron all the time, I might actually hate him. Damn on him for doing good things from time to time. Damn him to hell. :)
Old 07-28-2009, 07:53 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
It's actually quite therapeutic. If he was a moron all the time, I might actually hate him. Damn on him for doing good things from time to time. Damn him to hell. :)
This line of reasoning is similar to that of Germans who lauded Hitler b/c the trains ran on time after he got into power.

Jerry is a football moron in every sense and this last draft only proves it further. All sizzle and no steak with many fans confusing movement with forward progress.

If Jerry was the coach he would be the master of calling the 2 yard drag route on 3rd and 20 and celebrate the completion.
Old 07-28-2009, 07:56 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Actually he was a 3rd rounder, picked 11th in that round. 75th overall. I definitely expected him to provide good depth for us this year, with the possibility of him starting at OT or OG as soon as next season. Our LG situation is still in major flux. Not gonna happen now. Probably won't happen ever if you ask me. He was a BIG TIME reach in the 3rd. Nobody saw that coming. He was universally rated as a 5th round prospect. We just suck ass at drafting OL. William Beatty was the previous OL drafted ahead of him. We traded down and lost out on him. He'll probably be the Giants future LT for the next 10-12 years. Coulda had him... But nah. Just because we reached on a 5th round talent in Round 3, doesn't make him a 3rd round talent. We passed up on some damn good talent. Brewster is a career back up at best.
Part of the problem we have had with drafting OL IMHO opinion is we have changed OL Philosophy 2 times in the last 6 years.

I have faith that over time if Houck is retained that the line play and talent will improve via trial and error .... regardless I did not agree we should have changed from the Sparano/Parcells ideal of fit, mobile, smart OL.
Old 07-28-2009, 10:20 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we need to make a move and get some depth. Anyone think there's a guy out there that we could go get kinda like we did with Holland last year?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Any thoughts from the peanut gallery on D'Quell Jackson in a trade from Cleveland?

Send them a second maybe or third and 5th....
Old 07-28-2009, 11:30 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That won't help our OL.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
703SKINS202
Pro Bowler

703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.703SKINS202 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just saw this video on Chris Cooley's blog, is he talking trash or is this just good fun? http://vimeo.com/5787861

Stedman Bailey 2012 Stat Tracker:
12 Games, 106 Rec, 1501 yards, 23 TD's

Steddy Ambition!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOnISzeG2Ao
703SKINS202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Any thoughts from the peanut gallery on D'Quell Jackson in a trade from Cleveland?

Send them a second maybe or third and 5th....
Cleveland loves D'Qwell like we like Ware. It won't happen. The future of our ILB position is fully entrusted in the hands of Jason Williams. Like the player, hate where we drafted him. Would've loved Rey more. I'd easily give up Williams, Brewster and a couple more picks in fact to move up 13 spots for Rey. Pure Disgust.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Part of the problem we have had with drafting OL IMHO opinion is we have changed OL Philosophy 2 times in the last 6 years.

I have faith that over time if Houck is retained that the line play and talent will improve via trial and error .... regardless I did not agree we should have changed from the Sparano/Parcells ideal of fit, mobile, smart OL.
It's going to change next year once we bring in a new HC.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think we need to make a move and get some depth. Anyone think there's a guy out there that we could go get kinda like we did with Holland last year?
We could imagine up names until the moon turns blue. It's just too hard to start and end that kind of discussion. We gave up a 5th rounder for him.

It might be easier to pinpoint guys were are busts due to injury... kinda like Columbo. IMO, Columbo is by far our best OL. Parcells' one claim to success as far as the OL goes.

But you see why Brewster is now so close to bust status... We're already talking about finding another guy to fill his spot on the roster.
Old 07-28-2009, 12:38 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I think it's unfair and highly premature to call him a bust, especially considering he wasn't taken in the first round.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 07-28-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
We could imagine up names until the moon turns blue. It's just too hard to start and end that kind of discussion. We gave up a 5th rounder for him.

It might be easier to pinpoint guys were are busts due to injury... kinda like Columbo. IMO, Columbo is by far our best OL. Parcells' one claim to success as far as the OL goes.

But you see why Brewster is now so close to bust status... We're already talking about finding another guy to fill his spot on the roster.
Dude Parcells turned around Flozell and Gurode's career also. Not exactly fair to just say Colombo.