Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-13-2009, 10:28 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
All you do is ignore the good and hiddeously reach on the bad. Have some balance. You're just an unreasonable hater until you do.
D, if you will go back a couple of pages, I have dismanteled his position. So much so that he refused to reply. He's simply not looking at things reasonably.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 10:30 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
New topic: Does anybody still have hope in Doug Free? I don't. But maybe I'm wrong? Tell me what your guys thoughts are.

Here's a chance for Bob to come out before hindsights 20/20.

I can just see Jerry letting him go after this season and then Bob saying... Jerry is an imbecile GM!!! HE LET GO OF DOUG FREE!!!!!

The DMN blogs have said that he has looked quite a bit better than last year. Now, he didn't look good at all last year so I'm not sure how encouraging that is. He certainly will be a guy I'm watching very closely.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 08-13-2009, 11:04 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Bob bothers you guys so much, try putting him on your ignore list. I finally did it myself last night.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

D, here's an article on that same thing.

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...r.36ff381.html

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 08-13-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Player you love most: DaMarcus Ware

Player you can't stand most that starts: Kyle Kosier

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Cory Proctor

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Anthony Spencer

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Sam Hurd

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Terence Newman

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Bobby Carpenter

Breakout guy: Martellus Bennett

"Your guy": Orlando Scandrick

Player who will most improve: Tony Romo

Player who will not improve: Jason Hatcher

Player who will regress most: Marcus Spears

Biggest salary cap burden: Flozell Adams

Biggest salary cap bargain: Orlando Scandrick

Rookie you like most: David Buehler

Rookie you hate most: Robert Brewster
Old 08-13-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
MicktheGreat
Veteran

MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MicktheGreat is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Question for you Dallas homers...

What do you see Felix Jones doing this season???

I'm a Titans homer so I didn't really get to see Felix play much last season (especially since he got hurt).
MicktheGreat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=D-Unit;1754477]Player you love most: Tony Romo

Player you can't stand most that starts: Spears

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Checkdown Mcgee

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Miles Austin

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Mike Jenkins

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Flozell Adams (healthy or not)

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Spears

"Your guy": Orlando Scandrick (you hated this pick BTW) Witten

Player who will most improve: Felix Jones

Player who will not improve: Allan Ball

Player who will regress most: Barber (alot fewer touches)

Rookie you like most: Hamlin

Rookie you hate most: Robert Brewster (Would have took Duke)

Mine

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Player you love most: Ware - Enjoy watching a future HOFer entering his prime.

Player you can't stand most that starts: Spears - Least amount of production versus promise when drafted.

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Proctor - He's just a punching bag because of our lack of depth.

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Spencer - Critical piece to this defense.

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Bennett - I think this kid is about to explode; the only thing that will keep his numbers from being huge is Witten taking some of his catches. However, he will be a big play machine and most folks forget that he will be a dominate blocker.

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Geroude - There was a reason they were really wanting Unger on draft day.

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Spears - Just not living up to draft status.

Breakout guy: Bennett - See above

Player who will most improve: Austin - Will have a very nice year.

Player who will not improve: Ken Hamlin - decent player but not worth his cap number.

Player who will regress most: Geroude - There were some whispers around the ranch at the end of last year that the coaches were not real happy with his play.

Biggest salary cap burden: Ken Hamlin - See above.

Biggest salary cap bargain: Scandrick - What else can be said; great competitor.

Rookie you like most: David Buehler - I'll go with him since I think ST is an area we could see the biggest improvement for this team.

Rookie you hate most: Robert Brewster - I don't hate him; I'm just disappointed in the setback (he wasn't going to contribute this year anyway).

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 08-13-2009 at 02:55 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont even know how to answer a lot of those because, I dont really hate any of our guys.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont even know how to answer a lot of those because, I dont really hate any of our guys.
Haha. You're like the complete opposite of Bob. He hates everyone on the team and only likes the ones we let go.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

[quote=pocketaces;1754531]
Quote:
Player you love most: Tony Romo

Player you can't stand most that starts: Spears

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Checkdown Mcgee

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Miles Austin

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Mike Jenkins

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Flozell Adams (healthy or not)

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Spears

"Your guy": Orlando Scandrick (you hated this pick BTW) Witten

Player who will most improve: Felix Jones

Player who will not improve: Allan Ball

Player who will regress most: Barber (alot fewer touches)

Rookie you like most: Hamlin

Rookie you hate most: Robert Brewster (Would have took Duke)

Mine
I didn't hate the Scandrick pick... I thought he was great value in the 5th. When we got him, I thought it was a steal. I just didn't like the hype he was getting which was as high as a 2nd rounder at one point.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Player you love most: Terence Newman

Player you can't stand most that starts: Marcus Spears

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Bobby Carpenter

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Anthony Spencer

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Felix Jones

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Miles Austin

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Bobby Carpenter

"Your guy": Mike Jenkins

Player who will most improve: Mike Jenkins

Player who will regress most: Marcus Spears

Biggest salary cap bargain: Jay Ratliff

Rookie you like most: Jason Williams

Rookie you hate most: Stephan Mcgee
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Jay Ratliff is easily the player with the best value on this team...

I know we say Jay is a liability in the run game, and I thought so myself, but it isn't true according to football outsiders.

Bradie James and Zach Thomas were the reason for a soft interior on D, Ratliff actually ranked among the best as far as run stuffing NT's. He had better number than Jamal Williams and Casey Hampton. We all know he can rush the passer....

To have this guy for 5 yr/25 mill is amazing. Wait until we see what Wilfork gets. I'll bet he touches 31-36 mill in just guaranteed money, not to mention a contract in the 87-92 range.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

By the way, I have the most recent football outsiders metrics on PDF so if anyone would like to see it hit me up. Shoot you emails to my inbox and ill do it later tonight.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

ugh, I'll give it a shot.

Player you love most: Tony Romo/Sam Hurd

Player you can't stand most that starts: I guess Kosier, he's not as bad as everyone makes him out to be, though. I honestly dont have a big problem with him, as long as he's healthy.

Player you can't stand most that doesn't start: Cory Procter

Player you want to love, but don't yet: Roy Williams

Player you think will capture your heart this season: Tony Romo will re-capture your hearts

Player who will disappoint you most this season (someone who you think highly of right now): Not something I want to think about. haha

Player who will continue to disappoint you: Smart money is on Bobby

"Your guy": Sam Hurd

Player who will most improve: Mike Jenkins

Player who will regress most: Jason Hatcher

Biggest salary cap burden: Ken Hamlin if he doesnt step it up

Biggest salary cap bargain: Jay Ratliff

Rookie you like most: Jason Williams for the future.

Rookie you hate most: Stephen Mcgee

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-13-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Bob bothers you guys so much, try putting him on your ignore list. I finally did it myself last night.
Join the club guys wooot!!! It makes for a much better experience, according to Bob he should be GM of this team because only he knows what's best from sitting at home on his couch.

Anyway excited for 2nite, do we have an official kickoff time yet? Can't find it.

I'm really excited about Stanback and Ogletree on offense honestly, I'll try and look out for Free, but I want to see how these two guys do in particuliar because that 5th WR spot is up for grabs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 03:42 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Jay Ratliff is easily the player with the best value on this team...

I know we say Jay is a liability in the run game, and I thought so myself, but it isn't true according to football outsiders.

Bradie James and Zach Thomas were the reason for a soft interior on D, Ratliff actually ranked among the best as far as run stuffing NT's. He had better number than Jamal Williams and Casey Hampton. We all know he can rush the passer....

To have this guy for 5 yr/25 mill is amazing. Wait until we see what Wilfork gets. I'll bet he touches 31-36 mill in just guaranteed money, not to mention a contract in the 87-92 range.
That's pretty shocking to hear. Is it the highlight reel of him looking like a human bowling pin too influencing on me? I'm gonna have to watch more closely this year.

I'd like to read that article. Post it. Thanks.
Old 08-13-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

2nd half offense is going to be dreadful to watch tonight, most likely. Mcgee/Carpenter running things. Bleh.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MicktheGreat View Post
Question for you Dallas homers...

What do you see Felix Jones doing this season???

I'm a Titans homer so I didn't really get to see Felix play much last season (especially since he got hurt).
Somewhere around 100-1100 total yards, maybe 800 rushing or so, 10 total TD's. Felix is a perfect fit for this team because he can make something happen with very little carries, he doesn't need 25 touches to make an impact, he can make it happen with 5, every time he touches the ball he's a threat to score and I think the coaching staff realizes it now more then ever.

He has a chance to be really special in this league, let's see how his durability issues hold up because if he can't finish this year, then we need to limit his touches until he proves otherwise, but he's gained some weight and is much more then just an outside runner.

He'll be one of the featured offensive players, and I expect big things from him, down the line a backfield duo of Choice and Felix sounds very promising.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
That's pretty shocking to hear. Is it the highlight reel of him looking like a human bowling pin too influencing on me? I'm gonna have to watch more closely this year.

I'd like to read that article. Post it. Thanks.
PM me your email and I can send you the numbers for the entire league
Old 08-13-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Here's what they said about our front 7....

The ascension of Jay Ratliff to Pro Bowl nose tackle is nothing short of astounding. The 298-pound Ratliff is 30 pounds smaller than most NFL nose tackles, and as a seventh-round pick who only won the job when Jason Ferguson got hurt at the start of the 2007 season, the Cowboys would have been happy if he simply held serve. Instead, they got a nose tackle that seemed to live in the backfield, penetrating past hapless centers and guards to blow up play after play. Only 4-3 defensive tackle Kevin Willams had as many Defeats as Ratliff amongst interior linemen, and the latter’s 7.5 sacks were as many as Patriots nose Vince Wilfork has had in his entire career. Ratliff’s success has prompted the Cowboys to consider moving him to end, but without a nose tackle to replace him, it’s hard to see how the move would make Dallas any better. Outside of Ratliff and the superb DeMarcus Ware, who finished second in the league to Terrell Suggs in Defeats, there’s wasn’t a lot to write home about amongst the Dallas front seven. Ends Chris Canty and Marcus Spears were competent, but neither took a huge step forward; Canty departed in the offseason for the Giants, where he’ll move to tackle. Despite the presence of prospects like Stephen Bowen and Jason Hatcher behind those guys, Dallas elected to bring in Igor Olshansky from San Diego, who should actually be a modest upgrade on Canty at a much cheaper price
(four years, $18 million). Spears is in the final year of his deal, and unlikely to be re-signed after the year. While middle linebacker Bradie James made noise about not making the Pro Bowl because of his sack total, he wasn’t particularly effective against the running game or in pass coverage; in fact, James’ most memorable moment in 2008 was being pancaked by Lorenzo Neal on the 82-yard touchdown run that turned the lights out at Texas Stadium. He was, however, better than Zach Thomas, who simply didn’t adapt well to Wade Phillips’ 3-4 scheme and had a season full of false steps and second guesses. Thomas departed after the season and was replaced by Keith Brooking, who was last seen chasing down ghosts in the Falcons’ Wild Card game. Former firstround pick Bobby Carpenter lurks as the primary backup at both inside linebacker spots, with Matt Stewart and former Chargers special teams threat Carlos Polk as the other options. Greg Ellis also showed signs of age in his struggles with the running game, leading the team to replace him with another former first-round pick, Anthony Spencer. Spencer’s still developing as a pass rusher, but has the athleticism to make plays as a run blitzer.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Did you guys watch hard knocks? Roy and Tank got some face time. Roy is still goofy as ever, he was whining about having to do the Oklahoma drill and was pancaked by Maurice Purify in the drill. haha. It was a good show.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-13-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Did you guys watch hard knocks? Roy and Tank got some face time. Roy is still goofy as ever, he was whining about having to do the Oklahoma drill and was pancaked by Maurice Purify in the drill. haha. It was a good show.
I wish I had caught it, Tank is always fun to watch on camera, he'll end up being a leader on that team pretty quickly.

You have any idea if they'll feature Bernard Scott as one of the guys they profile ? He was someone I really wanted to learn more about, besides the obvious characters.

Quote:
Old 08-13-2009, 04:25 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

I've read Rey and MJ have been doin ok. Rey expected to start, MJ already leap frogged into 2nd on the depth chart and is expected to start by the time the season hits.

They could shape up to be a decent defense. Their Oline will prob hold them back from doing anything substantial but definitely a team on the rise.

Question is, will Marvin Lewis be around to toy with this D after it matures. Probably not if he misses out on the wild card.
Old 08-13-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I wish I had caught it, Tank is always fun to watch on camera, he'll end up being a leader on that team pretty quickly.

You have any idea if they'll feature Bernard Scott as one of the guys they profile ? He was someone I really wanted to learn more about, besides the obvious characters.
I'd hope so, he'd be a very interesting guy to follow. I dont think they showed him running the ball either yet. They didnt really focus on the RBs, though. Benson got like two seconds of face time and they showed a nice run by Dede Dorsey, that was pretty much it. Lots of focus on Lewis, Chad, the TEs, Andre Smith, a little bit of Rey, and some long shots at OT and FB.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS