Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-14-2009, 11:42 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit, I do give credit when I feel it is due. I have also made a few positive comments above Mr Jerry Jones. But overall, I just don't see it and I do see deterioration once again with a future that looks darker, not brighter. And yes, there are massive pile on tendencies here which really is disappointing.

Ward, thanks. I actually don't think my posts are silly. I do think some are wrong but also many are dead on. I also really believe people don't here have poor reading comprehension skills. They do read, they unfortunately mis-interpret, assume something else, then pounce on the false assumption. It is fun when it is someone "you don't like." It actually does really bother me.

Burns, you and I disagree but you try seeing it both ways. Rispet. I am sure we will be chuckling about stuff as the season goes on.

Outta here for a few weeks. Ya'll got ur club and I don't want ya'll bickering. Enjoy Pre-Season and to a few of you best wishes at School. Cheers.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 08-14-2009 at 11:46 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok.. I know you're all focused on preaseason.. I don't care about preseason mostly because I can't watch it :)
anyway, I need some suggestions.. I'm going to NY in september and so I don't have a ton of money left... My ONLY chance to watch the NFL live is subscribing with NFL Game Pass which costs me around 170 euros... the good is that I can see every game and rewatch it everytime I want.. So should I spend another 170 euros or listen to the game audios live (which costs around 30 euros) and watch the game a few days later?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Ok.. I know you're all focused on preaseason.. I don't care about preseason mostly because I can't watch it :)
anyway, I need some suggestions.. I'm going to NY in september and so I don't have a ton of money left... My ONLY chance to watch the NFL live is subscribing with NFL Game Pass which costs me around 170 euros... the good is that I can see every game and rewatch it everytime I want.. So should I spend another 170 euros or listen to the game audios live (which costs around 30 euros) and watch the game a few days later?
Will you have internet access? All the games can be found online now days.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
The reason I enjoy having him here (even when I disagree) is that there is no other place to hear an opinion (on the Cowboys) like his. Not on sports talk radio/TV, not from informed friends, and definitely not 99% of the posters here can you actually find a fresh opinion.
Really??? I don't think it's that hard to look around on the internet for Jerry bashers, how is that a fresh opinion?

Fresh opinion is probably the exact opposite of him. I bet we could pull up post from 3 years ago and he would be arguing the exact same points as he is doing now. Besides that, at what point does the guy who always wants to scream from a mountain top at the top of his lungs I WAS RIGHT YOU WERE WRONG HAHAHAHAHAHA COWBOY FANNIES!!111!!!

That's not intelligent discussion, everytime someone quotes him I only hear him still trashing Jerry every chance he gets, or listing how many things he was right about before. Hey congratulations Bob, you got some things/predictions right, so that makes him more credible to run this team then Jerry Jones. Nevermind how he was ripping us a new one for not drafting Sidney Rice and how he would help us out so much in the red zone, there are alot more instances like that I can't think of now.

I give him a chance everytime he makes a new name after getting banned again, I'll try and listen to him, respond and have a normal conversation, then it always resorts to the same ol with him, hardly a fresh opinion to me. He doesn't bother me anymore because I ignore him, so I really don't care if he's here or not, but it's like every 2 days we have to hear about how Jerry is the worst thing to happen to Dallas and Parcells was the best etc etc, then Roy Williams the Safety gets brought up, and so does Spears at NT, and the same old spill. I can't figure out if he's more like a spoiled 12 year old, or an angry 55 year old man, everyone is entitled to their opinion but I have no interest in hearing the same arguments and the "I told you guys" crap from someone over and over.

Honestly I think he comes around more to just purposely try and poke and prod and piss people off more so then talk football. He doesn't have to be a homer, there are plenty of fans who see negative aspects mostly and that's cool, but I've never heard anything "fresh" from him probably ever.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Really??? I don't think it's that hard to look around on the internet for Jerry bashers, how is that a fresh opinion?

Fresh opinion is probably the exact opposite of him. I bet we could pull up post from 3 years ago and he would be arguing the exact same points as he is doing now. Besides that, at what point does the guy who always wants to scream from a mountain top at the top of his lungs I WAS RIGHT YOU WERE WRONG HAHAHAHAHAHA COWBOY FANNIES!!111!!!

I give him a chance everytime he makes a new name after getting banned again, I'll try and listen to him, respond and have a normal conversation, then it always resorts to the same ol with him, hardly a fresh opinion to me. He doesn't bother me anymore because I ignore him, so I really don't care if he's here or not, but it's like every 2 days we have to hear about how Jerry is the worst thing to happen to Dallas and Parcells was the best etc etc, then Roy Williams the Safety gets brought up, and so does Spears at NT, and the same old spill.
Can we blame him when the team has failed to address the same major problems and issues for the last 3 years? That should be a red flag to you. How can Rob keep bringing up the same problems for so long? Because they NEVER get fixed.

It's hard when you look at the rebuilding effort and success under non-puppets like Jimmy and Bill and then you look at the success of the team when Jerry has weak-minded coaches

Im honestly tired of sticking up for this team, what have they given us? No playoffs victories in 12 years? Is that a ******* joke? There isn't a whole lot to be excited about.

What a lot of people on here fail to notice is that they get tricked into have super bowl aspirations every year even though we haven't won a playoff game in 12.

I think it's time for all Cowboy fans to start taking the "Ill believe it when I see it approach" instead of riding this hype wave that inevitably ends in a let down year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year. Yep that's 12 of them.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Can we blame him when the team has failed to address the same major problems and issues for the last 3 years? That should be a red flag to you. How can Rob keep bringing up the same problems for so long? Because they NEVER get fixed.

It's hard when you look at the rebuilding effort and success under non-puppets like Jimmy and Bill and then you look at the success of the team when Jerry has weak-minded coaches

Im honestly tired of sticking up for this team, what have they given us? No playoffs victories in 12 years? Is that a ******* joke? There isn't a whole lot to be excited about.

What a lot of people on here fail to notice is that they get tricked into have super bowl aspirations every year even though we haven't won a playoff game in 12.
I think it's time for all Cowboy fans to start taking the "Ill believe it when I see it approach" instead of riding this hype wave that inevitably ends in a let down year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year after year. Yep that's 12 of them.
So when was the last time that someone on here said we were going to win the Super Bowl before the year started? I cant remember anybody. The year we went 13-3, yeah I thought we were going, and we had a legit chance to get there. Our weak minded coaches had a pretty fair draft last year IMO. We will see what happens this year. I'm a hard head so I'm predicting 12-4. Yeah thats goung out on a limb, but its better than saying we could be anywhere from 8-8 to 11-5 . As far as Bob, we'll thats been discussed, so....

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 06:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that there is justification to be upset that the Cowboys haven't won a playoff game in 13 years. Cowboys Nation is probably the largest fan base and so you can imagine how many frustrated fans there are... and their diversity. Some can hate the Boys because of Jerry, because of the players, because of who brought in the players, because of the coaches, because of scouting, scheme, injuries or any damn thing you can think of. No doubt there is plenty of blame to dish out if you wanted to. It's the easy way to justify it all. To sit and back track everything with hindsight 20/20 is not enlightening in any sense of the word.

The frustrating thing about it is that it does nothing to improve the situation. It can be fun to talk about the what ifs. I do it all the time. But at some point, you have to realize, what's done is done. Do I think this year's draft was good? Heck no. I called it the worst since the Julius Jones draft. I think we missed out on guys we could've gotten and the rest of the division took steps to surpass us (and in some cases... leave us in the dust). But the new season is here, I'll be happy if I'm proven wrong. There is reason for new optimism. Initially I called this team a 7-9 to 9-7 team. But I'm not hoping for that. I've since decided to remove all prediction (following Moth's footsteps) and just see where we go.

I guess what I'm saying is that the Cowboys make me pissed and happy at the same damn time. So long as I'm reasonable in my criticism, I feel like I can be honest with myself. If I'm too blinded by hatred or homerism, then I try to catch myself and redirect my opinion. Cause I'm definitely guilty of both from time to time! ha.

I get that not everyone feels the same way. But that's what makes this place a good place for solid conversation. What I really like is throwing my thoughts out there and seeing if it's sensible or not. If so, it's nice to know I'm not too skewed in my brain. If not, I like that I get called out on it.

And after 4+ years posting here, I must say... I WUV U GUYZ. :)
Old 08-15-2009, 06:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Common words of a hurt fan. I understand ya Burns. I'm not ready to "expect" much this season, yet at the same time, I definitely am trying to have some positive optimism. I think of the names on offense and I get excited... Felix, Martellus, Roy, Hurd, Austin, Choice, Barber, Romo, Witten, the starters on the OL.... They get me pumped at the thought of seeing them mature and gel as an offense. Then I do the same with the guys on Defense and I can't help but get energized. Sure, there are positions that have plagued us, but there are also positions that we've secured and that's undeniable. I'm ready to get this party started!!!

When the season falls apart (and 99% chance it will), I will be bummed. But I won't be here saying "I told you so". ...and sometimes I think people try to set themselves up now by saying negative things, just so that they can be right later when things fall apart. To me, that is the easy way out. But I'm like whatevers. If not for the draft to get me excited about the new prospects for our ills, I'd be bummed forever. I guess that's why a bad draft bothers me so much. But there's time to talk about it all and break it down later. There is a time to complain and a time to get psyched. Right now, I'm just trying to get psyched without trying to have overexpectations.

Nothing wrong with your opinion. Let's just hope for the best.
Old 08-15-2009, 07:22 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I always hope for the best...

Even with all my offseason bitching I find myself saying "well maybe this guy will step up, and maybe the defense will finally be what I've been hoping for, and maybe losing all the distractions is exactly what this team needed..."

I'm reaching for things all the time to try and make myself feel better.

But lets be honest, If rob wants to criticize the team, he's got far more ammo to due so than those of you who defend it.

At the end of the year it comes down to results, not who has the best talent or who might be better next year.

We haven't had a positive result to hang our hats on in 12 year. 13-3 doesn't mean anything if you can't win in or past december.

Beyond all of that, I think it's ******** as **** how when D-unit has a disagreement with rob and says something to him, everyone else piles on like a bunch of little kids. It's like finding the kid who isn't popular and exiling him.

A lot of you look like little bitches when you sit quiet and then wait for someone else to break the "criticism" ice before jumping in and doing a 5-on-1 pile on.

Everyone has their own opinions and thats what this forum is for -- so we can express them. But if someone want's to get on here and express criticism 99% of the time, that's fine with me because he's had to sit through 12 years of trash.

Ill say this, being a Magic and Dodger fan has really magnified how ****** the Cowboys are and have been for me. I see 2 of my franchises improving to the point that both have made it to the championship series (NBA finals and NLCS) in their respective sports over the past few years and both of those teams and their fan bases have completely different attitudes than 'Boys fans. We cheer on like zombies every year without realizing that something needs to change.

Im not saying this all falls on Jerry. Just saying we're not a good team and haven't been for awhile, so take off the homer glasses and wake up.

Last edited by Burns336 : 08-15-2009 at 07:25 PM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:45 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...#leavecomments

Sorry, interesting read.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:09 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

OMG he is taking over.

Now with football talk.

Do you think sam hurd is now the clear cut #3?
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 08:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

Even with all my offseason bitching I find myself saying "well maybe this guy will step up, and maybe the defense will finally be what I've been hoping for, and maybe losing all the distractions is exactly what this team needed..."

But lets be honest, If rob wants to criticize the team, he's got far more ammo to due so than those of you who defend it.

At the end of the year it comes down to results, not who has the best talent or who might be better next year.

We haven't had a positive result to hang our hats on in 12 year. 13-3 doesn't mean anything if you can't win in or past december.

Beyond all of that, I think it's ******** as **** how when D-unit has a disagreement with rob and says something to him, everyone else piles on like a bunch of little kids. It's like finding the kid who isn't popular and exiling him.

A lot of you look like little bitches when you sit quiet and then wait for someone else to break the "criticism" ice before jumping in and doing a 5-on-1 pile on.

Everyone has their own opinions and thats what this forum is for -- so we can express them. But if someone want's to get on here and express criticism 99% of the time, that's fine with me because he's had to sit through 12 years of trash.

Ill say this, being a Magic and Dodger fan has really magnified how ****** the Cowboys are and have been for me. I see 2 of my franchises improving to the point that both have made it to the championship series (NBA finals and NLCS) in their respective sports over the past few years and both of those teams and their fan bases have completely different attitudes than 'Boys fans. We cheer on like zombies every year without realizing that something needs to change.

Im not saying this all falls on Jerry. Just saying we're not a good team and haven't been for awhile, so take off the homer glasses and wake up.
I think you got it twisted dude. Everything Bob gets is brought upon by his own doing. Not by me saying anything to him and then guys piling on. Maybe it seemed that way because I responded to his every post, but I know guys here have a mind of their own. I was open to having discussions with him a lot longer than some others. To say they follow me is wrong. Plus, I get called out on my own thoughts/opinions all the time. I'm not here to say stuff only to get smoke puffed up my ass. If Bob or anyone else wants to criticize the moves the team makes, hell, shine in your glory for all I care. But if there is a counter to the point being made, then f'n acknowledge it instead of turning your head and ignoring it.

We have nothing to hang our heads on in over a decade. That's the ****** truth. Undebateable fact of the damn matter. Mistakes were made. Plenty of them. More mistakes are being made. But if you think more mistakes won't be made in the future, then you're setting your own self up for disappointment. Hopefully success is around the corner, that's what optimists think. Most fans are optimist, so it's should be expected that if someone tries to take the team down, then the natural reaction would be to jump to defense. It's not a case of "ganging up" but rather coming to the defense of their team. Heck, and so what if success ISN'T around the corner... then what? Whining like a ***** won't help a damn thing. Not with this team. Not with Jerry Jones cause that old man will GM this team until the day he dies. However, unlike Al Davis, you can already see how he's relinquishing some of the reigns. Stephen Jones handles most of the contracts now. The scouting staff lead by Tom Ciskowski has incredible influence on the draft picks. Jerry is top dog, so he'll still shoulder the blame/credit, but he's one of the best owners in the league. One reason why is because he knows how to delegate the work, while still being the decision maker. One of the best proofs of it is the release of TO. The old Jerry would've stuck with TO, no doubt. He would've ignored what other said and went with his gut. The new one that is starting to be more of an overseer, listens with open ears, takes everything into account and then makes the tough decision. He never wants that decision making to be out of his hands, but now he is more of an open listener. So long as you make the decisions, you get the credit/blame.

...and you all know I blame Jerry for stuff. Blamed him recently for not moving up in the draft. Still makes me sick to this day. ...and I'll cry about it some more. But to ONLY think that he does bad is not being honest with myself. I have to acknowledge that he does some good. Should I expect perfection? I think only an unreasonable fan with unrealistic expectations can expect perfection. I do expect progress and if progress isn't being made, then I do expect changes. But I have to be real and realize that the changes that go on, will not be a change in the damn ownership. I'd be a fool.

And in my honest opinion, Bob is ignored because he disrespected a lot of guys here. I think people can put up with attacks on Jerry, but once you lose people's respect, it's over.

As they say, respect can be lost fast, but it takes a lot longer to build back up.

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-15-2009 at 08:23 PM.
Old 08-15-2009, 08:42 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Who here has been acting like this team is going to win the super bowl? Or make a legit run? Has anyone here at all acted like that? I haven't seen one person. It is ok to get excited about the season, we have been waiting for football for a long time, just because we get excited for football season doesn't mean anyone is drinking the kool-aid or expecting too much.

You make it seem like if your team doesn't win a playoff game then you shouldn't cheer, or be a fan. I'm gonna cheer every year regardless, and I've never acted like Rob, or anyone else couldn't have their negative spin on things. It's what keeps things balanced around here, but there is a BIG difference between Rob and any other poster here, if you haven't seen that by now then It's not worth going into.

I don't disagree with him anymore because i don't read anything he says and haven't for awhile, but sometimes it seems like with you that you take offense to anyone getting excited about a player, or anything remotely close to the team because we haven't done **** in 12 years.

It's obvious to all of us, but if no one here is acting like were waltzing to the super bowl what's the problem? And it's not like we had a franchise QB all those 12 years, we had ALOT of success in the 90's, as well as the 2 decades before that, you can't expect the team to dominate year in and out.

As far as holes on the team, yes we have some, but name me a team who doesn't? The Pats are sorely lacking at LB now, the Ravens have no WR's, Steelers had no RB's last year, we have plenty of talent which Jerry brought in, it's not always his fault when things go wrong with this team.

I'm firmly aware that we may not even win a playoff game this year, does that mean I'm not supposed to get excited when one of the players plays well? I could care less if someone is negative 100% of the time or mr. optimistic as long as we can all bring up fresh issues around here to discuss like adults, Rob has more then a few times, shown he can't have a discussion that way.

Quote:
Old 08-15-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW D, here's your remarks about Scandrick that you and I were discussing a few pages back...:p

I've seen him look lost trying to defend Hawaii's passing attack, so if anyone, maybe it was my remarks that coop was talking about. The value was fine, his numbers are good, but his play on the field is what caused his fall. Let's not be mistaken here... he's a fast guy, but he's got A LOT to learn about being a corner and his instincts suck. I would've preferred to use the pick in another direction.
I wonder how Dallas fans will feel when Jerry starts to believe so much in this year's offseason rehaul of the CB position, that he let's Newman walk away.

Hell I hope Scandrick is good, but let's not get carried away here. He's got a large adjustment curve ahead of him. He's got the raw skills, but that's all I've seen so far. Fact remains... he got TOASTED by Hawaii's pass offense... and he knew they were going to pass. No run guessing involved. He knew they were gonna pass and still had difficulty covering. We're talking about performance against a 6th round draft pick and a WR bunch that all went undrafted. So when he covers WRs in the NFL... I hope he's not thrown into the fire too prematurely.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 08-16-2009, 01:00 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
BTW D, here's your remarks about Scandrick that you and I were discussing a few pages back...:p

I've seen him look lost trying to defend Hawaii's passing attack, so if anyone, maybe it was my remarks that coop was talking about. The value was fine, his numbers are good, but his play on the field is what caused his fall. Let's not be mistaken here... he's a fast guy, but he's got A LOT to learn about being a corner and his instincts suck. I would've preferred to use the pick in another direction.
I wonder how Dallas fans will feel when Jerry starts to believe so much in this year's offseason rehaul of the CB position, that he let's Newman walk away.

Hell I hope Scandrick is good, but let's not get carried away here. He's got a large adjustment curve ahead of him. He's got the raw skills, but that's all I've seen so far. Fact remains... he got TOASTED by Hawaii's pass offense... and he knew they were going to pass. No run guessing involved. He knew they were gonna pass and still had difficulty covering. We're talking about performance against a 6th round draft pick and a WR bunch that all went undrafted. So when he covers WRs in the NFL... I hope he's not thrown into the fire too prematurely.
I'm gladly eating that crow right now. :) He's totally proven me WRONG. Even though Colt did toast him, I shouldn't have made that more than what it was since Colt toasted everyone in the WAC. Actually first time that I knew he was more special than I thought, was when he called that Time Out because nobody was covering an open receiver. Forget who that was. Funny how it wasn't even a spectacular play or anything that opened my eyes, but it was his smarts. Ever since then, I've just fallen in love.

Now that my e-cred has been hit like a mofo, I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. :D

I should've loved him from the start.... His name is "Orlando"!!!! hahaha.

Does this mean, I can't call him "my guy"? :( Fiiiine.

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-16-2009 at 04:03 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:18 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Not with Jerry Jones cause that old man will GM this team until the day he dies. However, unlike Al Davis, you can already see how he's relinquishing some of the reigns. Stephen Jones handles most of the contracts now. The scouting staff lead by Tom Ciskowski has incredible influence on the draft picks. Jerry is top dog, so he'll still shoulder the blame/credit, but he's one of the best owners in the league. One reason why is because he knows how to delegate the work, while still being the decision maker.
Huh?

This small snippet just about says everything.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 08-16-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:30 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's what keeps things balanced around here, but there is a BIG difference between Rob and any other poster here..... I don't disagree with him anymore because i don't read anything he says and haven't for awhile.
So how would you know I am so idiotic or unbalanced or negative?

FWIW, did I not call 12-4 this year? Might want to read. Just saying.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:53 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
OMG he is taking over.

Now with football talk.

Do you think sam hurd is now the clear cut #3?
Good post my man.

I think it's tough to say based on one game. I posted that I like him more, but Austin is a speed threat that most Dallas wideouts aren't. He might get more looks than Hurd due to his ability to stretch the field, but personally I think Hurd is better. I can see Hurd turning into a Crayton type guy who can be a really solid number 3 that can step up to number 2 if need be. Austin is a good threat who can do some things, but I don't see him being more than a third threat. Either way it goes, they both are really good finds.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-photos-2.html

here are the lastest camp pic's. t-new and jenkins look fine in there rehab shot's. i guess it is good precaution but i hate when players are fine and still sit out just cause they're lazy.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:49 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Good post my man.

I think it's tough to say based on one game. I posted that I like him more, but Austin is a speed threat that most Dallas wideouts aren't. He might get more looks than Hurd due to his ability to stretch the field, but personally I think Hurd is better. I can see Hurd turning into a Crayton type guy who can be a really solid number 3 that can step up to number 2 if need be. Austin is a good threat who can do some things, but I don't see him being more than a third threat. Either way it goes, they both are really good finds.
hurd is more like that amani toomer/wes welker type. he is a silent assasin with perfect hands. he isn't slow as malasses but by no means fast either. from what i've seen from miles its the opposite. very explosive but his hands are shaky. i always think to myself will he catch it..
Old 08-16-2009, 09:24 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Sam Hurd a lot, but honestly I think he's the #4 and will get #3 reps during the season, but that spot is Austin's to lose.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:33 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sam Hurd is going to be playing a lot w/ the first unit in the next preseason game, according to Wade. And others suggested he may see even more time there in the 3rd game, to prove his worth as a starter. I've said it before but, I think a healthy Hurd is a better receiver than Crayton right now and he has a much higher upside than Pat. I dont think he or Austin will unseat Crayton but, it's going to be real tough to keep Hurd off of the field this year. I wouldnt be that shocked if he saw more time than Austin, it's not like Austin is anymore proven and some still think Hurd can beat out Crayton this preseason. I really doubt that because, Sherman/Wade have said that's not the case, but atleast it sounds good. haha.

Miles is fast but, Hurd is a better receiver. He's better at every other aspect. And Hurd doesnt look all that slow anymore. Our guys cant cover him in practice and the Raiders sure as hell werent covering him. Even that deep ball, he beat the corner w/ ease. Michael Huff just made an excellent play. If Huff is late, that's an easy TD. Everyone talks about Crayton's route running, but Hurd may actually be the best route runner on the team. He knows how to get open, he's lightning quick out of his breaks. He was very good here before but after his extensive studying of Donald Driver and Terry Glenn's game tape/technique this offseason, he has made some big improvements.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-16-2009 at 09:39 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 09:38 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

I like both Crayton and Hurd's savy and hand's as WR's. they find the soft spots in zones, make the tough catches, etc.

Miles to me might be that classic track speed guy who isn't really good at football. I mean seriously the only time ive ever seen Miles open is on a verticle route. The only things i remember from him are the kick return in the playoffs and the time Romo missed him vs. the Ravens. That's it. He can stretch the field and maybe catch some deep crossers, posts, fade's etc, but in the NFL that only goes so far nowadays.
Old 08-16-2009, 10:25 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm gladly eating that crow right now. :) He's totally proven me WRONG. Even though Colt did toast him, I shouldn't have made that more than what it was since Colt toasted everyone in the WAC. Actually first time that I knew he was more special than I thought, was when he called that Time Out because nobody was covering an open receiver. Forget who that was. Funny how it wasn't even a spectacular play or anything that opened my eyes, but it was his smarts. Ever since then, I've just fallen in love.

Now that my e-cred has been hit like a mofo, I don't know what I'm going to do with my life. :D

I should've loved him from the start.... His name is "Orlando"!!!! hahaha.

Does this mean, I can't call him "my guy"? :( Fiiiine.

I just wanted to be able to say I TOLD YOU SO :D HAHA. I'm gald you were wrong and yes, he can still be "your guy" haha. Dont worry about that E-cred, I hears its very overrated.;)

Old 08-16-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

It still makes me mad Hurd hurt his ankle last pre-season, he was looking very good going into the season so who knows what we had. Austin still has a skillset he doesn't have, and his size and speed are rare on this unit, but he catches everything in sight and is fast enough.

Romo trust him too, I hope he stays healthy so we know what we have, I think he could be another Patty Crayton for us and someone who could put up those type of numbers if thrust into that role...He's not a gamebreaker technically, or someone who can score whenever he touches the ball, but he can sustain a drive for us and that's just as important sometimes.

Let's just pray we don't call anymore reverses for him before September :(

Quote: