Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-16-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I just wanted to be able to say I TOLD YOU SO :D HAHA. I'm gald you were wrong and yes, he can still be "your guy" haha. Dont worry about that E-cred, I hears its very overrated.;)
I'll just start calling you Rob Junior then. 2 peas in a pod. lol.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:34 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy Williams went down, he's having his wrist x-rayed right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Paging Matt Jones...
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 06:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Paging Matt Jones...
Is that a joke? I will puke.
Old 08-16-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

So will I, but think about what a GM who is desperate to win does when he see's his "tall and talented" receiver go down -- he's goes and gets another one...

Jones is a turd but I could definitely see it happening if Roy's injury is significant.
Old 08-16-2009, 07:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
So will I, but think about what a GM who is desperate to win does when he see's his "tall and talented" receiver go down -- he's goes and gets another one...

Jones is a turd but I could definitely see it happening if Roy's injury is significant.
Jerry's not that bad. He can't be. He just CAN'T.

...riiiight?
Old 08-16-2009, 07:36 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Roy's fine, luckily. Day to day with a sprained wrist. Status for Friday is up in the air.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-16-2009, 07:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's not even technically hurt, it was just an x-ray. Besides I don't think missing Roy for a few games would be detrimental. I was going to make a post about the guys who we simply CANNOT afford to lose;

Tony Romo
Flozell Adams
Jay Ratliff
Demarcus Ware

Honestly other then that we'll be fine, of course anything to a good player sucks, but injuries happen, and outside of these guys we could manage.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2009, 07:52 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well he is hurt, it's not serious but, he will be missing practice and potentially the next game. It shouldnt be something that lingers, though.

As for your list...losing one of the starting inside linebackers could be pretty damaging as well. Not as big as losing Ratliff or Ware obviously but, it could get bad if Bobby has to start.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-16-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 08-16-2009, 08:25 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
He's not even technically hurt, it was just an x-ray. Besides I don't think missing Roy for a few games would be detrimental. I was going to make a post about the guys who we simply CANNOT afford to lose;

Tony Romo
Flozell Adams
Jay Ratliff
Demarcus Ware

Honestly other then that we'll be fine, of course anything to a good player sucks, but injuries happen, and outside of these guys we could manage.
Add Terence Newman to that list. If the Nickel CB plays 50% of the snaps, we can't afford to have any of our CB's go down.
Old 08-17-2009, 10:55 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

Tony Romo
Flozell Adams
Jay Ratliff
Demarcus Ware

I would add any of the top 3 corners to that list..
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Add Terence Newman to that list. If the Nickel CB plays 50% of the snaps, we can't afford to have any of our CB's go down.
Oh damn i didn't even see your post, my bad
Old 08-17-2009, 11:32 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I was responding more to D's comment than yours, and I def see what your saying from a technical standpoint. I disagree that its a big deal, as I haven't noticed us getting gashed by ZBSes in the past (any more than traditional m2m schemes) and as such I am not that concerned.

Honestly, I think if anything we should be more worried about Ratliff being pushd around by double teams which--logic says--should have been happening the last two years. The problem there is that hasn't been an issue. More often we've seen the two ILB's getting beat down by guards reaching the second level (which Burns' info from Outsiders confirms) and have had a problem stuffing the run against downhill runners and power running offenses. This happened in the Ravens game last year as well as the 1st game against the Redskins when we couldn't stop either team from running it down our throats late in the game.

And trust me, BBD, Igor will be an upgrade on Canty in the run game. I think you will be disappointed in his play, to be honest, and I would be shocked if he doesn't become a cap casualty within the first 3 years of that contract. The only thing that ever differentiated him from your typical 3-4 DE or 4-3 UT was his ability to flash as a pass rusher. Around here we had visions of him becoming that dynamic big guy who could be a two way force, run and pass. He showed signs from time to time, but never made the leap.

Igor is capable of dominating versus the run--at one time many of this site thought of him as the best run defending 3-4 end in the league--but should be a non entity against the pass. Canty never got to that next level as a run defender, although he was very solid.

Overall, it was a lateral move. But it was an upgrade in the running game for sure. Just watch Canty closely and you'll see what I mean.
yeah, im not sure what to expect from Canty to be honest with you. Right now, Im satisfied with him being a solid run stuffer in the middle for us. If he can provide a pass rush on top of that, then thats just gravy on top for me personally.

i do admit he's overrated, and he probably got too much money, but even then, the 2 DTs we brought in, him and Bernard, are both better than what we had last year, so its still an upgrade as far as im concerned.

the only hope im clinging to is that our dline coach, whom i consider the best in the business, can get his potential out of him. bc the guy is a physical freak at the end of the day. but if not, ill settle for a solid run stuffer.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Martellus Bennett is going to eat your defense. LOL i love him
Old 08-17-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Martellus Bennett is going to eat your defense. LOL i love him
i think we'll be okay honestly. we have 2 guys who can defend the TE this year in Phillips and Boley.

Granted, we'll most likely see a bunch of zones and no man coverage, but we have much more speed in coverage this year compared to last year.
Old 08-17-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

LL, so much for "your guy":( Per DMN

The Cowboys' roster now stands at 77 after cornerback Michael Hawkins was waived this morning.

Hawkins, a Carrollton R.L. Turner product whose wild football history includes a brief stop at the University of Oklahoma and a stint with the Dallas Desperadoes, was signed during the off-season. He bruised his patella during the first week of training camp and has not practiced since, but he was apparently healthy enough to not receive an injury settlement.

Also cut Coleman...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 12:58 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i think we'll be okay honestly. we have 2 guys who can defend the TE this year in Phillips and Boley.

Granted, we'll most likely see a bunch of zones and no man coverage, but we have much more speed in coverage this year compared to last year.
Like we talked about in your thread, you said you thought Boley and Phillips could handle witten/bennett. To be honest if that's the case i think they both had multiple TD's but if your right i'll gladly eat grow.

But i don't think so. You really can't cover bennett. You can't. He would eat boley and phillips for dinner. He can cover witten, but not really bennett. He is more of a freak than vernon davis.

He is going to open a LOT of eyes this season.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

And im not saying the cowboys are better than the giants by any means, in fact i think you are going to run all over us with that o-line and jacobs, but just talking about witten and bennett on phillips and boley.... come on man.

but its your opinion and ill respect it. we'll see. but i think ill be the one saying i told you so..
Old 08-17-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

no doubt bro. we can have different opinions. thats what its all about.

i think we'd have to put Phillips on Bennett to counter his speed. most likely, we'll run bracket coverage on both of them. with our pass rush, I think we have enough capabilities in coverage to at least slow them down.

Im more concerned about defending Felix out of the backfield with both of those guys on the field at the same time. He presents the bigger mismatch.

I think to counter his potential as a checkdown guy in those sets, we'd have to overload blitz which would force him to stay in and block, and that would take his pass catching element out of the equation.

Bellichick employed this strategy against Faulk in the Pat's first SB.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:14 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
no doubt bro. we can have different opinions. thats what its all about.

i think we'd have to put Phillips on Bennett to counter his speed. most likely, we'll run bracket coverage on both of them. with our pass rush, I think we have enough capabilities in coverage to at least slow them down.

Im more concerned about defending Felix out of the backfield with both of those guys on the field at the same time. He presents the bigger mismatch.

I think to counter his potential as a checkdown guy in those sets, we'd have to overload blitz which would force him to stay in and block, and that would take his pass catching element out of the equation.

Bellichick employed this strategy against Faulk in the Pat's first SB.
The cowboys are such an enigma to me, if that makes sense. On paper, AGAIN, they look liek they can be dominant. Roy Williams, Witten, Bennett, Felix, MBIII, Choice, Hurd, Austin, Crayton, and if the o-line stays healthy they should be unstoppable. And now with the vastly improved secondary, speed and coverage wise, they shouldn't be beaten deep anymore. But then comes run defense. Spencer is said to be an upgrade there, same with igor, and ratliff is "making it his focus".... but i really really don't know.

Could be 7-9 could be 12-4.

edit: and one thing that i said before that i think helps us is the loss of amani toomer, i know steve smith is almost liek him, but he is no amani. Amani was the definition of the COWBOY KILLER.

when he left, i heard it on the radio, and i seriously swirved in my car to the other side of the road i got so excited. Im not kidding. I was pumped. haahah
Old 08-17-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
The cowboys are such an enigma to me, if that makes sense. On paper, AGAIN, they look liek they can be dominant. Roy Williams, Witten, Bennett, Felix, MBIII, Choice, Hurd, Austin, Crayton, and if the o-line stays healthy they should be unstoppable. And now with the vastly improved secondary, speed and coverage wise, they shouldn't be beaten deep anymore. But then comes run defense. Spencer is said to be an upgrade there, same with igor, and ratliff is "making it his focus".... but i really really don't know.

Could be 7-9 could be 12-4.

edit: and one thing that i said before that i think helps us is the loss of amani toomer, i know steve smith is almost liek him, but he is no amani. Amani was the definition of the COWBOY KILLER.

when he left, i heard it on the radio, and i seriously swirved in my car to the other side of the road i got so excited. Im not kidding. I was pumped. haahah
DUDE....when Amani didn't sign back I was thrilled. He was as washed up as washed up could be. Losing him was an upgrade. I wanted us to bench him last year.

Plax is a different story. But Amani...i love the guy, but his time was up. It was like playing 10 on 11 on offense with him on the field.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

Well I just remember him killing us for 10 years. If you say he was washed up then fine. Steve smith is going to be the next cowboys killer. I am already dreading it.
Old 08-17-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking at the record for this season, I'm still holding on to my early prediction of 11-5. I'm the last guy to look at teams early for guaranteed wins, but the schedule has some teams that have much more problems than Dallas. Think about the fact that they play the entire AFC West. No disrespect to those guys, but that division is sinking. San Diego has the most talent, but they aren't so unstoppable. The Raiders are the Raiders, and the preseason game doesn't mean they'll do the same in the regular season. In fact, I think the Raiders get stomped big time on Thanksgiving. The Chiefs are rebuilding, so they're looking at a low win season again. The Broncos are self destructing big time. I sadly see alot of things going wrong for them.

The teams I'm really worried about on the schedule are the NFC East(obviously) and NFC South. The East has been well documented here, so not much to talk about there. Just remember that the Cowboys are a hard team for anybody in the East too. The only team with a psychological edge is the Eagles, and I think they're the most overrated team going into the season. The 'Boys will win at least one, and Ware will have some nice highlight reels against Peters.

The South scares me because they have some strong running teams. Even though Newman has always performed great against Steve Smith, the Carolina run game is easily top three in the league. That game could be high scoring if Dallas has some problems defending their run D. A quick guy like Williams could really hurt, but I think the Cowboys O owns the Panthers D. It'll be a good game for sure in week 3. My brother is a huge Carolina fan, so there will be some massive **** talking going on. lol

Atlanta has a serious beast looking offense. Turner, White, and Gonzalez looks like a nightmare. Their line has clicked pretty well since last year, and they are a hurdle themselves. The Falcons D isn't that stellar, but capable of making the crucial stops to give their offense more time to work. The key here will be Matt Ryan's progression. Sure he looked great last year, but remember he's still young. If he gets harassed like I think he can,then he can put the ball back in Romo and crew's hands to control the game. If the line protects Romo like I think they will, he'll carve up Atlanta's younger secondary members.

New Orleans only concerns me for two reasons. Paytons spread offense hurting Bradie and Brooking inside, and the fact that it's a December game. Tampa looks to be a good team, but their QBs don't look like they could handle a serious pass rush. I've been a Luke McCown supporter since Louisiana Tech, but I don't think he can handle Wade's blitzes. Leftwich has a serious arm, but he holds the ball too long. He'll get eaten alive. If Josh Freeman somehow starts then you can go ahead and hand the Cowboys the win. A rookie starting week one against the league's top pass rushing D a season ago.......yeah think about that beating.:D

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Looking at the record for this season, I'm still holding on to my early prediction of 11-5. I'm the last guy to look at teams early for guaranteed wins, but the schedule has some teams that have much more problems than Dallas. Think about the fact that they play the entire AFC West. No disrespect to those guys, but that division is sinking. San Diego has the most talent, but they aren't so unstoppable. The Raiders are the Raiders, and the preseason game doesn't mean they'll do the same in the regular season. In fact, I think the Raiders get stomped big time on Thanksgiving. The Chiefs are rebuilding, so they're looking at a low win season again. The Broncos are self destructing big time. I sadly see alot of things going wrong for them.

The teams I'm really worried about on the schedule are the NFC East(obviously) and NFC South. The East has been well documented here, so not much to talk about there. Just remember that the Cowboys are a hard team for anybody in the East too. The only team with a psychological edge is the Eagles, and I think they're the most overrated team going into the season. The 'Boys will win at least one, and Ware will have some nice highlight reels against Peters.

The South scares me because they have some strong running teams. Even though Newman has always performed great against Steve Smith, the Carolina run game is easily top three in the league. That game could be high scoring if Dallas has some problems defending their run D. A quick guy like Williams could really hurt, but I think the Cowboys O owns the Panthers D. It'll be a good game for sure in week 3. My brother is a huge Carolina fan, so there will be some massive **** talking going on. lol

Atlanta has a serious beast looking offense. Turner, White, and Gonzalez looks like a nightmare. Their line has clicked pretty well since last year, and they are a hurdle themselves. The Falcons D isn't that stellar, but capable of making the crucial stops to give their offense more time to work. The key here will be Matt Ryan's progression. Sure he looked great last year, but remember he's still young. If he gets harassed like I think he can,then he can put the ball back in Romo and crew's hands to control the game. If the line protects Romo like I think they will, he'll carve up Atlanta's younger secondary members.

New Orleans only concerns me for two reasons. Paytons spread offense hurting Bradie and Brooking inside, and the fact that it's a December game. Tampa looks to be a good team, but their QBs don't look like they could handle a serious pass rush. I've been a Luke McCown supporter since Louisiana Tech, but I don't think he can handle Wade's blitzes. Leftwich has a serious arm, but he holds the ball too long. He'll get eaten alive. If Josh Freeman somehow starts then you can go ahead and hand the Cowboys the win. A rookie starting week one against the league's top pass rushing D a season ago.......yeah think about that beating.:D
I still think 11-5 is incredibly optimistic, but I'm not going to argue your optimism. What ever reasons you list now though are/will be irrelevant at this point in time though. There's too many unknowns. Heck, there are unknowns the day before the game! haha. The NFL is so unpredictable that I can't be sold by your logic right now.

But I'd love for us to be 11-5. Post the schedule with your Win/Loss predictions.
Old 08-17-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I still think 11-5 is incredibly optimistic, but I'm not going to argue your optimism. What ever reasons you list now though are/will be irrelevant at this point in time though. There's too many unknowns. Heck, there are unknowns the day before the game! haha. The NFL is so unpredictable that I can't be sold by your logic right now.

But I'd love for us to be 11-5. Post the schedule with your Win/Loss predictions.
Just curious what you think our "unknowns" are? And I don't think 11-5 is "incredibly" optimistic. Optimistic, sure, but again, this is essentially the same team that went 13-3 2 seasons ago. So I don't think that, assuming good health, 11-5 is "incredibly" optimistic.

I'm leaning 11-5 also, assuming we don't have major injury issues.

@Tampa Bay Buccaneers - W - TB has QB issues.

New York Giants - L - This hurts, but I think we lose this one.

Carolina Panthers - L - Strong running team.

@ Denver Broncos - W - New coach and QB issues.

@ Kansas City Chiefs - W - ditto

Atlanta Falcons - W - I think we really get on a roll and beat a good Atl team.

Seattle Seahawks - W - Hasselbeck is really looking old.

@ Philadelphia Eagles - L - Hard place to win.

@ Green Bay Packers - W - We kinda have their number.

Washington Redskins - W - Wash I think will have issues this year.

Oakland Raiders -W - Poor team on Thanksgiving.

@ New York Giants - L - Struggled with this one because I don't think we lose twice to NY.

San Diego Chargers - W - Boys win a really great game.

@ New Orleans Saints - L - Lose a good high scoring game.

@ Washington Redskins - W - see above re Wash.

Philadelphia Eagles - W - I think this game is another win and you're in scenario and the Boys pull it out.

-Douglas MacArthur

Last edited by Macarthur : 08-17-2009 at 02:50 PM.
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote