Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-18-2009, 05:47 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have to be honest. I did come to like the Wade hire because I liked what he did as a DC in San Diego. However, if you all remember, my first choice was Mike Singletary. Remember that silly petition??? haha good times! :D

Wade has done what he's good at... Improving our pass rush. We all knew the San Diego secondary wasn't their strength of that D. Ware has taken another step in his development under Wade. We did have a 13-3 season and won the NFC East Championship. I mean it hasn't been as bad as people make it out to be. A first round bye is as good as a 1st round playoff win imo. A few changes in luck last year and we're in the playoffs. We almost beat the Steelers at the end of the season. So I don't feel this team is terrible under him. I just like him more as a DC.

Yeah, I do remember you asking for Singletary. Turned out to be a decent call. I think he's going to be a good one.

Also, I do think that Wade's been ok. 13-3, even with zero playoff victories, is a very nice season. But "ok" is not what we want here. We want excellence. He will never measure up.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Head Spin: Brandon Marshall in the NFC East
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/show...38#post1760338
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 09:01 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Mike Jenkins and Orlando Scandrick are above average.
When did they prove this?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...ng_legend.html

David Buehler beat DeAngelo Smith in a 50-yard dash.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
When did they prove this?

http://www.mysanantonio.com/sports/c...ng_legend.html

David Buehler beat DeAngelo Smith in a 50-yard dash.
Because they are.

And yeah i saw that. It's hilarious.
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDCB14 View Post
Because they are.
They haven't shown it on the field.
Old 08-19-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
They haven't shown it on the field.
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but they certainly don't suck. They both played very well last season, but all people want to remember is Jenkins pussying out of a tackling Jacobs. If you don't think there at least above average then I suggest you go back and watch a few more Cowboys games.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 12:09 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but they certainly don't suck. They both played very well last season, but all people want to remember is Jenkins pussying out of a tackling Jacobs. If you don't think there at least above average then I suggest you go back and watch a few more Cowboys games.
I never said they suck. To say that they're both above average right now is a stretch.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I never said they suck. To say that they're both above average right now is a stretch.
You're right, they are average for starting NFL corners. We like their upside and think they'll take another step in their progression towards being above average. But they are not there yet.

It's the same with Desean Jackson. He's an average starting NFL WR. Nothing more right now.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You're right, they are average for starting NFL corners. We like their upside and think they'll take another step in their progression towards being above average. But they are not there yet.

It's the same with Desean Jackson. He's an average starting NFL WR. Nothing more right now.
I can't believe we agreed on something.
Old 08-19-2009, 12:41 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, FBO says that Scandrick's Success Rate was top 10 and his YPA was top 20.....would that be considered above average, do you think?

Which is not to say that they should be relied upon to come in and play lights out. Not so. But I think there's a great chance of Scandrick becoming an upper echelon CB this year.

Jenkins...I want to see more. He obviously has the ability, no questions there. But he needs to be consistent and play smarter.

And no, Desean Jackson is not an average WR, either. That's taking the "show me" approach waaaaay too far.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 08-19-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
And no, Desean Jackson is not an average WR, either. That's taking the "show me" approach waaaaay too far.
Pardon my stupidity, but are you saying he's above or below average?
Old 08-19-2009, 01:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

:D This should be interesting. :D
Old 08-19-2009, 01:53 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

Quote:
Pardon my stupidity, but are you saying he's above or below average?
Lol...above. Clearly above.

Sorry, D. No fireworks here.

For now.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 08-19-2009, 04:24 PM    (permalink
xxxxxxxx
Veteran

xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx xxxxxxxx

Scandrick and Jenkins are above average. They are better than the average NFL cornerback, making them above average. Not saying they're great (yet), but they are better than the run of the mill CB, which equates to being above average.

Bingo!
xxxxxxxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

I just picked up Martellus Bennett in my fantasy league, mostly based off of the drooling that you guys have done over him. If he sucks, I'm coming after all of you clowns!
Old 08-19-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Marty B gets about 6-8 TDs this year. I think Witten will have a more substantial amount of catches and yards, but Bennett gets more TDs. Maybe that works for your fantasy team. If not you can sniper the slower members of this board before me. lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2009, 04:45 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I think Marty B gets about 6-8 TDs this year. I think Witten will have a more substantial amount of catches and yards, but Bennett gets more TDs. Maybe that works for your fantasy team. If not you can sniper the slower members of this board before me. lol
Well, I took over in a keeper league for a guy who didn't update his roster for two years, so I think Bennett will be an upgrade over L.J Smith and Alge Crumpler. ;) I'd be ecstatic with 6-8 TDs.
Old 08-19-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

I think (health permitting, obviously) you can book on 40/520/6 for this season from Bennett.

The rec/yrd totals aren't anything great obviously, but I do think he will be a TD scoring animal.

More particularly, he will have two or three amazing games. I think we see something like 7/120/2 from him in a game this year, where he just catches fire and takes over for stretches. But I wouldn't count on him as a regular starter.
Quote:
From what? His leg?
Quote:

DeMarcus Ware
Old 08-19-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The thing that thrills me about Marty B is that he oozes athleticism and he could be so much more in an offense where he was the #1 TE on the team. On this team, he's a luxury who won't get a ton of looks, but when called upon, he has delivered. I'm going to qwell some ethusiam here, but I think it's more likely that he gets 4-6 TDs rather than 6-8. But that's definitely a nice goal for him.

The 2 TE set is awesome and I love how it opens up the running game too.
Old 08-19-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

its almost sad in a way (for everyone except Dallas fans of course) that Bennett is sitting behind Witten and in a way, being held back because the team he's on already has a PB TE.

Put Bennett on a team that could use a starting TE, and he'd destroy it.
Old 08-19-2009, 10:10 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
its almost sad in a way (for everyone except Dallas fans of course) that Bennett is sitting behind Witten and in a way, being held back because the team he's on already has a PB TE.

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't bring up the bad D-line depth.

*continues evil laugh*

Old 08-19-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Patty Crayton got to skip out on the last day of training camp because, his wife gave birth to a baby boy. I'm sure that's going to be one loud mouth kid. haha. Congrats to Patty.

And on a related note...hooray that camp is over and we came out of it clean, with no major injuries. Great news.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

True.

One thing that most folks outside of Dallas may not realize (and this won't help with FF) is that Tellus was a dominating blocker in college, entered the league as an above average blocker as a rookie. He's going to make a huge impact this year not only with his athleticism, but with his blocking as well.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2009, 11:31 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
True.

One thing that most folks outside of Dallas may not realize (and this won't help with FF) is that Tellus was a dominating blocker in college, entered the league as an above average blocker as a rookie. He's going to make a huge impact this year not only with his athleticism, but with his blocking as well.
He'll be a star as long as he can keep his head on straight. The guy has all the talent in the world.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Please don't bring up the bad D-line depth.

*continues evil laugh*
haha! :p
Old 08-20-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

So I did a little research on something I mentioned a couple of days ago. It turns out that the Cowboys will face 10 new defensive coordinators this season. The first five games are against teams with new coordinators as a matter of fact. All of these coordinators aren't wet behind the ears. There's some good experience in these new coordinators like Capers, Meeks, Pendergrast, etc. But this has to help out Garrett, who many feel is the Achilles heel of the Dallas offense. This doesn't mean taht they'll have games against some easy defenses, but it gives an advantage that can be taken care of. While the players on these teams are getting used to the new defenses, pretty much all of the Cowboys have experience in the same offense for multiple seasons. Garrett should really be thinking about this.