Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-12-2006, 02:47 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cowboysforever
Jim Rome said it best when he uses TO's comments about everything being perfect except no one luvs him SO he is still unhappy.

Funny cat that TO. I guess he wanted Parcells to be his dad or something.

Use the cap money for someone younger with bad hands who can still be coached .. one of the ATL guys or Williamson in Minnesota.

This cat is just plain crazy and a horrid team mate. No surprise that not one Offensive player went to his party. No surprise his best friends are alwasy on D or ancillary players.
Wow...I hope your not serious. You want to ditch TO for a young player that has had drop problems? Not to mention give something up for them. If you want Troy Williamson over TO I question your knowledge of the league. But not only that how in the world do you plan on getting Williamson?

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:49 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Any chance Cowboys move around some players in the offseason to get more speed on the field?

Granted we need a FS but how about Henry to FS and get one of the young corners in oppositte Newman?

Or try to trade some LB depth and move Carpenter inside to replace Ayodele and get Burnett in the weakside iwht Ware on the strong side?
This isn't madded. Henry is a physical corner playing above average for a CB. Why would you want to move him. You want Reeves as our number 2 guy.... :shock: not a good way to introduce yourself to the board. But makes me laugh to say the least. I feel like i'm at footballsfuture already.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-12-2006, 02:51 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

At this point i would say no, but then again, look what we did with bradie james? it seems the players are getting further and further in this league by sitting and watching at almost all positions. (referring to d unit question about carpenter)
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 02:54 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Also how about Spears to NT? Hatcher to RDE and Canty to LDE.

Use the Fergie money for something else?
Once again....this isn't madden. Fergie, Tnew and Bradie are the only players on our defense that bring it every week. I understand how you want to replace a vet...but once again this isn't madden. Spears doesn't have the power to play the NT not to mention the size. Hatcher isn't ready to make the move to RDE yet....he doesn't have the strenth to go up against a OT 80 plays a game. Hatcher is our Mark Anderson. He holds value to this team because he can contribute about 20-30 plays a game. Furgy isn't making that much money. Exactly where would you spend it. It's not like we have a big weakness on this team to be filled.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-12-2006, 03:00 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Check it out. It looks fantastic!

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:01 PM    (permalink
Jughead10
The Juggernaut
Legend

Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Jughead10 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul
Sooo... will we be able to watch the Falcs game without a subscription to the NFL network? Or am I just screwed out of this game?
If you live in Dallas they will show it locally.
The problem is, if you live in UTEP, the Valley, and possibly even San Antonio/Austin, you won't be able to get the game without the NFL Network.
Now I'm no geography major, but isn't San Antonio/Austin numerous hours away from Dallas?
I'm not sure what you're getting at, but Austin is 3 1/2, San Antonio something like 6 from Dallas. I live between Austin and San Antonio, and I don't expect to get the game without going to a bar.
I guess it's just a matter of living in Texas. In the northeast or midwest and you live 4-5 hours away you're likely in another state or even region of the country. That would be like me upset that I can't watch Bears games living in Cleveland.
Great analogy with Cleveland . In Philly they don't get the Giants game on local TV when its on NFL Network and that is only 2 hours away. I'm just pissed off that I'm not getting the Rutgers game on local TV when its on NFL Network and I'm 15 minutes away from the campus.
Jughead10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Question of the day.

Will Bobby Carpenter turn into an elite LB worthy of his first round selection?

I thought we'd see more of him with Greg Ellis out, but it seems like he's only getting garbage minutes still.
With our defense continually giving up the big play I find it hard to believe Parcells trusts putting Carp in. When carp is in he plays ok....but he has given up containment atleast 2 times in every game he has played. I still don't understand why he doesn't disengage his blocks early...he has good technique...just seems to wait a half a second to late. Personally I think parcells is content letting him play 10-20 plays on defense and contributing on special teams.

The same gets said for Watkins. I don't think we would be able to find one person who is a cowboys fan that could say they like Keith Davis. I actually can't remember the last pass defense he has had. Makes you wonder...could Watkins really do worse? Personally I don't think so...I just think that parcells has a trust factor and both players haven't allowed him to trust them...thus they sit on the bench.

Next year I see both players making a tremendous impact. It will be interesting to see if we address the FS position early. I still could see tom zibby in the 2nd. But I'm really curious to see what way we go.

An interesting note to think about today. Think about this. With the emergance of Oliver Hoyte as our stud fb....we have went away from the 2TE set a bit. Fasano isn't really playing the h-back position as much. I think a lot of this has to do with Hoyte. Here is my question. I'm not one to dwell on what we could have done *coughrandymosscough* but we could have went Hester in the 2nd. Hatcher/someone else we liked in the 3rd and Anderson in the fourth. I remember JJ saying the wanted to address OL earlier but didn't really have the chance. Maybe a guy like O'Callahan in the third.

Obviously if we look back at the draft a lot of things change. We all know Colston goes in the first round/ect. I'm just saying that this draft looks like a developmental draft. Guys like Carp/Fasano/Hatcher our first three picks are all on the bench more then 50% of the plays because they aren't ready. I don't know if i believe in that strategy.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-12-2006, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Yeah but how many of you guys would have been upset if we took Hester in the 2nd round?

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Old 12-12-2006, 03:31 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Yeah but how many of you guys would have been upset if we took Hester in the 2nd round?
To be honest, there would of been a Parcells shaped hole in the wall at Valley Ranch.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

DAAAAAYYUUUUM!!!! THAT IS ONE BADASS MUTHAFKR!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:34 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:

I know right!

Albert Camus
Old 12-12-2006, 03:36 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
To be honest, there would of been a Parcells shaped hole in the wall at Valley Ranch.
Exactly right. I think some people on this board mentioned that last year around draft time. I believed they were laughed at.

Albert Camus
Old 12-12-2006, 03:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know right!
THE VIDEO SCREEN IS 60 YARDS LONG!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

FRICKIN' AWESOME!!!

"The Cowboys are adding an innovative design element to the Stadium with a one-of-a-kind center-hung video board. It hangs 110-feet above the field from the arches, but here is what will be exciting to fans: It will stretch between the 20 yard lines, meaning the sideline boards will span 60 yards. So the fans sitting in the upper decks will have what amounts to a larger-than life game being played directly in front of them if they choose not to look down at the field, giving them an unprecedented benefit up top.

And this high-tech video experience doesn’t exclude those fans sitting at both ends of the stadium, since there will be two 48-foot wide boards facing them to enhance their game-day experience."
Old 12-12-2006, 03:40 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know right!
Yeah it should look great but I'd like to see some pics of where they are right now.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 03:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Exactly right. I think some people on this board mentioned that last year around draft time. I believed they were laughed at.
Mark Anderson/Devin Hester/Daniel Manning/Chad Jackson/Manny Lawson/Chris Gocong

are all names that people on this board wanted sometime or another. I pushed for the first three pretty hard. D liked Gocong for obvious reasons along with Jackson he liked. Can't exactly remember who wanted Lawson...but that was the majority.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-12-2006, 03:44 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know right!
THE VIDEO SCREEN IS 60 YARDS LONG!!!!!! :shock: :shock:

FRICKIN' AWESOME!!!

"The Cowboys are adding an innovative design element to the Stadium with a one-of-a-kind center-hung video board. It hangs 110-feet above the field from the arches, but here is what will be exciting to fans: It will stretch between the 20 yard lines, meaning the sideline boards will span 60 yards. So the fans sitting in the upper decks will have what amounts to a larger-than life game being played directly in front of them if they choose not to look down at the field, giving them an unprecedented benefit up top.

And this high-tech video experience doesnÂ’t exclude those fans sitting at both ends of the stadium, since there will be two 48-foot wide boards facing them to enhance their game-day experience."
Can someone please explain this part to me:

Amenities and Restrooms

"The stadium features 286 concession points as well as more than 1,600 toilets. Some of the restrooms will be reversible based on the needs of the event. "
Old 12-12-2006, 03:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I'd give up an arm to get one of those suites. :(
Old 12-12-2006, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
F*** that, you can find me in the scrummage with the real cowboy fans.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
In a dusty ole bar in the middle of the nowhere and the women serving bear have mustaches??? Uh... No thank you.
Old 12-12-2006, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Mark Anderson/Devin Hester/Daniel Manning/Chad Jackson/Manny Lawson/Chris Gocong

are all names that people on this board wanted sometime or another. I pushed for the first three pretty hard. D liked Gocong for obvious reasons along with Jackson he liked. Can't exactly remember who wanted Lawson...but that was the majority.
You're right. I remember all of those names. I think the consensus was that everyone liked Hester, but drafting a return man too high would have been a mistake. Hindsight is a beautiful thing!

Albert Camus
Old 12-12-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
In a dusty ole bar in the middle of the nowhere and the women serving bear have mustaches??? Uh... No thank you.
You can serve bears? :shock:
Old 12-12-2006, 03:54 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
HAHAHA... nice visual

Albert Camus
Old 12-12-2006, 04:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
You can serve bears? :shock:
You got me!

Bear piss anyone???
Old 12-12-2006, 04:08 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is the deal with the revisionist theories.

You can't have a good team and expect your rookies to play alot. Most good teams have good players who you change out over time. If you want alot of contribution from your rookies you're going to have to plan on your team being a below average team.

Also, for every guy that is exceeding expectations (Devin Hester) there is a guy doing much worse than expectations (Chad Jackson).

Here are some of the stats of some of the guys that were mentioned beforfe the draft:

Manny Lawson - 39 tackles, 2 sacks --- not exactly ROY the material.
Chad Jackson - 10 catches 131 yards
Even Michael Huff has 54 tackles no INT's, no Passes Defensed.

Sure some guys pan out immediately, some take a while, some start fast and fade in year 2 or 3, some never pan out.

Give it 3 friggen years before everyone says 'we shoulda drafted this guy or that guy'.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2006, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99
Here is the deal with the revisionist theories.

You can't have a good team and expect your rookies to play alot. Most good teams have good players who you change out over time. If you want alot of contribution from your rookies you're going to have to plan on your team being a below average team.

Also, for every guy that is exceeding expectations (Devin Hester) there is a guy doing much worse than expectations (Chad Jackson).

Here are some of the stats of some of the guys that were mentioned beforfe the draft:

Manny Lawson - 39 tackles, 2 sacks --- not exactly ROY the material.
Chad Jackson - 10 catches 131 yards
Even Michael Huff has 54 tackles no INT's, no Passes Defensed.

Sure some guys pan out immediately, some take a while, some start fast and fade in year 2 or 3, some never pan out.

Give it 3 friggen years before everyone says 'we shoulda drafted this guy or that guy'.
I don't think anyone is saying anything of the kind, at least I'm not.

Albert Camus