Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-28-2009, 12:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
What? Hurd got hurt again?!
He has a bruised quad, one of those if it was a real game, he'd play. But he may not play tomorrow, they want to keep him healthy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:28 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He has a bruised quad, one of those if it was a real game, he'd play. But he may not play tomorrow, they want to keep him healthy.
Phew. Thanks for the update. He can't afford to be hurt anymore. He's got to get his career going this year or Jerry will do something to bring in more talent.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 01:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
When I read in the morning ppr that Williams left the practice field screaming in frustration I think I wet myself in disgust.... Wade Phillips saw himself joining the 11-12% of Americans who are unemployed too. Really glad he didnt break it.

Now Hurd gets to go solo against Clements & Dre Bly tomorrow. This emphasizes why Dallas needs a 2nd long ball threat. While Jed York & the 9ers are in town, ask him what they want for the rights to Crabtree as we watch in helpless horror as Jerry Jones pisses away yet another future 1st rd. draft pick.
Yeah Miles is our only deep threat right now. I mean... I think Roy can go deep too, but he's not really a burner... kind of like TO... size, physicality and coordination allow him to catch deep passes moreso than pure speed (not saying they're slow by any means... but you know what I'm saying.).

I think we could address WR in next year's draft. I mean Jerry did want Maclin this year even after acquiring Roy with our 1st and 3rd. Crazy guy. :/

I gotta find my Brandon Tate guy this year. I'm still bummed we didn't get Tate. :( Time for some draft research!!! :D

Last edited by D-Unit : 08-28-2009 at 01:49 PM.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Does anyone else feel sorry for Greg?

hahaha. I don't.
Old 08-28-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

lol At first I was wondering what's so wrong about that gif, and then I saw number 11 and loled.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
I wrote: "Every year, you need to produce starters to stay relative and every year you need to hit a Pro Bowl caliber player to get to the upper levels. It is just simple math with a salary cap system. Jerry has never accomplished this."

You went on two rants and then YOU JUST WENT OUT AND PROVED MY POINT.

Above you showed a team that found over 23 NFL players from 6 drafts (01-06). A few Pro Bowlers too.

In what 6 year period, does Jerrah on his own have anything close to this?????????

You conveniently also forgot FA which is important and was a part of the comment I made -- not just draft.

I do acknowledge however that Jarrah with Parcells or Jimmy had better player personnel skills. On his own he is a mess.

What I'm doing is demonstrating to you that what the Cowboys have done in the draft over the last 6 years (since the arrival of BP) is more than comparable to what the Patriots did during the time they built their dynasty. We have drafted in 6 years as many Pro Bowlers as they have drafted in 9.

You want to talk about Free Agency and trades? We brought in 2 time Pro Bowler Terrel Owens. Two time PBer Leonard Davis. One time Pro Bowler Ken Hamlin. Solid players across the board in Anthony Henry, Ayodele (under Parcells), Jason Ferguson (when healthy very good), Marc Colombo (one of the better RTs in the league)....do I really need to go on?

Not just that, but we WERE talking about the draft, even though you tried to dodge that one. So stop with the revisionist bull ****.

Also, its so funny that you like to list BP as the sole credit worthy part of the equation when he was here, and yet under him we had by far the worst two drafts (04 and 06) of the last 8 years, which include 4 years of BP and 4 years of "Jerrah".

Again, you fail, as always. It's not worth it. You're going back on ignore...until you make up another username, I suppose.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 05:22 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
What I'm doing is demonstrating to you that what the Cowboys have done in the draft over the last 6 years (since the arrival of BP) is more than comparable to what the Patriots did during the time they built their dynasty. We have drafted in 6 years as many Pro Bowlers as they have drafted in 9.

You want to talk about Free Agency and trades? We brought in 2 time Pro Bowler Terrel Owens. Two time PBer Leonard Davis. One time Pro Bowler Ken Hamlin. Solid players across the board in Anthony Henry, Ayodele (under Parcells), Jason Ferguson (when healthy very good), Marc Colombo (one of the better RTs in the league)....do I really need to go on?

Not just that, but we WERE talking about the draft, even though you tried to dodge that one. So stop with the revisionist bull ****.

Also, its so funny that you like to list BP as the sole credit worthy part of the equation when he was here, and yet under him we had by far the worst two drafts (04 and 06) of the last 8 years, which include 4 years of BP and 4 years of "Jerrah".

Again, you fail, as always. It's not worth it. You're going back on ignore...until you make up another username, I suppose.
Dude, put him on ignore already. He doesn't even talk about football. He talks about Jerry's management of the team in and loves to take credit for stating the obvious. You can't have a conversation with a guy who won't acknowledge facts when they are presented to the table.

We're a damn competitive team even now, but you wouldn't guess it if you listened to him talk for 5 minutes.
Old 08-28-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Careful or somebody's big buddy will be coming after you.:p

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

This post is awesome. There have been some real positive things happening in the past 8 years, and I think Jerry gets too much heat. I'll always have a hate in my heart for what happened with Jimmy, but facts are facts. The front office has done a better job than Cowboy fans give them credit for. Just look at the team to see how well they've drafted. You've got guys that are lower picks that are contributing. Do people really think they've gotten lucky finding Romo, Barber, Witten, Crayton, Hurd, Austin, Ratliff, Canty(he was here and productive), Bradie, and guys like Scandrick in the mid to late rounds or FA? Then looking at their first rounders since 02, they've got a decent track record. Roy was a beast before he got lazy, and he made numerous Pro Bowls before then. Newman is a beast now. Ware is a beast that they've been looking for. Felix was electric last year, and Jenkins has shown some good promise. The only first round beefs are Carp and Spencer. Spencer might make good this year, so that's not so bad. Carp might not be what he was expected to be, but if he contributes he's not a lost cause. The team has been good at finding guys in the draft, yet they're taking heat like it's 2001 again.

Last edited by E-Man : 08-28-2009 at 06:42 PM. Reason: typo
Old 08-28-2009, 06:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
This post is awesome. There have been some real positive things happening in the past 8 years, and I think Jerry gets too much heat. I'll always have a hate in my heart for what happened with Jimmy, but facts are facts. The front office has done a better job than Cowboy fans give them credit for. Just look at the team to see how well they've drafted. You've got guys that are lower picks that are contributing. Do people really think they've gotten lucky finding Romo, Barber, Witten, Crayton, Hurd, Austin, Ratliff, Canty(he was here and productive), Bradie, and guys like Scandrick in the mid to late rounds or FA? Then looking at their first rounders since 02, they've got a decent track record. Roy was a beast before he got lazy, and he made numerous Pro Bowls before then. Newman is a beast not. Ware is a beast that they've been looking for. Felix was electric last year, and Jenkins has shown some good promise. The only first round beefs are Carp and Spencer. Spencer might make good this year, so that's not so bad. Carp might not be what he was expected to be, but if he contributes he's not a lost cause. The team has been good at finding guys in the draft, yet they're taking heat like it's 2001 again.
Curious to ask you... where do you think the Cowboys could've improved personnel wise over the last few years. Have you just sat back and loved every minute of it?
Old 08-28-2009, 06:53 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Curious to ask you... where do you think the Cowboys could've improved personnel wise over the last few years. Have you just sat back and loved every minute of it?
I think they can improve on depth, and we all know that. They can also have a little more consistency. It seems that after a really good draft, there follows a average a low draft. 2003 was great, but 2004 was terrible. 2005 was stellar, but 2006 was just meh. You get the drift. :p I think they do have some flaws, and that's why there hasn't been a playoff win. What really urks me is that there hasn't been a focus on guys with heart. Even a great pick up like Ware. He's so great and talented, but I wouldn't mind if he was more of a leader. This years draft annoyed me a little because I wanted some name players that you guys here liked, but seeing all the negativity made me sit back and wonder if we were being too harsh. Plus I HATED the 2005 draft. The only picks I liked were Burnett, Barber, and Canty. I hated going to the 3-4, so I bashed that draft hardcore. I'm glad that made me look like a dumbass. lol

And the biggest urk to me was not firing Wade. Seriously, I would've fired his ass after that debacle in Philly. Him being the coach really bothers me, because he doesn't seem to make the team accountable. The team doesn't have heart, and that goes all the way to the head coach. Who knows what they'll do this year? He might turn things around. Honestly I don't see him taking them to a Super Bowl. I think the next head coach does that. I really hope I eat crow on this, but Wade gives me no hope. Maybe the players get it in gear and change it, but I think Wade is a bystander here.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Oh and for clarification, I'm not saying Ware doesn't have heart. Looking back at that it came out wrong when I typed it. I just wish he was more of a leader. Right now he seems like a great guy on a good defense. I want him to be the catalyst that makes the D want to shut people down. I want him to will the 'Boys into stopping people. The D needs a leader on the field.

Old 08-28-2009, 07:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Oh and for clarification, I'm not saying Ware doesn't have heart. Looking back at that it came out wrong when I typed it. I just wish he was more of a leader. Right now he seems like a great guy on a good defense. I want him to be the catalyst that makes the D want to shut people down. I want him to will the 'Boys into stopping people. The D needs a leader on the field.
I agree. Our D lacks a voice. Has since Bradie James has been a starter. Dat Ngyuen used to be that guy. But even then, we didn't really have a guy like that since Ken Norton I suppose. I still remember the Ray Lewis to Dallas rumors. Oh that would've been something, huh! I think it all starts at MLB when you talk about defensive leadership. Lewis, Urlacher, Bruschi, etc...heck even Jeremiah Trotter when he was with the Eagles... guys like that know how to rally the guys around them. Bradie James had an unbelievably great statistical season last year, but I still don't see him instilling fire into the eyes of those around him. I really thought Zach Thomas was going to do that for us last year, but he decided he was going to just try to "fit in", so it's no surprise now that he failed.

I'm hoping newbie Jason Williams emerges one day. He's chalk full of all kinds of potential.
Old 08-28-2009, 07:38 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Man I was uber excited when the Ray Lewis rumors were going down. I absolutely LOVE watching him play, and I think he would have the D at top 5. There's talent on the D to be superb, but no leader that just instills them to be dominant. Bradie's leadership skills are overrated IMO.

And I miss Dat Nguyen. I loved that guy since A&M. I always root for the shorter guys.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Man I was uber excited when the Ray Lewis rumors were going down. I absolutely LOVE watching him play, and I think he would have the D at top 5. There's talent on the D to be superb, but no leader that just instills them to be dominant. Bradie's leadership skills are overrated IMO.

And I miss Dat Nguyen. I loved that guy since A&M. I always root for the shorter guys.
Well, at least now the outlook looks a little brighter with Jason Williams. I really am very happy and excited to have a player with his measurables and raw talent waiting in the wings. I think his development path will be short. I just don't see him sitting on the bench all that much. After this season he should really start to blossom. If it takes him as long as it took Carp and Spencer to break through, I will be disappointed. I think he can be a real leader. One we haven't had in a long long time. That said... we'll need the right coaching staff that will cultivate him to fruition.
Old 08-28-2009, 08:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Amazing. I can't get over it.

Old 08-28-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As if being the starting QB of the Dallas Cowboys didn't get to Romo's head enough ... ;)
Old 08-28-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I've got to make it to a game this season. I'm still dreading that I never got a chance to see them play at Texas Stadium, and $30 tickets seems too good to pass up. I don't care if the tickets are standing only, it looks like a damn good view. There's no way in hell I'm paying $75 for the parking though. I'll just have someone drop me off for that price. lol

Old 08-28-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I've got to make it to a game this season. I'm still dreading that I never got a chance to see them play at Texas Stadium, and $30 tickets seems too good to pass up. I don't care if the tickets are standing only, it looks like a damn good view. There's no way in hell I'm paying $75 for the parking though. I'll just have someone drop me off for that price. lol
At least I don't have that regret. I'm anxious to one day get to a game here though.
Old 08-28-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
At least I don't have that regret. I'm anxious to one day get to a game here though.
I'll be there next weekend:D It will be to watch my 2nd favorite team though. BOOMER SOONER

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I have no problem with Jerry when he hires good management.

But seriously, Jerry did not accomplish "similar to New England" with his flunkies from 1994 to 2002 and 2007/2008/2009 are still up for debate.

He did "similar to NE" with Bill Parcells and Johnson-.

Quote:
Not every choice he makes is bad. Never said that.

To use a baseball analogy, Jerrah is a .200 hitter with no power and wants to play 1st base.

You simply need more than that at that position.

Repeat for the dense, when surround by competent management, Jerrah is ok by me.

Quote:
No, read my post. I was generic on player personnel.

Don't ascribe positions to others to strengthen your argument. Not cool.

YOU were talking draft and trying to compare to NE.

Lies are not needed to score cheap points.

So....

Quote:
Yeah, Bill made his mistakes but we are considered a talented team because of HIS WORK DRAFTING and HELPING DEVELOP PLAYERS.

Ratliff, Colombo, Gurode, Columbo, MBIII, James, Ware, Newman, Romo, Witten ......... to name a few.

Who has Jerry and Wade developed since 2007?

We'll see if the 2008 class can produce as well as we hope so that way Jerrah can blow his horn some.

Quote:
You really are a disingenuous person and are not honest in any manner in this debate.

You pointed out exactly what I was saying and why I felt JJ-GM is not very good. He gets out of control with personnel and day-to-day player development and coaching. To boot, he hires poor management to implement his plan. Great Owner though when he focuses on that -- like with Parcells and Johnson.

Pretty silly comparative analysis on your part which only proved my point to begin with. You are desperately trying to shout down someone with bad analysis. Speaks poorly to your intellect and temperament. Guess I should not be surprised given the type of offensive PM's you have sent me in the past.

Another "nice guy" who if you don't agree with every syllable has apoplectic fits or if you say anything they don't like goes into attack and insult mode.

Hehhhh.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 08-29-2009 at 01:14 AM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:07 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You can't have a conversation with a guy who won't acknowledge facts when they are presented to the table.
This entire board is like the FEDEX commercial .....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNCrMEOqHpc

Pathetic.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 08-29-2009 at 01:09 AM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 01:51 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Brooking might bring that vocal leadership that we've been lacking this year. He seems like he's cut out of that cloth much more than any guy we've had here since Darren Woodson.

What I want to see is the guy that you can look in his eyes and see that he is the driving force behind his guys and he is focusing the defenses entire combined energy on willing the opposition to be stopped. I've seen that at times from the likes of Joey Porter, Polamolu, Greg Lloyd, RayRay, Ronnie Lott, LT, Deion (interestingly enough), Charles Haley, Strahan, Patrick Swilling and Sam Mills, Carl Mecklenburg, Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, Bob Sanders, Ed Reed, Zach Thomas....these are the players around which great defenses have been built. I think we need a player like that. I wonder if Ware can make that leap
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 02:09 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I think that Brooking might bring that vocal leadership that we've been lacking this year. He seems like he's cut out of that cloth much more than any guy we've had here since Darren Woodson.

What I want to see is the guy that you can look in his eyes and see that he is the driving force behind his guys and he is focusing the defenses entire combined energy on willing the opposition to be stopped. I've seen that at times from the likes of Joey Porter, Polamolu, Greg Lloyd, RayRay, Ronnie Lott, LT, Deion (interestingly enough), Charles Haley, Strahan, Patrick Swilling and Sam Mills, Carl Mecklenburg, Junior Seau, Rodney Harrison, Bob Sanders, Ed Reed, Zach Thomas....these are the players around which great defenses have been built. I think we need a player like that. I wonder if Ware can make that leap
I've read a lot of tidbits here and there and Brooking really does bring a air of leadership and attitude with him. Here's the latest I read...

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcont...120027846.html

After 11 years, Keith Brooking is still scrapping. Two images come to mind during training camp that showed me his fire.

The first came in the game with the Oakland Raiders. As quarterback JaMarcus Russell escaped for a big run against the No. 1 defense, tight end Zach Miller came diving at Brookingís knees, a major no-no in the preseason and regular season because of the player-to-player code. While he didnít make contact, Brooking immediately jumped at Miller, perhaps giving him a subtle head butt that he wasnít taking too kindly to that.
Dallas Cowboys / NFL

The other indicator came in practice. Rookie tight end John Phillips used a subtle push to create separation from Brooking to catch a pass. As Phillips raced up the field, Brooking took off in a full sprint and gave him a pretty hard nudge in the back.

Thatís the type of fight any good defense needs.

Awesome if you ask me. We need scrapers who won't take **** from anyone.
Old 08-29-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Amazing. I can't get over it.

The thing is stunning but so unnecessary. The majority of people dont want to go to the game to watch the game on a giant screen. haha. They say it's so distracting that you cant even keep your eyes on the actual field. I gotta say, that it is amazing how clear that thing is, though.

But, I am worried about our punt returners. Crayton said he lost the ball when the it went underneath that thing. It's all black. Resulting in a muffed punt and then Deangelo Smith muffed one later in the game. gah.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote