Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-31-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Hodge must be a slow healer. I've been looking forward to seeing him on special teams; he is supposed to be a demon there.

Last edited by FinChase : 08-31-2009 at 01:36 PM.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:36 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
We'll see...Eli and his receiving core looked awful yesterday.

Semi-related...but everyone talks about how great the Giants are but, the receiving core is really suspect and they looked bad in their dress rehearsal. That passing game may not be there this year at all. I'm more worried about Philly in the division then them, to be honest.
The Giants passing game struggled last year and everyone is assuming it's going to be okay with 2 rookies being added to the mix.

I think they are going to struggle big time.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jason Williams is down for 4-6 weeks.

So that means...J Williams, Brewster, B Williams, and Mike Hamlin will all miss pretty significant time.

And Mcgee and Hodge are also injured but should be fine by week 1.

Talk about your bad luck with these rooks.

As for Sam Hurd and Roy Williams. Williams will probably practice this week but, wont play the last preseason game more than likely. And Phillips is being real careful with Hurd after rushing him a year ago, resulting in season ending surgery. He'll be good to go week 1 but, he may not practice or play in the this next preseason game.
Man, this is just ridiculous. Are these guys out of shape or is this just coincidence? It's bothering to hear. We're getting nothing out of our draft picks even as counting on them as backups/STs players. Oh well, there is Buehler! Hip hip hooray! :/
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This really is starting to worry me. Of the 12 picks, that leaves half that have suffered some sort of significant injury. And its generally been the good players that have been hurt. I don't think anyone would mind if Smith or Mickens went down, for example.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 04:31 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is good vibes on Free

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...doug-free.html

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 08-31-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Anyone know anything about this kid?

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...illingham.html

I suspect he's just a body for the next couple of weeks. I'm thinking more and more than we will be looking for one of the veteran guys on the street after week one.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 08-31-2009, 05:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I have to say... it looks like he's at the point of turning the corner... IMO, he's still a better fit in a zone blocking scheme, but I'm pleased to hear the positive reports. I've been writing him off for a long time now. If we can salvage something out of him even as a reliable back up, that makes me feel very positive about this season in case we lose Flo for some reason.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:07 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He's been ok. But to say that the Cowboys "aren't really concerned about Flozell" because of him is a HUUUUUUUUGE stretch, imo. Still yet to see the freaky athleticism that everyone was gushing about on these boards during his predraft workouts.

But if Flozell went down you can pretty much call it a season, imo. Only Romo, Flozell and Ratliff simply cannot be lost. That includes Ware and Newman, who both have competent players to step in and help replace what they do.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
He's been ok. But to say that the Cowboys "aren't really concerned about Flozell" because of him is a HUUUUUUUUGE stretch, imo. Still yet to see the freaky athleticism that everyone was gushing about on these boards during his predraft workouts.

But if Flozell went down you can pretty much call it a season, imo. Only Romo, Flozell and Ratliff simply cannot be lost. That includes Ware and Newman, who both have competent players to step in and help replace what they do.
The tough thing is that you never really know until he gets real time versus good competition. He's been in limbo land ever since he's been drafted. If he's not looking good after all these years of development, then something is REALLY wrong. He's still an unknown commodity for me, but at least the news is on the positive side finally.

The reality is that Wade being renewed as HC is a long shot. So if we get a guy like Shanny who will go to a zone blocking scheme... Free could be the answer.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:28 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Man, this is just ridiculous. Are these guys out of shape or is this just coincidence? It's bothering to hear. We're getting nothing out of our draft picks even as counting on them as backups/STs players. Oh well, there is Buehler! Hip hip hooray! :/
Meanwhile, a falling Rey Maualuga and UDFA Chris Hampton are both looking awesome.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 07:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Meanwhile, a falling Rey Maualuga and UDFA Chris Hampton are both looking awesome.
I've decided to move on, even though I love Rey Rey. I just hope Jason Williams gets healthy fast. He's our future at ILB. I believe he can be a star one day.
Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I disagree. Obviously, if you lose your QB, the season is over and probably Ware, but I'm not so sure on the others.

I think Free could do enough with them helping slide protection his way to make it work. Now, if we have multiple injuries on the line, we're in big trouble.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-01-2009, 10:18 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
I have to say... it looks like he's at the point of turning the corner... IMO, he's still a better fit in a zone blocking scheme, but I'm pleased to hear the positive reports. I've been writing him off for a long time now. If we can salvage something out of him even as a reliable back up, that makes me feel very positive about this season in case we lose Flo for some reason.
It really hasn't been that long; this is only Free's 3rd year. If he'd been good enough to come in and start at LT in his rookie year he'd have been a first round pick. I remember reading a couple of times where Bill Parcells said that was the difference between guys at the top of the draft and those drafted lower.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:05 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wasn't able to focus on the game much since it was a friend of mine's birthday, but I tell you the pass protection is looking very good right about now. If they keep this up Romo will carve teams apart week in and week out. I did a little research on a Romo a week ago. He averages 2 passing TDs a game ever since he's started! The down side is that he averages an int every game, and 2 turnovers every game as well. Those stats just confirm what we already know. He gives you stupid turnovers to go with his ridiculous playmaking skills. Hopefully the line can keep the pass rush off of him en route to cutting down those turnovers. He's worked on protecting the ball better, and looking at the schedule there aren't many great pass rushing teams to worry about. Outside of NY and San Diego, most teams the Cowboys play this season lack multiple solid pass rushers. Sure there's some decent ones like Philly and Washington, but I don't think Denver, KC, and Oakland are going to spend alot of time in Dallas' backfield.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 11:58 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

You can definately see the fruits of Romo and Garrett's labor this offseason. He is certainly keeping that ball close to his body and both hands on it. I also like what he said post game about the INT. I think he gets it.

We've been talking a lot about the running game and pushing it hard this season. I'm thinking we will see Garrett run things similar to early 07 and the Cowboys of the 90s.

Those teams came out throwing the ball. Focus on protecting the QB, making the defense rush the passer which as we all know takes a ton of energy. Then in the 2nd half, once the defense has some fatigue, that's when you pound with MBIII and then Felix gets lose.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-01-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Garrett works the running game correctly, the offense could be damn near unstoppable. Not only are there multiple options in the short to mid range passing game to keep defenses on their toes, the RB core could really put a hurting on people to add to that. If Garrett makes use of Witten, Marty B, Felix, Crayton, etc. to keep the defense from putting on heavy pressure, Barber could pound them while Felix burns them while they're winded. The offense has already been good in the past at getting first downs, but this year might be even better than the past few when it comes to that. I look forward to long drives this season, and that could be a huge factor in controlling things come December.

Old 09-01-2009, 07:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We picked Curtis Johnson up off of waivers. nice. He was one of the OLBs I was real interested in last season. Dallas had him in for a visit I believe last year as well. I wouldnt be shocked if we put him on the 53 as an extra OLB. You figure we would have kept 5 if Brandon Williams didnt go down anyway. So, he might just make the team.

edit...well he was an injury waive. hmm.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-01-2009 at 07:05 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2009, 04:20 PM    (permalink
Geo
Neo Geo (Moderator)
Icon

Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Geo is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He has a hamstring injury, but it might not be anything serious. Obviously not if the Cowboys claimed him, I suppose.

I'm a bit bummed the Colts lost him. He's a natural pass-rushing talent and had put on 10-15 lbs. this offseason.

Oh well, best of luck to him.
Old 09-02-2009, 06:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Nah, I was saying he was an injury waiver so, we probably intend to keep him if he's injured. Normally you dont claim injured guys when you need a body or two for the last preseason game. He's probably going to be kept and I love that because, he was one of my guys last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-02-2009, 08:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Nah, I was saying he was an injury waiver so, we probably intend to keep him if he's injured. Normally you dont claim injured guys when you need a body or two for the last preseason game. He's probably going to be kept and I love that because, he was one of my guys last year.
Really? I never heard of him before. So what's his story?
Old 09-02-2009, 08:24 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Really? I never heard of him before. So what's his story?
I cant find my posts but, I was pimping him and Marcus Howard last year. haha. I believe Scott had a scouting report on him and he did attend the East/West Shrine game and combine. Ran a 4.69 40.

Anyway, small school guy. Division II Clark Atlanta. He was a pretty big time recruit but had to go there for one reason or another, I'm not too sure why. Probably academics.

Quote:
Johnson was a consensus All-American and unanimous All-SIAC first-team choice in 2007, adding conference Defensive Player of the Year honors. He switched jersey numbers (from 52 to 1), which was fitting, as he ranked first in the Division II ranks with 13.5 sacks and also with 27 stops behind the line of scrimmage. He led the team and ranked 21st nationally with 112 tackles (69 solos), as he caused and recovered a fumble. He also blocked a kick and deflected six passes while scoring on a two-point conversion.
Quote:
In 21 games at Clark-Atlanta, Johnson started 10 times at right defensive end and 11 times on the left side. He recorded 182 tackles (119 solo) with 18.5 sacks for minus-148 yards and 45 stops for losses totaling 247 yards. He caused 10 fumbles, recovered five others for 144 yards in returns, including three touchdowns and blocked two kicks. He deflected six passes and intercepted another for a one-yard return. He also had three two-point conversions.
http://www.nfl.com/combine/profiles/...e-tab-analysis

A couple of scouting reports, including that one^, were comparing him to Joey Porter and were real high on him. And he did do pretty well in LB drills at the combine. I was a little surprised that he didnt get drafted but, he did play well enough to make the Colts last year as an undrafted FA. He's since added about 20 pounds of muscle to his frame as well so, he's like 6'3 255.

Obviously too good for the players on that level. 113 tackles 13 sacks and 27.5 tackles for loss as a senior defensive end. lol. I'm real happy to have him on board.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-02-2009 at 08:34 PM.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Cool! He definitely "looks the part". Got some huge arms. How bad is his hammy? Will he play this year?

I like him more than Brandon Williams already... just for the fact that we didn't have to use a 4th rounder on him. I wonder who will be the better player down the line...?

Would just fuel my hatred for this draft, if he's better than Williams.
Old 09-02-2009, 08:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

lol.

I just checked the dmn blog and they said he wont play Friday but, I guess he should be good to go by week 1. Whatever the case is, they confirmed that we didnt just pick him up for the hell of it. He'll def. be on the final roster.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-04-2009, 10:59 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Peter King is an idiot!!! I know it goes without saying, but I feel better saying it. He has the Bears going to the Super Bowl against the Pats and losing to them.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Peter King is an idiot!!! I know it goes without saying, but I feel better saying it. He has the Bears going to the Super Bowl against the Pats and losing to them.
HAHAHAHAHA!!!! The Bears? Anything can happen, but what do they have? Their D is good, but not as great as it once was, and their offense is terrible. Forte is the man, but he can't do it all. Cutler needs some guys to throw to, and Hester isn't your ideal guy. Sure anything can happen, but they look like they won't even win their division this year.