Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-05-2009, 09:00 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
hey everyone hows it goin? im new to the forums but have been using the site since the DMW draft.

How did Rudy look last night? i wasnt able to watch the game live, but saw he had some pretty decent stats. I was always a fan of his at ASU, even though his last year was dissappointing.
Welcome to the board. Rudy was solid.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
That is what he said^

The coaching staff also said that Jenkins will start in Tampa and Scandrick will start against the Giants. To start the year.

Again, they wanted Jenkins to win the job, even expected him to. And he got banged up and was outplayed by Scandrick. If money/draft position wasnt a factor...Scandrick would be the starter right now, imo. I still think when healthy, Jenkins is the better talent but, I dont think this was really a fair competition from the beginning.
I don't know why you felt that way even from long before when I was saying it would be a battle for the RCB job you said it wouldn't be, what gives you the impression it wasn't fair?

What else could they have done to make it fair? Both guys started pre-season games, both guys had great camps, and while Scandrick played better last year as a whole Jenkins still flashed a load of potential in coverage situations.

It was a healthy battle from the beginning, as soon as Henry was let go, and they both played great ball all off-season, if someone distances themselves from the other clearly at some point during the season they'll be the full-time starter.

Scandrick will probably still kick down to slot even if he does start games, and it's also an option to let Newman play there as he's done so very well in the past, letting both these guys play outside WR's. We could also let Newman shadow the #1 WR again and he'll dictate where the other guys play, but I've always felt this would be a healthy competition and there was nothing that showed me it wasn't fair for both guys.

Now had Scandrick not started any games, or played against any starters, then yea that's not fair, but I don't think you can say it wasn't fair just because he didn't win the job outright.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Per dc.com, Stephen Hodge is definitely going to IR. No big surprise there, I guess.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
He could actually be a decent return guy with his athleticism but, he likes to run right into piles and he tries to jump over them. I dont know where he picked that junk up. Well, he's not going to be our problem anymore...assuming, Ogletree isnt too banged up, of course.
Isn't it just totally different though when you see Felix with that ball on returns? Felix just has a great feel for KO returns.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FelixTheCat View Post
hey everyone hows it goin? im new to the forums but have been using the site since the DMW draft.

How did Rudy look last night? i wasnt able to watch the game live, but saw he had some pretty decent stats. I was always a fan of his at ASU, even though his last year was dissappointing.
Welcome, welcome! It's always good to have more opinions about the Cowboys here.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 02:59 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I don't know why you felt that way even from long before when I was saying it would be a battle for the RCB job you said it wouldn't be, what gives you the impression it wasn't fair?

What else could they have done to make it fair? Both guys started pre-season games, both guys had great camps, and while Scandrick played better last year as a whole Jenkins still flashed a load of potential in coverage situations.

It was a healthy battle from the beginning, as soon as Henry was let go, and they both played great ball all off-season, if someone distances themselves from the other clearly at some point during the season they'll be the full-time starter.

Scandrick will probably still kick down to slot even if he does start games, and it's also an option to let Newman play there as he's done so very well in the past, letting both these guys play outside WR's. We could also let Newman shadow the #1 WR again and he'll dictate where the other guys play, but I've always felt this would be a healthy competition and there was nothing that showed me it wasn't fair for both guys.

Now had Scandrick not started any games, or played against any starters, then yea that's not fair, but I don't think you can say it wasn't fair just because he didn't win the job outright.
There is no way it was a fair competition. If it was fair, Scandrick would be the starter. Scandrick outperformed him in the preseason and Jenkins is playing injured. This is an obvious attempt to give Jenkins more time, imo. I said they would do everything possible to give Jenkins the job and I think they're doing that. It's the nature of the game when you have a 1st rounder battling agaisnt a later round guy.

I love Jenkins but, he got beat a couple of times and Scandrick has remained steady. That right there should have lead to some distancing between the two if it was fair.

I'm not really complaining because I dont want to see either sit for a long period of time while Newman is still here...but, I do think Scandrick did enough to win the job but, they're not giving it to him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-05-2009 at 03:03 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jesse_Holley_Takes_Punt_For_TD

Click link for anyone that was wanting to watch it

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:32 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think that Scandrick has been slightly better in coverage, but I also believe that Jenkins is more of a threat to intercept the ball and make a big return, and his size allows him to support the run a little better (though not for lack of trying on Scandrick's part).

I think if it was any other team in the league, you wouldn't even hear all these accusations of politics or meddling personnel guys. Jenkins has been legitimately impressive to my eyes this preseason. Most people that are making these ridiculous accusations are simply going off of last year, when Scandrick was miles better than Jenkins, and likely people are seeing visions of Jenkins whiffing on Ward in the Giant game.

The competition is extremely close, and as there is really 3 starting CBs in today's game, I can see the wisdom in refusing to label one of these guys as the "loser" of this competition when both are clearly starting caliber young guys who each have a shot at stardom. The 3rd CB plays as many plays--if not more--than the 2 down LB, the two down DEs in the 3-4 and a lot of specialty pass rushers and NTs. I love the move.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

meh. I'm a Jenkins guy but, I def. think Scandrick outplayed him this preseason. This has nothing to do with last season. Scandrick didnt believe the competition was legit and neither do I. Again, this coming from a Jenkins' guy. Jenkins was a 1st rounder and makes a lot more of the green stuff, he's going to get more chances, naturally. Given that Newman will be around for a quite a while longer yet...the nickel guy will be just that for years, barring injury and I dont think that's the role they want for Mike Jenkins, who was drafted to start sooner than later.

Like I said, though...I dont have a problem going at it w/ 2 "starting" corners but, I have a real hard time believing it was a fair competition.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-05-2009 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Keep an eye on all the corners cut today, we're bound to pick one up.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-05-2009, 06:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Marcus Mccauley was cut today, wouldnt be a bad pickup.

edit...Cuts are in.

Waived:
Travis Bright
Courtney Brown
Rudy Carpenter
Scott Chandler
Julius Crosslin
Marcus Dixon
Tearrius George
Ryan Gibbons
Jeremy Haynes
Jesse Holley
Mike Jefferson
Manuel Johnson
Keon Lattimore (waived/injured)
Mike Mickens
Willie Reid
Derreck Robinson
Asaph Schwapp
Jonas Seawright
DeAngelo Smith
Isaiah Stanback
Matt Stewart
DeAngelo Willingham

Only real surprises are Deangelo Smith cut and Procter and Preston being kept for now. Our roster is down to 52, we'll probably look to add a corner as soon as possible. Marcus Mccauley, Deltha O'Neal, Travis Daniels, Damarcus Faggins are all out there. If they want familiarity, Ogelsby could be had. We also may look safety since, Mike Hamlin is hurt and we only have 3 healthy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-05-2009 at 06:27 PM.
Old 09-05-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very Surprising to see Deangelo Smith going, i could see him getting back on the team if we cut Proctor or if we can't find someone else.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 07:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

We can probably sneak him onto the practice squad, unless some team absoultely loved him in the draft or something. Which is doubtful. Manny Johnson looks like a decent enough PS guy also. I dont even want to hold onto Mickens.

It will be interesting to see if we add to the secondary or inside LB with this open spot. We could just cut someone like Procter/Preston to open up a spot to add to both positions. Beau Bell may be a guy we look at. We were high on him last year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-05-2009, 10:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I laugh at the guys who said all of our draft picks were gonna make the 53 man roster. Especially Quinccyyyyyyy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
Im_a_Romosexual
Pro Bowler

Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Im_a_Romosexual is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This draft seems like it's going to be a disaster, although it's definitely too early to tell. Still like Brandon Williams even after the ACL. Jason Williams, too

The best pick so far is the freakin kicker.

THE KICKER!
Im_a_Romosexual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 11:13 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

The best rookie performance was from Ogletree, an undrafted FA. That cant be a good sign. lol.

I do think we found something in Mike Hamlin, however. And I def. think Jason Williams has it in him to become a very good LB.

Who would have guessed that this class would be destroyed by injuries, though? It really has been crazy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-05-2009 at 11:16 PM.
Old 09-06-2009, 01:48 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Early on I thought DeAngelo Smith would be ok. I even said his skillset was similar to Brandon Meriwheather.... but he looked a step slow on every play.

Mickens is also a ****** player. If you're slow, you should at least be big and physical -- he is neither. Slow and small is a bad combo.

Manny Johnson is a scrub. Maybe a #5 for us after Crayton is gone, but nothing more.

Too early to say anything about the OLB's

Jason Williams doesn't look like a guy who will ever develop into a starter to me. He is pretty short. Could be a fine nickel guy but I'm not as encouraged as I was when we drafted him.

Brewster/Hodge -- Who knows.

Beuhler -- awesome.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

2007 F, 2009 F, 2008 maybe A+
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:14 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brilliant trade by the Patriots.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

parting with guys past their prime for a premium draft pick. who would have thought?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

GB waived Brohm.

This dude was a 2nd round pick! I post this just to remind the haters that everyone has draft hits and misses. Let's not get too worried about some of our picks not making the cut.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Well, someone did love Deangelo Smith after all, he was claimed by the Browns.

And we didnt go with one of the more well known guys out there with our claim...but with former 4th round pick, FS Marvin White. White's not bad as long as he's healthy, though. He was starting with Cincy and playing well until he tore his acl a year ago. He's a real tough guy, could be a special teams ace for us.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-06-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved White coming out. But if Cinncy cut him, Id have doubts about him.
Old 09-06-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I dont question his ST ability still...more so in the defense, which he wont be playing in all that much, barring injury. They feartured him on Hard Knocks a few times, he's still not all that confident since getting injured. It all looks just a little off but, I have hope it will come back to him. He's healthy, he just needs to get that confidence back. He's always played with a high amount of confidence and attitude. He's never been amazing in coverage but, he could still be good for us. As for him getting cut...I know they wanted to get some fresh faces in there and Tom Nelson is a guy that really took everyone by surprise with his performance. We could have done worse, I like White's potential for our ST more so than anything else. He's Keith Davis esque, more of a hitter than a wrap up guy. Our ST could use some fire since all of our rookies who were supposed to help us there are on the shelf.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-06-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Practice Squad:

G Travis Bright
QB Rudy Carpenter
TE Scott Chandler
FB Julius Crosslin
DE Marcus Dixon
WR Jesse Holley
WR Manny Johnson
CB Mike Mickens

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS