Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-09-2009, 06:35 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Cowboys section has so many posts, I'm jealous. Anyways, it's forum mock time (not on here) and the Cowboys are one my teams. There are quite a few directions I was thinking about going with the 14th pick (LT, WR, NT, S) and I just wanted some input on what you guys are thinking is the team's biggest need to address in round 1.

We're doing this with all underclassmen declaring, so I can take some guys that won't be there on draft day. Are there any juniors or redshirt sophomores you would like to have and in what round? Allen Bailey, Deunta Williams? Oh and any suggestions on players to try and trade for would be cool too.

Thanks!
Old 09-09-2009, 08:13 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cicero View Post
The Cowboys section has so many posts, I'm jealous. Anyways, it's forum mock time (not on here) and the Cowboys are one my teams. There are quite a few directions I was thinking about going with the 14th pick (LT, WR, NT, S) and I just wanted some input on what you guys are thinking is the team's biggest need to address in round 1.

We're doing this with all underclassmen declaring, so I can take some guys that won't be there on draft day. Are there any juniors or redshirt sophomores you would like to have and in what round? Allen Bailey, Deunta Williams? Oh and any suggestions on players to try and trade for would be cool too.

Thanks!
Trent Williams FTW.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 08:32 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Cicero is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Trent Williams FTW.
I'm not sure if listing the initials of other sites fly here so I'll just say that both the analysts on the site have Williams and Okung going in the top 10 in their mocks so I don't think he's going to make it that far. If he was available at my pick that's who I was thinking of going with though.
Old 09-09-2009, 09:07 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm not sure if listing the initials of other sites fly here so I'll just say that both the analysts on the site have Williams and Okung going in the top 10 in their mocks so I don't think he's going to make it that far. If he was available at my pick that's who I was thinking of going with though.
The thing we need most is a left tackle who can start from day one if needed. Flozell's career is a ticking time bomb, and there is no reason to believe the young tackles on the team are ready. The only way I can possibly see around this is if Davis is moved back to his original LT spot, and we plug a much cheaper hole at guard. Obviously, there would be questions about his abilities at LT given his track record at Arizona. I think given his happiness to be here, and his total disenchantment while in Arizona would bring a lot of consistency to his game that he previously lacked. Obviously just a theory, and in my dream world we never see this play out.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would love a LT myself as well. Some people here think Free is the future answer, but I still hesitate to have confidence in him. If he can be nothing but a quality back up, then I'm totally happy with that. But to be the main protector of Romo's backside... that's an unnerving thought.

That said, Jerry still hasn't... to this day drafted an OL in Round 1. As much as I don't want to say history will predict his future moves, I think I have to until he shows otherwise.

And I don't know what's up with giving Flozell a 6 year extension last season. 3 year... fine. But 6?! I'm confused by it. He's already 34. I wonder what the cap implications are if we cut him before his contract ends. I know we're NOT gonna pay a 39 year old to play LT for us. ha.

Jerry does seem comfortable using 2nd rounders on OL though. He wanted Unger this year. So maybe another versatile lineman in Round 2?

In Round 1... either DL, WR, S would be my guess.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:28 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

In the NFL, most deals are really 3 or 4 year deals disguised as longer ones for the sake of spreading the signing bonus out over a longer term. From the breakdown I remember when I first saw it, I think the deal is intended to be a 3 year, expiring when he is 35 years old.

In other words, after the 2010 season he would either be cut or have to renegotiate his deal. Don't have a link to prove it though, so take it fwiw.

As for the forum mock, I like the Buluga (sp?) pick from Iowa that D riffed on in the draft thread. Its early, but he seems promising. If there is a true NT prospect worthy of the pick, I would love to go that route, too.

For me, there is no question. We have to go either OL or DL with our top pick next year, unless somehow we end up with a top 5-7 pick and have a shot at either Berry or Mays or a similar can't miss prospect at another position. But OT or NT has got to be the route we choose to go....and thus most likely will not be the one we end up going, :S
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 02:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
In the NFL, most deals are really 3 or 4 year deals disguised as longer ones for the sake of spreading the signing bonus out over a longer term. From the breakdown I remember when I first saw it, I think the deal is intended to be a 3 year, expiring when he is 35 years old.

In other words, after the 2010 season he would either be cut or have to renegotiate his deal. Don't have a link to prove it though, so take it fwiw.

As for the forum mock, I like the Buluga (sp?) pick from Iowa that D riffed on in the draft thread. Its early, but he seems promising. If there is a true NT prospect worthy of the pick, I would love to go that route, too.

For me, there is no question. We have to go either OL or DL with our top pick next year, unless somehow we end up with a top 5-7 pick and have a shot at either Berry or Mays or a similar can't miss prospect at another position. But OT or NT has got to be the route we choose to go....and thus most likely will not be the one we end up going, :S
Ain't that the MF truth? Scott has us taking a WR. We wanted Maclin. Unless one of our guys like Hurd, Austin or Ogletree really step up, then I just have a hunch Jerry will want a bling bling player like a WR. They are easy to like, but I do believe OT or NT is more important.

Does anyone know how Anthony Davis from Rutgers looked last week? He and Bulaga are the 2 that top my wish list. I've kind of fallen away from the Trent Williams bandwagon.
Old 09-10-2009, 10:09 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
....Jerry does seem comfortable using 2nd rounders on OL though. He wanted Unger this year.
Why we think he is comfortable drafting an OL any earlier than third round is beyond me.

The names of guys last few drafts we wanted is long. Blaylock, Robinson, Loadholt, Grubbs .... a few and we always managed to pass.

Unger by the way could have been had if we had an conviction and moved up. He is doing really nicely in Seattle.

FWIW, I think the best value for OL is in the second going Guard or Center. You get first round talent b/c teams hating spending such early picks on these types of guys .....
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 10:35 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I would love a LT myself as well. Some people here think Free is the future answer, but I still hesitate to have confidence in him. If he can be nothing but a quality back up, then I'm totally happy with that. But to be the main protector of Romo's backside... that's an unnerving thought.

That said, Jerry still hasn't... to this day drafted an OL in Round 1. As much as I don't want to say history will predict his future moves, I think I have to until he shows otherwise.

And I don't know what's up with giving Flozell a 6 year extension last season. 3 year... fine. But 6?! I'm confused by it. He's already 34. I wonder what the cap implications are if we cut him before his contract ends. I know we're NOT gonna pay a 39 year old to play LT for us. ha.

Jerry does seem comfortable using 2nd rounders on OL though. He wanted Unger this year. So maybe another versatile lineman in Round 2?

In Round 1... either DL, WR, S would be my guess.
I think Free is a guy that is now a solid backup, but I do think we need to upgrade that position in the off season. I think we would be suspect if Free had to start 16+ games.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Oh look at the old cuddly bear talk all tough. Ain't it cute? :p

"I'm the head coach of the Dallas Cowboys. That is still pretty exciting. Yeah, they may take it away from me one of these days but if they do I'm going to go down fighting. I'm going to do the things I think helps this team win. That is all I have ever done."

—Cowboys coach Wade Phillips on his make or break season.
Old 09-12-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think Free is a guy that is now a solid backup, but I do think we need to upgrade that position in the off season. I think we would be suspect if Free had to start 16+ games.
I just don't know when we'll find one, unless we bomb and a guy like Michael Oher is there in the early 20's, typically they go pretty fast. So unless we make a trade to move around, we have to reach for a guy to develop, unless someone thinks Flo has 2 years left which I don't.

I don't know how strong the class is yet, but it was my priority last draft so obviously it's still there for me. I too see Free as just a good back-up to have, but I don't think he's the future and I doubt I'd change my tune on that unless he was forced to play and did well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good lord I can't wait until tomorrow morning! I went to Charlotte, and I met some fellow Cowboy fans there. Turns out that we're everywhere! Just going to a sports bar and saying I'm from Dallas brought the Cowboy fans out of the wood work. 2009 is here baby!

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 03:50 PM    (permalink
Cicero
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Trent Williams FTW.
I guess I spoke too soon as long as Phins don't take him. Okung and Bulaga are gone but it looks like I'll get Williams.
Old 09-14-2009, 02:37 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I guess I spoke too soon as long as Phins don't take him. Okung and Bulaga are gone but it looks like I'll get Williams.
Anthony Davis FTW!
Old 09-14-2009, 12:30 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Talking points coming out of the Tampa Bay game:

1) Run defense? Is this a sign of things to come or a blip on the radar? Hard to think its too much of an issue with personnel, as this same group of guys took the vaunted Giants run O of 2008 and stuffed them all game long just 8 months ago. Still, 100 yards in a half is hard to stomach.

2) Should we be worried about our pass rush? We got quite a bit of pressure on Leftwich and hit him repeatedly, but never got home.

3) What's up with the RB platoon? Maybe it's just me, but I don't ever want to see Tashard on the field when Felix could be in there. But more than that, on 3rd down Felix is perhaps our most dangerous weapon. Why the **** did we see Tashard in most of those situations?

4) I mostly liked what I saw from our OL and protection schemes. The Bucs brought a lot of different stuff at us and we handled it well. This was an aggressive defense that tried to cause some big TOs and sacks with their scheme. We made them pay for that. Is this something we can count on? Few people realize just how bad our OL play was at times last year.

5) I know some will say that our secondary was exploited. I disagree. Leftwich threw the ball 41 times. He averaged less than 7 YPA, which is sort of the equivalent to the 4 YPC mark for running backs. It's the standard that you have to meet to be considered a quality player at the position. We held him (slightly) under it. I thought both Scandrick and Jenkins did pretty well, for the most part. If people think otherwise, can we get specific examples of mistakes they made?
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worrying about the RB rotation yet. We only had some 50 plays, which is an incredibly low number.

As for the secondary. Our zones were extremely soft...most of the opposing receptions were wide open grabs. The middle of the field was there all day...deep middle. Newman looked completely average on several occassions...he was getting beat by Michael Clayton and a banged up Bryant. It wasnt his best game. And how he let Clayton beat him deep, I will never know. That was a great ball by Leftwich, though. Jenkins was up and down. He did grab a should have been INT and knocked down another but, he kept thinking he had more help when there was none there. He was beat on several occassions yesterday. I dont think he knows the playbook all that well, to be honest. Or atleast, he's not clear on his assignments yet. And getting beat by Bryant, on a should have been TD at the end of a half...that is a huge no-no. His only job was to keep Bryant from getting behind him. That was a poor effort. The ability is there, that is for sure but, his football IQ seems to be behind his athletic ability right now and it's hurting him.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-14-2009 at 12:42 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys notice all the times we split Barber out wide? On several occassions Bennett was one of the receivers at the same time. I'd love to get some conventional 4 wide sets implimented as well, with our top 4 receivers or even some more empty backfield stuff.

On another note...Hurd didnt get a lot of action. :( It's not like we needed him, but I think he only went out on two passing attempts and was just in there to block for the rest of his plays.

And John Phillips played more than I thought he would. Could have been humidity related, though. I dont recall in what formations he was in there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-14-2009 at 12:57 PM.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Good game yesterday. I'll take a win away from home in any fashion. Thanks for all the comments guys. Helps a guy like me who didn't have coverage of the game to look at things from an outsider's view. So after reading some of your thoughts, here's what I think.

Scary thing for our opponents is that our offense is still figuring things out. I don't think we've show much of the playbook yet either. I knew Romo would have his best statistical season of his career, but I didn't expect him to throw for the most yards in his career in the first game of the season. Awesome! This must really hurt the ego of one... Mr. Bob *cough cough*. haha.

I was disappointed in our usage of Felix. I thought he should've been given more opportunities. But I'm sure as the season progresses that that will happen. I didn't see the game, so I don't know if Choice really stole that much away from Felix like DWM said... but the stat sheet breaks it down with Barber 14 carries, Felix 6 and Choice 2. 2 carries doesn't necessarily scream much to me. Especially when he got 10 yards out of it. However, I'm still very satisfied with our RBs performance.

As was the case with Felix, I feel the same for Bennett. He should get more than 1 catch in a game on average. As the season progresses, he should become more integral in our offense. That's what makes me happy about coming away with a win in game 1. Our offense is still feeling things out. Happy to see Crayton show flashes of his pre-injury speed. Austin keeps earning his keep. Hurd has always been a great blocker, but unless he starts to make game impact, he's gonna keep battling Bobby Carpenter for the Mr. Preason Title. Nice to see Witten was glue.... Oh and don't let me forget Roy who put up #1 WR numbers. ;)

All in all, our offense seemed to win this game for us despite a difficult first half. Guess what? Nobody is yelling to take Jason Garrett's head off! Had a good feeling about him this year. Will he become everyone's hero??? Not yet... but I predicted it before the season started! ;)

Kicking game... sounded like it's better than we've ever had. If we have to keep all 3 to have it, so be it! Love Buehler, just love him! 3 downs in the end zone? Sweet. One thing still concerns me though. Tampa returned it 4 other times for an average of 25 yards with a long of 36. Not pinning this on the kicker either, so that tells me that our coverage unit on STs still has some work to do and we can't just rely on a down in the endzone.

Defensively... man, Leftwich threw 41 passes! Who would've guessed that was the game plan? It probably wasn't, so kudos to our offense again for making them play catch up. Our preseason worries have reared their ugly head... Run Defense, Inability to create TOs.... ouch! The truth hurts. But what's more worrisome is that our bread and butter last year (Sacks) show up as a big ugly ZERO on the stat sheet. We can't have that. Especially against a slow lumbering QB with a long delivery who throws the ball 41 times!!! This falls on Wade's shoulders right here. Season is early, but hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come or else he could be excused. Surprise of the day goes to Keith Brooking. If not for him I think our run D would've been worse. Nice to see a guy step up vocally to be a leader and then show up on the field. That's how it's done Zach *cough* Thomas *cough cough*.
Old 09-14-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

What is this about???

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...=tsn&type=lgns
Old 09-14-2009, 01:40 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

-The run D scares the flying bejesus out of me. It's really not just the run D, but the ability of the middle backers to flow to the ball when the gaps are open. Like last year I saw some plays to where the D-line got some good penetration, but no one was there to fill that hole. Bradie's just not that good at reacting to the ball. They need someone that can flow there. He's good when you send him blitzing, but he has some problems recognizing things. Brooking just looked slow. Carp looked like he can get to the ball, but I think many will remember him getting plowed by Cadillac on that TD. Overall though he didn't do too bad.

-Spencer looked good, but he needs to be quicker to get those sacks. The pass rush looked like it could beast it up again if they learn how to finish. I'm not too worried in them. They'll eventually get it in a few weeks. It's better that they almost got sacks in mass than them not getting close to Byron at all.

-I think M.O.T.H. is on to something with the zones. The CBs and mid backers were really the problems. Sensabaugh looked pretty good, and Hamlin didn't mess up much. I think Wade needs to lay off the soft zones., Carp needs to play in all passing situations, and that Jenkins needs to get himself together. He's got a ton of talent that's saving him now, but he's looking lost. He can be an All-Pro if he gets his head straight. Scandrick right now seems to be better, and I think he'll show it next week.

-The offense will make people their ***** all season. There's almost nothing to be down on outside of Romo being off on his throws early. He fixed taht at the half, so there's not much to ***** about with him. He didn't make any dumb decisions outside of one to where the ball sailed on him and almost led to a pick. Witten was wide open on that play, and Tony was getting rushed so it was no biggie.

-I love seeing Witten and Martellus split out wide. Looking at the division, Marty B is going to make some corners **** their pants. I can see him manhandling Ross, Brown, Hall, and Samuel to give those D's fits. There are just too many weapons in the O. I expect many games like yesterday this season. It took them some time to get acclimated, but after that they looked stellar.

-The scary thing about the run game is that it could've been much better if it was necessary. Not many times did they need to go there, but you could tell that there's some serious groundwork there. Barber could've easily had a 100+ yard game if the situation called for it. Felix only got the ball on some obvious occasions, and I hope Garrett works on getting him the ball more. He's too electric to not be used alot.

-The O-line looked great. Not many times did the Bucs get close to Tony, and they opened up some real good holes in the run game when it was needed. NY will test them like crazy next week, but I have faith that they can overcome.

All in all, the D looked terrible while the O looked stellar. DMW brings up a good point on how they shut the Giants run D down last year, and it makes me wonder if it's just an aberration. Either way they have some problems over there to fix. The offense will give them the ability to "work on it," because I don't see many defenses stopping the Cowboys this year. Romo is about to make some idiots look foolish this year. All that bitching about losing T.O. is going to get quiet real soon.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Again though, we only had 52 plays so, Bennett and Felix not having amazing production, isnt really shocking. That is a very low number. We scored quickly and were on defense most of the game.

As for Hurd...he cant be an impact player if he isnt given that chance. I was hoping he would be splitting with Miles but, Miles got a lot more play than he did. Again this could be a factor of the limited number of plays. We'll just have to wait and see.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-14-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Nothing. He hurt it early in the 3rd quarter and got it taped up and looked fine the rest of the game. I'd be shocked if it was anything serious...he should be fine. He wasnt worried about it at all and it didnt have an effect on his play.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-14-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Another thing I'd like to point out. Bobby Carpenter, just like he was in the preseason, is doing more pass rushing in nickel situations than covering, it looks like. Pretty interesting but, it hasnt worked all that well thus far. Including the preseason.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 09-14-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just glad that Romo was able to find a way to throw a wet ball. Some folks on here questioned his ability in the rain. Must have worked hard on that during the off season.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I'm just glad that Romo was able to find a way to throw a wet ball. Some folks on here questioned his ability in the rain. Must have worked hard on that during the off season.
I don't think the rain came when dallas was on the field for offense. It hit quick right at the start of the half but I don't think our offense experienced the wet conditions.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote