Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-23-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyboy View Post
he was hurried on some, but not all. that's true, he was pretty awful. And I know you ran plenty of draws, but you should've ran MORE. Your run game was murdering us, and at times you got away from it. Specifically I was talking aboutFelix, I coulda sworn I posted draws to felix, but oh well, my bad there.

Well, I certainly agree that we should have run more. At the point Romo threw that last one, we were on the verge of imposing our will and going up 11. Garrett got cute and it cost us.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:35 AM    (permalink
scottyboy
Coolio Cat
Legend

scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.scottyboy is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Well, I certainly agree that we should have run more. At the point Romo threw that last one, we were on the verge of imposing our will and going up 11. Garrett got cute and it cost us.
I was talking to my roomie and cowboys fan, he says he wants a disasterous season in dallas if they fall to 1-4 or so because he wants Wade and Garret outta there. I like your team if you continue to go with the ground game and 2 TE sets. they can be deadly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by PalmerToCJ View Post
BTW, if it's 3rd and 97... I'm throwing a screen pass to Brian Leonard and he will convert.
scottyboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Garrett is very bright and I think he's actually extremely talented at designing an offense and matchups. Where I think he get's off track is during a game, he sometimes gets too aggressive. That stituation I referenced is a perfect example. He was going for the jugular, which I love in some sense, but you also have to be smart.

The 2 TEs will definately be a staple. It just creates so many mismatches. He did several different things Sunday that he didn't do against TB and I suspect he will add new wrinkles this week. Again, that's one of his strengths is getting mismatches that favor the offense. If you remember, we used the 2 TEs sets in TB to set up the throw. With you guys, you were keeping the safeties deep so we used the set to run. It's just really hard to defend.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-23-2009, 12:19 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

*26th in points allowed per game (26.5)
*30th in yards allowed per game (438.5)
*30th in passing yards allowed (303.0)
*24th in rushing yards allowed (135.5)

That is our dallas cowboys defense. That sad thing is we are the only team in the league without a sack and we have 0 turnovers. Talk about a huge problem.

BTW Ken Hamlin has been garbage.

I can't wait till draft day when we can potentially land a stud at the position.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:26 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post

That is our dallas cowboys defense. That sad thing is we are the only team in the league without a sack and we have 0 turnovers. Talk about a huge problem.

BTW Ken Hamlin has been garbage.

I can't wait till draft day when we can potentially land a stud at the position.
You're right. With all the discussion about Romo, I'm not worried about the offense. This team will go only as far as the defense takes it.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-23-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Scotty, you need to learn the difference between a tackle riding his man past the pocket and a rusher beating his man around the corner. Very rarely does internal pressure flush the QB out of the back end of the pocket. On the vast majority of edge rushes, the pass rusher has to actually get the edge on the tackle in order to establish an angle that allows him to "turn the corner" rather than be ridden past it. Osi was not turning the corner on Flozell at all during that game. That is classified as a win--in quite convincing fashion--for the tackle. And its nothing new. Flozell has been taking Osi's lunch money for years.

Also...as much as I would hate to throw a year away, I think this would be a great year to have a bottom 5 finish. We need a guy like Eric Berry in order to take this defense where it needs to go. If we got that guy....wow. But it would take throwing an entire year away, and I could never wish somethingl like that to happen. But if I have to choose between a 9-7 finish and a 3-13 one, I'll take the 3-13 one all day long. That way we can finally get rid of Wade and make some much needed changes.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think you guys are failing to recognize that by Garrett mixing up the playcalling that the pass actually opened up the run. A bunch of our runs were out of draw plays for crying out loud. Just wanted to make the point.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Also...as much as I would hate to throw a year away, I think this would be a great year to have a bottom 5 finish. We need a guy like Eric Berry in order to take this defense where it needs to go. If we got that guy....wow. But it would take throwing an entire year away, and I could never wish somethingl like that to happen. But if I have to choose between a 9-7 finish and a 3-13 one, I'll take the 3-13 one all day long. That way we can finally get rid of Wade and make some much needed changes.
You too??? Man... c'mon DMW. We're 1-1 and we barely lost to the Giants. No reason to give up now. The last thing I want is a team of quitters because that tells me we are waaaaaay farther behind the competition. "You play to win the game." ;)

To throw the season to get a high pick is blasphemy. Berry is good, but not THAT good. You guys wouldn't even realize if the season was thrown away. If we went 3-13, you'd say that's how good we were.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:09 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

That is our dallas cowboys [fixed it for you --->]team defense. That sad thing is we are the only team in the league without a sack and we have 0 turnovers. Talk about a huge problem.
I interpret that to mean that Dallas has a team full of Pro Bowl quality individual players with talent out the wazoo on paper but seriously lacking team cohesion. I realize it isn't the 1st time you have all heard this, but damn! Just no team defense here. Talk about a huge problem. Sooner than later the critics will point to the coaching staff on defense about this, that will get coaches fired long before the team dumps Scandrick, Carpenter, Wade Phillips' handpicked personal buddy replacement for Zach Thomas, Keith Brooking, etc.

I know the ball bounced against Dallas on the flukish bounceup from Witten's heel, that's just plain old bad luck for the Cowboys, you have to think that kind of luck will even out as season goes on.

Note that teams on the minus side of the turnover ratio rarely see the playoffs, & that has been Dallas' problem in a nutshell.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Nobody misses Parcells more than Romo as he was able to keep a pretty tight leash on him and he would actually get reprimanded for turnovers. Before he retired/quit on us Bill gave Tony a list of things he had to do to be successful long term and not just be a flash in the pan. The most important instructions on that list were I don't want/need a celebrity QB, protect the ball in the pocket from strip sacks and don't just throw the ball up for grabs indiscriminately. Not surprisingly, without Bill in his ear Tony has ignored or broken the QB commandments.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Gotta stop the panic. We can build off this. If we can have that kind of consistency in our run defense, the rest will come into shape. This is not for lack of talent boys.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

No, you're right. This team has enough defensive talent to be a good defense. And I think they will get things lined out and improve.

I don't think they can be elite, but really, all we need is for the defense to be above average and we'll be fine.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-23-2009, 01:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
No, you're right. This team has enough defensive talent to be a good defense. And I think they will get things lined out and improve.

I don't think they can be elite, but really, all we need is for the defense to be above average and we'll be fine.
We're not talking about a defense who's been together for a long time playing with each other. Sensy replaced Davis. Pacman used to start and now it's split between Jenkins/Scandrick. Brooking in the middle next to Bradie. Ellis is gone with Spencer now starting. Igor is new as well as Siavii who got some playing time. And even on the bench... we've got new faces. Butler and Octavien replace Rogers and Polk and on and on...

The season is too young for people to be jumping ship. Sheesh.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Who's jumping ship? I was never really aboard from the start.
Old 09-23-2009, 01:49 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not jumping ship either...however week 3 is when you can evaluate a team defense from a stat perspective and get an outlook on the season. I read that in ESPN magazine when evaluation fantasy defenses. So from the metrics...we have a ton of work to do to be a supposed top 5 defense like most of us here thought we would be.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 01:57 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

With NFL.com ranking the Giants at number 1, I wonder how the 'Boys would be ranked if they ended up winning that game. Would people just say, "Oh well they got lucky, and it'll cost them eventually," or would they hail the Cowboys as the number one ranked team. Philly is ranked number 10 after getting blown out at home somehow, and that matters more than the Cowboys losing. It's so funny that beating the Cowboys means alot, but when the Cowboys win it's nothing.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
Who's jumping ship? I was never really aboard from the start.
HAhahhahaa. Nice. That made me laugh. Way to be truthful. I respect that.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not jumping ship either...however week 3 is when you can evaluate a team defense from a stat perspective and get an outlook on the season. I read that in ESPN magazine when evaluation fantasy defenses. So from the metrics...we have a ton of work to do to be a supposed top 5 defense like most of us here thought we would be.
I thought we'd be improved, but I dunno about Top 5 status.

Speaking of fanstasy defenses... MOTH can be my witness... as I drafted the Green Bay D ahead of the Dallas D in the War League. ...and I was bummed as I wanted the Jets who went right before me. Love my boys... but I love my fantasy teams too. ;)
Old 09-23-2009, 02:20 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thinking that Umenyiora was doing anything productive against Flozell is asinine. He got wrecked all game, which is kind of funny seeing that Flozell's weakness is supposed to be quick rushers, and he just out muscled him all game long.

And that trip on Tuck wasn't even what injured him. He had a bum shoulder, am i right? How does him getting kicked in the shin have anything to do with straining a shoulder?

As for going 3-13. Hell no. It would bring a world of a hell upon everyone if Dallas went 3-13. The defense needs some huge improvement, and hopefully it'll get going this week. I think the ranking on the rush defense is a little skewed, because outside of one long Jacobs run (where Newman tackled Brooking), the Giants got shut down all game. It might be more from the Tampa Bay game.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:38 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tuck landed on his shoulder when he got blatantly tripped. He had that injury before in college but was fine since then.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4497705

Seems like good news about Barber.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

If Flo doesn't commit that penalty, then Tuck doesn't get hurt. Is that hard to see?

F'n Flo... I can't stand his penalties. But other than that he does his job. The F'd up thing about it is that he didn't need to trip Tuck on that play. Romo would've been fine. He eliminated a big play by penalty and I'm sick of him doing that. ...but I know the day he's gone, we're gonna wish he was back. It's gonna take a while for someone to be at his level.
Old 09-23-2009, 02:52 PM    (permalink
Giantsfan1080
Legend

Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Giantsfan1080 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He got fined $12,500 by the NFL for that trip also.

sig by BoneKrusher
Giantsfan1080 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:05 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Flozell is this generations Erik Williams. A great tackle that can shut many great players down, but makes dumb ass penalties. The difference is that Flozell seems to make more stupid errors than Williams. It's like he's just gotta make one dumb penalty per game. It even has rubbed off on Columbo in the past. lol I bet the next great Cowboy tackle will be the same.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Justin Tuck talks a lot of smack so excuse me if I don't shed a tear for his injury. I'm sure if the roles were reversed Tuck would love to injure one of our most important players. Every good offensive line is at least a little dirty but are smart enough to do it discreetly so as not to get penalized and fined. It was stupid of Flo to do it as we were pretty much dominating them up front.