Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-24-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
D-Unit is right about not freaking out just yet, the team is 1-1after 2 tough games.

But don't underestimate what a wakeup call Sunday night's game was for Dallas. They were at home & clearly had the advantage of comparative injuries. That loss emphasized a number of problem areas that need immediate attn. from the coaching staff, but ther were bright spots too, like the defensee holding NY to FGs vs TDs when they had them in the red zone & reinforced the Giants rep as a team with red zone scoring issues. And the o-line minimized the sacks allowed & opened huge holes you could drive a bus through for Barber & the RBs.

It's official -- the Giants just put Kenny Phillips on IR, done for the yr. Add the Tuck injury & the next NY opponents will have to tip their hats to Dallas for depleting their active roster. Just like the 9ers will issue a big old Thank You to Dallas if the Cowboys pummel Delhomme & the Panthers next Monday night since they own Carolina's #1 pick in 2010
I have tried to avoid reading any posts this week on here because I knew there would be way too many overreactions to the game. I'm fine with losing a game or two earlier in the season, maybe then this means we'll play better in December & January. At any rate, I'm sure the coaching staff will make the proper adjustments and we'll be fine this week. Watch out for us teeing off on Delhomme with a lot of blitzes early.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:14 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm just trying to keep things in real perspective here. Many teams have gone 0-2 before (and worse) and made the playoffs...

Also keeping things in perspective... we could easily lose to Carolina. This is the NFL. Nothing should surprise you.

So I dunno how a team with 0 sacks and 0 ints can be talked about as "teeing off on Delhomme".
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2009, 05:25 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm just trying to keep things in real perspective here. Many teams have gone 0-2 before (and worse) and made the playoffs...

Also keeping things in perspective... we could easily lose to Carolina. This is the NFL. Nothing should surprise you.

So I dunno how a team with 0 sacks and 0 ints can be talked about as "teeing off on Delhomme".
If I'm not mistaken, Tennessee made the playoffs a few years back after starting 1-4. They're 0-2 now, but I'm sure nobody is counting them out yet. They've proven that things happening early on doesn't mean that they'll happen all season long.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:29 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Why not? Delhomme has been sacked 4 times in 2 games and has turned the ball over several times. I know we haven't gotten to the QB, but have had a lot of hurries.
Old 09-25-2009, 10:22 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I just can't get over the types (and volumes) of mistakes with Tony Turnover. This is my concern.

We might (should) still make the playoffs but anyone not disturbed by the "LOSER" tag put on Tony Turnover need their head examined.

Again, the pom pom fannies are going to mention Peyton Manning but for anyone honest enough to admit it ..... it was the Colts D that won that SB. Peyton was very mediocre .... though at least in his defense he did not make killer plays.

Anyone think our D can dominate 4 straight games versus top level competition without Tony Turnover having a disasterous turnover fest game?

This is why I call this team soft and Tony a flake. I can not imagine 4 games of tough nose D and effective QBing. 4 straight? Just hard ....
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:16 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

I think we will see a lot of improvement in the sacks department.. Wade's teams have always been able to get to the QB, we started slow but I'm sure that a lot of sacks are coming...
I agree... do you remember when we went 13-3? We started great and finished poor... it's important to get hot at the right time.. when the Giants won the SB they weren't the best team in the NFL, they got hot at the right time... Arizona too... it's something that you see in a lot of sports.. a huge win can carry you to the big one...
And at the end of the day, football is just a game.. so I'm happy when the Cowboys win but I don't get mad if they lose..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 12:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
I just can't get over the types (and volumes) of mistakes with Tony Turnover. This is my concern.

We might (should) still make the playoffs but anyone not disturbed by the "LOSER" tag put on Tony Turnover need their head examined.

Again, the pom pom fannies are going to mention Peyton Manning but for anyone honest enough to admit it ..... it was the Colts D that won that SB. Peyton was very mediocre .... though at least in his defense he did not make killer plays.

Anyone think our D can dominate 4 straight games versus top level competition without Tony Turnover having a disasterous turnover fest game?

This is why I call this team soft and Tony a flake. I can not imagine 4 games of tough nose D and effective QBing. 4 straight? Just hard ....
Bob, it's pretty popular right now to bash Romo. Everybody is doing it... From Tony Dorsett to Colin Cowherd and every other uncle's monkey in sports media everywhere. Cowherd was going on and on about how Romo is like 13-14th best QB in the league. ...and you know what? Don't color me a fool. This is all about ratings. It's all about making news about the Cowboys because the fact of the matter is that Cowboys news makes them money. The TO show has left town. They need to come up with soooooomething... This team was built to make it Romo-friendly, so it's his responsibility to make the engine go. That's the story the media built up for the Cowboys before the season started. They said he will shoulder the blame. Now at first crack, here they gooooo!!! Forget that we put up over 30 points against the mighty Giants and lost by a last second FG... Noooo.... That's not a juicy story... His TURNOVERS!!!! Now THAT'S a story!!! But the fact of the matter is that despite his turnovers, he STILL lead the team down the field when they needed to make a TD and they DID IT! How can I personally blame the guy for giving us the lead when we needed it? Our defense cost us the game. Period. Cowboys fans need to stop with the Romo bashing because there are A LOT of teams out there WORST OFF. The grass isn't always greener. The Cowboys fans have quickly forgotten the whole slew of names that rotated at the position between the time from Aikman to Romo. For me, I have the memory of an elephant. I don't forget those dark times. No sir. I'm NOT gonna act like I'm not grateful to Romo, because I am. Despite his flaws, I'm still in his corner. He's a damn playmaker. With that, I understand that he will make mistakes in trying to go for it. He's no Delhomme. Delhomme never was a playmaker. He rode the coattails of a strong run game and Steve Smith who worked his way into the endzone most of the time. So don't sell me that crap. Call him Tony Turnover. Tony the flake. Ask for him to get benched. Yeah, keep doing it... keep calling his supporters "pom pom fannies". ...that will accomplish something. ...and that something will be looking like a DAMN FOOL when Tony has great games.... and he WILL have many great games ahead. So stay in your bashing corner so you can eat crow.
Old 09-25-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Bob, it's pretty popular right now to bash Romo. Everybody is doing it... From Tony Dorsett to Colin Cowherd and every other uncle's monkey in sports media everywhere. Cowherd was going on and on about how Romo is like 13-14th best QB in the league. ...and you know what? Don't color me a fool. This is all about ratings. It's all about making news about the Cowboys because the fact of the matter is that Cowboys news makes them money. The TO show has left town. They need to come up with soooooomething... This team was built to make it Romo-friendly, so it's his responsibility to make the engine go. That's the story the media built up for the Cowboys before the season started. They said he will shoulder the blame. Now at first crack, here they gooooo!!! Forget that we put up over 30 points against the mighty Giants and lost by a last second FG... Noooo.... That's not a juicy story... His TURNOVERS!!!! Now THAT'S a story!!! But the fact of the matter is that despite his turnovers, he STILL lead the team down the field when they needed to make a TD and they DID IT! How can I personally blame the guy for giving us the lead when we needed it? Our defense cost us the game. Period. Cowboys fans need to stop with the Romo bashing because there are A LOT of teams out there WORST OFF. The grass isn't always greener. The Cowboys fans have quickly forgotten the whole slew of names that rotated at the position between the time from Aikman to Romo. For me, I have the memory of an elephant. I don't forget those dark times. No sir. I'm NOT gonna act like I'm not grateful to Romo, because I am. Despite his flaws, I'm still in his corner. He's a damn playmaker. With that, I understand that he will make mistakes in trying to go for it. He's no Delhomme. Delhomme never was a playmaker. He rode the coattails of a strong run game and Steve Smith who worked his way into the endzone most of the time. So don't sell me that crap. Call him Tony Turnover. Tony the flake. Ask for him to get benched. Yeah, keep doing it... keep calling his supporters "pom pom fannies". ...that will accomplish something. ...and that something will be looking like a DAMN FOOL when Tony has great games.... and he WILL have many great games ahead. So stay in your bashing corner so you can eat crow.
Um, well for us to win a SB we need the following in addition to a playoff classification.....

Option A:
Tony Romo play 3/4 straight great games in a row versus top notch teams and our D plays pretty good for 3/4 games (<21 points).

Option B:
Tony Romo plays 3/4 straight games with no turnovers versus top notch teams and our D play dominantly for 3/4 games (<14 points).

I just can't see this happening.
Old 09-25-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Um, well for us to win a SB we need the following in addition to a playoff classification.....

Option A:
Tony Romo play 3/4 straight great games in a row versus top notch teams and our D plays pretty good for 3/4 games (<21 points).

Option B:
Tony Romo plays 3/4 straight games with no turnovers versus top notch teams and our D play dominantly for 3/4 games (<14 points).

I just can't see this happening.
Time will tell. ;)

Option C: We just win no matter how good or how ugly.
Old 09-25-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You bring up and interesting point about people needing something to talk about. All this bashing of Romo is getting ********. I guess it really is just media hype to get ratings. It was a bad game, but it's not like he's played garbage his entire career.

Old 09-27-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Flake is going to have a huge game tomorrow in a blow-out.

42-17. Cowboys win.
Old 09-28-2009, 09:03 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ya, I'm thinking that Wade and the defense show a little pride and step up with a good game. something like 31-13

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Terrell Owens' stats for the year: five catches, 98 yards, zero impact. Shutout Sunday against the Saints.

... I hope this starts to put to bed some of the grousing over his departure ..... shut out versus the Saints?????

As stated, he is done. He will have the occasional big game as did Jerry Rice and Tim Brown when the legs and the situation combine perfectly for old man nirvana -- but fact is Miles Austin is better (and worth more) than TO right now.

Good luck in Hollywood Cancer Boy.
Old 09-28-2009, 11:26 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Terrell Owens' stats for the year: five catches, 98 yards, zero impact. Shutout Sunday against the Saints.

... I hope this starts to put to bed some of the grousing over his departure ..... shut out versus the Saints?????

As stated, he is done. He will have the occasional big game as did Jerry Rice and Tim Brown when the legs and the situation combine perfectly for old man nirvana -- but fact is Miles Austin is better (and worth more) than TO right now.

Good luck in Hollywood Cancer Boy.
I don't think there's any question that Austin is better now when you factor in salary cap and just the distractions he creates.

Norm on the ticket has been saying it for more than a year and backing it up with numbers that TO has been a player in decline.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-28-2009, 04:01 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Any predictions for tonight?

I'm calling it

Dallas- 30
Carolina- 17

We finally get a sack and a turnover. The running game is dominent for us and passing game is solid. I say Romo has 1 turnover though.

Defensively, we keep the running game in check, but give up 1 big play to Steve Smith.
Old 09-28-2009, 05:52 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post

I'm calling it

Dallas- 30
Carolina- 17

We finally get a sack and a turnover. The running game is dominent for us and passing game is solid. I say Romo has 1 turnover though.

Defensively, we keep the running game in check, but give up 1 big play to Steve Smith.
I like that prediction. But if it's come true, what will ESPN talk about next week? The demise of the Cowboys seems to be the only thing they enjoy gloating about.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Is anyone worried yet? The D and O pretty much suck equally.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Ug, so much for a blow out.

Only Ratliff and Brooking are playing well.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-28-2009 at 10:05 PM.
Old 09-28-2009, 10:45 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

The run defense looked stellar tonight. They shut down two of the NFL's top run offenses two weeks in a row. I don't care what anyone says, that's brilliant. Also getting 200+ rush yards two weeks in a row is something special.

Side note. Victor Butler has more sacks this year than DeMarcus Ware and Anthony Spencer. Man those guys must suck. Jerry get somebody else! lol

Old 09-28-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post

I'm calling it

Dallas- 30
Carolina- 17

In my pool, the monday night game is the tiebreaker, tiebreaker, more specifically is based off of total points. I was expecting a 41-17 score. Makes me glad I had no shot of winning the pool this week anyway, lol.

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 10:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It was a good win. I'm just hoping Felix isnt too hurt. He is just an amazing talent, if he could just stay healthy, the guy looks like one of the best backs in the league.

21 carries 212 yards on the year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 09:19 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Overall I'm fairly pleased with the victory. We put some pressure on Delhomme and forced 3 TO's and had 3 sacks. The defense held the running game in check, but had some sloppy tackling that I'm not all that pleased with.

Offensively we keep running the ball very effectively. I knew we'd have a top 5 running attack this year, but didn't expect it to be like this. I would like to see us go down the field a little more, but I'm happy with the way Romo managed the game. He doesn't need to light it up like he did in week 1 to be successful in this offense.

Our special teams are a huge turnaround from what we had last year.

My biggest concern is the health of our RB's. It seems that both Felix and Barber are becoming a little fragile. While I like Choice, I just don't see him as being that RB that teams will fear like they do with Felix and Barber. Hopefully Barber is fully health this week and that Felix's injury isn't too bad.
Old 09-29-2009, 10:45 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

TC will be the starter eventually as he is the best inside runner and is used to being a workhorse at GT whereas MB3 and Cat have always been part of a tandem and are proving to be somewhat injury prone.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Win against a scrub team with a terrible QB, nothing to hang your hat on.

What everyone should be concerned with is Roy Williams not earning his contract. Take away his 66 yard TD on a blow coverage and you know what you get? 7 catches, 113 yards, 0 TD's, 2 drops on would be TD's over 3 games.

Nice, so we gave up a 1st and a 3rd plus 45 mil for this scrub? Like i've been saying all along -- dude is a loser.

Miles Austin? Where are you?

Longhorns or whoever it is, where is that sig quote you have of me saying Austin becomes irrelevant without T.O.? That sig quote that you have left on your page for the past year because you were sooooo sure Miles was ready to break out? I'd love to hear your thoughts.

Wanna know what's even more pathetic? We currently have the best running game in the entire league and these scrub receivers still can't get open.

If we had this running game and continuity with the o-line last year, T.O. would have been ******** on people.

and yeah, im sure everyone will point to Owens stats -- well point to his QB first. Edwards sucks, he's a check down queen. Lee Evans isn't putting up numbers either.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Win against a scrub team with a terrible QB, nothing to hang your hat on.
I'm not going to argue that Car is "good", but this was a 12-4 team last year that was desperate for a win and came out and played probably the best they could.

We still won despite some self inflicted wounds early.

You know though, this team can't win for losing with some folks.

Every week is it's own entity in this league. The defense played well and the offense didn't turn the ball over. It wasn't perfect, but I think it showed some growth is some areas.

Quote:
What everyone should be concerned with is Roy Williams not earning his contract. Take away his 66 yard TD on a blow coverage and you know what you get? 7 catches, 113 yards, 0 TD's, 2 drops on would be TD's over 3 games.

Nice, so we gave up a 1st and a 3rd plus 45 mil for this scrub? Like i've been saying all along -- dude is a loser.
You are the one that comes across here as a loser.

I'm not really concerned about him playing up to his contract. He is not a top 10 WR, but he's hardly a "scrub".

Quote:
Miles Austin? Where are you?
Frankly, with all the two TEs, he just hasn't had as many opportunities. I think he will get more opportunities. Be patient.

Quote:
If we had this running game and continuity with the o-line last year, T.O. would have been ******** on people.

and yeah, im sure everyone will point to Owens stats -- well point to his QB first. Edwards sucks, he's a check down queen. Lee Evans isn't putting up numbers either.
Oh, boy. Here we go! TO has been a receiver in decline for more than a season. Why is it so difficult for people to see? Don't just look at his stats this year. Go back and look at his stats with Dallas in his last 15 games or so. Take out the SF game, and he averaged about 4 catches and less than 50 yards.

-Douglas MacArthur