Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 09-29-2009, 11:50 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I'm not going to argue that Car is "good", but this was a 12-4 team last year that was desperate for a win and came out and played probably the best they could.

We still won despite some self inflicted wounds early.

You know though, this team can't win for losing with some folks.

Every week is it's own entity in this league. The defense played well and the offense didn't turn the ball over. It wasn't perfect, but I think it showed some growth is some areas.

You are the one that comes across here as a loser.

I'm not really concerned about him playing up to his contract. He is not a top 10 WR, but he's hardly a "scrub".

Frankly, with all the two TEs, he just hasn't had as many opportunities. I think he will get more opportunities. Be patient.

Oh, boy. Here we go! TO has been a receiver in decline for more than a season. Why is it so difficult for people to see? Don't just look at his stats this year. Go back and look at his stats with Dallas in his last 15 games or so. Take out the SF game, and he averaged about 4 catches and less than 50 yards.
First, you're a ******* loser ******, not to mention a dipshit.

Second, I could respond individually to each one of your stupid comments but ill just leave it at this -- HOMER. I've already watched Owens get behind defenses 4 times this season for deep bombs (all would ave been 60+ yard td's) but Trent missed him on all 4. There is a 5th, but T.O. dropped it.

Contrast that to RW who can't get behind a ******* safety and can't catch a fade, which is his forte. What does this guy do? Exploit blown coverages? Great we have Austin, Crayton, and Hurd to do that.

Not concerned with his contract? You should be. We're locked into that **** and it's going to hurt us in 2-3 years when the return on that investment is the same **** we're getting now and it prevents us from drafting a stud WR or going after a legitimate one (Brandon Marshall?) in FA.

PATHETIC play by RW. especially when you have the best run game in the league commanding 8 in the box.

T.O.>RW

Austin= Nothing without T.O.

Romo = struggling mightily without T.O. -- Not because Romo isn't good, but because none of these scrubs can get open outside of Witten. He needs weapons.

I think Olgletree should be made active on game days to bring a new dimension to the WR core. Quick, Shifty, Burner speed.

Last edited by Burns336 : 09-29-2009 at 11:59 AM.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I could respond individually to each one of your stupid comments but ill just leave it at this -- HOMER.
No, you couldn't because you're an imbecile.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
No, you couldn't because you're an imbecile.
Take that cowboycock out of you're throat. We barely beat 2 scrub teams. A few plays go differently (Muhammed TD on jenkins stands) and the momentum is totally different in this game. If the bucs don't blow 3 plays on defense for huge scores, that game could end differently to.

Ill admit, we could be 3-0 -- but imo we could also be 0-3.

This team has shown nothing, other than the fact that they refuse to embrace what they actually are -- a power run team.

I wont be sold on this Cowboys team until I see some explosiveness in the pass game.

our defense is not good enough to rely solely on the run game, we need to be a great passing team. Problem is, we don't have any good receivers and we're stacked at RB. we are built to run but we need to be able to pass.

Last edited by Burns336 : 09-29-2009 at 12:10 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good game last night in that we won, bad in that there are still a ton of problems on this team.

The Bad:

-Play calling was inconsistent on offense. There were some wrinkles I liked: the draw plays we saw so many times, throwing in the wildcat. There were also some bonehead calls: obviously the two throws on the goal line, the innability to get the ball in the hands of our receivers, etc.

-Austin and Hurd were nowhere in this game. There was no effort to get them the ball and there was no effort on their part to warrant getting it. Just bad all around.

-Carp continues to take horrible angles. At least he's consistent.

-Not a lot of people have been talking about this, but Ware isn't playing well. He had two tackles and no sacks last night. None on the year. This can't be the guy who had 20 sacks last year AND is on his contract year...

-We need to go DE this offseason. Spears is so mediocre.

-If we are going to be calling man-to-man cover 1, we need to make sure Hamlin has his **** together. He obviously didn't last night. He wasn't watching the QB and he wasn't breaking quick on the ball. He needs to put in some work this week to make sure he can play on a high level.

-The tackling in the 1st half was horrible, especially in the secondary.

-This team isn't going to be able to win on a consistent basis unless we stop making stupid mistakes at critical points in the game. Folk should have made that first kick. Phillips' flinch on the goal cost us four points. If it wasn't bad enough that Felix's leg whip cost us 15, we then committed two more penalties and then punted. I can't even remember how many times last night we were in 3rd and 19, 3rd and 28, enormous distances just because we're not able to limit the mistakes.

-Is it just me or does Roy have dead feet half the time he catches the ball? I remember two catches specifically where he was just standing flat footed when the ball hit his hands. To add to that, he dropped that easy catch in the corner. The call wasn't a fantastic one, but Roy had the ball in his hands and those four points are as much Roy's fault as they are Garrett's or John Phillips'.

The Good:

-Romo looked sharp. Stayed calm in the pocket, moved when he had to. He made a bad throw or two but for the most part, he was efficient and smart.

-The OL was good for the most part. There was that bone-headed hold by Colombo, but for the most part, good.

-Rat was awesome. He's easily the best player in the front 7 other than Ware.

-Our depth at RB never ceases to amaze me. All three of our RBs could start on plenty of teams. Jones was explosive and I think he's definitely everything we hoped Julius would become. Choice can just flat out play football. We have no problems running the ball.

-Newman had a great game once he settled down. I was worried for a while there that he wouldn't figure out Smith, but he ended up frustrating Smith enough to cause a huge mistake that sealed the game in that INT.

-Keith Brooking had a pretty good game.

-Mike Jenkins is well on his way to being a good CB. Mistakes are what you expect from a guy that young, but he also made some very good plays.

-Victor Butler showed a lot of promise. I'll have my eye on him next week.

-We made some very good half time adjustments. It's good to know this coaching staff can realize what's going wrong and fix it.

All in all, we need to cut down on the stupid penalties, run the football, and keep working on getting more of a push up-front from guys like Igor, Spears, and especially Ware.

BoneKrusher

Last edited by Staubach12 : 09-29-2009 at 12:40 PM.
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:36 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
First, you're a ******* loser ******, not to mention a dipshit.

Second, I could respond individually to each one of your stupid comments but ill just leave it at this -- HOMER. I've already watched Owens get behind defenses 4 times this season for deep bombs (all would ave been 60+ yard td's) but Trent missed him on all 4. There is a 5th, but T.O. dropped it.

Contrast that to RW who can't get behind a ******* safety and can't catch a fade, which is his forte. What does this guy do? Exploit blown coverages? Great we have Austin, Crayton, and Hurd to do that.

Not concerned with his contract? You should be. We're locked into that **** and it's going to hurt us in 2-3 years when the return on that investment is the same **** we're getting now and it prevents us from drafting a stud WR or going after a legitimate one (Brandon Marshall?) in FA.

PATHETIC play by RW. especially when you have the best run game in the league commanding 8 in the box.

T.O.>RW

Austin= Nothing without T.O.

Romo = struggling mightily without T.O. -- Not because Romo isn't good, but because none of these scrubs can get open outside of Witten. He needs weapons.

I think Olgletree should be made active on game days to bring a new dimension to the WR core. Quick, Shifty, Burner speed.

What the hell is the matter with you?

I would go through and individually rebutt your idiotic points but it would be a waste of time, since you obviously don't look at facts when formulating your opinions.

We have played 3 games this year. Of those two, we've faced a cover 2 shell in 2 of them. When you're going against a team that plays that coverage, you aren't going to get plays down the field. You just aren't. The key is getting it going underneath and staying patient, and then making them pay with the run. We did the second part against the Giants, but not the first part and it cost us the game. In this game, we did both and we won the game. This offense just posted 450 yards in a game where we didn't have any late game trash yardage while playing from behind to pad the yardage. Maybe you should pay attention and realize that Hurd and Austin only got into the game for maybe 10 to 20 plays each this game, and that they were facing constant double teams on the outside. As a result, Witten had his way with them and we dominated in the running game. Its a game of tradeoffs.

Roy Williams is not TO, he never will be and we shouldn't expect him to be. He doesn't have to be a prime TO to earn his contract. Yesterday he made the plays he needed to make to help us win, with the notable exception of that dropped fade route. He's doing just fine.

I can't for the life of me figure out what's the matter with a person who seems to relish the failures of his own team. You're so caught up in your own genius that you would rather be right than see your team succeed. I don't understand it.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:39 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Take that cowboycock out of you're throat. We barely beat 2 scrub teams. A few plays go differently (Muhammed TD on jenkins stands) and the momentum is totally different in this game. If the bucs don't blow 3 plays on defense for huge scores, that game could end differently to.

Ill admit, we could be 3-0 -- but imo we could also be 0-3.

This team has shown nothing, other than the fact that they refuse to embrace what they actually are -- a power run team.

I wont be sold on this Cowboys team until I see some explosiveness in the pass game.

our defense is not good enough to rely solely on the run game, we need to be a great passing team. Problem is, we don't have any good receivers and we're stacked at RB. we are built to run but we need to be able to pass.
Actually, there is no need to respond to your posts because they speak for themselves. Hope you're proud of yourself, bigboy.

I think I'm going to give the ignore function a try.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-29-2009, 12:55 PM    (permalink
Smoke14
Rookie

Smoke14 smells like sex panther.Smoke14 smells like sex panther.

How long is Jason Williams going to be out for?
Smoke14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think the team is built to throw the ball deep Burns. It's built for a mid range to short range passing attack IMO. There'll be more TEs and RBs getting passes in the offense, and the wideouts will be used to get first downs in the 10-20 yard range. Austin is the only "burner" on the team, so I'm betting that we won't see so many deep balls this year. T.O. is gone so you lose that element with him, but if they can manage to get first downs then I'm not bothered by it. They're averaging about 430 yards a game right now so not having a deep threat isn't that bad right now. I know that's an inflated number since it's early, but they're not having a problem getting first downs. Their only problem is finishing and putting points on the board, but considering that they scored 31 points in each of the first two weeks, jumping down their throat for not being able to score would be too knee jerk to one bad offensive game. The offense played pretty well two games, and they had problems putting the stamp down when it came to points last night. I don't think it's worry time yet until they have a game to where the opposing defense shuts down whatever they try all night, and they end up with 250 total yards or something similar. I really don't think the offense is where it could be right now. They've got some kinks to work out, and they've still managed to get almost 400 yards every game so far. When the season low is getting 378 yards, you've gotta be doing something right.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 12:56 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09272/1001626-87.stm

How could this be? You mean there's another team in the NFL that isn't lights out when it come draft time?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-29-2009, 01:11 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoke14 View Post
How long is Jason Williams going to be out for?
That's a good question. I wonder if he could be brought up to speed well enough to take over for Barbie? Carp is just awful.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/09272/1001626-87.stm

How could this be? You mean there's another team in the NFL that isn't lights out when it come draft time?
Please don't make excuses for us having a crappy crap draft this year.

After last year's first draft with Ciskowski I got excited for this year. But it looks like he's inconsistent. We might be the only team in the league not getting good rookie play from any other position other than Kickerofferman.

Others weaknesses don't justify our own.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I don't think the team is built to throw the ball deep Burns. It's built for a mid range to short range passing attack IMO. There'll be more TEs and RBs getting passes in the offense, and the wideouts will be used to get first downs in the 10-20 yard range. Austin is the only "burner" on the team, so I'm betting that we won't see so many deep balls this year. T.O. is gone so you lose that element with him, but if they can manage to get first downs then I'm not bothered by it. They're averaging about 430 yards a game right now so not having a deep threat isn't that bad right now. I know that's an inflated number since it's early, but they're not having a problem getting first downs. Their only problem is finishing and putting points on the board, but considering that they scored 31 points in each of the first two weeks, jumping down their throat for not being able to score would be too knee jerk to one bad offensive game. The offense played pretty well two games, and they had problems putting the stamp down when it came to points last night. I don't think it's worry time yet until they have a game to where the opposing defense shuts down whatever they try all night, and they end up with 250 total yards or something similar. I really don't think the offense is where it could be right now. They've got some kinks to work out, and they've still managed to get almost 400 yards every game so far. When the season low is getting 378 yards, you've gotta be doing something right.
Jason Garrett is from the school of Ernie Zampese. You better believe it's designed for the deep ball.

What you're seeing is inability.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:29 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Please don't make excuses for us having a crappy crap draft this year.

After last year's first draft with Ciskowski I got excited for this year. But it looks like he's inconsistent. We might be the only team in the league not getting good rookie play from any other position other than Kickerofferman.

Others weaknesses don't justify our own.
But do we know yet that our draft was crappy?

What if Butler ends up being a pretty decent pass rusher? What if Williams gets healthy and can take Carp's spot?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-29-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Burns, I am sorry but TO at this time sucks. And even when he does get open .... he drops the ball. As much as you hate RW, and I am not a fan, he has longer TD catches than TO this year.

TO is done. Been saying it since last year and most the NFL knows it. Unless he get a free release and 4 seconds. He can't get open.

Austin and Hurd? Gerrett is to blame along with Romo. The 2 TE set lends itself to short game and power running. IFFFF, You want to win in December???? Get used to it.

Last night Austin was open on 2 shots and Romo went short. So .... don't blame Austin. He has done nicely with his opportunities. Wish I could say the same for RW, a starter.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 01:50 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Jason Garrett is from the school of Ernie Zampese. You better believe it's designed for the deep ball.

What you're seeing is inability.
Disagree, this playbook is by design. You don't run as many 2 TE sets unless you are looking to wear out the other team, throw short, create some confusion and run the ball.

We are not trying to be the Raiders of the 1970s. And I prefer it anyway. If a guy runs clear on some messed up coverage, go for it. Otherwise ..... 1/2 Deep, go short.

My only issue with this type of football is you need to cut down OL mistakes. 2nd and 20 is especially bad.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 09-29-2009 at 01:53 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

And TO would be whining like crazy at this point. He does not care about winning but looking good. In Buffalo, who cares about him. He is irrelevant.
Old 09-29-2009, 02:53 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

I'm just tired of reading excuses for Roy Williams. I would actually take satisfaction in reading everyone on here admit he's a piece of ****. An underachiever. A bust in terms of what was given up for him.

I'm not expecting deep bombs going to RW like they went to Owens.

What I am expecting is a possession receiver who works the underneath and middle of the field. I'm looking for a guy to run good routes, use his big body, and use his big hands to bail his QB out.

A guy who gives you 6-8 catches a game and 4-5 first downs....

I see that guy, but he's white and his jersey says "82" on it, and he gets paid a 3rd as much.

I will give Williams credit for his run blocking. He's been great in that aspect so far.

**Other things I noticed**

Brooking>James -- Although less gifted athletically and older, Brooking clearly has a better grip on the scheme than James or Carp. Making plays behind the LOS, positioning himself good in coverage, controlling his gap effectively. Maybe he could teach 56 how to be a pro.

Igor -- Although I've seen no pass rush out of him, I have notice him playing the run pretty good. Seems to always hold the point and has the ability to peel off his block. I think I saw him make 2 tackles in thick traffic yesterday.

Ratliff -- BEAST. Has the best mentality of anyone on the defense. Looks like a ******* 600 pound silverback out there.

^^ These 3 are the reason we've locked down the run game the past 2 weeks.

Jenkins seems to be a playmaker but is still too inconsistent. He had a good game but the offensive PI that could have easily not been called would of changed that assessment. The TD to Rosario was partly on him, but he had a WR break a route off underneath that kept him on the sideline long enough to let rosario down the seem. I'd put more of the blame on Hamlin to be honest.

Speaking of Hamlin -- Not the playmaker of a few years ago. Disappointing to see. Looks like his studies have fallen off after he got paid.

Looks like Newman has finally settled in this season. Nice to have you back.

Ware will be fine. He is a half step away from having 3 sacks this year and is still playing the run very well. He may not have many tackles, but it's because they hardly run at him. He's very good at keeping contain on his side.

Spencer -- much better in coverage that I thought and a much worse pass rusher.

Hamlin, James, Spears are this years weak links on defense.

Still can't get a read on who Tony Romo is.

Last edited by Burns336 : 09-29-2009 at 02:56 PM.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
What the hell is the matter with you?

I would go through and individually rebutt your idiotic points but it would be a waste of time, since you obviously don't look at facts when formulating your opinions.

We have played 3 games this year. Of those two, we've faced a cover 2 shell in 2 of them. When you're going against a team that plays that coverage, you aren't going to get plays down the field. You just aren't. The key is getting it going underneath and staying patient, and then making them pay with the run. We did the second part against the Giants, but not the first part and it cost us the game. In this game, we did both and we won the game. This offense just posted 450 yards in a game where we didn't have any late game trash yardage while playing from behind to pad the yardage. Maybe you should pay attention and realize that Hurd and Austin only got into the game for maybe 10 to 20 plays each this game, and that they were facing constant double teams on the outside. As a result, Witten had his way with them and we dominated in the running game. Its a game of tradeoffs.

Roy Williams is not TO, he never will be and we shouldn't expect him to be. He doesn't have to be a prime TO to earn his contract. Yesterday he made the plays he needed to make to help us win, with the notable exception of that dropped fade route. He's doing just fine.

I can't for the life of me figure out what's the matter with a person who seems to relish the failures of his own team. You're so caught up in your own genius that you would rather be right than see your team succeed. I don't understand it.
you pretty much made my point for me. We can't go deep against this defense. Ok, there is Austin's excuse for no production.

Now tell me what that has to do with Roy Williams?

Those are the types of games where he should take over and command the middle and underneath, right? He should be catching slants and crossing routes or finding holes in the defense.

You guys all wanna say he isn't T.O., Don't expect the deep bombs, he's not that sorta player -- Ok i don't... So what should I expect?

I would assume that he'll be a great possession guy.

Now you're telling me because the Deep routes were taken away, he was rendered useless? I thought the deep routes "weren't his thing" right? " He's not that type of player" right?

so let me sort through the so called "facts" that you and others on here have put before me...

-Don't expect deep bombs or explosive plays in the mold of T.O.

-He's an underneath player with a big body who is more of a possession guy that keeps the chains moving

-When deep bombs are taken away by the defense, we use that as an excuse for no production, even though said receiver is supposed to be an underneath specialist, not a deep ball threat.

So if the guy isn't producing underneath, and he can't go deep, where can he go?

Please, someone break down what this guy's specialty is for me? Explain why he's our #1?

....Oh wait, it because he can catch a fade route right? Big time redzone target?

oops.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
But do we know yet that our draft was crappy?

What if Butler ends up being a pretty decent pass rusher? What if Williams gets healthy and can take Carp's spot?
OK, say they make it. Still 3 out of 12 is crap.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
OK, say they make it. Still 3 out of 12 is crap.
Well, there's 2 that are injured so we won't know for a bit longer.

How many did you think had a realistic shot of making this roster?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 09-29-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Williams was out 4-6 weeks...and I believe this is week 5.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Disagree, this playbook is by design. You don't run as many 2 TE sets unless you are looking to wear out the other team, throw short, create some confusion and run the ball.

We are not trying to be the Raiders of the 1970s. And I prefer it anyway. If a guy runs clear on some messed up coverage, go for it. Otherwise ..... 1/2 Deep, go short.

My only issue with this type of football is you need to cut down OL mistakes. 2nd and 20 is especially bad.
Nice post. I realize where I made a bad connection.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Well, there's 2 that are injured so we won't know for a bit longer.

How many did you think had a realistic shot of making this roster?
Not many. That's why I thought we wasted the combined value of our picks. We went for quantity over quality. ...and now we don't even have quantity. Crapola.
Old 09-29-2009, 03:53 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why does Martellus Bennett only have three catches? Less action than expected?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sorry guys, but Jason Williams will not be taking over for Carp this year. He may be the most physically gifted defensive player we have but, the guy is a project right now. He's raw as it is and now you add the 6 or so weeks he's going to miss, on top of that. We could see him in some nickel situations, where he is rushing the passer a few times this year but, there is no way he's taking over for him.

He has pro bowl athleticism but, his NFL football IQ is rather limited at the moment. He has a lot to learn before he's ready for a role as large as Bobby's. Lets not forget how bad Williams looked for the majority of preseason. It's going to be a bit of a process but, I think he'll get there in time. Freaky athlete with fantastic work ethic and the will to be one of the best. I think he'll be just fine, just dont expect him to do anything this season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 09-29-2009 at 04:07 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote