Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-14-2006, 10:05 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by jagfan33
How come the new stadium looks exactly like your old one :?:
That's not a coincidence that it bears a resemblence to Texas Stadium as Jerry wanted the new stadium to retain some of that old school feel with the similiar look with the hole in the roof. The hole in the roof is so iconic and symbolic of the Dallas Cowboys they had to make the new stadium resemble that a little bit to pay tribute and honor the great history of Texas Stadium and all the great teams that played there. However, like Ward said the new stadium will be a hell of a lot bigger and better. If you read the DMN article I linked to Jerry talks about keeping the hole in the roof look even though it will obviously be a retractable roof.
Old 12-14-2006, 11:52 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I don't know if I believe this but apparently the Falcons are talking about using Vick some at RB because of the injuries to Dunn and Norwood. That would certainly present a unique challenge to our D.
Old 12-15-2006, 12:43 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
I don't know if I believe this but apparently the Falcons are talking about using Vick some at RB because of the injuries to Dunn and Norwood. That would certainly present a unique challenge to our D.
I personally don't see this. I believe mora said it was to late in the season to be trying stuff like this. Even if this did happen it would only be for 5 plays max. This isn't the factor. We need to keep vick contained and we win.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 01:32 AM    (permalink
chrlopez1
Veteran

chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.chrlopez1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default This week game and some other stuff

I personally thing the cowboys will come out playing. I think we have a shot at really beating this team up. I have to admit the longer it goes were Atlanta stays in the game the more I will get nervous. I think what the Saints game showed was that we need to play a complete game. I think the cowboys just were not ready to play and they got burned. Brees had a great game, but every QB has one and Brees is a good QB who took advantage of the Cowboys. I am more afraid of the NY Giants in the playoff than the Saints.

Questin.....Do you think we cut Owens in the offseason? if so who become a #1 WR. I personally think our offense is were it is because of him. WE might not like him, but he makes it easier for everybody else.
We cut him and we will become a another regualr team. IF we draft a WR.....it not like he is going to have an impact...WR take 2-3 years to develop. I think Sam Hurd may surprise....he is my darkhorse...but we are in a playoff drive and no game time for him until next year.

2007 DRAFT ---- DT or OT...........maybe a safety...I think Davies is gone next year.......I don't see him here.

I really like teh new stadium....I hope I can get to Dallas in the next two year and attend one game before they move. California fan here. IF anybody is from Dallas ...Is it hard to get game tickets............just asking......on game day............
chrlopez1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 09:50 AM    (permalink
Number-94

Default Re: This week game and some other stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrlopez1
2007 DRAFT ---- DT or OT...........maybe a safety...I think Davies is gone next year.......I don't see him here.
No maybe in it for me. I want Reggie Nelson if he's there when we pick and we pass...I will personally go stab Parcells. He's a playmaker, has speed you can't teach, will allow Roy to play in the box and he can even return punts. Can probably man-up a TE even though that would leave Roy center field(scary thought).
Old 12-15-2006, 10:02 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

As much as I hate seeing Davis out there at safety, he is our best special teams player. The Bradie James of the special teams as you will, the heart. He has no business out there covering the deep ball, but he is good in run support, so I wouldn't want to see him leave.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:55 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Do yall think we should blitz Vick much or would that open up too many rushing lanes for him? We have to get pressure on him but I think we'd be better off playing conservative and let Vick try to beat us with his arm.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Do yall think we should blitz Vick much or would that open up too many rushing lanes for him? We have to get pressure on him but I think we'd be better off playing conservative and let Vick try to beat us with his arm.
I say no blitz, they got film from last week where we exposed to the short screens and dump offs. Being to aggressive will fall into that, and they have the personnel to the same thing the Saints did.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:25 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Demarius Bilbo played the role of Michael Vick in practice all week. I wonder how fast Bilbo is?

FYI: Cowboysplus.com is apparently free for the next 3 months which means you get all the DMN cowboys stuff for free.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:28 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

LOL Bilbo.
Old 12-15-2006, 11:41 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This game and the Giants/Eagles game has serious playoff implications. If the Giants win and Dallas loses, we're on top again. If we both win, Falcons are looking out of it. If you win and we lose, Philly is looking to be the wild card. This week is gonna be huge.

Plus, with Seattle losing, your game puts you in the driver's seat to be the 3 seed. The NFC is ugly, and its about to get uglier. We'll all have a better idea of what to expect after this week.
Old 12-15-2006, 06:20 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

So, it finally ends.

http://www.bengals.com/news/news.asp?story_id=5781

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 06:28 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

If Terence Newman doesn't make the pro bowl this year it will truely be a travesty of justice and prove the pro bowl is really nothing more than a popularity contest. I would hope the players and coaches are smart enough to vote for him but I don't think most fans except Cowboys fans and fans of other NFC East teams really realize how great he's been the last two seasons. With the exception of his sophomore slump in 04 which can be at least partly blamed on a nagging leg injury he had that year Newman has arguabely deserved to go the pro bowl every year.

I know this is pretty off topic but Darren Woodson is quickly becoming one of the best NFL analysts on TV and is probably already the second best on ESPN behind only Tom Jackson. I hope Woody gets the MNF analysts job if and when they get rid of Theisman who is terrible.
Old 12-15-2006, 08:42 PM    (permalink
MeEtMeAtTheStAr

Dont know if it has been posted but Who is Tony Romo is on Nfl Network tonight...it should be good
Old 12-15-2006, 10:08 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeEtMeAtTheStAr
Dont know if it has been posted but Who is Tony Romo is on Nfl Network tonight...it should be good
I'm TiVoing it.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2006, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Terence Newman doesn't make the pro bowl this year it will truely be a travesty of justice and prove the pro bowl is really nothing more than a popularity contest.
I feel bad for you if you're just finding this out.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 12:55 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeEtMeAtTheStAr
I watched it. It was a very good piece. If any of you haven't seen it, you should.
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 01:44 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Good afternoon.

Read the posts last few days and still don't get why some combination of moving Henry to FS won't work. They played Glenn back there a few times and he looked good.

Watkins, if the answer, would solve the FS problem but if not here is a proposal that does not require an FA or day 1 DB pick.

Henry to FS
Jones or Reeves to CB
Glenn is nickel
Elam is back up SS
Watkins is back up FS
Trade Davis to NO -- he is a better SS than they currently have
Get Williams to drop 15 pounds to 20 -- word is he is playing 230 and he reaction speed shows it.

Today's NFL safeties need to cover. With the drastic evolution of the TE's athletic ability and the 4/5 WR sets you can't expect otherwise. Can't go 3-4 CB every time they spread you out.

To me what Buffalo and Oakland have done in the secondary is the way DB play is evolving.

The day of the 230 lbs SS is over and even the lost talented (Taylor in DC) gets exposed in coverage.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:13 PM    (permalink
cowboysforever
Veteran

cowboysforever hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

As yet to get why the SOLB has to cover the TE b/c Roy.

Any to LB should be able to stick with any TE in the short and intermediate routes. First.

Roy could then roam a little more and do what he does best at the LOS. Second.

Parts should be almost interchangable.

Look at Pitt with their speed and coverage skills at LB in the 3-4 and then look at TP's play as a result at safety.

This to me is the best template to max Roy's skills while playing better overall D.
cowboysforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 02:15 PM    (permalink
Number-94

I don't want Jones or Reeves anywhere near the starting line-up. Why put Henry at FS? We could just draft Reggie Nelson. If we do move Henry to FS I really like Josh Wilson too. But I do agree with Roy needing to lose weight, we just don't have anyone that can man cover a TE. Well we don't have a LB or SS that can. I wish we signed Julian Peterson!
Old 12-16-2006, 02:16 PM    (permalink
Number 10
All-NFLDC

Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.Number 10 is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number-94
I don't want Jones or Reeves anywhere near the starting line-up. Why put Henry at FS? We could just draft Reggie Nelson. If we do move Henry to FS I really like Josh Wilson too. But I do agree with Roy needing to lose weight, we just don't have anyone that can man cover a TE. Well we don't have a LB or SS that can. I wish we signed Julian Peterson!
Nelson is starting to seem like he may be a top 20 pick.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vikes99ej View Post
These last 50 seconds will define Eli Manning.
MISSION ACCOMPLISHED
Number 10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 03:02 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All this moving position talk is unrealistic and uninformed. Henry is one of the best #2 corners in the league. Stop playing Madden and actually watch some football. This crap is ruining our thread.
Old 12-16-2006, 03:20 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
All this moving position talk is unrealistic and uninformed. Henry is one of the best #2 corners in the league. Stop playing Madden and actually watch some football. This crap is ruining our thread.
I don't believe it's ruining our thread. He's spouting off. Nothing wrong with that. He's just trying to find solutions to the issues we have. You and I may not agree, but he's entitled to do it.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 04:43 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Since Roy's strength is obviously in the box and not deep in coverage maybe we should use a little 46 and basically use him as an extra LB on first and second down. We should blitz Roy a lot more often so we can manufacture a pass rush as Ware by himself can't get it done without help. Is this too unrealistic?
Old 12-16-2006, 04:50 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Since Roy's strength is obviously in the box and not deep in coverage maybe we should use a little 46 and basically use him as an extra LB on first and second down. We should blitz Roy a lot more often so we can manufacture a pass rush as Ware by himself can't get it done without help. Is this too unrealistic?
PROBLEM: In the 46 you better have a damn good free safety (Ed Reed). We just have Keith Davis.