Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-22-2009, 01:08 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
:( Seeing as Anthony Spencer is just a run stopper and can't get to the QB... and Kolb looks like Tom Brady... I say you came away looking pretty.
Kolb looked good against the Chiefs. Let that marinate for a little. The Chiefs.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
lol

Since we're on Martellus, what do y'all think the problem is? Is it him not running good routes and getting open? Is it Romo not finding him? Is it Garrett for not calling the right plays? Defenses playing great against him? Is it a combination of all four? I think his production could be a lot better, and I think Jerry knows that. I think he wants to give the Romo to Bennett connection time to gel this season.
There is just not enough balls to go around. In a 2 TE offense, rarely do you see both TEs putting up big numbers. Witten is always going to get "his". Most of the time they are either blocking or playing decoy. I admit, I thought he'd be more involved in the passing attack, but I'm realizing that's never going to be the case. Romo will never consistently target Bennett 5-6 times a game. More like 1-3. For that John Phillips... or any Joe Shmo can fill the hole. As the #2 TE, Bennett's biggest use for us is as a run blocker and decoy. We should've made the trade.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 01:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Kolb looked good against the Chiefs. Let that marinate for a little. The Chiefs.
haha. He's looked better than I thought though. Not like he's Chad Hutchinson or Drew Henson or something. Damn... it was so bad here, we actually played Ryan Leaf. good gracious.
Old 10-22-2009, 01:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Roy Williams speaks the truth. Bashers need to realize.

http://espn.go.com/dallas/columns/co...g?post=4585733

Cowboys wide receiver Roy Williams said he's frustrated with his production since the trade with Detroit last season.

Williams has just 11 catches in four games this year with one touchdown. In just 14 games with the Cowboys, Williams has just two touchdowns and a total of 30 catches.

"It's OK, I mean very average, if not below average in my opinion," Williams said. "My thing is, I do what I'm supposed to do. I've been patient this year. One of these days, you hope that you don't have to do it, but sometimes you got to dial 911, and I'm waiting on 911 to be dialed up. Hopefully, 911 refers to [Tony] Romo and myself, not an emergency situation."

Williams said he's playing well and to compare how he plays on tape to any player in the league.

Yet, fans are on Williams.

Last Saturday when Williams was on the sidelines during the Oklahoma-Texas game, OU fans yelled at him.

"An OU fan said, 'You suck. You get paid $40 million. You suck.' I said, 'Actually I got $45 million.' '' said Williams, who attended Texas. "It goes back to my film. I put my film out across the league every week, and I'm happy with my film. If they weren't happy, they would sit me down or talk to me and say I'm doing something wrong."
Old 10-22-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No TO -- same circus.

Look shiny object ... other teams want the talent I picked!!!!!!!!! Look!!!!!!! I am better than Parcells and Johnson!!! DAMN YOU LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, we screwed up RW trade and last 3 drafts? My bad.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 02:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
No TO -- same circus.

Look shiny object ... other teams want the talent I picked!!!!!!!!! Look!!!!!!! I am better than Parcells and Johnson!!! DAMN YOU LOOK!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, we screwed up RW trade and last 3 drafts? My bad.
Dude, any news about the Cowboys is overblown. Cowboys make ESPN $$$$$$$.

If you don't like that, then you're cheering for the wrong team. Overblown news is the norm.

I'm happy with the '08 draft. I thought we did very good actually.
Old 10-22-2009, 02:55 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well if I had to make a crazy guess I'd say the Bengals offered us their 2nd round pick for Tellus.

Basically we would give up what we paid for him in the first place. So I guess in Jerry's mind that would make sense. Invest 2 years into a player his value should hypothetically go up. So unless they offered a 1st round pick you could argue that it didn't make a ton of sense from Jerry's perspective.

However if you put into perspective what he has done on the field production wise and what having another potential top 50 pick could allow us to do on draft day it really has to make you wonder.3 top 50 picks puts us in range to land any prospect in the draft. That is what really could have been interesting.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Dude, any news about the Cowboys is overblown. Cowboys make ESPN $$$$$$$.

If you don't like that, then you're cheering for the wrong team. Overblown news is the norm.

I'm happy with the '08 draft. I thought we did very good actually.
Felix, Choice, Scandrick and Jenkins... we got 4 good players (and two of them can be very very good) and another talented 1 in Bennett... Only Walden was a bad pick.. I think we can't complain about the '08 draft.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 03:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Well if I had to make a crazy guess I'd say the Bengals offered us their 2nd round pick for Tellus.

Basically we would give up what we paid for him in the first place. So I guess in Jerry's mind that would make sense. Invest 2 years into a player his value should hypothetically go up. So unless they offered a 1st round pick you could argue that it didn't make a ton of sense from Jerry's perspective.

However if you put into perspective what he has done on the field production wise and what having another potential top 50 pick could allow us to do on draft day it really has to make you wonder.3 top 50 picks puts us in range to land any prospect in the draft. That is what really could have been interesting.
I kind of feel bad because even Marty knows that he could be thriving better somewhere else. He's a goner when his rookie contract is up.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I kind of feel bad because even Marty knows that he could be thriving better somewhere else. He's a goner when his rookie contract is up.
I'm not so sure about that. It all depends on where Witten is in his career.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is what a GM with brains does .... trade Witten for a or a 2 and 3.

If Martellus is that good .... we should have no issues.

Love Witten but if we can get some Safety and ILB help ....... or a stud Guard.

But this is Dallas, we sign over priced Vets or give up picks. We have difficulty doing the Patriot thing.
Old 10-22-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Trading Witten for a 2 and 3 wouldn't be smart. He's a great player that's consistent and cheap. They can get safety and ILB help without getting rid of one of your best players. If they traded Witten, then the bitching would be, "OMG how could you give up one of our only good players. Jerry is stupid!"

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 05:02 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Here is what a GM with brains does .... trade Witten for a or a 2 and 3.

If Martellus is that good .... we should have no issues.

Love Witten but if we can get some Safety and ILB help ....... or a stud Guard.

But this is Dallas, we sign over priced Vets or give up picks. We have difficulty doing the Patriot thing.
So a good GM would trade one of their best players/hardest workers which every fan loves for a pick? The fans would HATE that. And earlier you were talking about the drama, what team doesn't have players talking about stuff? Look at the Bengals this year and you have Chad Johnson Tweeting to his opponents every game, every team has someone who says stuff to the media get over it.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 06:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I would never trade Witten. That guy is going in the Ring of Honor.
Old 10-22-2009, 06:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Very interesting someone wanted Martellus, and frankly you can't blame the lack of production on him.

D hit it on the head, only so many balls can go around, and we also have 3 RB's who are trying to get carries and were turning into a running team, can't expect the 2nd TE to produce realistically unless the 1st guy is primarily a blocker(ie Jermichael Finley this year who I prayed we would draft, and Greg Olsen last year)...Now Martellus does more for us because his blocking is awesome and it goes unnoticed alot unless he screws up.

Good to know someone was interested, but unless it was a very good deal kinda hard to take it, I mean, we run 2 TE sets almost as a base formation. Do we really trade Fasano(who was average but serviceable) to take Bennett in the 2nd if we didn't plan on utilizing 2 TE's nearly every snap?

Really sucks Tellus will never get his shine here behind Witten, but I'm glad to have him. He blocks his ass off, was a great ST tackler, and let's not forget the mis match problems he causes.

If Romo can figure out for the life of me to throw a TD lob he'd be looking like a stud now. Can't figure out why that pass is so hard, do we even practice it?

Brad Johnson came in last year and threw a perfect lob to RW with minimal practice time, Romo has had an off-season + time with Marty B and RW yet everytime we run that play it's never executed properly. *shrugs*

Tellus is one of my favorite players, for alot of reasons, so I'm happy to have him. I see it as kinda pointless to let him go for a 2nd when we obviously felt he was important enough to take in the 2nd, I'd want an actual player for him we could use somewhere if we were to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Right LL, considering how bad we are in the redzone, if Garrett pulls his head out of his ass maybe he'll call for some TE shots. Who in their right mind calls for Hurd to run a route against Champ Bailey in the endzone with the game on the line???!!!!! Not once. TWICE!!!
Old 10-22-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why on earth would you trade Witten?

Id trade Bennett. The guy is overrated until he proves otherwise. He hasn't done a thing. And with Witten on the team, he's nothing more than a glorified and overhyped physical freak who's greatest contribution is run blocking.

Ill trade a run blocking TE for picks all day.

He's the type of player that will never realize his potential with the team that drafted him. Might as well get picks out of him bc I honestly don't think he'll ever be the guy Cowboy fans hope for him to be in Dallas.

Fasano has looked better than Bennett. Sometimes you just need a chance to prove yourself, and that won't happen in Dallas with Witten at TE.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:14 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Guys, I personally would not trade Witten at all but if you asked me to trade a TE off this team ....

1. Witten gets you the most
2. Tellus can replace Witten's yardage and blocking
3. Phillips is fine #2. Sure Hannah would resurface.
4. Scrap heap 3rd TEs are available by the dime
5. Romo would need to throw more the RB and WR -- not a bad thing

But regardless

1. Never wanted Fasano
2. Never would have traded Fasano for a 4th
3. Never would have taken Tellus after trading Fasano unless trading Witten
4. Tellus is a better blocker than Fasano but we are talking a second TE and not by much -- you don't need Kellen Winslow II to be the second TE.

So for all of Tellus's ability why keep a potential star on the bench? Move one All Pro for a potential All Pro.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:19 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bc unless Tellus can actually do something on the field, he's not a star.

You gotta prove it. He hasn't proven a thing yet.

He very well may be a star in the future, but he's not there yet, and I don't think its fair to just assume he will become one.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:27 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I do credit Marty for fighting hard on getting the extra yard everytime he touches the ball. He's physical with the rock in his hands. He and Austin are the only 2 that pretty much keep fighting after the first hit. Witten does it from time to time, but not consistently like those 2 do.

I think it was tough for Jerry to trade him for a 2nd rounder, but if we find out it was a 1st rounder, then Jerry should be shot.
Old 10-22-2009, 08:44 PM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Thanks for the response about the game guys. Seems like a pretty fair prediction, I hope we don't give up 27, but hey Dallas is going to be tough for us to stop with that stable of backs you have. Plus Witten is a beast too. I don't know how well our defense can hold up against that attack :/ Hopefully for me the Falcons can pull this one off, our offense is going to have to be on point and we can't let Turner struggle as bad as he did against Chicago that's for sure. It's been a nightmare getting that guy going this year :/
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2009, 08:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falcon<3 View Post
Thanks for the response about the game guys. Seems like a pretty fair prediction, I hope we don't give up 27, but hey Dallas is going to be tough for us to stop with that stable of backs you have. Plus Witten is a beast too. I don't know how well our defense can hold up against that attack :/ Hopefully for me the Falcons can pull this one off, our offense is going to have to be on point and we can't let Turner struggle as bad as he did against Chicago that's for sure. It's been a nightmare getting that guy going this year :/
I'm betting this will be another nail biter to the end. Dallas has had those kinds of games all season long. We usually play to the pace of our competition rather than dictate the pace ourselves. Being at home makes it seem like there is a better chance for us to win... and we need every advantage we can get against a hot team like yours.

What's better? Your run defense or your pass defense?
Old 10-23-2009, 01:03 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Do you think we're playing down (or up) to the level of competition?
We lost to the Giants by 3, lost to the Broncos by 7 (with a chance to tie it up), won against the Chiefs by 6 (in OT)... the Broncos and Giants were undefeated, the Chiefs were winless..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 02:58 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Do you think we're playing down (or up) to the level of competition?
We lost to the Giants by 3, lost to the Broncos by 7 (with a chance to tie it up), won against the Chiefs by 6 (in OT)... the Broncos and Giants were undefeated, the Chiefs were winless..
Both. That's what it means most of the time when people say that. We still lack that signature win. I think if we kick their asses pretty good, then that could propel our team to a streak of wins.
Old 10-23-2009, 08:32 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I'm betting this will be another nail biter to the end. Dallas has had those kinds of games all season long. We usually play to the pace of our competition rather than dictate the pace ourselves. Being at home makes it seem like there is a better chance for us to win... and we need every advantage we can get against a hot team like yours.

What's better? Your run defense or your pass defense?
Based on the stats the Falcons D is very middle of the ground. However, the do rank in the top 10 in points allowed. Seems to be a bend, but don't break defense. A lot of analysts have been dogging their secondary, especially now with Brian Williams out for the year. It seems that if we can keep the pass rush at bay, then there could be some opportunities through the air.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote