Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-23-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Just some random thoughts about the game

- Interested to see the first game Austin & Roy starting together. Who does Romo look to more? Who plays better? Roy is still hobbled a bit so you can't decide it all this week, but it's still going to be interesting to watch.

- Is Felix going to be 100% this game? Sounds like he's practicing full go, but I like our offense 10x more with him healthy getting a nice share of touches. He makes us alot better obviously, but I'm also curious to see how durable he really is. I still stand by my comments that if he's hurt again this year and has to miss some time we'll never be able to rely on him.

- I think our secondary gets shredded unless Ware turns to 2008 form, Matt Ryan is too good for the "almost sack" that were so good at, so unless we figure out how to be disruptive and push the QB out of the pocket we'll get shredded. I was watching how the Broncos D was playing vs the Chargers and that's how a 3-4 defense is supposed to be.

Granted SD's line is in terrible shape, but let's keep in mind they don't have a Kris Jenkins or Shaun Rogers in the middle but they constantly pushed Rivers out of the pocket and attacked from all angles.

- I hope T-New decides to show up this week, because he's been showing obvious signs of decline lately, for some reason this year has kinda made me wish the whole Pacman situation didn't blow up in our face and would have worked out. If we could of actually got rid of the distraction, I think he would of improved greatly this year, hell with how long he was out of football the longer he was in would make a big improvement and give us some much needed depth.

- If we come out of a bye week, and look unprepared, sloppy, with turnovers and penalties, eventually Wade has got to take some responsibility for that. It's been my biggest pet peeve about this team in recent years and will be completely in excusable if we come out and play that way, win or lose.

- I think Atlanta wins this game, I think their a better team right now, with a better QB who is playing better and they present alot of matchup problems with the way our defense has been playing....I definately think it will be close because we'll do what we have to do, but in the 4th quarter I expect them to take over at some point.

27-21 Atlanta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2009, 11:52 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An interesting thing to note is that the Falcons are going to be playing two teams coming off byes back to back with the Cowboys this week, and the Bears last week. The only team to win two straight in that situation was San Diego in recent years. I forgot what year they did it in, but the point is that it's very hard to beat teams coming off byes. That doesn't mean that the Cowboys will automatically win, but it's something worth noting.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 12:12 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I was going to say I wanted to see less penalties this week, but that seems a bit redundant and pointless now a days. So I'm going to go with using less timeouts because we were lined up incorrectly. I don't think that's to much to ask.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 01:37 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
- Interested to see the first game Austin & Roy starting together. Who does Romo look to more? Who plays better? Roy is still hobbled a bit so you can't decide it all this week, but it's still going to be interesting to watch.
I hope we start to use Roy properly. We need him to work the middle of the field like TO used to do. Slant routes and let him run after the catch. He can brake tackles and even if he does't have top speed he can run.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:14 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Three things about this game which I think will define the rest of the season for us ...

1A. How will Garrett use Romo?

1B. Who does Romo lean on more? Austin or RW?

2. Will Meatball and Campo have their pass defense fixed? Specifically, are we a man team or a zone team Meatball?

Atl presents some challenges without the possibility of overwhelming us IMHO. A game to define what we are and how prepared the players are.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per DMN FREE blog .... "Last year, the Cowboys spent more than $70 million in bonus money to players before or during last season, like Flozell Adams ($13 million) Terrell Owens ($12.9 million), Terence Newman ($12 million), Marion Barber ($12 million), Roy Williams ($10 million), Ken Hamlin ($9 million), Marc Colombo ($8.1 million) and Zach Thomas ($1 million)"

Now that is one stupid GM. At least, Cinicinnati is cheap all around and Al is simply senile.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Three things about this game which I think will define the rest of the season for us ...

1A. How will Garrett use Romo?

1B. Who does Romo lean on more? Austin or RW?

2. Will Meatball and Campo have their pass defense fixed? Specifically, are we a man team or a zone team Meatball?

Atl presents some challenges without the possibility of overwhelming us IMHO. A game to define what we are and how prepared the players are.
I completely agree. I've been telling people all week that a win legitimizes us as a team that will be in playoff contention at the end of the season. A loss would steal all that energy I had last week and make us look like an average 7-9/8-8 team.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:41 AM    (permalink
Falcon<3
Rookie

Falcon<3 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I'm betting this will be another nail biter to the end. Dallas has had those kinds of games all season long. We usually play to the pace of our competition rather than dictate the pace ourselves. Being at home makes it seem like there is a better chance for us to win... and we need every advantage we can get against a hot team like yours.

What's better? Your run defense or your pass defense?
Lately it seems our run defense is better, I guess it would have to be our corners don't do a really good job and our pass rush hasn't been consistent at all. Our Safety play has actually been really good which is a big plus for us, but our defense just sucks at giving up yards, but is good at preventing big plays and redzone touchdowns. It's really annoying as someone who wants us to have a good defense. But I guess all that matters is we're keeping teams out of the endzone.
Falcon<3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
I hope we start to use Roy properly. We need him to work the middle of the field like TO used to do. Slant routes and let him run after the catch. He can brake tackles and even if he does't have top speed he can run.
Exactly, sometimes we don't even give him those chances to make plays. He's lived by the slant for a long time, just get him the ball in man to man and try to make a play after the catch. He can move the chains for us and also make some big plays, if we can figure out how to mix in Austin on the deep routes to open up things underneath we may be onto something.

Still, I'm losing more and more faith in Garrett as the season goes on. We'll probably play Barber at 70% more then Choice, and then a few times when we get an easy 3rd and 1, or goal line situation, we'll end up trying to go 5 wide and trying to throw the ball.

This is certainly a week I hope I'm wrong, I'll really like our chances this year as well if we can beat ATL, but again it's going to come down to the 4th quarter.

Quote:
Old 10-24-2009, 03:24 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Exactly, sometimes we don't even give him those chances to make plays. He's lived by the slant for a long time, just get him the ball in man to man and try to make a play after the catch. He can move the chains for us and also make some big plays, if we can figure out how to mix in Austin on the deep routes to open up things underneath we may be onto something.

Still, I'm losing more and more faith in Garrett as the season goes on. We'll probably play Barber at 70% more then Choice, and then a few times when we get an easy 3rd and 1, or goal line situation, we'll end up trying to go 5 wide and trying to throw the ball.

This is certainly a week I hope I'm wrong, I'll really like our chances this year as well if we can beat ATL, but again it's going to come down to the 4th quarter.

we said this about T.O. for 3 years and it never happened. It just isn't that type of offense. Roy is going to have to change his game.
Old 10-24-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
we said this about T.O. for 3 years and it never happened. It just isn't that type of offense. Roy is going to have to change his game.
Why did we trade all that for a guy who has to make changes to his game? What we gave up would indicate an elite level player, not a square peg for our round hole. I would love it if Roy Williams could just fill our hole.

Or alternatively, I would love it if we had an OC who could call plays that lets the talent available do what they do the best. But hey - It's probably easier for a veteran wideout to just change what he does, instead of changing something an in-over-his-head coordinator does schematically.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Why did we trade all that for a guy who has to make changes to his game? What we gave up would indicate an elite level player, not a square peg for our round hole. I would love it if Roy Williams could just fill our hole.

Or alternatively, I would love it if we had an OC who could call plays that lets the talent available do what they do the best. But hey - It's probably easier for a veteran wideout to just change what he does, instead of changing something an in-over-his-head coordinator does schematically.
Well you know my stance on that.... We shouldn't of traded for him in the first place..

annnnd we should of called slants for T.O. just to get the ball into his hands, just like we should for roy. We should have more 3 step drops. Unfortunately we dont.

As rob has pointed out -- maybe romo isn't accurate enough to run a quick pass scheme.
Old 10-24-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Just a quick question- does anyone have any idea what happened to Ware this season? I know he got banged up, but even at the start he seemed nonexsistent. Was Greg Ellis better than most gave him credit for?

An I have no idea why Spencer has started so long in front of the rook. I think he has earned more playing time.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Just a quick question- does anyone have any idea what happened to Ware this season? I know he got banged up, but even at the start he seemed nonexsistent. Was Greg Ellis better than most gave him credit for?

An I have no idea why Spencer has started so long in front of the rook. I think he has earned more playing time.
He's said he's been playing with the same injury for the last 3 weeks. Take it for what it's worth. Damn glad he's on our team.

Greg is better than Spencer though. A Pro Bowl vet versus a first year starter... makes sense. no?
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2009, 09:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Well you know my stance on that.... We shouldn't of traded for him in the first place..

annnnd we should of called slants for T.O. just to get the ball into his hands, just like we should for roy. We should have more 3 step drops. Unfortunately we dont.

As rob has pointed out -- maybe romo isn't accurate enough to run a quick pass scheme.
I haven't seen a quick pass scheme. I've seen quick passes, but not a quick scheme design.

Out of curiosity, do you think TO is just in a bad situation? Or is it age? Cause he's pretty much nothing these days. If you think he's still got gas, does that mean TO relied on Romo and the gang more than some want to admit? I really doubt he would've still commanded double teams this year like he did last year. I'm not even mad at losing him considering how worthless he has looked this year.

I think we're going to be better in the long run and you're not giving the team a fair chance to adjust to losing a guy that drew double coverage his way. But the way we've looked so far definitely gives you the upper hand right now to complain. So yeah, go for it with gusto all you want. I just think you'll stop complaining once things start clicking.
Old 10-25-2009, 12:28 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ware has a broken foot, which explains a lot.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 02:22 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Was it broken at the bennining of the year? I thought he was healthy the first few games.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:11 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Was it broken at the bennining of the year? I thought he was healthy the first few games.
Guess he really wanted to play. Wouldn't look good to miss games in the beginning of your contract year.
Old 10-25-2009, 03:23 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

Ohhh, I didnt realize it was broken to start off the year. Now I feel stupid.

Old 10-25-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

This is a pretty interesting rumor:

Quote:
Per John Czarnecki, if Titans owner Bud Adams decides to fire coach Jeff Fisher, he would be a top candidate to replace Wade Phillips in Dallas.
Dallas is sitting at 3-2 before today's matchup in Atlanta. Cowboys owner Jerry Jones, though, has said several times that Phillips will not be fired in-season, but if the team doesn't make the playoffs it would be a safe bet that his 2010 option won't be picked up. Fisher would be a hot commodity in the offseason if he does get let go.
Source: FoxSports.com

Out of all pre available coaches Fisher tops my list, he's exactly what we need here. Now I don't know if the defense would change or not, but whatever, Fisher embodies everything I desire in a HC.

Quote:
Old 10-25-2009, 11:22 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont know if you remember from a few years ago or not, but Fisher was always rumored to go to Dallas back then. I'm a fan.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
This is a pretty interesting rumor:

Out of all pre available coaches Fisher tops my list, he's exactly what we need here. Now I don't know if the defense would change or not, but whatever, Fisher embodies everything I desire in a HC.
I always thought getting Fisher was too unrealistic. I'd be thrilled with him as our HC! He's a USC guy to boot. Woot!

I'd even be ok with going back to the 4-3. But it would have to be Fisher's strong desire and Jerry would have to give him an 8 year deal or something. There would have to be serious signs of a real commitment and not just a summer fling type of deal.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldn't mind going back to a 4-3 either, but i just hope it looks nothing like what Tennessee has been showing recently, and by recently i mean before this year. Those defenses just could not pressure the passer.
Old 10-25-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

... Sidney Rice is already 5x the WR that Roy Williams is.

Too bad .... oh, Modano!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2009, 06:40 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
... Sidney Rice is already 5x the WR that Roy Williams is.

Too bad .... oh, Modano!!!!!!!!
You're so childish. Are you gonna come back with that argument every time he has a good game?

P.S.: Today sure it looks like the only good player we've drafted in the last three years is a kicker :)

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote