Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-25-2009, 07:51 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need more Cowboys fans to apply for the Forum Mock!
Old 10-25-2009, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I haven't seen a quick pass scheme. I've seen quick passes, but not a quick scheme design.

Out of curiosity, do you think TO is just in a bad situation? Or is it age? Cause he's pretty much nothing these days. If you think he's still got gas, does that mean TO relied on Romo and the gang more than some want to admit? I really doubt he would've still commanded double teams this year like he did last year. I'm not even mad at losing him considering how worthless he has looked this year.

I think we're going to be better in the long run and you're not giving the team a fair chance to adjust to losing a guy that drew double coverage his way. But the way we've looked so far definitely gives you the upper hand right now to complain. So yeah, go for it with gusto all you want. I just think you'll stop complaining once things start clicking.
Trent Edwards is terrible. Check down queen. He's killing Owens and Lee Evans.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
We need more Cowboys fans to apply for the Forum Mock!

I want to see Bob do it!!!!!!!!!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If AZ holds on 2nite were sitting pretty in our division. Still have a long way to go, but a good position to be in at least.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I've always liked that Antrelle Rolle :)
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2009, 10:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
I've always liked that Antrelle Rolle :)
Amen. I wish he was playing for us. Can't ever go wrong with players from the U.

Bring on Allen Bailey!
Old 10-26-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
Trent Edwards is terrible. Check down queen. He's killing Owens and Lee Evans.
Owens sucks donkey nutz.

Washed up old hag.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:16 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I want to see Bob do it!!!!!!!!!
Not CFB deep. But I am the worlds greatest evaluator of football talent. All I need to see is a few isolation plays and I'll tell ya.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:22 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

My Game Notes

1. We won the TO battle. It showed in the final score.
2. Miles Austin beeyotch.... He still needs to play smarter tho.
3. Romo's mechanics were the best I have seen in awhile.
4. D played OK. Made some dumb mistakes like not being set on the last TD.
5. OL, god, they do suck mentally. I think we need to set and snap the ball much faster once setting. I think these fat slobs have trouble keeping balance in the squat.
6. TNew is just not very good right now. Made a few good plays but really got tossed pretty badly on a few too.
7. We are Cover 1 Team. I hope we play it more often. We seem to be more aggresive getting to the ball and it puts Sensabaugh in a position to use his athletics.
8. Ware is playing better. I LOVED his inside move. Charles Haley-ish -- give me more of that.
9. Flo sucks donkey nutz
10. Choice in the passing game. Nice.
11. Bennett made some big plays for us. Nice.
Old 10-26-2009, 07:25 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin is absolutely killing that comeback route, he's scored on it 2 weeks in a row now, and ever since the Denver game you can tell they have worked on it.

He made Roy(and has been the past 2 weeks) making Roy look pretty ordinary, so we'll see how it turns out but it looks like he's our #1 WR and I can't deny what I'm seeing on the field. Austin has been making catches and running away from guys at a pretty high rate, it's not like he's just always wide open when he catches it. That, and he's getting some pretty good seperation from the DB's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:25 AM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Austin is absolutely killing that comeback route, he's scored on it 2 weeks in a row now, and ever since the Denver game you can tell they have worked on it.

He made Roy(and has been the past 2 weeks) making Roy look pretty ordinary, so we'll see how it turns out but it looks like he's our #1 WR and I can't deny what I'm seeing on the field. Austin has been making catches and running away from guys at a pretty high rate, it's not like he's just always wide open when he catches it. That, and he's getting some pretty good seperation from the DB's.
Can't help but thnk Roy should have sat another week. He still looked hurt to me. At least, I hope that's what it is.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:29 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The brewpub owner wouldn't put the Cowboys game on the big screen where the few patrons were treated to ugliest retro unis ever in Buffalo, ugghh. So I made do with NFL Red Zone & gleaned this:
  • Roy Williams sighting! Nice.
  • Romo with the ice pack, got neck whacked
  • Jenkins gets the INT! Oh wait.... traded turnovers with Atlanta. !#$%&* that won't help his avg.
  • Demarcus Ware sighting, nice strip of Ryan! Dallas recovers!
  • Hate to admit the Fox pregame analysts were right, but Atlanta can't stop the run or even cover the deep ball........ Especially to Miles Austin, this guy gets separation like Steve Smith, maybe better. Voters marking name of Cowboy receiver same as capital of Texas on Pro Bowl ballots even as we blog
  • Dr. Jekyll side of Romo showed up today, not Mr. Hyde. Excellent clock mgmt. at end of 1st half, squeezed points out & left the home team no chance. 3 TDs & no INTs
  • Is Leonard Davis the reincarnation of Nate Newton?
  • Dallas killing on the LOS on both sides of the ball, Ryan has no time to look, rolls out on 3rd step, looks scared shitless, 4 sacks total, 2 fumbles, only 2 sacks prior to today all season
  • Brooking Atlanta homecoming making them pay, sacked Ryan
  • 73-yd. punt return for Crayton! ! Lighting up Hot Lanta!

******* hate NFL Red Zone, can't follow any single game.

Great win, slipping back to .500 wouldve demoralized the whole team & rekindled the Fire Phillips rumors.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:25 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade is giving the team off Monday. After all those penalties, do you think Belichick is giving a team of his Monday off? To me this is the difference between JAGs like Wade and elite coaches like Belichick.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:31 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Who was the announcer with Troy? He kept saying how Romo wasn't known for mobility. WTF is the deal with that guy.
Old 10-26-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't like him giving the team off today. Good lord Wade! They just won in the fashion that we've all been hoping for. You can't reward them right now, because they haven't done **** but what they've been capable of. He needs to be on their asses right now about staying consistent. A day off just sounds like they're getting rewarded to me.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 12:34 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Who was the announcer with Troy? He kept saying how Romo wasn't known for mobility. WTF is the deal with that guy.
Hmm... Brannham...Brennham.. something like that :D

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1...sion-with-Ware
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 03:04 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Nice. One less things to worry about.
Old 10-26-2009, 03:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Cheap .
Old 10-26-2009, 03:54 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cheap .
Of course I'm biased, but I feel Ware was worth more than Haynesworth. It shows me that it's not just a money thing for him. He seems to be a very high character guy. I'm glad he's locked in.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:09 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Cheap .
I hope you are kidding.

Too many years for a 27 year old.

TNew II.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Good news on Ware.

I've been thinking on something. I'm not hating on RW. I'm just wondering if this staff has the you know what to make him a 'healthy scratch' (they could use the ribs excuse) for a game or two and give Hurd and Ogletree more snaps. One thing that is very noticeable is that RW does not run crisp routes like the other guys. There is lots and lots of talk about how much they really like Ogletree - runs good routes, catches everything, decent speed...

If you remember some late pre-season reps, Romo went to him several times. I think he and Romo could build a rapor very quickly because Romo can trust that he's going to be where he is supposed to be. I think that's the biggest issue with Romo and RW is that Romo can't trust that he's going to be where he needs to be.

Would they even entertain the idea of doing that?

Wouldn't it be something if next year we're sitting here with our top 3 WRs being - Austin (RFA) Crayton (7th rounder) and Ogletree (RFA)!

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
I hope you are kidding.

Too many years for a 27 year old.

TNew II.
Greg Ellis is 34. Strahan retired at 36.
Old 10-26-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How much better does Sensy make this secondary? Wow, great game by him.

I say we resign him and drop Ken H. in the offseason and see what Mi. Hamlin can do.

I've been telling you guys that our biggest glaring weakness the last couple of years has been poor safety play. What a difference quality safety play makes!

In fact, I don't think it's any coinscidence that Hamlin had a better more active game yesterday knowing that Sensy was taking care of his responsiblities.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 04:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
How much better does Sensy make this secondary? Wow, great game by him.

I say we resign him and drop Ken H. in the offseason and see what Mi. Hamlin can do.

I've been telling you guys that our biggest glaring weakness the last couple of years has been poor safety play. What a difference quality safety play makes!

In fact, I don't think it's any coinscidence that Hamlin had a better more active game yesterday knowing that Sensy was taking care of his responsiblities.
I wanna see more than 1 game before I get silly whipped.