Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 10-26-2009, 04:53 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I wanna see more than 1 game before I get silly whipped.
I agree with D, let's see Sensabaugh string together several good games.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:23 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hell yes Ware is worth a lot more than Haynesworth.

Haynesworth simply signed with a team owned by a guy who throws guaranteed $ around like juju beads at Mardi Gras, hasnt bought himself a Lombardi Trophy yet has it? Maybe Haynesworth has retired on the job, the rest of the Redskins seems to have done that this yr.

Quote:
Wade is giving the team off Monday. After all those penalties, do you think Belichick is giving a team of his Monday off? To me this is the difference between JAGs like Wade and elite coaches like Belichick.
That tells me that Wade Phillips isn't a very popular coach on his own team, he's trying to curry favor.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anybody else rooting for the Deadskins? Didnt they sweep the Iggles last year? I suppose if the Raiders can beat them, the Skins have a shot. As for yesterday, that was a complete win. Offense Defense and ST. Still need to cut out the stupid penaltys but overall a great win.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
quincyyyyy
Rookie

quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy quincyyyyy

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Of course I'm biased, but I feel Ware was worth more than Haynesworth. It shows me that it's not just a money thing for him. He seems to be a very high character guy. I'm glad he's locked in.
Haynesworth won't see most of that.
quincyyyyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Little known fact:

Heading into this season, Romo career high in a season for games without an INT was 3.

Yes, 3.

This season, he already has 4 games without a pick, and would have 5 if Austin hadn't hung him out to dry in Denver and given Champ a chance to make (an admittedly incredible) interception that prevented a score.

Also, in 6 games we've seen him get hit and fumble in the pocket exactly once.

Methinks his ball security issues have been addressed. Let's hope he can keep it up.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

But wait! Bob calls him "Tony Turnover" ...and he's ALWAYS right! Plus, he wants us to trade up for a QB!!!

I'm glad I never gave up on Romo when a lot of people did... and still do.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we can thank the slow start for Ware's contract. That's much cheaper than anyway thought it would be. I was thinking triple figures and anywhere from $5-$10 million more in guaranteed money. That's a great deal for us.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 06:46 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Little known fact:

Heading into this season, Romo career high in a season for games without an INT was 3.

Yes, 3.

This season, he already has 4 games without a pick, and would have 5 if Austin hadn't hung him out to dry in Denver and given Champ a chance to make (an admittedly incredible) interception that prevented a score.

Also, in 6 games we've seen him get hit and fumble in the pocket exactly once.

Methinks his ball security issues have been addressed. Let's hope he can keep it up.
Yeah I brought that up yesterday. Tis an interesting statistic. Tony is def. improved here atleast. Lets see if he can keep it up with him being less tentative with the ball. There was a time this year where he was checking down too much and almost avoiding receivers...but in the last two games he's been chucking it downfield with confidence. You gotta love what we've seen from Romo lately. He's on point and he looks like himself again...better even.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 07:11 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D, I have been watching football since before most here were hanging in their daddy's sack. I know meez some footsballz.

One good game and already crowning him again? Here is a stat ...... one win versus a quality team.

But, heck, I love Tony Turnover when he does not flake and I already repeatedly said yesterday was BY FAR his best game because his mechanics were so good.

So ....

Last edited by herniateddisc : 10-26-2009 at 07:17 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 08:08 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
3. Romo's mechanics were the best I have seen in awhile.
The ESPN breakdown of the 45-yd td was on how they used the bye wk. to rehearse, & it really showed in his release. He & Austin had chemistry & clicked on that play. One second the safety had position, the next thing he knew the ball went over his head to Austin all alone -- What impressed me was when they showed it in slo-mo then in realtime, Romo's release was freaky quick.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 04:13 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah I brought that up yesterday. Tis an interesting statistic. Tony is def. improved here atleast. Lets see if he can keep it up with him being less tentative with the ball. There was a time this year where he was checking down too much and almost avoiding receivers...but in the last two games he's been chucking it downfield with confidence. You gotta love what we've seen from Romo lately. He's on point and he looks like himself again...better even.
Romo is what he is and you can't change him. He's never gonna be Tom Brady, his game is all about taking chances and being reckless. If he's forced to be captain checkdown he sucks, if he can play to his style he's effective. Yes, sometimes he gets a little too reckless but you gotta take the good with the bad because, honestly, it's worth it.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:15 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Romo is what he is and you can't change him. He's never gonna be Tom Brady, his game is all about taking chances and being reckless. If he's forced to be captain checkdown he sucks, if he can play to his style he's effective. Yes, sometimes he gets a little too reckless but you gotta take the good with the bad because, honestly, it's worth it.
False strawman alert ..... Aisle 1!

So unless he is comiting turnovers and playing stupid football, he must throw JaMarcus Russell check downs?

I think what Tony needs to do is when he does not see a receiver just run and take the lumps.

When he runs for first downs he tends to be more successful throwing because

a) LB need to step up
b) DL are not as aggresive in the pass rush
c) Gives him better passing lanes and cleaner pocket
d) His mechanics are better and as a result he throws with more accuracy and zip

But to say he needs to be playing like that 2nd quarter whirling dervish to be successful is silly. That is a low prob play which nets TO more than anything else.
Old 10-27-2009, 08:19 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

After watching Jason Campbell last night it's so funny that some of our fans are calling for Romo's head. Romo definately needed to show he could take care of the football, but there are alot of teams without a QB what so ever, we need to realize we have one so the most we can do is draft a future QB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 11:36 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
After watching Jason Campbell last night it's so funny that some of our fans are calling for Romo's head. Romo definately needed to show he could take care of the football, but there are alot of teams without a QB what so ever, we need to realize we have one so the most we can do is draft a future QB.
Attribute that to the knee jerk reactions of us Cowboy fans. Romo plays great in two games, and now he's oh so awesome again. If he plays bad next week people will be wondering why Jerry hasn't cut him already. Like I've said before, Quincy, Chutch, Vinny, and Bledsoe(he did have one good year though).

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 01:19 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post

But to say he needs to be playing like that 2nd quarter whirling dervish to be successful is silly. That is a low prob play which nets TO more than anything else.
I'm not saying that he needs to turn the ball over in order to be successfull. I'm saying that he plays at his best when he improvises and takes chances. Yes, it will lead to some turnover, but it will also lead to a very good passing offense, just like in 2007. Romo is not a conventional pocket passer and we can't force him to be what he's not. He's more like Brett Favre and he needs to play up to his strenghts.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
I'm not saying that he needs to turn the ball over in order to be successfull.
Oh, dear neither am I. But what you are saying is he needs to play more reckless to be effective and I think that is silly.

Quote:
I'm saying that he plays at his best when he improvises and takes chances. Yes, it will lead to some turnover, but it will also lead to a very good passing offense, just like in 2007. Romo is not a conventional pocket passer and we can't force him to be what he's not. He's more like Brett Favre and he needs to play up to his strenghts.
Again, what Tony /OL needs to do is

a) Work weekly on proper mechanics in the pocket
b) Run when he is in trouble
c) Step up more often into the seems of the pocket and get momentum onto his office balance throws
d) Get the OL to create classic U cut pocket by making the Guard hold firm at the POA and use RB to cover the empty seems -- especially on the classic Zampese routes like the slant in, Out and seem routes.
e) Get his WR to run more crossing routes even if it takes time to develop -- letting TR move his feet to get time.

He clearly has trouble seeing over his OL and he clearly needs 2 yards in front of his feet to throw with zip. No Carson Palmer here.
Old 10-27-2009, 02:13 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How about throwing the ball away when nothing is there? You don't see him do that very much. A very underrated talent.

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:33 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
How about throwing the ball away when nothing is there? You don't see him do that very much. A very underrated talent.
U r correct. Just sprint outside the hash and fling it into the stands.
Old 10-27-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
I feel if you ask Romo to do that that you'll end up taking away what makes him so dynamic/good.
Old 10-27-2009, 05:41 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If anyone starts relaxing and thinking we are out of the woods or that our ridiculous struggles are a thing of the past, they are out of their mind. We all knew that this team was capable of a performance like that. Really, they are capable of a much better one. That's a damned good Falcons team we beat, and we beat them quite easily in a game where we had a healthy portion of mistakes, stupid penalties and mental miscues. I like to see us enforce our will on a team like that, but I don't think for a second that our turbulence is over.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 05:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
If anyone starts relaxing and thinking we are out of the woods or that our ridiculous struggles are a thing of the past, they are out of their mind. We all knew that this team was capable of a performance like that. Really, they are capable of a much better one. That's a damned good Falcons team we beat, and we beat them quite easily in a game where we had a healthy portion of mistakes, stupid penalties and mental miscues. I like to see us enforce our will on a team like that, but I don't think for a second that our turbulence is over.
Out of curiosity do any of my posts give you that impression? IMO, we're not out of the woods until we win the damn Super Bowl.
Old 10-27-2009, 10:52 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Attribute that to the knee jerk reactions of us Cowboy fans. Romo plays great in two games, and now he's oh so awesome again. If he plays bad next week people will be wondering why Jerry hasn't cut him already. Like I've said before, Quincy, Chutch, Vinny, and Bledsoe(he did have one good year though).
Yea but that's the whole point, he's played great for more then 2 games, he has a body of work that goes far and beyond 2 good games, yet it only takes one bad game to throw that away for some fans.

Romo has consistently played well, his bad can just get terrible at times...I actually read a great piece discussing some of that earlier today:

Quote:
* I think I have gone long enough without mentioning the Romo Touchdown pass at the end of the half to Patrick Crayton. You know, the Cowboys had no timeouts left, and many of you have pointed out that if Romo is sacked during that absurd play that the half ends, and the Cowboys have wasted a scoring opportunity in the worst fashion possible – carelessness. Romo made one of the most remarkable plays you will ever see a QB make, but in order to do so, he had to flirt with disaster. Just like the play he pulled out of his hat in Denver on 4th and 3 when Sam Hurd had the catch and run for 53 yards, there is no way you plan things like that. That is just that QB’s instinctive ability to make something up as he goes. And it worked. And you loved it. But, what if it didn’t work? Would you still love the effort? See, that is the definition of the pressure a QB for the Cowboys lives with. In each play, he is asked to weigh the possibility of success with the consequences of failure – while guys are trying to break his neck. And if, as a Dallas fan, all you want is the successes without any of the failures, you may ask the impossible. I guess my point here is that if you appreciate and enjoy the miracle play he pulled out yesterday and the play in Denver and the countless other absurd plays (the scramble against the Rams ‘07, the TD to Tony Curtis without seeing him at the Meadowlands ‘07, the crazy TD against the Steelers ‘08, etc) then you have to be willing to take some of the bad that goes with it. My advice is to appreciate having a QB that can pull rabbits out of hats rather than trying to change him into Trent Dilfer. But, then again, it is easy to say that the morning after he has a QB rating of 140.
http://insidecorner.dmagazine.com/20...21/#more-17973

That's a great way of looking at things. How many Cowboy fans kill him for that play if he gets sacked? Yet everyone loves it about him when it works out, and you can't have it both ways. He takes those risk, we all love when he does it, but you have people who want to hang him when it doesn't work out so well.

Romo has got to prove he can play at this high of a level, in December, and the playoffs, to cement his legacy as our QB no doubt about it. But his resume speaks for itself, and it's pretty ridiculous that people were calling for his head knowing how impressive he has been over his entire career here.

I mean seriously, he's breaking franchise records for the QB position(keep in mind who we have had at QB), he didn't start playing until he was 26 years old, and he's only had 3 full seasons and some change to accomplish those feats.

Anyone asking for much more then that(other then the turnovers which he has proved he has been putting more effort into) is just being unrealistic with themselves....Stats aren't the be all end all of the conversation, but you can't ignore what he's done in that little amount of time.

Quote:
Old 10-27-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:

Wade Phillips needs to be sending this message, but unfortunately I don't get the feeling he is.

After the game he seemed way too excited, as if it was more important then it was. Instead of looking pissed about all the penalties and saying we can do better, he praises everything and everyone who had on a jersey about how well they did and gave them a day off.

Nothing we can really do about that now, I certainly don't agree with his style, or him as coach, I just hope we can right the ship to win a playoff game...Anything more would be unexpected, we still play good but the turnovers and penalties kill you in the playoffs, and we know for a fact we do both of those at an incredibly high rate.

It's one thing for us to be feeling the team too much, that doesn't hurt anything. But if Wade is giving off that message that we achieved something when we really didn't we'll just end up getting embarassed once again with the playoffs in front of us.

I'm calling this season a success with a playoff victory, I think we need to get that monkey off our back before trying to move forward. I really don't see Wade winning a super bowl, we never do the little things right that SB winners do, but we can and should make a nice run still.

I can't remember very many, if any, super bowl teams who committed alot of penalties week in and out.

Quote:
Old 10-28-2009, 09:36 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Need to have the eye of the tiger right now.

There constantly needs to be that sense of urgency. Not sense of "emergency", but sense of urgency.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2009, 10:49 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Guys it's ok... Tony Touchdown will lead the team even if the coaching staff won't.