Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-03-2009, 03:55 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wouldnt say that yet. It's early, but he's off to a fantastic start. This week could be a good barometer, he still hasnt seen a really good corner yet. We played two horrible secondaries and then he spent a lot of time with a very rusty Marcus Trufant. He's shown enough that, I do have confidence in him. I just dont know how much of a drop off we'll see when he starts to see those better defenders.

Barring injury, he's going to be just fine.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-03-2009 at 03:57 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We also haven't seen him double covered with defenses planning to stop him.

I think it's absolutely awesome to see him perform the way he has the last few weeks. But I think it's premature to crown him the way he's been crowned at the same time.

He has the rest of the year and all the opportunity in the world to show how legitimate he can be. Greatest story of the year for Cowboys fans so far. Let's hope he has continued success.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post

I think it's absolutely awesome to see him perform the way he has the last few weeks. But I think it's premature to crown him the way he's been crowned at the same time.

He has the rest of the year and all the opportunity in the world to show how legitimate he can be. Greatest story of the year for Cowboys fans so far. Let's hope he has continued success.
True, he was only double covered at most two times against Seattle. It's bound to come if he keeps producing and Williams keeps on sucking on the other side. I do agree, too early to crown him but, we're all loving it right now. Hopefully, it does indeed continue.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-03-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

If Miles Austin starts to see double coverage, that would be one of the best things to happen to this team since T.O.'s departure. I think Witten needs some of the pressure taken off.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 04:40 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Sheldon Brown vs. Miles Austin should be a fun battle to watch.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:21 PM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
We need to press DeSean at the line harddddddddd and keep safety help over-the-top with Cover 1. Literally tell Hamlin (don't bother playing the run).

I don't think Philly has the patience to simply run for 200 yards. Reid is pass happy.

Also, I would overload either Tackle with blitzes forcing when they go 3 WR or if they split the TE -- force the Rookie RB or Weaver to block or get McNabb killed. Another option is play 1 MLB, move the SS into the box, play 3 OLB and constantly overload one side. Their tackles can't handle it and I think we have a major speed advantage on the edge.

This Philly team is pass happy and Philly gets most of its damage in the 3 WR sets on fairly deep drops. So kill the QB is the way to go b/c I don't think we can stay with their guys for more than 2 seconds.

I expect lots of blitz 5/6 almost all day with Cover 1.
Don't you think people have tried to jam DeSean? Because they have and he burns them. Please try that.

And your going to blitz a lot and double DeSean? Well, if the Cowboys come out with that as their strategy they will be burned to a crisp. Tampa Bay doubled DeSean all game and Jeremy Maclin destroyed them for 142 yards and 2 touchdowns. And you're going to blitz that many all game? Please do because not only would that open up the screen game, but Celek and Avant have no trouble finding a spot to sit down in against the blitz and that would leave your corners one on one with Jeremy Maclin and DeSean Jackson.

You can't beat the Eagles simply by blitzing, the Giants blitzed all day and they were thoroughly destroyed. The problem with that as I already said is that it would make screen plays more effective and the Eagles are one of the best screen teams in the NFL with Westbrook, Shady, Weaver, DeSean and Maclin. Throw in reliable slot WR Jason Avant, who is a great blitz buster, and it's hard to know how to defend the Eagles. Do you blitz to get pressure and (hopefully) take away the deep ball? Not when McCoy, Maclin and Jackson have gained yards after the catch so well and Celek and Avant can sit down in open spaces. So do you play coverage, dropping seven or eight? Even with safety help, Jackson is lethal. And McNabb has shown that he is very effective historically when he has his feet set and time to throw.

And I like how your plan is to use cover one on DeSean all game, again that opens up the field for Maclin, Celek and any other person the Eagles decide to throw in. AND I have watched every single Eagles game and I can tell you that over the top safety help has done very little to stop DeSean, his touchdowns against the Saints, Chiefs and Giants have all come with safety help. And go ahead and try and double him, he is the best punt returner in the NFL and he is incredibly dangerous when handed the ball.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur
I certainly didn't mean to imply that your D isn't good becasue I think they are a good defense.

I say this more because I just had a very high opinion of Dawkins and Johnson. Dallas' offense really seems to be in a good groove. Our OL looks like it did in 07, which was dominate. As long as we keep this game close going into the 4th, I think we pull away. Our size and power can take over the game as long as it's not like our game up there last year.
I'm not trying to say thethe Dallas line is bad, but the Eagles certainly have the depth and talent to play with them all game. On the inside the Eagles have the best rotation in the NFL with the rotation of Bunkley, Patterson, Laws and Dixon who collectively have allowed only 2.94 yards per carry up the middle. Also do not underestimate Antonio Dixon, I know that sounds very homer but he is finally scratching his potential and he is a great situational NT who is actually getting some push up the middle, he is 6'2" and 320 pounds and he certainly eats up space and he actually had a sack on Eli last week, very talented young player who struggled in Miami. And on the outside there is Trent Cole, Chris Clemons, Victor Abiamiri, Darren Howard, Jaqua Parker and Jason Babin all of who have played well enough to get pressure from the left side, Trent Cole plays almost every snap at RE and the Eagles rotate the other 5 at LE. Sean McDermott is very committed to his rotation on the defensive line, so I don't think fatigue down the stretch will matter much.

Don't take that post as me hating on the Cowboys, because the Cowboys are a very good team that is capable of beating the Eagles, but there are definitely some misconceptions about the Eagles. Should be a great game to watch and it should come down to the wire.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Desean runs those deep routes so precisely, that it's extremely tough to stop him, regardless of what you do. But in addition to that, the Eagles do a wonderful job of baiting the S with another option. Defensive confusion is common on those deep plays to Desean. It seems like he is always open deep. You just have to play smart and try to stay at home. It's going to be tough....especially with someone like Hamlin back there who can be easily confused at times or Sensabaugh, who is a very good cover guy, but no stranger to gambling or being baited in. I'd just love to see Mike shadow him for this entire game and just hope for the best with the safeties.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-03-2009, 05:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we will see a lot of blitz. But it will be more of a disguised rush rather than a overload win one on one situations with the back.

Dallas does drop Ratliff into coverage. I think we will see this a handful of times on Sunday night.

I also think we will see Spencer and Ware in coverage more so than we anticipate. This is how the cowboys will get pressure...guys like Carpenter/James/Brooking are going to be the difference makers in the pass rush.

Everyone and their mother knows that Peters vs. Ware is going to be a tell tale matchup for this game..and I think Ware get's one sack...but unless Ware is out of his world...I think this game is won with disguise not winning one on one situations when getting pressure on McNabb.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You guys see we lost Mike Mickens to the Bucs? I can honestly say, I do not care at all. Loved him in college but, he was just horrible for us.

Should have drafted Cap Munnerlyn, instead of pretty much wasting picks on half of the Bearcats secondary. Easy to say in hindsight but, I'm still a little mad that we didnt get the Captain.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-03-2009 at 05:37 PM.
Old 11-03-2009, 05:51 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Austin had over-the-top safety help all day versus Seattle. They played bracket coverage which is why most of his bigger plays where in the middle of the field..... that is what a true #1 can do. It is what needs to happen v Eagles too. Also I would look for the team to attack the safeties by running Williams into skinny post and Austin down the sidelines.

Also, Philly can not stop the blitz and expect to get big pass plays and not get McNabb killed. Sorry Thumper, not buying it.

Point being, the Eagles are not built to score using the traditional dink and dunk approach of the WCO. THey just don't pile up first downs like that. They are a big play team. Eliminate the big play and aim to destroy McNabb.

Eagles are 23rd in 1st Downs and yet scoring nearly 30 per game which is 3rd in the league????? You do that with big plays, more than a few 3 and Outs, and few turnovers.

Eagles O is all or nothing. They have 9/10 pass plays over 40 yards. Which represents nearly 35% of their point total and nearly 20% of their yards gained from scrimmage. It is basically find Maclin or Jackson 40+++ yards down field. Why did they lose to the Raiders .... only one big play and I think no points.

So again, Cover 1 and kill McNabb. If they get lots of underneath -- so be it -- but I don't think McNabb smart enuff (or pacient) to play that game. He loves the Heave-Ho approach. It is easy and gets results when a) you have time, b) safeties bite, and and c) your WR catch the ball.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-03-2009 at 06:05 PM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 05:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
You guys see we lost Mike Mickens to the Bucs? I can honestly say, I do not care at all. Loved him in college but, he was just horrible for us.

Should have drafted Cap Munnerlyn, instead of pretty much wasting picks on half of the Bearcats secondary. Easy to say in hindsight but, I'm still a little mad that we didnt get the Captain.
You have every right to let that frustration out. Our draft sucked ass. Stinky ass.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:00 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You have every right to let that frustration out. Our draft sucked ass. Stinky ass.
That can be fixed by drafting

Allen "The Sapelo Assassin" Bailey
Old 11-03-2009, 06:13 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
That can be fixed by drafting

Allen "The Sapelo Assassin" Bailey
YES INDEEEEEEED! #1 guy on my wish list right now.

I love Miami players.

They rarely fail in the NFL. ...hey that rhymes! :D

Like seriously, I don't know another school that chugs out more legitimate NFL stars. ...not counting their QBs... that is.

They always play better in the NFL than they were in college too.

I want Bailey. BAD.
Old 11-03-2009, 06:18 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
YES INDEEEEEEED! #1 guy on my wish list right now.

I love Miami players.

They rarely fail in the NFL. ...hey that rhymes! :D

Like seriously, I don't know another school that chugs out more legitimate NFL stars. ...not counting their QBs... that is.

They always play better in the NFL than they were in college too.

I want Bailey. BAD.
It's because they are all projectable. It's scary, but guys like Jon Beason and Tavares Gooden weren't even at their peak physical condition at UM.

Allen Bailey is a better athlete than both of them, he just keeps growing out of positions.

For a guy that started at MLB, moved to DE, then to DT, and now plays both positions, he produces, too. His combine numbers are going to be absolutely unreal.

He's a perfect fit for you guys.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I personally am not a HUGE bailey fan. I like him...but label me skeptical that his numbers translate to numbers in the NFL.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-03-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I personally am not a HUGE bailey fan. I like him...but label me skeptical that his numbers translate to numbers in the NFL.
okay. if you say so.
Old 11-03-2009, 07:46 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Austin had over-the-top safety help all day versus Seattle. They played bracket coverage which is why most of his bigger plays where in the middle of the field..... that is what a true #1 can do. It is what needs to happen v Eagles too. Also I would look for the team to attack the safeties by running Williams into skinny post and Austin down the sidelines.

Also, Philly can not stop the blitz and expect to get big pass plays and not get McNabb killed. Sorry Thumper, not buying it.

Point being, the Eagles are not built to score using the traditional dink and dunk approach of the WCO. THey just don't pile up first downs like that. They are a big play team. Eliminate the big play and aim to destroy McNabb.

Eagles are 23rd in 1st Downs and yet scoring nearly 30 per game which is 3rd in the league????? You do that with big plays, more than a few 3 and Outs, and few turnovers.

Eagles O is all or nothing. They have 9/10 pass plays over 40 yards. Which represents nearly 35% of their point total and nearly 20% of their yards gained from scrimmage. It is basically find Maclin or Jackson 40+++ yards down field. Why did they lose to the Raiders .... only one big play and I think no points.

So again, Cover 1 and kill McNabb. If they get lots of underneath -- so be it -- but I don't think McNabb smart enuff (or pacient) to play that game. He loves the Heave-Ho approach. It is easy and gets results when a) you have time, b) safeties bite, and and c) your WR catch the ball.
IDK why everybody is thinking Jackson has a big red S on his chest.

How did he do vs the big bad Raiders?

Remember that game? One of the badass Raiders grand total of 2 wins?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:00 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

6 catches for 94 yards, 4 punt returns for 43 yards.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
okay. if you say so.
I'd still take Derrick Morgan, Jared Crick, Jared Odrick, Vince Oghabasse over him I think. I don't see him as a Michael Johnson from last year persay, but I do question if he can dominate against elite athletes that every NFL team has on the OL. I'm just not sold.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-03-2009, 08:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I was one of those people who would have been fine to let him go to New York in exchange for the compensation. At the time, it made too much sense. Roy Williams, Crayton, Hurd/Stanback didn't seem vastly superior to Williams, Crayton, and Austin. The team has had a very poor recent history of developing wideout talent, so there was no reason to believe Austin would realize his potential. That's my story and I'm sticking to it.
I just felt losing Austin would leave us with another hole at WR, and I really didn't trust us trying to replace him in the draft, like it would of just been setting us back and going in circles. Even if Austin doesn't keep it up, he looks like he's been pretty vital to Tony performing well lately.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
IDK why everybody is thinking Jackson has a big red S on his chest.

How did he do vs the big bad Raiders?

Remember that game? One of the badass Raiders grand total of 2 wins?

Desean is good, scary good. I don't know why that's so tough to admit. He's probably not even as good as he'll get either. I'm not saying he's the best WR in the league, but I don't know why it's so hard to admit that he has alot of talent. He'll burn us if we don't key on where he is the entire game.

edit: I just read some stats on him, he's 2 50 yard TD's away from breaking the all-time NFL record for TD's over 50 yards. He's also averaging 18 yards a touch in returning, catching, and running the ball. Were only halfway in, and he's close to breaking all-time records, that's nothing to sneeze at.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 11-04-2009 at 09:40 AM.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:23 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

NFL's leading droppers

* Terrell Owens, BUF: 9
* Dwayne Bowe, KC: 7
* Mario Manningham, NYG: 6
* Santonio Holmes, PIT: 6
Old 11-04-2009, 04:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
NFL's leading droppers

* Terrell Owens, BUF: 9
* Dwayne Bowe, KC: 7
* Mario Manningham, NYG: 6
* Santonio Holmes, PIT: 6
Nice! Where is the stats from? I've been looking for a good site for stats. Especially Cornerback stats.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:35 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Desean is very good.

However, I'm not sure we have to completely shut him down to win the game.

I think Philly has shown some inconsistency with regards to moving the football. They've been pretty dependent upon the big play. Dallas has actually been pretty good at defending the big play this year.

One thing about Jackson. Many on here and other places have talked about locking Newman on him all over the field. I'm not so sure that's the best plan. I think Jenkins has passed him and frankly, Jenkins may have more 'catch up' speed than Newman does now. I'm not so sure that bracketing him with Jenkins and Hamlin is not the best plan. Lock Sensy up on Selick and let Scandrick and Newman take turns on Maclin.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2009, 04:52 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

.... is the sincerest form of flattery.
Old 11-04-2009, 04:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

True drop stats are hard to find...Roy has dropped a bunch of passes this season but, I've seen his drops range from 3 to 5 depending on the site. 5 would seem like the absolute minimum for Roy this year. There is no way in hell he's only dropped 3 this year. He had two multiple drop games this season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS