Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-05-2009, 01:22 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The only people who were bashing Austin(and I'm not sure who was in that group) were getting well ahead of themselves. The guy wasn't even drafted, and he's only going into this 4th season, I think we were on the verge of witnessing his breakout last year after his pre-season but the knee injuries held him back(similiar to Sidney Rice).

Austin had the same problems that Roddy White did to start his career, had no problems getting open what so ever, or getting seperation, he just had the dropsies, ironically once White corrected those problems he became a legit #1 WR and I saw the same problems with Austin early in his career.

Roy and Romo just look like they have alot of miscommunication going on, though I do detect a hint of jealousy with Austins performance lately, but honestly maybe that's what he needs to kick it into gear. Still I think targets & looks say alot about who a QB favors, and lately Austin has been getting the lions share of those, but we'll see if it's a change or not.

I just want Roy & Romo to be on the same page because I have faith that Roy can and will catch everything thrown close to him, but he's still going to have to show me he can take a short, or mid route catch into a huge gain the way Austin has to solidify him being the #1 WR.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 01:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I won't disagree that Roy got paid too much though.

He'll never really live up to it. I think he's better than he's being given credit for and that the on-field chemstry with Romo is lacking.

We'll know everything we need to know about our receivers after this week's match up against Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:11 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I won't disagree that Roy got paid too much though.

He'll never really live up to it. I think he's better than he's being given credit for and that the on-field chemstry with Romo is lacking.

We'll know everything we need to know about our receivers after this week's match up against Asante Samuel and Sheldon Brown.
Here's the thing. As I see it now, RW is our 3rd or 4th option behind Austin & Witten and possibly Crayton. I think RW is a hell of a 3rd option. Probably the best 3rd option in the league.

Now, everyone is going to look at what we gave up and what we are paying him, but I view that as a sunk cost. It's over; can't change it. What we have now is Austin #1, Witten #2 Crayton/RW #3 - That's a pretty solid group. Couple that with our run game and I think this offense can be special. What RW needs is to have a good game and gain his confidence back and then we can all move forward and quit talking about who's the #1. It really doesn't matter.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 02:15 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

If Romo ever gets hurt again Roy will be extremely productive as he and Kitna already have a great rapport. Roy's only good year was in 06 in Martz's system and with Kitna getting him the ball where he could be effective. I was at the last game of the season in 06 when we lost to Detroit and Kitna to Roy killed us along with Mike Furrey.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 03:01 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
If Romo ever gets hurt again Roy will be extremely productive as he and Kitna already have a great rapport. Roy's only good year was in 06 in Martz's system and with Kitna getting him the ball where he could be effective. I was at the last game of the season in 06 when we lost to Detroit and Kitna to Roy killed us along with Mike Furrey.
Let's not hope for that. Roy's talent shouldn't be a question mark at this point. His slow development with Romo should be. *cough-coaching-cough*

If the coaches had placed more emphasis on it, I think he'd be further along. Our coaching staff is continually leaving me scratching my head.
Old 11-05-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Squeaky wheel gets the oil.
Really, i don't think there's any better way to sum this up than this ^^.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

You know what bothers me more than anything about this week's match up?

The Weather in Philly.

Our team is built to win Indoors. Brooking might be our only thick skinned guy on our roster *sarcasm*. I gaurantee that he comes out wearing short sleeves. lol. Newman will be all blanketed up. haha.

Romo hasn't been a very good cold weather QB. Weird seeing as he's a Wisconsin native.
Old 11-05-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather face them in Philly now then going there in mid to late December.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:27 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You know what bothers me more than anything about this week's match up?

The Weather in Philly.

Our team is built to win Indoors. Brooking might be our only thick skinned guy on our roster *sarcasm*. I gaurantee that he comes out wearing short sleeves. lol. Newman will be all blanketed up. haha.

Romo hasn't been a very good cold weather QB. Weird seeing as he's a Wisconsin native.
Yeah Brooking from Georgia who played college fb in Georgia and spent most of his pro career at a dome in Georgia. Yeah that's the only guy who can hack it in the cold.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 05:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
Yeah Brooking from Georgia who played college fb in Georgia and spent most of his pro career at a dome in Georgia. Yeah that's the only guy who can hack it in the cold.
Whoa! *Dodges vegetables* :p

Haha. I dunno if you think you're giving me new information. lol. But I was just giving Brooking some kudos for being a bad ass son of a gun. I kind of guessed that someone would go overboard in response... that's why I added the *sarcasm* side note.

You're right though Paul. I'd rather face them now.
Old 11-05-2009, 06:23 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
But I was just giving Brooking some kudos for being a bad ass son of a gun.
SHUT YO MOUF!

Brooking is what this team needs to become further into the season. Best offseason pickup in Wade's tenure.

Last edited by FreshBoy! : 11-05-2009 at 06:32 PM.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 08:23 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
There was once a time when Austin used to drop everything and everyone bashed him. My my my what short memories we have.
pot kettle.

short indeed.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly weather...I'm rather close and it's freaking freezing. Sunday should actually be pretty nice, in comparison to what we've been seeing lately. Right now it's only 38 about. It could be a frosty one.

As for Roy...it shouldnt come as surprise to what he is doing on the field and off. This is exactly what happened in Detroit and things only got worse when Calvin Johnson got there. He's a prima donna, he's put on a happy face for the media in the early get go but, as you can see, he's doing the same thing again here.

I was never a fan of this trade...you can even throw out the ludicrous contract. I didnt want the guy. For the time being atleast, my fears on who he is as a player and a person are apt. I want to like him, I really do. Honestly, though...just shut up and play, keep putting in that extra work and things should improve over time. Roy seriously hasnt been relevant or any good for that matter, for a couple of years now. He doesnt deserve to be sitting atop this high horse right now.

Again....Win me over, Roy.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2009, 09:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Remember when Bob said Roy was the best receiver on the team? Loved his route running, blah, blah, blah. LOL. Selective memory is grand.
Old 11-06-2009, 07:54 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Remember when Bob said Roy was the best receiver on the team? Loved his route running, blah, blah, blah. LOL. Selective memory is grand.
Please oh grand pooh bah find my posts lauding how great Roy is. My only positive points were .....

1. Getting him freed us to cut TO (good)
2. I like his size in getting us first downs and on the goal line (which has not happened)
3. I thought this year's O would be more grind it out and I thought that would pay benefit in December and January. RW being an important part of grind it out. (TBD)
4. I like him better than TO in all aspects of the game except break-away speed .... which Austin has anyway.
5. I thought he would have a 1,000 yard season.

Now ............ given how he has performed (and Austin emerged) I have to say that frankly he sucks so far and has not delivered the steady amount of first downs I expected. All the other crap you write I dunno. You will need to prove that.

And fact is, right now, he is the 4th best WR on the team. Would I have expected that??? No. I expect Roy to be better than Hurd and Crayton and Oggletree.

Would I have expected Austin to be better than Roy?? .... em, yes. I said so repeatedly he had #1 skills and all the dunces on this board laughed so hard until ....... I have also said Carpenter is an excllent 4-3 OLB prospect and is in the wrong spot b/c we have stupid coaches ........ lots of laughs coming but I am right and there are many more points of differentiation from the masses.

So, GaC.

Again, I will take my player personnel calls over anyone on this board. Easy peasy. I am alot smarter than Jerrah and his sycophants because I judge on what I see and not on what contract $$$$ was handed out or what our idiotic Cowboys Blog wants to talk about or what hype machine comes to town.

EDIT ... as if I wrote the article ... .....

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...#leavecomments

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-06-2009 at 10:24 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:04 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Tony Romo plays we win (<=1 Turnover).

Tony Turnover plays we lose (>1 Turnover).

First 15 minutes will tell the story of which QB shows up.
Old 11-06-2009, 08:06 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
The only people who were bashing Austin(and I'm not sure who was in that group)
Just about everyone on this Board after his problem in DC 2 years ago and ALWAYS during training camp when the "TO Has Him Under His Wing therefore He Must Be Special" hype came out for the "Perfectly Adequate 3rd WR Sam Hurd." That is to say, guys loving on Hurd while dissing Austin.

I don't know who the exact guys here were on the Hurd (and Stanbeck) band wagon but it was breadthless.

And BTW, I do think Roy has been somewhat prejudiced by bad Romo throws .......... he still is not doing his job though.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-06-2009 at 08:09 AM.
Old 11-06-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Dallas best in NFL converting 3rd downs

I saw this in the morning ppr, Dallas has a league-best at 3 & outs with 13.2% of the time. Wonder how many of those 3rd down plays were sideline or quick slant passes to Witten? About 95% of them?

Anyone, how does Dallas rank in total offense?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:47 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^ Dallas is ranked number 2 in total offense a far as yards are concerned, and they're ranked 6 when it comes to points.

http://www.nfl.com/teams/dallascowbo...stics?team=DAL

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 12:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Please oh grand pooh bah find my posts lauding how great Roy is. My only positive points were .....

1. Getting him freed us to cut TO (good)
2. I like his size in getting us first downs and on the goal line (which has not happened)
3. I thought this year's O would be more grind it out and I thought that would pay benefit in December and January. RW being an important part of grind it out. (TBD)
4. I like him better than TO in all aspects of the game except break-away speed .... which Austin has anyway.
5. I thought he would have a 1,000 yard season.

Now ............ given how he has performed (and Austin emerged) I have to say that frankly he sucks so far and has not delivered the steady amount of first downs I expected. All the other crap you write I dunno. You will need to prove that.

And fact is, right now, he is the 4th best WR on the team. Would I have expected that??? No. I expect Roy to be better than Hurd and Crayton and Oggletree.

Would I have expected Austin to be better than Roy?? .... em, yes. I said so repeatedly he had #1 skills and all the dunces on this board laughed so hard until ....... I have also said Carpenter is an excllent 4-3 OLB prospect and is in the wrong spot b/c we have stupid coaches ........ lots of laughs coming but I am right and there are many more points of differentiation from the masses.

So, GaC.

Again, I will take my player personnel calls over anyone on this board. Easy peasy. I am alot smarter than Jerrah and his sycophants because I judge on what I see and not on what contract $$$$ was handed out or what our idiotic Cowboys Blog wants to talk about or what hype machine comes to town.

EDIT ... as if I wrote the article ... .....

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...#leavecomments
I have neither the desire nor energy to look up posts. I do recall you saying last year that Roy was the best WR on the team, and that he wasn't getting the ball thrown his way enough. Talked about him being a the best route runner, blocker and red zone target. In the midst of your hatred for TO and hatred toward Romo's apparent refusal to use Roy enough, you made it a point to say how good Roy was and gave your best attempts to overglorify him. You kind of danced around it with your 5 points above, but I remember how much of a fan you were.

This is what I recall...

- One time fan of Roy. Now a basher because instead, now you want glory for calling Austin a #1. Flip flop.
- Liked the trade of Roy because it got rid of TO. Hate the trade because of the cost in draft picks. Flip flop.
- Bash/Praise Tony depending on his play. Flip flop.
- Said Romo was best in a WCO.
- Said Canty is the reason for Ware's lack of production.
- Said Ware has lost his speed/burst.
- Wanted to keep Abram Elam, Ryan Fowler, Scott Shanle, Jacques Reeves and said Jerry never develops players...that they go on and perform well for other teams.
- Said CB Justin King from Penn St. was a shutdown corner like Deion Sanders.
- Said Ron Brace was better than BJ Raji.

Things you want credit for but won't get it:

- Bobby Carpenter a bad fit for our scheme and a better 4-3 fit. You joined the party on that one.
- Roy Williams the Safety sucks. Again, we all knew that. The difference is you wanted to bench or cut him, others thought it was too big of a cap hit and it was worth trying to salvage him. Wade played him right by taking him out of sure passing downs. Jerry did the right thing by cutting him later and taking less of a cap hit.

And that's off the top of my head.

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-06-2009 at 12:37 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:19 PM    (permalink
FinChase
Veteran

FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.FinChase wakes up in the morning and pisses excellence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Well I'll go on record and say that I still have some faith in Roy, but I think some of his comments are condescending towards Miles having a great stretch. He just needs to be careful with his words, because anything he says will be canon fodder for the media and fans. Plus he does sound like he's bitching a bit about some things. Either way he's got enough time to work on things. He hasn't been so bad that he's just a waste of space, and I think that even in the worst case knee jerk scenario he'll still be good for a full season here next year. He just needs to limit his bitching to the media. He should keep anything that can be misconstrued as negative in the locker room. He should know better than to call Miles the "no. 2 guy" when the media is hungry to pounce on something since T.O. isn't tearing it up in Buffalo.
I live literally right down the road from the Cowboys' practice facility, and drive past it every day to and from work. I pass the media trucks parked along the road there all the time. When I went by early yesterday morning, there was already a huge satellite trucked parked out there (bigger than any I'd seen before), and it was still there when I came home last night. As soon as I saw it, I knew that there was going to be a ton of "Controversy in Big D!" stories.
FinChase is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
I have neither the desire nor energy to look up posts. I do recall you saying last year that Roy was the best WR on the team, and that he wasn't getting the ball thrown his way enough. Talked about him being a the best route runner, blocker and red zone target. In the midst of your hatred for TO and hatred toward Romo's apparent refusal to use Roy enough, you made it a point to say how good Roy was and gave your best attempts to overglorify him. You kind of danced around it with your 5 points above, but I remember how much of a fan you were.

This is what I recall...

- One time fan of Roy. Now a basher because instead, now you want glory for calling Austin a #1. Flip flop.
- Liked the trade of Roy because it got rid of TO. Hate the trade because of the cost in draft picks. Flip flop.
- Bash/Praise Tony depending on his play. Flip flop.
- Said Romo was best in a WCO.
- Said Canty is the reason for Ware's lack of production.
- Said Ware has lost his speed/burst.
- Wanted to keep Abram Elam, Ryan Fowler, Scott Shanle, Jacques Reeves and said Jerry never develops players...that they go on and perform well for other teams.
- Said CB Justin King from Penn St. was a shutdown corner like Deion Sanders.
- Said Ron Brace was better than BJ Raji.

Things you want credit for but won't get it:

- Bobby Carpenter a bad fit for our scheme and a better 4-3 fit. You joined the party on that one.
- Roy Williams the Safety sucks. Again, we all knew that. The difference is you wanted to bench or cut him, others thought it was too big of a cap hit and it was worth trying to salvage him. Wade played him right by taking him out of sure passing downs. Jerry did the right thing by cutting him later and taking less of a cap hit.

And that's off the top of my head.
Always great when you call someone a liar and tell them to prove their made-up assertions and they reply with "I have no time or desire" to do when the proof is right in the database of threads.

I read your point and they are basically all fabrications at best.

You are entitled to you own opinion but not your own facts.

1) Romo flip flop? Where? I called his problems beginning of 2008 and have soured on him this year b/c I have not seen progress. So he has three good game in October? Glad he is having them but BFD! WCO? Sure, still think it and so do you KH.

2) Roy flip flop? Yeah, I am a Roy lover ..... never was but now I am a Roy hater. He is a lazy bum. It just doesn't take me 5 years to figure it out like it did most of clowns with the previous Roy Williams. Seen enough in 16 games to call him a bust.

3) Carpenter? Hated his pick. Hated Fasano. Hate the way both have been treated and used by a myopic administration.

4) Spencer? Hated him too. Remember Sidney Rice? Brandon Siler? Alexander? Jacoby Ford? Jacoby Jones? Go read the threads from that ddraft.

5) Stanback? McGee? (Give it time)

6) Ware did play ****** and slow. I do think his contract is too long. That is not changing unless you can peeeeeer into the future and tell me where Ware is going to be 3 years from now?

7) Jacque Reeves and Shanle (add Fujita for good measure)? Now I know you are delirious. I hated Reeves and his contract was an outrage anyway so bye bye. Shanle or Fujita I could have cared less also. You are fabricating nonsense.

8) Elam? Sure. Still do. Better than dodo- bird Hamlin.

9) Canty did leave and Ware's production is down. Why is this controversial? Ask me if I pay Canty? No. Olshansky is a poor man's Canty. If Ware is so damn good it should not matter.

10) Fowler is still a better 3-4 ILB than Bradie - who sucks.

11) Brace over Raji ----- I love Brace as a 3-4 NT so mark me down. What has either done to date????????

Back to the drawing board D-Unit. Your posts are fabrications of your mind at worst and misrepresentations at best.

Go back and read. Carefully. Without 1 of your 4 children screaming in your ear. Lord knows my two drive me bonkers some times too.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-06-2009 at 02:24 PM.
Old 11-06-2009, 02:35 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Bob, help us understand you. What do you want from us?
Old 11-06-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post

10) Fowler is still a better 3-4 ILB than Bradie - who sucks.
PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!

And anyway, I know fans (because you, just like all of us, are JUST a fan) love to think they understand the game more than a NFL coach but it doesn't work this way. Wade Phillips has spent his entire life coaching football, he's the son of a great football coach and if you think you know the game - or how to evaluate a player - better than him, well you're just delusional. You think that Carpenter doesn't produce because our coaches our stupid, I think he doesn't produce because he's just a bad player. Sorry if I trust Wade's judgment on a defensive player more than yours.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!

And anyway, I know fans (because you, just like all of us, are JUST a fan) love to think they understand the game more than a NFL coach but it doesn't work this way. Wade Phillips has spent his entire life coaching football, he's the son of a great football coach and if you think you know the game - or how to evaluate a player - better than him, well you're just delusional. You think that Carpenter doesn't produce because our coaches our stupid, I think he doesn't produce because he's just a bad player. Sorry if I trust Wade's judgment on a defensive player more than yours.
You're right, let's never discuss our humble (and uninformed) opinions on football again!
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote