Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-06-2009, 08:11 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I did the forum mock and here were my results:

Trade w/ Denver: Tashard Choice and Bradie James for a 2nd round pick

My figuring here was that I could spread my depth as well as replace a slow, one dimensional player with some young talent from the draft.

23. Allen Bailey, DL, Miami

I've liked this guy for a long time and it was between him and Brandon Spikes. Spikes go picked right before my pick so I went with Bailey. This guy would replace DE Marcus Spears at DE soon. Spears may develop into a good rotational player, but that's all the hope I really have for him.

55. Nate Allen, S, South Florida

Allen gives us a boost in the secondary and can push for a starting job immediately. He and Michael Hamlin are talented young DBs who could really develop into big time players IMO.

62. Dan Williams, DT, Tennessee

Williams has lately been a huge force in that flourishing UT defense. He's constantly causing problems for offenses up front despite double teams. Experienced and from the SEC, this guy is going to be a player. Plus, this pick simply makes sure that we have tons of big talented players on the DL.

87. Rico McCoy, LB, Tennessee

This guy has good size and range. He'd be a good player as a 3-4 ILB. He gives us more raw speed and talent as opposed to B. James.

My next pick would've probably been a RB. I admit, my UT bias was a little bit of a factor in my picking both Williams and McCoy but they are both legitimate prospects in positions where we could use some talent.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 09:50 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You pretty much gave Bradie James away for free.

Dallas could probably land a 3rd round pick for Choice by himself, right now. And with all the 34 teams and James ability, and record of leading our team in tackles year after year and success shown rushing the passer. There would be a pretty decent market if you wanted to move the guy. You gave him away for nothing.

Leaving yourself incredibly raw at ILB.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-06-2009 at 09:55 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:00 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Bob, help us understand you. What do you want from us?
Absolutely nothing. Hope we win Sunday.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2009, 10:02 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
PLEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASE!

And anyway, I know fans (because you, just like all of us, are JUST a fan) love to think they understand the game more than a NFL coach but it doesn't work this way. Wade Phillips has spent his entire life coaching football, he's the son of a great football coach and if you think you know the game - or how to evaluate a player - better than him, well you're just delusional. You think that Carpenter doesn't produce because our coaches our stupid, I think he doesn't produce because he's just a bad player. Sorry if I trust Wade's judgment on a defensive player more than yours.
Sidney Rice.

I know Carpenter does not produce b/c our coaches are .... I have seen him play as a rookie and on any other organization who spent a 1st on the kid and saw his development after Ellis got hurt -- he would be playing lots more at his natural position of OLB instead of being miscast as a 3-4 ILB. Fact we compounded that horrid mistake by re-investing another 1 on Spencer ..... Reminds me of the Fasano for Bennett swap. Hated Fasano as a number 2 rounder but once you make the decision and he is a number 2 TE behind a young Pro Bowl Witten why give him away for a bags of balls and then reinvest another second rounder on Bennett. Same on the give MBIII big money and then re-draft 2 RBs to run a committee system. Same as two Kickers. Same as trading for RW given the talent on the bench.

Just throwing away draft picks because we have difficulty evaluating talent, where it goes and where it should not.

(*I would even give points to Meatball if Carp was made an MLB in a 4-3 by this team -- not a good fit but better than 3-4 ILB*)

Enjoy the great Mediterranean weather!

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-07-2009 at 09:38 AM.
Old 11-07-2009, 09:56 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Tony Romo plays we win (<=1 Turnover).

Tony Turnover plays we lose (>1 Turnover).

First 15 minutes will tell the story of which QB shows up.
Bob has just authenticated my Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde analysis of how Romo rolls. You never know until the 3rd qtr. or that 1st INT which Romo has shown up.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 10:08 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Per the discussion on what to do at ILB & who s/b there instead of Carpenter, here's a homer pick for Dallas entering the Rolando McClain sweepstakes, he's a lock for the Butkus Award if he continues as before, arguably the best LB in the draft. Which means trading up to get him, he will be costly. He'll go in the top 5 if he runs a 4.45 (or faster) 40 at the Combine.

I liked bringing in Brooking, whoever said he was the best FA acquisition in the Phillips regime was right, experience is a big factor in LBs learning to stay & home, maintain their assignments & not be fooled by elite experienced NFL QBs. However you also need youth & speed with young legs at LB in a 3-4 where the LBs are designed to clean up on tackles & shut down a running game. McClain would be a welcome addition.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Absolutely nothing.
If you don't want anything from us, then why do you continue your constant self praise, seek for endless credit and call everyone here clowns and dunces? I'm trying to understand you. Help me.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2009, 11:46 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Bob has just authenticated my Dr. Jekyll/Mr. Hyde analysis of how Romo rolls. You never know until the 3rd qtr. or that 1st INT which Romo has shown up.
Bob's anaylsis is very insightful.

Except that you could replace Romo's name for any QB in the league and be 90% right. lol.
Old 11-07-2009, 11:48 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Per the discussion on what to do at ILB & who s/b there instead of Carpenter, here's a homer pick for Dallas entering the Rolando McClain sweepstakes, he's a lock for the Butkus Award if he continues as before, arguably the best LB in the draft. Which means trading up to get him, he will be costly. He'll go in the top 5 if he runs a 4.45 (or faster) 40 at the Combine.

I liked bringing in Brooking, whoever said he was the best FA acquisition in the Phillips regime was right, experience is a big factor in LBs learning to stay & home, maintain their assignments & not be fooled by elite experienced NFL QBs. However you also need youth & speed with young legs at LB in a 3-4 where the LBs are designed to clean up on tackles & shut down a running game. McClain would be a welcome addition.
If we trade up, it better not be for McClain. Scott has us taking Terence Cody. As a Bama fan, how do you like that? I personally have mixed feelings about it.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
If you don't want anything from us, then why do you continue your constant self praise, seek for endless credit and call everyone here clowns and dunces? I'm trying to understand you. Help me.
I am not well D. My back really hurts. I am so sorry. My Oxy ran out and it took me a few days to get to the MD. Forgive me.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Bob's anaylsis is very insightful. Except that you could replace Romo's name for any QB in the league and be 90% right. lol.
He is right. So generic as to be useless. Sorry.
Old 11-07-2009, 12:32 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I am not well D. My back really hurts. I am so sorry. My Oxy ran out and it took me a few days to get to the MD. Forgive me.
Well get well soon. That at least explains some of it.
Old 11-07-2009, 01:54 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12 View Post
I did the forum mock and here were my results:

55. Nate Allen, S, South Florida

Allen gives us a boost in the secondary and can push for a starting job immediately. He and Michael Hamlin are talented young DBs who could really develop into big time players IMO.
I really like Nate Allen, and I think he'll go higher than that. I think with Jenkins on the team he has a good shot at being looked at by the Cowboys. I'm sure that it would be appealing to put former teammates together, and with Jenkins performing well this year Jerry might be tempted to "go back to the well."

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 07:21 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Curtis Johnson is expected to be active today. Hopefully, he'll get in there in the defense. I am a little anxious to see him play in the 3-4.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Did anybody get to listen to Demarcus Ware mic'd up for the Seattle game?

He was getting stalled early in the game, and he went up to Campo or one of the defensive coaches and said "he's playing heavy, I tried to bullrush him and he's playing heavy but I'm gonna go right around him", and literally the very next time on the field he blew right to the outside of him for a sack untouched.

It was a thing of beauty to hear how he was setting him up for it, and called it on the sideline.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:36 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ware just doesnt have the voice to be a yeller. haha. He's so soft spoken, it just sounds weird. But he has certainly taken initiative and followed up on that promise to be more vocal or more of a leader. You gotta love him. And he really does have a great football IQ and that shows out there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2009, 10:43 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

There's a sound byte they play on the Ticket of DeMarcus singing to his baby daughter. It's kinda funny hearing this big strong guy be so playful and silly.
dpl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 04:14 PM    (permalink
eaglesalltheway
All-NFLDC

eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.eaglesalltheway is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
There's a sound byte they play on the Ticket of DeMarcus singing to his baby daughter. It's kinda funny hearing this big strong guy be so playful and silly.
One of the many reason even a bitter rival likes and respects him...

Rest in Peace, themaninblack
eaglesalltheway is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Victor Butler is the better player and should be starting over Anthony Spencer.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:21 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to relish in this win a bit before thinking about Green Bay, but one thing really gets my excited for next week. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 37 times this season. I can't wait for his beating to come!

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:30 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I'm going to relish in this win a bit before thinking about Green Bay, but one thing really gets my excited for next week. Aaron Rodgers has been sacked 37 times this season. I can't wait for his beating to come!
Jesus. I knew the GB O-line had problems, but that's one hell of a number.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I don't know about all that. Butler has come in a couple of times in passing situations and has done decent, but nothing flashy enough to replace a starter like Spencer.

Spencer still plays the run very very well, and defends RBs and TEs pretty good also. Who the hell knows what Vic Butler would do in coverage.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:38 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Wow, Butler wont hold up v the run.
Old 11-08-2009, 11:41 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
Jesus. I knew the GB O-line had problems, but that's one hell of a number.
The team that plays them, leads the league in sacks for that week, every time just about. They're horrible. Just think, they're actually much, much worse than that line we had when Petitti and Tucker were at the tackle positions. *shutters*

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-08-2009, 11:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Wow, Butler wont hold up v the run.
Because???

All I know is that in the short time I've seen him play, I'm already more impressed than I ever have been with Spencer. Especially when it comes to pressuring the QB. It's not even close in that regard.