Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-08-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah, Spencer is actually playing well. Like I said in the other thread and what has been said in here...he's playing the run very well, coverage has been solid, and he is rushing pretty well actually. He's just not bringing the QB down. Not living up to the 1st round billing but, not playing bad either.

Give it some time with Butler but, you gotta love the growth we've seen already. He has come a long way since the preseason. He is playing extremely fast out there. A big reason for that, though is because, he's basically been a situational pass rusher in mop up duty, he doesnt need to play the run, just rush. If you recall, he was having some problems against the run in preseason.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I got a little scared when Gurode went down. We really need to address OL depth in the draft. I thought Proctor was going to be our starting Center the rest of the year. LOL. Ahhhh!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:45 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I swear I don't understand why Spencer has no sacks this year. He's very good at everything else but sacking the QB. He's been close a few times this season, but having no sacks in 8 games is a little alarming. I only say "a little" because he's played very well at everything else. He can cover both the run and pass pretty damn good. Maybe he's just a......*gulp*........two down player...

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I got a little scared when Gurode went down. We really need to address OL depth in the draft. I thought Proctor was going to be our starting Center the rest of the year. LOL. Ahhhh!
Did you see the second play for Procter after that wild cat run to start things off? He got freaking destroyed.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Because???

All I know is that in the short time I've seen him play, I'm already more impressed than I ever have been with Spencer. Especially when it comes to pressuring the QB. It's not even close in that regard.
Well he is small to start.

In terms of QB, yeah Butler has more burst.

Look I am no Spencer lover but ...
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 11:46 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jerrah Props ... under paying Ratliff. What a steal.

4-3 Tackle he would get 12-14 sacks and be Warren Sappish.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:18 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh lord I nearly cried. Proctor is a no no. I think he might be the worst player on the team.

Old 11-09-2009, 12:45 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Did you see the second play for Procter after that wild cat run to start things off? He got freaking destroyed.
I swear everytime he gets his head up after the snap, he's trying to look for his guy to block not knowing that guy is already behind him.

He's pathetic.
Old 11-09-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I swear I don't understand why Spencer has no sacks this year. He's very good at everything else but sacking the QB. He's been close a few times this season, but having no sacks in 8 games is a little alarming. I only say "a little" because he's played very well at everything else. He can cover both the run and pass pretty damn good. Maybe he's just a......*gulp*........two down player...
Its puzzling to me, too. He's clearly a good pass rusher, but hasn't gotten all the way there yet. Very strange. I don't think its accurate to call him a two down player, not by a long shot. But eventually if you aren't getting home, there is a problem with what you are doing. He's playing well, though, and Dallas is clearly among the very best in the league at rushing the passer. I can live with his lack of sacks as long as the team is getting them and we are pressuring the opposing QB in general.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 02:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Randy Moss' highest YPC in a season was 19, Miles Austin is at 22.7 right now.

Obviously those were with Moss getting alot more targets/catches, but just gives you an idea of how ridiculously high his YPC is right now.

Ironically Austin scored on the same play that TO scored on vs Philly in week 2 last year, on TO's 1st TD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:04 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
On third down, where Dallas won the game, Tony Romo was nine-of-11 for 140 yards, one touchdown and that quarterback rating of 149.1.
Yea...again...he had a pretty decent game
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:23 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Congrats guys. Should be another good game in Dallas.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:26 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Sweet road win

Remember remember the 8th of November......

You know Philly will. Just like Dallas remembered getting their asses handed to them last December in Philadelphia when all they had to do was win for a WC slot & nothing, just nothing went right. Don't Call Me Pacman with a fumbled a punt bought himself a ticket out of Dallas, & you could imagine the TV sets being turned off all over Texas.

This was an earned win by the Dallas offense & the coaching staff in the booth. Revenge is sweet.

It was the triumph of the best game plan ever. They used the signature WR screen effectively early & often, so in the 4th qtr that set the draw to Barber with a huge hole to run through b/c the pass rush had cleared out the whole side & remaining defenders played the screen. Romo's pump fake & look to the fake WR screen sold it.

On the Miles Austin only pass of the night for a TD, they had noted the Eagles corners jumping routes early, so they sent him on one baited by another Romo pump fake. Austin all alone & nothing but EZ in front of him.

Suddenly November isnt the minefield for Wade Phillips job security that we thought, Dallas owns the NFC East.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Randy Moss' highest YPC in a season was 19, Miles Austin is at 22.7 right now.

Obviously those were with Moss getting alot more targets/catches, but just gives you an idea of how ridiculously high his YPC is right now.

Ironically Austin scored on the same play that TO scored on vs Philly in week 2 last year, on TO's 1st TD.
Austin is looking a lot like a quicker, a bit smaller, Vincent Jackson type right now.

I dont say faster because, while it doesnt look like Jackson is the fastest, the guy ran in the low to mid 4.4's. Long strider.

You see a lot of similarities in their game right now.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-09-2009 at 09:59 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:16 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Something needs to be done with Bobby Carpenter. His play continues to be horrendous and costly.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:17 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

I hope all the love we are getting does not go to their heads.

Still not December on the road ....
Old 11-09-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Something needs to be done with Bobby Carpenter. His play continues to be horrendous and costly.
Oh dear Jesus. Carpenter Derangement Syndrome. What did he allegedly not do now?

So coaches are praising him and you are killing him? I thought the coaches know more about football than we do?

... and the McCoy run was Bradie's and the SOLB fault for getting sucked in on drop and not moving their feet with the OL. Carpenter was covering man in the flat on the play -- either Celek or Weaver.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Oh dear Jesus. Carpenter Derangement Syndrome. What did he allegedly not do now?

So coaches are praising him and you are killing him? I thought the coaches know more about football than we do?

... and the McCoy run was Bradie's and the SOLB fault for getting sucked in on drop and not moving their feet with the OL. Carpenter was covering man in the flat on the play -- either Celek or Weaver.
If the coaching staff thinks he was playing well, I sure would like to read that. I'll revoke what I said too.

But McCoy ran right by where Carpenter was being turned around and he just looked "handled" by the blocker. Didn't recognize a single good thing he did all night. His blitz attempts are the saddest things to witness. It really is.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:26 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
Its puzzling to me, too. He's clearly a good pass rusher, but hasn't gotten all the way there yet. Very strange. I don't think its accurate to call him a two down player, not by a long shot. But eventually if you aren't getting home, there is a problem with what you are doing. He's playing well, though, and Dallas is clearly among the very best in the league at rushing the passer. I can live with his lack of sacks as long as the team is getting them and we are pressuring the opposing QB in general.
Yeah you're right about him getting good pressure. Two down player is overreacting, but maybe next season he can do the opposite of what Ware did. He can shed 5-10 pounds to get that extra burst to the QB. I'm not ready to give up hope on him, because I feel that he's a very good player that's only a few plays from being considered great. Almost nothing gets by him, and against the pass he's very exceptional. It just sucks that sacks are such an overrated stat, but that's how it is.

Old 11-09-2009, 01:39 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Anyone want to speculate on whether Romo abandoned Austin to please Roy Williams?

Looked that way to me.
Old 11-09-2009, 01:59 PM    (permalink
vikes_28
Resident Ginger
All-Pro

vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.vikes_28 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Thanks for beating the eagles. I don't like them.

sig by BoneKrusher
GM Vikings
Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBrotherCain View Post
You are just a terrible person.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I have an iPhone.
vikes_28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 03:11 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Anyone want to speculate on whether Romo abandoned Austin to please Roy Williams?

Looked that way to me.
What do you mean by pleasing Roy? Roy has never complained about his targets.

I don't expect a balanced amount of targets for each WR on every game. Who does? The defense predicts a lot of where the ball goes depending on the coverage.

Besides... Austin almost ended up with 2 TDs.
Old 11-09-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
MetSox17
Suck it Metsox
Legend

MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.MetSox17 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Looked that way to me.
It's not like Romo was forcing the ball to Williams. The times he threw to him, he was open, and Roy made the plays. From the looks of it though, it looks like all the attention was on Austin. Even on his TD catch, there was three guys in the vicinity.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:34 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
What do you mean by pleasing Roy?
I mean throwing him the ball to get him to stop complaining.

Quote:
Roy has never complained about his targets.
Then what do you call last week's comments?

Quote:
I don't expect a balanced amount of targets for each WR on every game. Who does? The defense predicts a lot of where the ball goes depending on the coverage.
Sometimes, and sometimes you throw it to your #1 and expect him to make a play.

Quote:
Besides... Austin almost ended up with 2 TDs.
Yes, but he had 4 passes thrown his way and only one the second half.

Kind of a play-maker don't ya think? He was open quite a bit too -- particularly when he lined up in the slot.

Last year, most complained when TO was not force fed the ball, why Garrett did this or that, how TO was great .... so I am making the same point about Austin last night.
Old 11-09-2009, 04:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Roy specifically stated that he was concerned about the way the passes were coming his way. That Romo's passes to him were off target.

He never complained at all about not getting the ball.