Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-09-2009, 05:50 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I figured out who Oggletree reminds me of .... Steve Breaston.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 07:35 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Jerry got a woodie for Red and almost made him HC. It was like his first interview. But then Jerrah got cold feet and thought to himself .... I guess I need some grey hair and some DC experience and there was Meatball coming off a great year for him personally.

But to name two guys .... Manusky and Singletary could have been DC with Sparano as HC. How about T. Bowles.

But again, picking Sparano was Jerry admitting he wanted to continue with what Parcells built and Jerry wanted no part of that. Jerry wanted HIS GUYS that HE PICKED.

You have the results.

If Jerry Jones coveted Sparano he would have made Sparano OC or HC and certainly NOT made Red OC / Coach in Waiting. That seems like sheer nonsense to say.

Sparano was kept by Jerry b/c a) he needed some continuity on the O and Garrett had yet to manage one soul his entire life -- Sparano became JG beeyotch and was the only reason JG's was "hot" after 2007 and b) I believe they were still under contract by Jerrah and he would have had to pay them.

But frankly, JG can't lick Sparano' nutz without saying thank you. Sparano can coach and can play call. JG is just a Princeton guy.

So instead he picked a loser HC and two wet-behind-the-ear Coordinators. Great.

And interestingly enough Sparano was the only one DEMOTED.

Um yeah, he would have taken it in a heart beat with Meatball being the HC and DC.

Not sure how that effects the discussion since ALL Coordinators want to be promoted. All Position coaches want to be Coordinators.

Sparano wanted to be HC sure. I want to be Bill Gates. What does that have to do with Jerry Jones muffing a critical search for management talent???

Wade's D's also always collapsed in the playoffs and in big games.

Look at how 2007 ended. How 2008 ended. How we have lost games with poor D play in the final 2 minutes of Halves.

Wade is 100% responsible.
Example of over sensitivity -- this post was labeled OFFENSIVE by FinChase.

Mind I add, FinChase had nothing to do with it. I insulted no one.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:48 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

we suck. rw sucks. wade sucks. tnew sucks. ol is fat slobs.

Sad to see over-paid, over valued STU-PID morons play with a star on their heads.

But politics is key in Dallas. If Jerrah over paid you in a fit of stupidity -- you play no matter what.

I know talent better than Wade and Jerry Jones plus Garrett.

Here is what a GM with brains does .... trade Witten for a or a 2 and 3.

Al Davis is nuts and senile but he is 100XXXX the football man Jerrah is/was.

I have been right about 90% of the player personnel decisions (unfortunately negative appraisals) on this team

Now you can all go suck me...

I wish Flo has a final knee injury.

Ready to finally admit the Eagles are clearly a better organization?
Or is Jerrah AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Where are the apologists and Jerrah lovers

1. Romo is the problem. He is not accurate. His footwork is poor. His decisions at least are more conservative last two games.

B/c he is a flake. He is shot. He doesn't even step into his throws if a guy is within 3 yards of his front foot.

And btw, his turnovers killed whatever momentum we had ... twice.
He was created by Parcells and sadly has reverted to the loser who was always good but always short. Never good enough to be anything.
UDFA forever.

Tony turnover. Again.

I officially can't stand Tony Romo. He is soft in the head.

I have embarrassed a fair share with my hindsight on a variety of players and personnel moves.

12-4
Romo has a great year and successful December

JJGM
4 most destructive initials in Player Personnel today other than ADGM

Any guesses?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 08:50 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
we suck. rw sucks. wade sucks. tnew sucks. ol is fat slobs.

Sad to see over-paid, over valued STU-PID morons play with a star on their heads.

But politics is key in Dallas. If Jerrah over paid you in a fit of stupidity -- you play no matter what.

I know talent better than Wade and Jerry Jones plus Garrett.

Here is what a GM with brains does .... trade Witten for a or a 2 and 3.

Al Davis is nuts and senile but he is 100XXXX the football man Jerrah is/was.

I have been right about 90% of the player personnel decisions (unfortunately negative appraisals) on this team

Now you can all go suck me...

I wish Flo has a final knee injury.

Ready to finally admit the Eagles are clearly a better organization?
Or is Jerrah AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Where are the apologists and Jerrah lovers

1. Romo is the problem. He is not accurate. His footwork is poor. His decisions at least are more conservative last two games.

B/c he is a flake. He is shot. He doesn't even step into his throws if a guy is within 3 yards of his front foot.

And btw, his turnovers killed whatever momentum we had ... twice.
He was created by Parcells and sadly has reverted to the loser who was always good but always short. Never good enough to be anything.
UDFA forever.

Tony turnover. Again.

I officially can't stand Tony Romo. He is soft in the head.

I have embarrassed a fair share with my hindsight on a variety of players and personnel moves.

12-4
Romo has a great year and successful December

JJGM
4 most destructive initials in Player Personnel today other than ADGM
And not one personal attack.

Just talking football.

Plus some pretty funny one-liners. Even Pocket agrees and he hates me!

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-10-2009 at 08:06 AM.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:53 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

My poll is gone. Hating me got harder.
Old 11-09-2009, 08:56 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
LOL who didnt see that coming.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I put it on invisible. The discussion just got elevated.

BTW Bob, I didn't realize you had this many usernames in the past until I looked it up by your IP Addresses. wow.

cowboysforever
smittydafreak
robert_in_bigd
bobindallas
johnstonolb
kingjames
td#33
RichardBohner
TOvoramentulae
jilipoya
BigBillParcells
gafyobop
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 10:21 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I put it on invisible. The discussion just got elevated.

BTW Bob, I didn't realize you had this many usernames in the past until I looked it up by your IP Addresses. wow.

cowboysforever
smittydafreak
robert_in_bigd
bobindallas
johnstonolb
kingjames
td#33
RichardBohner
TOvoramentulae
jilipoya
BigBillParcells
gafyobop
You may have forgotten a few. All of those? Hum, some seem wrong but most were bans for nothing more than being on the board. But you knew that already, so why so exercised about it now?

Selectively enforcing rules is not cool and ignoring the ones that don't suit your wishes is too.

Hey, I am not claiming to be above it all. I simply am pointing out the double standard which has unfortunately always existed. As soon as I say something someone does not like, the insults and baiting starts then folks get worked up when I fight back. Then you ban me? ROTLFMAO!

G'luck boss man but this is a really silly fight. I am just sitting back and watching this unfold.

Take care dude.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:38 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You and I both know that I have given you a fair fight. So don't play the double standard card with me. Nobody else constantly seeks to puff themself up by belittling everyone else. Nobody does that except for you, so again, don't tell me there's a double standard.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:51 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
You and I both know that I have given you a fair fight. So don't play the double standard card with me. Nobody else constantly seeks to puff themself up by belittling everyone else. Nobody does that except for you, so again, don't tell me there's a double standard.
Fair fight? Like starting a poll to lobby support to ban me?

You have got a bug up your butt about me and this one of ways you try to get even. You dislike that I have pointed it out and that it is clear to many.

As I have said, you are taking this way too seriously and frankly I have done nothing to get banned. At least nothing, that I don't see on lots of other threads on this site.

As I said, man, g'luck. My work is done.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-09-2009 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 10:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Fair fight? Like starting a poll to lobby support to ban me?

You have got a bug up your butt about me and this one of ways you try to get even. You dislike that I have pointed it out and that it is clear to many.

As I have said, you are taking this way too seriously and frankly I have done nothing to get banned. At least nothing, that I don't see on lots of other threads on this site.

As I said, man, g'luck. My work is done.
Bottom line. The moment you start to respect the other posters is when you'll get respect.

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-09-2009 at 11:01 PM.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:01 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Anyway, moving on the good news is no injuries to report in spite of .... good news.

Dallas 34 - Greenbay 24 if the weather holds.

No prediction otherwise.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:02 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Bottom line. The moment you start to respect the other posters is when you'll get respect.
Funny how that MUTUAL respect thing works....
Old 11-09-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Funny how that MUTUAL respect thing works....
Are you trying to infer that I haven't tried to pay respect to the things that you have said? Look how many usernames you have? You have A LOT of posts on many of them. A few of them are ones that were quickly banned. A few. Don't overexaggerate that fact.

You want to seek credit.... I gave you credit for calling Austin a #1. I gave you credit for mentioning Romo as possibly a better fit in a WCO. I gave you credit for saying perhaps Canty played a bigger effect on Ware's slow start than anybody recognized. I gave you credit for things that you have said that you have sought praise for many a time. We put up with your continual self sustained effort to boost your ego. We put up with you thinking you're above us all. Only until recently when you have started to call us dunces, clowns and fannie boys did I finally get fed up. You still don't realize that I do respect your points. What I don't respect is your attitude and disrespect on others.
Old 11-09-2009, 11:34 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I figured out who Oggletree reminds me of .... Steve Breaston.
I think he's got better in-line speed than Breaston. Ogletree is definitely showing some decent flashes. More than turds like Stanback, Skyler Green, et all.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:01 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 01:45 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
haha.

Interesting goings on in here today.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 05:27 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bob there's something about you I will never get. Are you a coach or something? Because if you're not a coach (and so you don't have access to coaches' tapes) how can you say that someone was open on a play? As almost anyone might recall, there was a time - like 2 years ago - when I used to make a lot of highlights video. To make one you need to watch a tape over and over again. So I'm 100% sure that you can't see if someone is open if they don't show you the replay.
When a QB dropes back you just see the pocket, when he throws you just see the part of the field he's throwing to.
For example, when Romo missed Witten wide open in the endzone it was impossible to see him on the screen. Until they showed the replay no one could have said that he was open.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 08:01 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I think he's got better in-line speed than Breaston. Ogletree is definitely showing some decent flashes. More than turds like Stanback, Skyler Green, et all.
You think Oggletree is faster than Breaston?

Breaston ran a 4.41 I think. Heck, he was better than Ginn in college IMHO but Ginn got all the publicity.

But yeah, he has that "in the phone booth" speed.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:03 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Are you a coach or something? Because if you're not a coach (and so you don't have access to coaches' tapes) how can you say that someone was open on a play?
I once actually told people what I had worked in and no one believed me so why bother.

No, I am not a coach and my 22 Video is the same as yours.

Enjoy Sardinia. Must be nice this time of the year.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-10-2009 at 09:18 AM. Reason: re; I Screwed this post up.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Just another idiot Modano. JAI. Have a good one.
Chidish as usually :) Funny how you did not answer my question.

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:15 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modano View Post
Chidish as usually :) Funny how you did not answer my question.
You asked me what I was. I replied and called myself "Just Another Idiot" and you are upset at me?

That is what I am, just another idiot.
Old 11-10-2009, 09:22 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If Ogletree keeps developing this year, does that make Hurd the odd man out going into next year?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:36 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
If Ogletree keeps developing this year, does that make Hurd the odd man out going into next year?
Gotta be Crayton given his contract.
Old 11-10-2009, 10:14 AM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
Probably. Hurd signed a 1 year offer in April of this year so he will be an unrestricted FA going into the offseason. I don't see what he has shown to be offered a multi year deal at this point. Ogletree is a rookie and should have at least 2 more years on his deal after this so letting him go wouldn't make sense.

Crayton is not a FA going into the offseason to my knowledge and he's a decent #3 WR and the punt returner so keeping him makes more sense to me.

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote