Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-10-2009, 09:40 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSUALUM99 View Post
Probably. Hurd signed a 1 year offer in April of this year so he will be an unrestricted FA going into the offseason. I don't see what he has shown to be offered a multi year deal at this point. Ogletree is a rookie and should have at least 2 more years on his deal after this so letting him go wouldn't make sense.

Crayton is not a FA going into the offseason to my knowledge and he's a decent #3 WR and the punt returner so keeping him makes more sense to me.

I still would be shocked if the line-up next year wasn't Roy and Austin on the outside and Ogleetree as our #3 in three WR sets. I don't realistically see anyone beating him out of that role, Crayton's speed has been declining for years now and it's pretty obvious they want Ogleetree to see more snaps. I think he's earned them, and could become a weapon for us in the slot honestly.

I wouldn't mind keeping Hurd for depth as a #4, but that may not match up in contract talks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:53 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I still would be shocked if the line-up next year wasn't Roy and Austin on the outside and Ogleetree as our #3 in three WR sets. I don't realistically see anyone beating him out of that role, Crayton's speed has been declining for years now and it's pretty obvious they want Ogleetree to see more snaps. I think he's earned them, and could become a weapon for us in the slot honestly.

I wouldn't mind keeping Hurd for depth as a #4, but that may not match up in contract talks.
Hurd needs to get more of a look before I'd be happy with him being our #4. I like Crayton and think he does a fine job at #3, but someone like Ogletree could give us a new dimension as the slot. It'll be interesting to say the least.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:12 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hurd certainly deserves a new contract, imo. He leads our team in ST tackles, he has been promoted on every ST unit and has taken over the up back duties. Take into account that he is still very young, younger than Austin, even. He is the epitome of a team player and has taken advantage of every opportunity he has had in the offense, and that hasnt been many.

And take this from a completely unbiased perspective...we've seen how much our ST units could change when losing a key contributor and Hurd, is the best or at least a top two (to Watkins) ST player on this team. And again, he has shown that he could take advantage/make use of his opportunities when called upon in the offense.

Being one of Parcells' guys could land Sammy in Miami, though.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-10-2009 at 10:18 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:21 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

agree. Our WR corp would look pretty good next year with RW, Austin, Ogletree, Hurd...and I'd like to draft a kid mid rounds that can do PR.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
agree. Our WR corp would look pretty good next year with RW, Austin, Ogletree, Hurd...and I'd like to draft a kid mid rounds that can do PR.
Yep, which we should have done this year. For some reason though we take the OU WR Manuel Johnson when we could of landed Sammie Stroughter in the same round. Still, adding Ogleetree to the class last year makes it look better.

I wanted Mike Wallace badly this year, but figured he would go pretty soon. I would like to re-sign Hurd too but he may want more money then what a ST is supposed to get paid, and in that case it wouldn't make sense. I like Hurd too but it's not like he's a hard guy to replace, if we can't find another Sam Hurd there is a problem.

Miami does make alot of sense though for more playing time.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2009, 10:33 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Definitely resign Hurd if only for ST, can't afford to lose him.

Big big mega-kudos to Ratliff, he's playing Pro Bowler NT right now. As a Tide fan I rarely praise Auburn players, but I think he's in the top tier of 3-4 NTs in the league now. He got like 2-3 sacks/TFLs on Philly Sunday night, how rare is that for a disruptor NT?

ESPN called him the best defensive player on the Cowboys team at midseason. That's saying something when you have Demarcus Ware on it.....
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 10:53 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I saw that ESPN article. Interesting to hear that Bowen is 2nd only to Ratliff in QB pressures along the line. I shouldnt say it's that surprising, though. He always seems to be in the QB's face. And even when others are getting the sack, he's always in the mix as well. If he's not there first, he's the very next one to the QB. He's playing fantastic this season. Cant say I'm surprised Mr. D-Unit. :D haha. jk but, it's nice to strike gold once again, with an undrafted player. Spears hasnt played badly but, to all the Spears' haters...Bowen makes him expendable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4640724

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 11-10-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I saw that ESPN article. Interesting to hear that Bowen is 2nd only to Ratliff in QB pressures along the line. I shouldnt say it's that surprising, though. He always seems to be in the QB's face. And even when others are getting the sack, he's always in the mix as well. If he's not there first, he's the very next one to the QB. He's playing fantastic this season. Cant say I'm surprised Mr. D-Unit. :D haha. jk but, it's nice to strike gold once again, with an undrafted player. Spears hasnt played badly but, to all the Spears' haters...Bowen makes him expendable.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/news/story?id=4640724
I don't know why I'm being mentioned, but ok. It's nice to have quality backups and I'm happy that Bowen is one. Hatcher has been a quality backup as well this year. I'm actually more disappointed in Spears and Olshansky. Probably more disappointed in Olshansky because I expected him to be better than he has been. Our DEs are solid as a group, but we need bigger impact players.

That was a good read. Thanks for sharing.

I noticed that he pointed out Newman's physical play. Made me rethink about what I said earlier about moving Newman to safety. I know you guys bashed me before, but you misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about this year. I'm talking about next year and beyond. I still think that if we moved Newman to FS, he has a chance to re-emerge as a great player for us. As of now, his skills as a corner have dramatically declined. Move Newman to FS and draft a CB. It should at least be an option come draft day.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Last night we got to see Sean Jones vs Gerald Sensabaugh, two likely candidates that we probably both gave consideration too and alot of us wanted Jones. His pass coverage isn't nearly as good as Sensabaugh's, and without that cast on his thumb he'd probably have a few more picks. Looks like we may of went after the right safety.

Also BBD brought up a point I was going to mention today also, the road through the playoffs looks like all indoor teams: New Orleans, Minnesota, Arizona, Dallas if things hold up. I like our chances alot better playing inside each week.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2009, 11:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I don't know why I'm being mentioned, but ok. It's nice to have quality backups and I'm happy that Bowen is one. Hatcher has been a quality backup as well this year. I'm actually more disappointed in Spears and Olshansky. Probably more disappointed in Olshansky because I expected him to be better than he has been. Our DEs are solid as a group, but we need bigger impact players.

That was a good read. Thanks for sharing.

I noticed that he pointed out Newman's physical play. Made me rethink about what I said earlier about moving Newman to safety. I know you guys bashed me before, but you misunderstood me. I wasn't talking about this year. I'm talking about next year and beyond. I still think that if we moved Newman to FS, he has a chance to re-emerge as a great player for us. As of now, his skills as a corner have dramatically declined. Move Newman to FS and draft a CB. It should at least be an option come draft day.
Because, in about week two or three...you said something along the lines, "Well M.O.T.H., where has Stephen Bowen been? I thought he was supposed to break out" Or something like that. I was just messing around with you here anyway but, I was just saying that you always called him JAG and I was saying he was a good player. Again, not a big deal. I'm not one to rub things in. lol. Hence, the "JK". haha. Gah, guess I'll never do this again. lol.

A couple of us agreed that Newman can play S but, the actual chances of him moving there are very slim.

Quote:
It was funny until you got to the Jarron Gilbert part. lol. Rather have him than Robert Brewster and Brandon Williams. Marcus Spears sucks. Jason Hatcher sucks. Where's Stephen Bowen? I thought he was supposed to break out according to MOTH.
See, I'm not crazy. :)

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-10-2009 at 11:56 AM.
Old 11-10-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey hey now I wanna get some E-love for hyping up Bowen too. I did say that he was improving to be a good player.....lol I'm just joking. I'm just glad someone is doing well in a Cowboy uniform regardless of whether I called them to do it or not. I'm glad DE isn't as much a problem as some thought. The depth is solid, and Spears is actually playing the best in his career. He's not the Pro Bowler we hoped he would be, but he's definitely contributing something good. Same thing with Hatcher. He's getting some good inside pressure to create some sacks for other guys. I'm happy with all three of those guys.

As for the receivers next year, all need to come back for next year. Here's why you want to keep all of them. Roy has the contract and talent, so that's a no brainer. Miles is breaking out, and he's another no brainer to stay. Here's where things get interesting. I know some might think Crayton to be the odd man out, but he's still a big necessity. Roy has injury problems, and he's always had them throughout his career. If he goes down you need a vet to step up. We love Austin, but right now he's not guaranteed to be a top flight guy that can carry things on his own. Him and Hurd starting might not be want we want, much less him and Ogletree starting.

Now Hurd has to stay on the team. He's too good not to. He might not be Mr. Pro Bowl, but he's damn sure Mr. Team Glue. I think he can effectively be a good number 3, and maybe a good number two too. He also is one of the bet special teamers, and you can't let those guys go. He does what's needed, he's young, and seems to have a good attitude. Unless someone throws an insane offer to him in FA, he's got to be kept. Ogletree's upside should give him some time too. I really like what I see in him, and he's the perfect fit for this team at the number 5 slot right now.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 02:05 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Because, in about week two or three...you said something along the lines, "Well M.O.T.H., where has Stephen Bowen been? I thought he was supposed to break out" Or something like that. I was just messing around with you here anyway but, I was just saying that you always called him JAG and I was saying he was a good player. Again, not a big deal. I'm not one to rub things in. lol. Hence, the "JK". haha. Gah, guess I'll never do this again. lol.

A couple of us agreed that Newman can play S but, the actual chances of him moving there are very slim.

See, I'm not crazy. :)
You guys have better memories than me! I'll own up to it!!!

BOOM! I THOUGHT BOWEN WAS A JAG, BUT I'M WROOOOOOONG!!!!!!!!!

Although I still consider him just a quality backup. lol.
Old 11-10-2009, 04:06 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
You guys have better memories than me! I'll own up to it!!!

BOOM! I THOUGHT BOWEN WAS A JAG, BUT I'M WROOOOOOONG!!!!!!!!!

Although I still consider him just a quality backup. lol.
Nice graphic btw, D.

You can be forgiven for not knowing about Bowen. He was JAG in the d-line rotation. Per this

http://www.nfl.com/players/stephenbo...e?id=BOW129829

he's only started one game, has 9 tackles & 1 sack. Maybe being obscure was a good thing, OCs seemed to have overlooked him too
Old 11-10-2009, 07:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Big Tuna's influence shown in win - How beautiful was it to see us score early against the Eagles? That TD set the tone for the rest of the game, but do you remember how we did it? With the damn Wildcat. LOL. Solution to our redzone woes. Watching Leonard Davis pull to the left and clear out that gap was a thing of beauty as Choice danced into the endzone. Expect to see more of that on short down conversions. Hopefully we don't abuse it or mix it up with other wildcat formations.

Ratliff being moved all along the DL - Ratliff has always been consistently good, but we saw how really great he can be. Wade strategically moved him around sending him on mismatches against the Eagles and Ratliff proved that he is a superior 3-4 DE when asked to be.

Team Chemistry working like a charm - Bye Bye TO, Pacman, Tank... Hello TEAM! I'm not just talking team chemistry amongst personnel. I'm talking actual "On Field" chemistry. All it took was one week's comments from Roy about him and Romo not being on the same page to patch things up and all of a sudden, marked improvement. Sure, they will continue to tighten things up, but that comeback route Roy made was all about timing and it showed that they've been practicing. There were some errant throws because of pressure on Romo, but they shouldn't be heavily criticized or blamed due to disjoined chemistry. This team finds different ways to win and it's the most beautiful thing to witness because it shows we have mismatches to take advantages in any area of the offense. So long as we continue to make in game adjustments, there's no stopping this offense.

Jason "Elmer's Glue" Witten - Every fantasy owner of Jason Witten has been disappointed in his stats this year. After all the experts labeled him the #1 TE in their rankings, with the thought that Romo would feed him like a hungry bum, Witten has left a bad taste in fantasy owner's mouths. His stats aren't gaudy, and that should make real Dallas fans incredibly happy. Romo isn't feeding him like a bad habit and it's been great for the success of the rest of the receiving corps. Much was made about the loss of TO and replacing his numbers. Looking at it now, it was much ado about nothin'. One man carried too big a load. Too much relied on him. Now with our balanced attack, our offense is reliable and steady. Less highs and lows and more steady solid production. Underneath it all is Witten. He's there to block for our run game. He's there as an extra blocker for Romo. He's the safety value for key conversions. Without him, our offense is just a bunch of peices, but with him we are an offense that can move the chains ten yards at a time.

Disrespected Still - Looking at the other team's forums, I get the feeling that we're still being overlooked. Many are expecting/banking/predicting... you name it... they think that a December collapse is guaranteed... and that will get them back in the race for the playoffs and/or the NFC East title. Well sit still my friend... Our games down the stretch include @NYG, SAN, @NOR, @WAS, PHI (in January). As far as I'm concerned... as long as I remember, Dallas has been a warm weather team. Put us in the cold and we are numb. But 3 of those last 5 games will be indoors. SAN and PHI at home and in the dome in NOR. Look closer... Washington is a lock no matter where we play. @NYG will be a huge game. All the outside advantages go to the Giants, but we have 1 strong thing going for us and that is riding in there on a potential massive winning streak. If we beat GB, we could be riding in there on an 8 game winning streak. That kind of confidence alone could carry us... add on the revenge factor and rival factor and we could be waltzing in there ready to shred. But let's take a more cautious approach for kicks. Say we lose against GB... We still should easily beat Washington and Oakland and ride into Giants Stadium with enough confidence to get them back for stealing our home opener away from us. A December collapse? Possible, but not probably. Time to earn our respect back by getting through the last part of our schedule.

Mouse Trap Game - Right now Green Bay is reelin'. 2 straight losses and they are now looking very vulnerable. Coming off a 38-28 loss against Tampa Bay, giving the Bucs their first win of the season... The Cowboys must be looking at them like hungry mice charging a big mountain of Cheese. But we must beware of these Cheeseheads. There is a trap looming right above ready to snap us in half! Green Bay is better than their 4-4 record appears on the front. They have the talent to match us. They have the home advantage. They have the cold weather advantage. They have history on their side as far as the Cowboys winning percentage in Lambeau. Sure, we beat them the last time there, but that should only make us more careful and less confident going in. Be sure they haven't fogotten that loss. We're near the top of the mountain right now and they would love nothing more than to gain their confidence back by beating a team with a record like ours. This is a trap game red alert! I won't be surprised if we lose this weekend, but I'll be pulling for the Boys!
Old 11-10-2009, 07:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I just said the same thing about GB being a trap game for us, last thing I wanted was them to lose to the Bucs, but either way if were a good team we should easily beat them no matter what.

Quote:
Old 11-10-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I just said the same thing about GB being a trap game for us, last thing I wanted was them to lose to the Bucs, but either way if were a good team we should easily beat them no matter what.
If we easily beat them (and I'm talking totallly smash them) then that would be a bigger statement game than beating Philly.

I'm just hoping we squeak out a win, I don't care how ugly it is... penalties and all. Aaron Rodgers could make Mike Jenkins his *****. *Notice I left out any praise for Jenkins in my post above*

Our best bet is Ware and the gang putting pressure and torturing Rodgers all day long. It's time for Wade to unleash the full defensive playbook and all his fancy biltz packages in this one. They are vulnerable in their pass protection.

Not afraid of Ryan Grant at all.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not the least bit concerned about December. Right now Dallas is 6-2 with 2 games against the Redskins and one against the Raiders. That accounts for what should be 9 wins. 10 definitely gets you in. They need one more win against the Eagles, Giants, Greenbay, San Diego or New Orleans. I don't care if they play miserably in December if they get in.

That being said, I'm not a big believer in playing poorly going into the playoffs as a recipe for success. But I get so tired of people harping on a bad December for Romo as his downfall. The guy is UNDEFEATED in November (iirc based on the graphic from Sunday's game). How money is that?

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 09:04 PM    (permalink
LSUALUM99
Veteran

LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LSUALUM99 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

BTW has anyone noticed that Austin quietly has 7 receiving TD's this year? I knew his yardage was sick, but 7 TD's? Comparison - Andre Johnson 4, Randy Moss 5, Reggie Wayne 6, Larry Fitz 7

Designs by Thule

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
I just wanna warn you guys not to take TNew41 too seriously. He's....let's just say, special. He's fairly harmless, though. He just needs several years of seasoning before he tries to make any more points, is all.
LSUALUM99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:31 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
BTW has anyone noticed that Austin quietly has 7 receiving TD's this year? I knew his yardage was sick, but 7 TD's? Comparison - Andre Johnson 4, Randy Moss 5, Reggie Wayne 6, Larry Fitz 7
Yeah, it's a crazy number. The guy just finds the end zone. He's on pace for 14!?!?! lol. It's bound to slow down...well maybe :)...but, his emergence has been nothing short of astounding.

He has come so far...a lot of people forget that he barely made the team his rookie year because, he pretty much sucked. Sam Hurd won a spot on the team and most believed Copper would be coming back but, Austin was given that last spot instead, and it was surprising. Dallas has had quite the eye for talent with these undrafted players and latter round draft picks over the last few years.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 11-11-2009 at 03:34 AM.
Old 11-11-2009, 06:50 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MOTH, Dallas or Parcells?
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 08:25 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
And don't forget TO= 1
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 10:50 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Quote:
Well sit still my friend... Our games down the stretch include @NYG, SAN, @NOR, @WAS, PHI (in January).
All those incl. the Thxgvg. Raiders game are winnable with the possible exceptions of the Bolts (thankfully @ home) & at the juggernaut NOLA Saints in the Katrina Thunderdome. Payton always has employed his experience as a Dallas asst. & seems to have their number, always a new Saints wrinkle just for Dallas. It will take the best A-game to beat Brees & Sean Payton. If NOLA goes up early & that crowd of Who-Dats gets into it, could be big trouble, Flozell will go legally deaf & blow about 5 snap counts.

The GB game in Lambeau will be cold, but not Ice Bowl '67 conditions. And the Packers have arguably the wort pass protection in the NFC & everybody knows it, could be blitz city when Dallas is on defense, Rodgers could get murdered if he doesnt roll out, move around or just run for his life.

The Skins are reeling now like a boxer on the ropes, & there will be a very real intimidation stigma factor from last Sunday night's win in Philly when the Eagles come to town to finish the season. The concussions may have caught up to Westbrook by now, he could be done. Someone chk the W-L rcd. of Philly vs Dallas with & without Westbrook, I'll bet the Cowboys W %age is like 100%+ when he isn't playing.

Anyone else noticed the new money shot signature finish to Dallas wins is for the TV crew to get that kodak moment of Jerry (cocktail in hand) high-fiving his son Stephen in the box as the clock runs out?

Call me overconfident, but I can crystal-ball it now & foresee an 11-5 finish, good enough for the division title. Eli's foot injury will be plaguing him all season & the Eagles continuing decline could lock it up
Old 11-11-2009, 12:37 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Someone chk the W-L rcd. of Philly vs Dallas with & without Westbrook, I'll bet the Cowboys W %age is like 100%+ when he isn't playing.
It is. Sunday was the first time Westbrook's ever missed a game against the Cowboys.

Last edited by Sniper : 11-11-2009 at 03:29 PM.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
MOTH, Dallas or Parcells?
Here we go with this again

Was Parcells here to help us find Ogletree? Because he obviously HAD to had something to do with that right? How has Miami's WR's looked since Parcells took over? You should of just followed Parcells over to the Dolphins fanbase and then you could talk about him every day like normal. I know it's never going to get old to talk about Parcells=WIN Jerruh=FAIL, but hey, I'm sure we've never discussed this conversation here once or twice before so should be fun.

Quote:
Old 11-11-2009, 03:27 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I choose to give Stephen Jones any credit for post-Parcells success :D
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote