Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-11-2009, 03:43 PM    (permalink
DMWSackMachine
The Truth
Veteran

DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DMWSackMachine is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Definitely resign Hurd if only for ST, can't afford to lose him.

Big big mega-kudos to Ratliff, he's playing Pro Bowler NT right now. As a Tide fan I rarely praise Auburn players, but I think he's in the top tier of 3-4 NTs in the league now. He got like 2-3 sacks/TFLs on Philly Sunday night, how rare is that for a disruptor NT?

ESPN called him the best defensive player on the Cowboys team at midseason. That's saying something when you have Demarcus Ware on it.....
That is a dramatic understatement, and was true two years ago, and surpassed last year.

Right now Jay Ratliff is playing as well as any interior lineman in the league. He is close to reaching Warren-Sapp-In-His-Prime type impact. The dude plays half of his snaps as the NT over the center and still finds a way to pressure the QB. If he was allowed to play his best position, as the UT playing the 3 tech in a 4 man line, for entire games, you would see him posting double digit sack seasons. As is, he's still 2nd among all interior lineman in sacks with 4 (on pace for 8) behind only Kevin Williams' 5 and has had two sacks taken away from him because of illegal contact fouls in the secondary. His ability to penetrate the pocket from the interior of the line is second to none right now. If the season ended now, he should and probably would, make the All-Pro team. He's playing that well.
He was protecting his self
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjsunstein View Post
From what? His leg?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paranoidmoonduck View Post
That leg has had it out for him since day 1.
"We're the quiet guys, the guys before the storm. And then we hit you."

DeMarcus Ware
DMWSackMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 03:48 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post
That is a dramatic understatement, and was true two years ago, and surpassed last year.

Right now Jay Ratliff is playing as well as any interior lineman in the league. He is close to reaching Warren-Sapp-In-His-Prime type impact. The dude plays half of his snaps as the NT over the center and still finds a way to pressure the QB. If he was allowed to play his best position, as the UT playing the 3 tech in a 4 man line, for entire games, you would see him posting double digit sack seasons. As is, he's still 2nd among all interior lineman in sacks with 4 (on pace for 8) behind only Kevin Williams' 5 and has had two sacks taken away from him because of illegal contact fouls in the secondary. His ability to penetrate the pocket from the interior of the line is second to none right now. If the season ended now, he should and probably would, make the All-Pro team. He's playing that well.
It's not just his ability to penetrate, but also to get sideline to sideline and follow the ball in hot pursuit. It amazes me that he keeps getting better and better.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 05:26 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

All the UDFA and late rounder you are praising are Parcells found and taught for the first few years fo their career. How anyone can state otherwise is beyond me. Oggletree being still a WIP.

It is not credible IMHO to think Stephen Jones found these players given he is a contract guy moreso than player selection and development. Hell, I'd give Jerrah more credit for Hurd than Stephen. (Sarcasm maybe on thsi point by Ward?)

But it was Parcells who helped find them and eventually made the most important decision - KEEP THEM TO DEVELOP THEM.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2009, 06:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
All the UDFA and late rounder you are praising are Parcells found and taught for the first few years fo their career. How anyone can state otherwise is beyond me. Oggletree being still a WIP.

It is not credible IMHO to think Stephen Jones found these players given he is a contract guy moreso than player selection and development. Hell, I'd give Jerrah more credit for Hurd than Stephen. (Sarcasm maybe on thsi point by Ward?)

But it was Parcells who helped find them and eventually made the most important decision - KEEP THEM TO DEVELOP THEM.
Can you specifically name the posters who you are referring to? We all know who is and who isn't a Parcells guy. Parcells was the single greatest person who got our team out of the gutter. He's loved by many Dallas fans. ...even Ward, who used to be a huge Parcells basher in the past.

Stop trying to act like you're the only one who appreciates Parcells. Don't be so defensive when his mistakes are mentioned either. He's had his fair share of blunders even if you don't want to acknowledge them. You really don't know how much a guy like me loved Parcells. If only you witnessed the wars newkwhy and I had over him. The bottom line is that he did a helluva lot of good everywhere he's gone, but has only won a SB with one team. He's a fixer upper... not a finisher.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:25 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Can you specifically name the posters who you are referring to?
I was pretty specific.

Quote:
MOTH, Dallas or Parcells?
Quote:
..... Hell, I'd give Jerrah more credit for Hurd than Stephen. (Sarcasm maybe on thsi point by Ward?).......
I also asked questions to see if I misunderstood. ? marks show that. I however did not start attacking them personally .....

Quote:
Stop trying to act like you're the only one who appreciates Parcells. Don't be so defensive when his mistakes are mentioned either. .......
And I addressed them, not you so why start in with me?

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-11-2009 at 07:40 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

This is what I was asking you to be specific in. Not the one about Moth that you asked 7 posts ago.

That is also a very condensating sentence. Do you realize that?

You can use the word "attacking" if you want, but that's your words. Attacking personally is against the rules, yes. But if you think you have the freedom to attack a group of people just because you don't mention any names, then you're mistaken.

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-11-2009 at 07:37 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:37 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
This is what I was asking you to be specific in. Not the one about Moth that you asked 7 posts ago.

You can use the word "attacking" if you want, but that's your words.
I would love to condensate my sentences. As Lincoln said, sorry for writing a two page letter, I did not have time to write a one pager.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-11-2009 at 07:39 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I would love to condensate my sentences. As Lincoln said, sorry for writing a two page letter, I did not have time to write a two pager.
Kudos. You got me. The condescending continues...
Old 11-11-2009, 07:41 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
So to you this is bad .....

Quote:
All the UDFA and late rounder you are praising are Parcells found and taught for the first few years fo their career. How anyone can state otherwise is beyond me.
....... but this is not?

Quote:
Stop trying to act like you're the only one who appreciates Parcells. Don't be so defensive when his mistakes are mentioned either. .......
Can we poll this??????????????

And I was specific on MOTH and Ward.

But more importantly, can you put me on ignore please? Pretty please?

Right now I could discover a cancer cure and all you would focus on is how I did it because I was greedy for money at the expense of the suffering.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 11-11-2009 at 07:45 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
So to you this is bad .....

....... but this is not?

Can we poll this??????????????

And I was specific on MOTH and Ward.

But more importantly, can you put me on ignore please? Pretty please?

Right now I could discover a cancer cure and all you would focus on is how I did it because I was greedy for money at the expense of the suffering.
Why is me saying don't be defensive an attack? I mean is that really your best ammo?

The impression that you give me is that you think you're in a boat of your own in support of Parcells. If you truly look at the complete picture then you know that there are many mistakes Parcells did while he was here. I don't ever recall you listing those. Are you being fair with yourself?

Yes Bob, you were specific to MOTH and Ward. That however, has nothing to do with the question I posed to you. I quoted your post about the UDFAs/Parcells players that were being talked about. Neither MOTH nor Ward were talking about them, were they? I asked you to specifially mention who the people you said in this statement was. Who is the "anyone"?

"All the UDFA and late rounder you are praising are Parcells found and taught for the first few years fo their career. How anyone can state otherwise is beyond me."

Who is the "anyone"? Because you are obviously up in arms about the thought of it and are pointing fingers somewhere as if to look down upon them for thinking that. I wanna know who.? Because I sincerely don't think anyone here is a Parcells basher. If people point out his mistakes it doesn't mean they are totally one sided in that they hate him. A person can both point out good and bad things that Parcells has done. To me that's taking a realistic approach.

I'm not putting you on ignore because despite the way you communicate your thoughts, I like your analysis of the Cowboys.

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-11-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:49 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

I really wish I could put myself on your ignore feature D-Unit. Seriously.

Can the Blog Software Company create that feature?
Old 11-11-2009, 10:53 PM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMWSackMachine View Post

Absolutely right.

As far as the BP/Jerry-Stephen wars: Both sides have done good things. Both have done bad things.

Oddly enough, BP was way better at draft late than drafting early.

Jay Ratliff, Jason Witten and Patrick Crayton were incredible values.

Miles Austin and Tony Romo undrafted is just mind boggling.

You know what else is mind boggling, though? Wanting to draft Marcus Spears over DeMarcus Ware. Wanting to draft Dewayne Robertson over Terence Newman. Wanting to draft Al Johnson over Jason Witten, EJ Henderson and Darnell Dockett.

Skyler Green. Jacob Rogers. Ugh.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:29 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Can we officially add the bum Julius Jones to that list too?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:31 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Julius Jones and Marcus Spears for Stephen Jackson...safe to say that was a bad trade.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:36 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Julius Jones and Marcus Spears for Stephen Jackson...safe to say that was a bad trade.
I have been thinking that exact thought over the past few days as I've looked over Jackson's career numbers and think about what he could be doing here with a balanced attack, huge Houck line, and any of the 3 guys we already have at RB would have still been available. Steven Jackson + Felix: are you kidding me? It seemed like the stars were aligned when he fell, and Julius fooled a lot of us into thinking BP had figured it all out. Now we have better perspective. Alternative history is interesting, but I'll admit ultimately pointless.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 12:40 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I have been thinking that exact thought over the past few days as I've looked over Jackson's career numbers and think about what he could be doing here with a balanced attack, huge Houck line, and any of the 3 guys we already have at RB would have still been available. Steven Jackson + Felix: are you kidding me? It seemed like the stars were aligned when he fell, and Julius fooled a lot of us into thinking BP had figured it all out. Now we have better perspective. Alternative history is interesting, but I'll admit ultimately pointless.
I was pretty mad when we traded down...however nothing made me madder than selecting Greg Ellis over Randy Moss...that was another stars aligning moment.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-12-2009, 12:47 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I have nightmares of Shante Carver being available in the draft again.
Old 11-12-2009, 12:55 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

With no cap to be in place...I think we might see some players cut more than normal. Does anyone forsee a player on our team that will be cut?

I think Hamlin is a no brainer...but I also wonder if Crayton might have a similar fate that TO last year...where he is cut to give the younger guys more time.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-12-2009, 01:42 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
With no cap to be in place...I think we might see some players cut more than normal. Does anyone forsee a player on our team that will be cut?

I think Hamlin is a no brainer...but I also wonder if Crayton might have a similar fate that TO last year...where he is cut to give the younger guys more time.
Not gonna predict.. but I hope Hamlin and Crayton get cut.

If Jerry really is high on Doug Free, then I want Jerry to put his money where his mouth is and cut Flozell too. Otherwise, draft a damn LT in Round 1! LOL. :p

I wouldn't be shocked if he cut Roy Williams or Terence Newman. Hard to say though.
Old 11-12-2009, 01:52 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Not gonna predict.. but I hope Hamlin and Crayton get cut.

If Jerry really is high on Doug Free, then I want Jerry to put his money where his mouth is and cut Flozell too. Otherwise, draft a damn LT in Round 1! LOL. :p

I wouldn't be shocked if he cut Roy Williams or Terence Newman. Hard to say though.
Way to much money invested in Roy to cut him...that is crazy talk. Cap or not...owners aren't going to pay players tons of money to get nothing for them.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 11-12-2009, 02:03 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Way to much money invested in Roy to cut him...that is crazy talk. Cap or not...owners aren't going to pay players tons of money to get nothing for them.
Yeah, that's true. But I'm not denying that I am Crazy!!! :p
Old 11-12-2009, 07:17 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

It was Kevin Williams over Terence Newman.
Old 11-12-2009, 10:07 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How is Garrett doing now? How do you guys like Miles? When I talked to Miles this summer I told him make NJ proud, and I am very glad he is doing it. He is such a cool guy to chill with, and humble to.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:19 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
If Jerry really is high on Doug Free, then I want Jerry to put his money where his mouth is and cut Flozell too. Otherwise, draft a damn LT in Round 1! LOL.
Here, here! I'll 2nd that.

It takes on avg. 2-3 yrs. of playing in the NFL to train a good LT, but in the cap era every team is impatient so they work the FA mkt. Dallas got mega-lucky with Columbo as a FA, a gem of a BC interior lineman landing in our lap, Christmas came early that yr.

Dallas won't be that lucky again with a FA O-lineman IMO, pick the apple from the tree instead of the rotten barrel. I don't see a Joe Thomas or even a D'Brickashaw in this yr's crop for the 2010 draft, maybe Okung is as good as they say, IDK. A 1st for him seems like a big risk.

But a replacement for Flozell is the bottom line here, getting rid of his snap count blowing ass is imperative. Reupping him last yr to a big contract was as I've posted here several times before a major mistake. Dallas needs some youth & quickness with good footwork in its o-linemen, they can't afford to let the whole o-line get old together.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 10:24 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

If I was Jerrah I would scour young back-ups on their first contract who play behind a high end LT and try to sign them FA.

Anyone like that that comes to mind??