Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-16-2006, 09:25 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

What's the Cowboys' gameplan for Vick? They're getting quite a few sack for it to be a containment pass rush.
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:26 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
What's the Cowboys' gameplan for Vick? They're getting quite a few sack for it to be a containment pass rush.
Keep him in the pocket and drop 7 or 8 back in coverage IMO.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:28 PM    (permalink
fryman
Rookie

fryman hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

man I wish I could watch this game
fryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 09:29 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
Quote:
Originally Posted by fryman
I'm guessing the Lelie TD was on Newman?
That's what I was told. Newman was in good position but Vick put it where it couldn't be contested.
It was. Newman had perfect position on the play, he reached around to swat the ball down, and missed it by literally an inch. It almost looked like the ball went through his hand in real time, that's how close it was. He got beat for a TD on the exact same play earlier in the game, but fortunately for him it was called back because Atlanta lined up in an illegal formation.
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:11 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Roy Williams....Maybe you should stop trying for the hit and start practicing your coverage skills. Thank the lord that Ware and Henry stood up after getting killed by Roy Roy.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:20 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
WE DON'T DESERVE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

WE'RE CHOKING IN THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
I might have overreacted a little bit.
I can't help it I'm overly emotional.
WOW what a game what a win! We responded well to adversity and kept fighting our butts off.

Final score 38-28 survey says one more for the good guys!!! :D :D
Old 12-16-2006, 10:24 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man I wish I could see this game. How on Earth did you give up 28????!!!!

And Carp got 1.5 sacks. Did he look as good as the stat sheet say?
Old 12-16-2006, 10:27 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

I don't remember the half sack so can't say anything about that. But he was spying Vick on the sack and closed the gap FAST. I think he has a ware-like first step.

.....Ware has good hands.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:28 PM    (permalink
Pit Bull #53
Team Leader
All-Pro

Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Pit Bull #53 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

What's with you guys and fullbacks the past two weeks?
Pit Bull #53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:33 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pit Bull #53
What's with you guys and fullbacks the past two weeks?
Same thing that happened in Washington last year with Cooley. I'm very surprised that it took till the Saints did it for people to notice it. If we blitz Ware then there's NO ONE in the flats.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:34 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:

Um no, last week was the biggest game of the year for you IMO win or lose.
Um no, you're wrong. This is the big game. If we would have lost, we would be out of first place.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:38 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Quote:

Um no, you're wrong. This is the big game. If we would have lost, we would be out of first place.
Beeecause you lost last week, in the most important game of the season. If you had won that game you not only would have won the division, but also had been the 2nd seed.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:39 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Oh no, TO admitted he spat on Hall. He's gone for next game. Hopefully he'll just get fined, I can't believe he's acting like it is no big deal.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:40 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense

Bobby Carpenter played great and I don't think that's an exaggeration. I was extremely impressed with Bobby, and this is coming from someone who was highly critical of him earlier in the season. I think we actually used Bobby as a spy on Vick occasionally and he did pretty well with that, one of his sacks came on a play where I'm pretty sure he was used as a spy.

As far as us giving up 28, well we had way too many mental mistakes on defense early in the game combined with a lack of pass rush. I think the safeties big surprise messed up on at least two of Vicks TD throws. On the one to Lelie he beat Newman but it was really on the lack of pass rush, we gave Vick forever to throw. Henry als got beat for a couple long throws but I think the safety messed up on that too.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:40 PM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Beeecause you lost last week, in the most important game of the season. If you had won that game you not only would have won the division, but also had been the 2nd seed.
So that makes this game the most important. What are you not understanding? We were still in first place. While it would have been great to have won that game, we did not. Since we did not, this game became the big one.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:41 PM    (permalink
Staubach12
All-Pro

Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Staubach12 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number-94
Oh no, TO admitted he spat on Hall. He's gone for next game. Hopefully he'll just get fined, I can't believe he's acting like it is no big deal.
Oh dear God...This is bad.

BoneKrusher
Staubach12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:45 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staubach12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number-94
Oh dear God...This is bad.
It's already running over and over on NFL network.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:48 PM    (permalink
bearsfan_51
The Professor (Hall of Famer)
Legend

bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bearsfan_51 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

So that makes this game the most important. What are you not understanding? We were still in first place. While it would have been great to have won that game, we did not. Since we did not, this game became the big one.
1)Had you lost this game, but still beat the Saints you'd still be the #2 seed.

2)Losing to the Saints gives the Saints the tiebreaker. Therefore, even if the Saints lose this week, they're still the #2

3)Theeeeerefore, last week was more important for your playoff seeding than this week, regardless of the results of the other game.

This isn't a matter of opinion, it's the way the playoff bracketing works. If you still do not understand this, I suggest finding some traffic to play in.

Nobody cares about your stupid fantasy team.
bearsfan_51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 10:56 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

BF51, that's a little excessive even if it is a joke.

The bottom line is the biggest game of the season is always the one you're playing right now as far as I'm concerned. Obviously the Saints game was big but if we had lost this game to ATL we wouldn't even be leading the division as we don't hold tie breakers with respect to the Giants. Furthermore when I said that it was at least partly in jest as there was still a lot of time remaining in the game.

I love me some MB3!!! If you still think he doesn't deserve to start, with all due respect you're crazy.
Old 12-16-2006, 10:57 PM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

2)Losing to the Saints gives the Saints the tiebreaker. Therefore, even if the Saints lose this week, they're still the #2

3)Theeeeerefore, last week was more important for your playoff seeding than this week, regardless of the results of the other game.

This isn't a matter of opinion, it's the way the playoff bracketing works. If you still do not understand this, I suggest finding some traffic to play in.
Thank you.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:03 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

whats up with this spitting? i watched the game, and watched parcells as well as romo's interview after the game and i didnt hear anything about it? if he didnt get flagged for it in the game i doubt he will miss any time
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:04 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thank you.
and why are people arguing over something as stupid as which game is the biggest?
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Number-94

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
whats up with this spitting? i watched the game, and watched parcells as well as romo's interview after the game and i didnt hear anything about it? if he didnt get flagged for it in the game i doubt he will miss any time
I think the Carmelo Anthony/NBA brawl thing will get more media coverage.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:05 PM    (permalink
Pokeys
Veteran

Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.Pokeys hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Probably didnt even hit Hall... Either way I dont care, we won and clinched a playoff spot.

Texas Longhorns: CB Marcus Davis, QB Garrett Gilbert, OT Mason Walters, RB Chris Whaley! The next great batch.
Pokeys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Man, I saw the highlights.

TNew is so damn good. Vick had like 7 seconds to throw, and Newman STILL stuck his guy like glue. That was a perfect pass...Newman is unbelievable, easily your best defensive player. If anything, that TD pass made me even more impressed by Tnew's performance.

Henry looked like he was getting owned.

And the pass rush from what I saw looked average again. Ware had a great game, but you still would like to see more out of him in pass rushing. Im starting to think he'd make a better SAM.

Oh, and TO is a punk. I hate that guy so much.