Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 11-30-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Anyone else think that we can beat New Orleans? I sure do. I can't wait for that match up. Honestly, I think we'll have a harder time beating the Giants.

I don't think Dallas can beat the Saints the way their offense is playing now. And Sean Payton completely outcoached Parcells for thier big upset in the last meeting, 2-3 TDs from their FB going into the EZ untouched, inexcusable.

The Giants seem to have that stigma over Dallas, that rivalry thing & all. But the way the Giants are playing now, IDK...................
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 03:56 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Anyone else think that we can beat New Orleans? I sure do. I can't wait for that match up. Honestly, I think we'll have a harder time beating the Giants.
I don't think the Saints defense is as good as everyone has made it seem. It seems to me, and I haven't researched this, that if you don't turn the ball over, you can put up points on them. So, yes, I think we've got a shot at beating them.

As for the Giants, I just think they are in a bad way right now. Their secondary, especially the safety position, is just not very good. If you can block them up front, they just can't cover. Period.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 04:15 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This is a must win for the Giants. They know everything about how to beat us. This is in their home. Cold weather. I don't buy into how teams look going into games to be honest. ...if it's just bad play that is. Injuries are legit. But bad play? Doesn't mean a heck of a lot to me. Guys can turn on the switch and turn bad play into good play in an instant.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just don't think their problems are fixable. Their secondary is just bad.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 11-30-2009, 06:09 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I just don't think their problems are fixable. Their secondary is just bad.
Giants? NO? Both?
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2009, 06:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think he means the Giants. I don't care what the perception is like. The Giants will make it one tough game. Webster and Thomas are good corners.

As for NOR... New England will write the playbook on how to beat them tonight. Thier D ain't that good. No Sedrick Ellis... Shanle and Fujita are their LBs... c'mon now. Very beatable. Their offense is finesse. NE has always beat up on finesse offenses.

Last edited by D-Unit : 11-30-2009 at 06:31 PM.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:39 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The way to beat NO is to force Brees into throwing deep patterns under pressure or sideline patterns. Play zone with the LB, avoid playing 2 Deep Safeties and move the safeties closer to the line, and have the CBs shade inside.

He sees them "open" but he under throws them when he is getting pressured. ESPECIALLY PRESSURE UP THE MIDDLE.

FWIW, Nicks plays for NO. Sad. Reminds me of Blalock, another Guard we simply missed on.
Old 11-30-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
The way to beat NO is to force Brees into throwing deep patterns under pressure or sideline patterns. Play zone with the LB, avoid playing 2 Deep Safeties and move the safeties closer to the line, and have the CBs shade inside.

He sees them "open" but he under throws them when he is getting pressured. ESPECIALLY PRESSURE UP THE MIDDLE.

FWIW, Nicks plays for NO. Sad. Reminds me of Blalock, another Guard we simply missed on.
I agree. If Brees doesn't get pressured then he can pick apart a defense and he's very comfortable throwing to his check down reads to his TE or RBs when nothing is open deep. But generating that pressure is easier said than done. We need Spencer to have the same kind of performance that he had last week. We need Ware to have a top game and I would like to see ILB, CB and S blitzes. Heck, I always want to see those. But I trust Wade to do the right thing on D.

What scares me more is Garrett. He needs to control the clock and run the ball with authority. Keep Brees off the field, keep the defense fresh and run the ball. I fear he'll resort to the pass... and if this becomes a passing battle where whoever has the ball last wins, then Dallas will lose.

Blalock was possibly my favorite OG prospect of all time. The way scouts hyped up Nicks leading up to the draft made me think of him as a tackle in the NFL. Kudos to the Saints for making him a Guard. I always think highly of guard who were prior OTs. Just like I like OTs that were prior TEs.
Old 11-30-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

All Saints big plays are between the numbers. GMen and Patriots game same type of plan. Move guys around, draw the safeties and ILB out of position and throw the ball down the middle. Brees can not make the sideline throws past 10 yards.

Excited about the next two weeks.
Old 12-01-2009, 12:11 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well the Pats didn't help anyone out by showing the blueprint on how to beat the Saints. Let's face it, this isn't the Pats defense of a few years ago. It's got a lot of holes in it. Not much pressure on Brees equaled plenty of time to pick apart that weak secondary.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:15 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The pats had no pressure up the middle. And the one or two plays they did they didn't have contain. Ratliff is just what the doctor ordered to stop this defense.

However James and Brooking might just be what the doctor ordered for the saint with the RB and TE's in the flat.

BTW would have been nice to have a Mickens or McCallister on the roster. A savy vet that can make big plays in big games. I hate our depth right now with ball spending more time at FS...we really can't afford a single injury to our top 3 CB's.

Ty Law please come to town.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 02:10 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The pats had no pressure up the middle. And the one or two plays they did they didn't have contain. Ratliff is just what the doctor ordered to stop this defense.

However James and Brooking might just be what the doctor ordered for the saint with the RB and TE's in the flat.

BTW would have been nice to have a Mickens or McCallister on the roster. A savy vet that can make big plays in big games. I hate our depth right now with ball spending more time at FS...we really can't afford a single injury to our top 3 CB's.

Ty Law please come to town.
Yeeesh... Ty Law? 5 years to late. I think you meant McKenzie and not Mickens. But yeah, they looked good tonight.

I hear you about CB depth. It's why I have Perrish Cox as the #2 guy on my draft board for us. The good news is, the CB free agent class is excellent. I really think Newman's career at CB is no longer effective.
Old 12-01-2009, 02:57 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok so here's what's left:

@ New York
San Diego
@ New Orleans
@ Washington
aaaand Philly.

With this knowledge, what is your best case/worst case for the remainder of the season? I can see 0-5 and the meltdown that everyone is waiting for at worst, and only 3-2 at best. Side question: how many wins will get us in?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 03:16 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post

@ New York
San Diego
@ New Orleans
@ Washington
aaaand Philly.

With this knowledge, what is your best case/worst case for the remainder of the season? I can see 0-5 and the meltdown that everyone is waiting for at worst, and only 3-2 at best. Side question: how many wins will get us in?

I think we go 3-2, 2 wins gets us in the playoffs if you ask me. It's a tough stretch, I think it will show us how good we truly are. I want to lean towards 4-1, I honestly think we'll beat one of San Diego or New Orleans and lose a game we shouldn't have any business losing.

2-3 would be disappointing for me, but there is no way we do anything worse then that. This team isn't going to just collapse completely.

After 2nite if we beat New Orleans though I could care less what we do with the rest of the games, they look like the best team in the NFL at this point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 04:12 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:

@ New York
San Diego
@ New Orleans
@ Washington
aaaand Philly.

5-0 at best. 0-5 at worst.

Prediction:
@ New York - W - We're splitting the series this season.
San Diego - W - Wade has owned them.
@ New Orleans - L - NOR looks pretty unstoppable.
@ Washington - L - They want revenge BAAAAAAAAAAAAD.
aaaand Philly - W - We want revenge BAAAAAAAAAAAD.
Old 12-01-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Good Tony = 4-1
Bad Tony = 2-3
Old 12-01-2009, 10:15 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

@ New York
San Diego
@ New Orleans
@ Washington
aaaand Philly.

I'm going to be optimistic for once.

Best case: 3-2
Worst case: 0-5, Romo December meltdown (the curse!)

2-3 more wins = playoff berth b/c the Giants are playing down to their potential, the Skins suck & Philly is at best struggling. This could be yr. Dallas finishes strong & takes the NFC East if they stay relatively injury free.

There will be much media conjecture about Dallas being unable to beat teams with winning rcds, Romo unable to handle big game pressure & throwing INTs, etc. Or not.

Dallas prevails b/c they're better coached than the playcalling indicates, their defense can hold the lead the offense acquires, & the rest of the NFC East has much more fail potential than they do.

My take on how it goes down:
  • @ New York : W, Giants playing like crap now & have lost their mojo
  • San Diego : L, Bolts are red hot now
  • @ New Orleans : L, Saints are redder hot now, could go 16-0, Payton used to coach in Dallas & has their number
  • @ Washington : W, Skins defense showing its age, Zorn has one foot out of town & assts. fired, lots of them going through the motions in December
  • aaaand Philly : W, Dallas clearly outcoached them last time & can again

Last edited by LizardState : 12-01-2009 at 10:17 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

@ New York
San Diego
@ New Orleans
@ Washington
aaaand Philly.

I think 11-5 guarantees us to be in, but 10-6 could do it.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:46 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
The Giants scare me this week. 1- it's in NY 2- NY is a desperate team right now.

Desperate teams can tend to pull out big victories.
Old 12-01-2009, 10:52 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Here's my thoughts on the state of our team and our schedule for the remainder of the season. I'm not jumping the gun here trying to make predictions, but I like the attitude and direction were heading in. Now is the time that we show that killer instinct we have lacked the last several years. We have no gimme's the next 5 weeks and call me silly, but I like it that way.

My only prediction is that you'll see a different Cowboys team this December than in years past. It will be positive!
Old 12-01-2009, 11:00 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

@ New York - W - I just think thier defense looks old and slow. I listened to Michael Lombardi on the Ticket this morning and he said that their front 7 is really slow. He said it should be a big game for Felix.

San Diego - L - I go back and forth on this one. I truly think this is a toss up game.

@ New Orleans L - I think we give them a pretty good game...something like 31-27.

@ Washington W - Age on defense and injuries are taking a toll. They will play thier butts off, but we pull away 24-13.

aaaand Philly. W - I think use the same gameplan. Keep the safeties deep and come after Donovan.

Agree Leroy. The main thing is that I just think this is a very different team than years past. They have a different vibe and chemistry. Also, they are very healthy relatively speaking.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-01-2009, 11:42 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think we can take San Diego, Sensabaugh should do a decent job on Gates especially if we double him, VJ should give us trouble but Jenkins is a physical guy, and they really haven't had the running game going as of lately.

The defense gives up big yardage and Merriman is nowhere near the same player, so we can make plays. It will be a fun ass game to watch honestly, with the Saints I just want to see if we can keep it close in the 4th quarter and I'll take a moral victory. They beat the Pats ass to where they took out the starters as they have most teams, I just want to see if we can slow them down and make it a game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 12:46 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by leroyisgod View Post
The Giants scare me this week. 1- it's in NY 2- NY is a desperate team right now.

Desperate teams can tend to pull out big victories.
We are horrible! I hate Sheridan, and never liked that hire. If we win, I'd be the most surprised person ever.. Eli is hurt and has been hurt, and our defense can't stop anyone in the red zone. This is like the Hufangel-Lewis era again, the original dumb and dumber hired along with Coughlin in '04.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I think we can take San Diego, Sensabaugh should do a decent job on Gates especially if we double him, VJ should give us trouble but Jenkins is a physical guy, and they really haven't had the running game going as of lately.

The defense gives up big yardage and Merriman is nowhere near the same player, so we can make plays. It will be a fun ass game to watch honestly, with the Saints I just want to see if we can keep it close in the 4th quarter and I'll take a moral victory. They beat the Pats ass to where they took out the starters as they have most teams, I just want to see if we can slow them down and make it a game.
SD's running game doesn't scare me. I could be wrong, but it has seemed like bigger more physical backs have hurt us worse this year than the smaller faster guys.

SD's passing game scares me. Big, strong physical receivers. Jenkins I'm fine with, he can man up on VJ, but T-New scares me against the other guys. I think Sensabaugh can handle Gates for the most part.
Old 12-02-2009, 05:50 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man...lots of future talk going on. I just want to win against the Giants. That is a big enough challenge.

I have to agree with herniated disc (Rob). Romo is the key. Good Romo equals wins. Bad Romo equals losses. I hope noone is looking too far into the future (New Orleans). That game is not this week. One game at a time...as the cliche goes.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote