Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-14-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

D-Unit, I think I'm with you now on JG. I've defended him quite a bit. Now, I'm not putting this all on him because the players have to execute, but on those 4 goal line plays, you have to at least mix it up on one of those.

But really, JG is not the big issue here. Teams take on the personality of their leader. Wade is passive and complacent and this team is passive and complacent. They have no killer instinct and as Romo said, they have no attention to detail. That's coaching.

D, it's time to start a new coach thread!

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wish Folk had made his FG. :/
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:42 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

i'm guessing Folk gets benched for Bueler this week.

who is going to start in place of Ware this week? Carp?
Old 12-14-2009, 12:50 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Wade just said they'll test out Bueler this week. Probably a week too late though:(

I'm guessing Victor Butler will start in place of Ware. Let's see if this rookie can play. Definitely has big shoes to fill.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 01:55 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

One thing that needs to happen next year is that Ogletree needs to take over for Crayton.

Crayton is steady, but we need more speed on the field.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-14-2009, 04:13 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
i'm guessing Folk gets benched for Bueler this week.

who is going to start in place of Ware this week? Carp?
Victor Butler most likely.
Old 12-14-2009, 04:18 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
D-Unit, I think I'm with you now on JG. I've defended him quite a bit. Now, I'm not putting this all on him because the players have to execute, but on those 4 goal line plays, you have to at least mix it up on one of those.

But really, JG is not the big issue here. Teams take on the personality of their leader. Wade is passive and complacent and this team is passive and complacent. They have no killer instinct and as Romo said, they have no attention to detail. That's coaching.

D, it's time to start a new coach thread!
Yeah well it was the 4th down call I had issues with. The rest is fine. Give props to the Chargers for stopping you. Barber was close couple times.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 04:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barber usually flies over the pile. Where was that call?
Old 12-14-2009, 04:47 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

What do you guys think about Ron Rivera?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-14-2009, 05:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
What do you guys think about Ron Rivera?
Rather have others. Don't want us to be his guinea pig as his first run as HC.
Old 12-14-2009, 07:08 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just think JG will get the job. It would allow us to keep a lot of the same guys on our coaching staff in place. He isn't one of the big guys on the market but all of those guys want GM say it seems. Hell I'm not even sure what I'll feel if I'm right. But the fit is there a change will be made and the best case scenario is getting 2 vets to coordinate the game. I'm just not sure if that will happen I have a feeling we could see another Garrett at OC maybe.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Hindsight being 20/20 watching T-New decline so fast really makes me wish Jerry had listened to Bill and drafted Kevin Williams who is a little younger and still playing at a very high level. Oh well Terence was very solid until this season.
Old 12-14-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Looking back I would have loved to have Singletary in here. He is the Anti-Wade. With Jerry running things we won't have a coach with heart until he is gone for good.

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I just think JG will get the job. It would allow us to keep a lot of the same guys on our coaching staff in place. He isn't one of the big guys on the market but all of those guys want GM say it seems. Hell I'm not even sure what I'll feel if I'm right. But the fit is there a change will be made and the best case scenario is getting 2 vets to coordinate the game. I'm just not sure if that will happen I have a feeling we could see another Garrett at OC maybe.
If that happens, then we just prolong our losing and watch the players in their prime not win.
Old 12-14-2009, 10:36 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
Looking back I would have loved to have Singletary in here. He is the Anti-Wade. With Jerry running things we won't have a coach with heart until he is gone for good.
Don't remind me. I lead that bandwagon.

I'm favoring Dom Capers myself right now. I think he could take us to the next level.
Old 12-15-2009, 12:10 AM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I know it's late but, did Steve Young compare Aikman to Alex Smith, Frank Gore to Emmitt Smith, and Michael Crabtree to Michael Irvin?

edit

and Vernon Davis to Jay Novacek?

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 01:40 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Don't remind me. I lead that bandwagon.

I'm favoring Dom Capers myself right now. I think he could take us to the next level.
I can't remember where I stood and I'm afraid to look, but Singletary simply seems like the a no BS kinda guy. Also, there's got to be an advantage to having a coach who players will instinctively trust because they all know who the '85 Bears were. Singletary is new to the coaching ranks, but he's already a legend no matter what happens to his career now. So even without the coaching experience, he's got the resume. Given the results, it does seem obvious. Turner would even seem an upgrade...

Everything bad is somehow Jason Garrett's fault.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I can't remember where I stood and I'm afraid to look, but Singletary simply seems like the a no BS kinda guy. Also, there's got to be an advantage to having a coach who players will instinctively trust because they all know who the '85 Bears were. Singletary is new to the coaching ranks, but he's already a legend no matter what happens to his career now. So even without the coaching experience, he's got the resume. Given the results, it does seem obvious. Turner would even seem an upgrade...

Everything bad is somehow Jason Garrett's fault.
My wife could be wearing Granny panties tonight, it would be Jason Garrett's fault! LOL.

Seriously cannot put up with him any longer... but I know I have to.

I thought we had a chance when Jerry interviewed Singletary. I was really really hoping. Started a Singletary for Dallas HC sig petition for kicks! It was hilarious. Jerry passed up on character and instead chose experience. Such a weak argument. Mike would've been perfect. His 3-4 Defense has been working just fine in San Fran with way less talent. Seriously though... I think it came down to Jason Garrett and Garrett being more easily acceptable to coaching under an experienced HC in Wade than an inexperience HC in Singletary.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:38 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Also, I used the word 'success', and what I meant to say was 'relative success' or 'improvement'.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 08:53 AM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Jason Garrett for HC. I see it as a win/win if we can pull in a veteran OC/DC. Which I'm sure won't be easy with Jerry at the helm, but I don't see the whole Garrett is the reason for our failures like everyone else does. I have a huge feeling if he's fired he'll leave and become the next Sparano/Payton.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

The owner and general manager should never be the same person. I'm not aware of any other team that has this set up.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Rather have others. Don't want us to be his guinea pig as his first run as HC.
What others?

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-15-2009, 02:10 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
What others?
San Diego fans are honestly hoping Wade comes back as their new DC. They don't even like Rivera.

I like Capers, cowher, shanny has some pros and cons... If Del Rio is fired, I like him...
Old 12-15-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

I'm not too keen on Capers. I think Cowher is overrated. Shanny I think would be a solid hire. Del Rio is an interesting name.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-15-2009, 02:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Garrett has done nothing the past 2 years to prove he should, or could be a good HC for us. Last week he called a good game IMO, but HC is a whole new ball game that I don't think he's ready for. If we don't make some major coaching changes it'll be the same thing every year. There are too many teams with better records, or playing better with less talent.

Sad that we are wasting a great year by Romo in which I think he could do some damage in the playoffs and we'll likely not even make it.

I like Shanny the most right now, he'd do wonders for Romo.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote