Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-15-2009, 02:18 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
The owner and general manager should never be the same person. I'm not aware of any other team that has this set up.

Your 2nd statement is wrong, but it makes your 1st statement that much more correct.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:21 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Some of you guys are giving up on the playoffs already?

You do realize youre 1 game ahead of the Giants, and could possibly play an Eagles team at the end of the season that will rest its starters?

The Giants still have the Skins who have played VERY well lately, Panthers (should be a win) and Vikings. If the Vikings play their starters, and or if we lose to the skins, youre probably makin it to the playoffs.

The Giants need a serious chokejob by Dallas to get in.

I see the Giants going 9-7, which means Dallas has to lose 2 more to blow this.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post

You do realize youre 1 game ahead of the Giants, and could possibly play an Eagles team at the end of the season that will rest its starters?

The Giants still have the Skins who have played VERY well lately, Panthers (should be a win) and Vikings. If the Vikings play their starters, and or if we lose to the skins, youre probably makin it to the playoffs.

If we lose to NO, and you guys win out, you make it in right? I don't even see Minny playing a full game to end the season vs you guys.

I honestly don't have any hope of playoffs, this team has shown that we shouldn't get our hopes up anyway. I'd love for them to prove me wrong but until it happens there is no shame in me being as pessimistic as possible about the outcome.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:30 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
If we lose to NO, and you guys win out, you make it in right? I don't even see Minny playing a full game to end the season vs you guys.

I honestly don't have any hope of playoffs, this team has shown that we shouldn't get our hopes up anyway. I'd love for them to prove me wrong but until it happens there is no shame in me being as pessimistic as possible about the outcome.
That is correct. If you lose and we win out, we're in. But I don't see us winning out. This Giants team has shown that its very erratic. The only "playoff caliber" team we've beaten all season has been the Cowboys.

I don't think its a guarantee we beat the Redskins. The Skins are winless in our division. What are the chances that they go 0-6 in the division? That scares me. I think one of our teams is going to lose to them.

Thats why I think we may go 9-7. We're going to lose one of these games that we're supposed to win. Which in my eyes, means you guys have to lose to NO and either Washington or Philly.

Thats going to be tough. And the way NO has been playing, losing to them is no guarantee either. NO is banged up and can be had right now.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not giving up, but even if we do, I don't see us making a deep run and I think JJ has seen enough from Wade.

I think we still probably make it in, but we have to go to Philly most likely. I have no confidence in this team going to Philly winning a playoff game.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:43 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yeah, it is good time to talk about changing Coach. But, It is a lot of if there. If we won the next three games, we will win the division.
If we won the last two games, and the Giants won all three, and Eagles won one for the remaining season, all three teams will tired and all three team management need to do the math, see who will win the division, who will be the wildcard, and who will package home.
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well BBD, would it really be a choke job considering the difficulty of schedule? If we're heavily favored and we lose then fine, but I doubt that will be the case. Right now making the playoffs is in major limbo. The G-men have a cupcake schedule.

That said. I'll be the first to say that Dallas will beat NOR this weekend.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

If Dallas beats NO, I'm almost positive that would be the end of the Giants chances.

I think this could very well come down to the last game of the season. I love it, and hate it at the same time.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post

Your 2nd statement is wrong, but it makes your 1st statement that much more correct.
Haha, I remembered about Al after I posted that but I wasn't sure if he had the official title of owner/gm like Jerry but he obviously has the final say so it's the same scenario.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:06 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

[quote=bigbluedefense;1924749]Some of you guys are giving up on the playoffs already?

I see the Giants going 9-7, which means Dallas has to lose 2 more to blow this.[/QUOTE/]

I would be mildly surprised if we won more than one more game. I can't see us beating New Orleans or Philly and Washington is playing pretty well and we only beat them by 1 point at home.
Old 12-16-2009, 07:58 AM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Well BBD, would it really be a choke job considering the difficulty of schedule? If we're heavily favored and we lose then fine, but I doubt that will be the case. Right now making the playoffs is in major limbo. The G-men have a cupcake schedule.

That said. I'll be the first to say that Dallas will beat NOR this weekend.
cupcake schedule with for a cupcake defense. So basically we have to play our games like a shootout. I been on a staff where the defense wasn't good. The offense pretty much goes into the game,and coaches as if the defense can't protect the lead so put the foot on the gas and hope the defense comes up big. We had times where the HC/DC would come to us and tell us we can't stop anyone so you guys need to keep scoring. That's a lot of pressure for our side of the ball, but I would suspect Coughlin and the offensive staff have to go into these games thinking they need to be in a shootout to win, especially the way this defense is playing.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 02:44 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Folk is still our kicker. They tried Bueler out yesterday from 30-35 yards out and he missed all 3, 2 of them were horribly missed. Folk didn't do much better as he went 2-4 from the same spot.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 05:17 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Folk is still our kicker. They tried Bueler out yesterday from 30-35 yards out and he missed all 3, 2 of them were horribly missed. Folk didn't do much better as he went 2-4 from the same spot.
Hahhhhhahahaahahaha. Face palm.
Old 12-16-2009, 08:06 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:03 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Only a matter of time before they tried to pull Tony Romo into this Tiger Woods mess.

http://www.tmz.com/2009/12/17/tiger-...lin-nordegren/

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:14 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Hahhhhhahahaahahaha. Face palm.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
As sad as this is, it's funny as hell. This reminds me so much of the 2005 season. If they had just an average kicker they would have been anywhere from 11-5 to 13-3. Maybe Folk's surgery has hampered him a ton this season. He was so clutch in his first two years, and he's young so I wouldn't want him to be cut for just having one bad year.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:27 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Playoffs? Playoffs? Right now I just hope we can win a game!

lol I just had to do that.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 02:31 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Playoffs are simple for me at this point.

If either the Giants or Eagles lose a game in the next 2 weeks we are going to have a good shot at getting in.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 03:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

God I hope we sign him.

The Cowboys worked out five players on Thursday, including veteran cornerback Chris McAlister, who spent part of this season with New Orleans.

I wanted him back in FA...he would give us veteran depth something we are in need of with Ball at safety now.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-17-2009, 03:34 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

We should sign McAlister. He's still got a couple good years in him I think.
Old 12-17-2009, 03:46 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Big name ... Wouldn't expect a lot, but I'm fine with that.

Points to signs that CB might be a first round need. ;)
Old 12-17-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Can we realistically cut Newman after this season if there really is going to be no cap soon?
Old 12-17-2009, 04:44 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
Can we realistically cut Newman after this season if there really is going to be no cap soon?
I don't see why you cut him. I mean sure you can...but it still is going to cost Jerry money. Hell he is a good punt returner you might as well let him do that and play nickel/dime packages imo before cutting him and getting no return on your investment.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-17-2009, 05:49 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Yeah I guess you're right he's a decent returner but pretty damn bad as a CB now.
Old 12-18-2009, 10:27 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Why the hell don't we use him as a returner?

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote