Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-16-2006, 11:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number-94
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336
whats up with this spitting? i watched the game, and watched parcells as well as romo's interview after the game and i didnt hear anything about it? if he didnt get flagged for it in the game i doubt he will miss any time
I think the Carmelo Anthony/NBA brawl thing will get more media coverage.
sigh...my Knicks....its so tough being a Knicks fan.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:18 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

CTCowboysFan hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Goodell seems to be more strict than what Tagliabu was as far as suspensions so I wouldn't rule one out for TO.

Steve Marriuci said that Romonowski was suspended when he did it.

So Thule you still want TO back next year?
CTCowboysFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:20 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense
Man, I saw the highlights.

TNew is so damn good. Vick had like 7 seconds to throw, and Newman STILL stuck his guy like glue. That was a perfect pass...Newman is unbelievable, easily your best defensive player. If anything, that TD pass made me even more impressed by Tnew's performance.

Henry looked like he was getting owned.

And the pass rush from what I saw looked average again. Ware had a great game, but you still would like to see more out of him in pass rushing. Im starting to think he'd make a better SAM.

Oh, and TO is a punk. I hate that guy so much.
Ware had a forced fumble too, dont know if you saw that and he had a tackle for a loss early in the game on vick, im not sure why it wasnt counted as a sack? he got the .5 with carp later on though.

T.O. may be a punk but he straight **** on D fall. newman is way better.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2006, 11:20 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Here's a recap of the game.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/recap?g...ty hefty fine.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:22 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

Quote:
Originally Posted by CTCowboysFan
Goodell seems to be more strict than what Tagliabu was as far as suspensions so I wouldn't rule one out for TO.

I do. He may have spit but he also made a spectacular catch on the first touchdown and burned hall on the second...

Plus im sure all you guys didnt get this report since you dont have NFL network but it was revealed that T.O. has torn ligaments in his hand and the doctors told him he can get season ending surgery or continue to play but lose the use of one of his fingers and T.O. opted to play... the guy may be a punk, but he just gave up a finger to make a run at the SB
Old 12-16-2006, 11:25 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shoot, I hope he's back in Dallas next year too. He's a cancer, and will destroy your team soon enough. Play with fire, youre gonna get burned, and JJ made a deal with the devil. Youre much better off as a team getting rid of that cancer at the end of this year.

Honestly, that man deserves to be no where near a SB ring, he truely is a complete jerk.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:25 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

And this being T.O., there just had to be some controversy along the way. Hall said afterward that Owens spit at him on the third play of the game when the cornerback was jawing relentlessly at the Dallas receiver.

"He had a lot of words. I didn't," Owens said. "I just wanted to come out and prove I'm a guy to be reckoned with."

that is what is being reported on espn.com

there is a big difference between spitting on someone and spitting at them. Hall said owens spit at him when he was crying. who cares. carry on.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:27 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

does no one else think its a big deal that he will now have a useless finger that cant be bent anymore? doesnt seem very selfish to me. i hated the guy, but you cant argue with what hes done this year. hes changed my mind.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:30 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:

I do. He may have spit but he also made a spectacular catch on the first touchdown and burned hall on the second...

Plus im sure all you guys didnt get this report since you dont have NFL network but it was revealed that T.O. has torn ligaments in his hand and the doctors told him he can get season ending surgery or continue to play but lose the use of one of his fingers and T.O. opted to play... the guy may be a punk, but he just gave up a finger to make a run at the SB
Yes actually I do get nfl network and yes I heard about that. So what? Now we should feel sorry for TO and excuse his drops? I had the same injury he did and you can have surgery to bend your finger again, it's just it won't heal on its own. And I am sure a lot of receivers could have made that catch. I won't deny TO is a great football talent but he didn't do anything in this game or the season that another number one receiver in the NFL couldn't do. But the one thing that never fails is TO has an excuse for EVERYTHING. And everytime he has an excuse we all buy into it. When will we just realize we made a mistake bringing him here and release him at season's end. I don't want his classless arse back.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:33 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yes actually I do get nfl network and yes I heard about that. So what? Now we should feel sorry for TO and excuse his drops? I had the same injury he did and you can have surgery to bend your finger again, it's just it won't heal on its own. And I am sure a lot of receivers could have made that catch. I won't deny TO is a great football talent but he didn't do anything in this game or the season that another number one receiver in the NFL couldn't do. But the one thing that never fails is TO has an excuse for EVERYTHING. And everytime he has an excuse we all buy into it. When will we just realize we made a mistake bringing him here and release him at season's end. I don't want his classless arse back.
T.O. didnt say thats why hes dropping the ball. you made that assumption based on deion and marshall saying thats what they believed. The doctors are the ones that said he wont be able to use the finger anymore and i would believe them over you. You're just a hater. without him we wouldnt be nearly as explosive. the guy is the only chance we have to make the SB. without him we are just an average playoff team.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:37 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Shoot, I hope he's back in Dallas next year too. He's a cancer, and will destroy your team soon enough. Play with fire, youre gonna get burned, and JJ made a deal with the devil. Youre much better off as a team getting rid of that cancer at the end of this year.

Honestly, that man deserves to be no where near a SB ring, he truely is a complete jerk.
I couldn't agree more. My feeling on TO is when you sleep with dogs you wake up with fleas. However, I know a lot of people on here love him so I'll leave that alone. It's a moot point to argue right now, we should wait until the offseason when it will be a more relevant arguement/debate. I am impressed with his toughness with respect to his finger but that doesn't excuse or justify spitting on someone or any of the other stupid stuff he's done or said.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:38 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Please, I don't want to hear about him crying about his finger now. Thats great and all, but thats no excuse to do what he did. He's still a jerk.

No one questions his game, no one questions his commitment to playing well on the field. He's a complete jerk. Thats all I gotta say about him. Youre all Cowboys fans, so I understand that you'll naturally defend him.

But seriously, if he wasnt a Cowboy, there wouldn't be ONE person here who would support him. Let's be real about it. Thats the damn truth.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
T.O. didnt say thats why hes dropping the ball. you made that assumption based on deion and marshall saying thats what they believed. The doctors are the ones that said he wont be able to use the finger anymore and i would believe them over you. You're just a hater. without him we wouldnt be nearly as explosive. the guy is the only chance we have to make the SB. without him we are just an average playoff team.
No he didn't say that's why he's dropping the ball, he said in last week's conversation with Michael Irvin that its his unhapiness that is causing those dropped passes. You see how he has an excuse. Hey I am sure there are plenty of receivers with the same problems as him. Nobody is going to have a perfect life but how can he say its a direct result in him dropping the ball. He has a mental issue, or should I say issues.

We may not be as explosive but I bet we could be more productive with a guy like Dwayne Jarrett in here. Use Jarrett as your posession guy and Glenn as speed with Crayton in the slot as a little bit of both. Plus you don't have the distractions, excuses, or useless articles written every week about him.

Owens has had a lot of key drops that say he makes those catches we may have won a few more games. Then the majority of his touchdown catches this season have had no impact on the result of the game ie the TD against Tampa Bay.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:45 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Please, I don't want to hear about him crying about his finger now. Thats great and all, but thats no excuse to do what he did. He's still a jerk.

No one questions his game, no one questions his commitment to playing well on the field. He's a complete jerk. Thats all I gotta say about him. Youre all Cowboys fans, so I understand that you'll naturally defend him.

But seriously, if he wasnt a Cowboy, there wouldn't be ONE person here who would support him. Let's be real about it. Thats the damn truth.
I totally agree with you trust me I don't think anyone hates TO more than me! I've cussed that man out several times this year at the stadium and at home. I'm just trying to not rock the boat because I know 99% of the Cowboys fans on here love TO and will defend him to the death.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:46 PM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Hey man your right. I am a big homer I won't lie and even I dislike the guy.
Old 12-16-2006, 11:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85
Quote:

I totally agree with you trust me I don't think anyone hates TO more than me! I've cussed that man out several times this year at the stadium and at home. I'm just trying to not rock the boat because I know 99% of the Cowboys fans on here love TO and will defend him to the death.
Yeah, I understand. I don't see how you can defend TO anymore though. I think most will agree with us to an extent. They won't be as harsh as me, but I think most will agree. I just don't see how you can defend the guy anymore.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:08 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
No he didn't say that's why he's dropping the ball, he said in last week's conversation with Michael Irvin that its his unhapiness that is causing those dropped passes. You see how he has an excuse. Hey I am sure there are plenty of receivers with the same problems as him. Nobody is going to have a perfect life but how can he say its a direct result in him dropping the ball. He has a mental issue, or should I say issues.

We may not be as explosive but I bet we could be more productive with a guy like Dwayne Jarrett in here. Use Jarrett as your posession guy and Glenn as speed with Crayton in the slot as a little bit of both. Plus you don't have the distractions, excuses, or useless articles written every week about him.

Owens has had a lot of key drops that say he makes those catches we may have won a few more games. Then the majority of his touchdown catches this season have had no impact on the result of the game ie the TD against Tampa Bay.
i would have to disagree with you on this. Dwayne Jarret is nothing more than a young keyshawn at this point. Keyshawn had the hands and the height, he was reliable, and where did it get us? The argument is a little skewed because he had to play with bledsoe unfortunately, but i still dont like having terry glenn as the only homerun threat.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:20 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bearsfan_51
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poet3334
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
WE DON'T DESERVE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

WE'RE CHOKING IN THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Um no, last week was the biggest game of the year for you IMO win or lose.
Um no, you're wrong. This is the big game. If we would have lost, we would be out of first place.
Beeecause you lost last week, in the most important game of the season. If you had won that game you not only would have won the division, but also had been the 2nd seed.
So that makes this game the most important. What are you not understanding? We were still in first place. While it would have been great to have won that game, we did not. Since we did not, this game became the big one.
1)Had you lost this game, but still beat the Saints you'd still be the #2 seed.

2)Losing to the Saints gives the Saints the tiebreaker. Therefore, even if the Saints lose this week, they're still the #2

3)Theeeeerefore, last week was more important for your playoff seeding than this week, regardless of the results of the other game.

This isn't a matter of opinion, it's the way the playoff bracketing works. If you still do not understand this, I suggest finding some traffic to play in.

Funny. Wrong, wrong , wrong. This will be my last post on this subject Einstein. The number 2 seed would not matter if we had lost this game. THIS game. We would not be in control of our destiny if we lost this game. I'm a helluva lot more concerned with BEING in the playoffs than with the number 2 seed.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:22 AM    (permalink
Poet3334
Rookie

Poet3334 hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Yeah, I understand. I don't see how you can defend TO anymore though. I think most will agree with us to an extent. They won't be as harsh as me, but I think most will agree. I just don't see how you can defend the guy anymore.
Yeah BBD, TO's a jackass. I'm pretty sure he did it on purpose to create more attention for himself. What a nasty way to do it though.

"You know what charm is: a way of getting the answer yes without having asked any clear question."
Albert Camus
Poet3334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:26 AM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Even if TO is the devil, he's our best offensive player. He's the guy that could change a game all by himself. We have no other player like him on offense.. as burns said, without me we are an average playoff team..

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 12:42 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

i would have to disagree with you on this. Dwayne Jarret is nothing more than a young keyshawn at this point. Keyshawn had the hands and the height, he was reliable, and where did it get us? The argument is a little skewed because he had to play with bledsoe unfortunately, but i still dont like having terry glenn as the only homerun threat.
Exactly. Romo changes a lot, and the Keyshawn comparison is fair which is why I think Parcells will take him if he is available at our pick. And a young Keyshawn means a dominant Keyshawn. We got Keyshawn at the downslope of his career and he still made out well here. I think Dwayne Jarrett would be an excellent addition to this team.
Old 12-17-2006, 12:50 AM    (permalink
sweetness34
Icon

sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.sweetness34 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweetness34
Quote:
WE DON'T DESERVE TO MAKE THE PLAYOFFS!!!

WE'RE CHOKING IN THE BIGGEST GAME OF THE YEAR!!!

:evil: :evil: :evil:
Um no, last week was the biggest game of the year for you IMO win or lose.
Um no, you're wrong. This is the big game. If we would have lost, we would be out of first place.
Beeecause you lost last week, in the most important game of the season. If you had won that game you not only would have won the division, but also had been the 2nd seed.
So that makes this game the most important. What are you not understanding? We were still in first place. While it would have been great to have won that game, we did not. Since we did not, this game became the big one.
1)Had you lost this game, but still beat the Saints you'd still be the #2 seed.

2)Losing to the Saints gives the Saints the tiebreaker. Therefore, even if the Saints lose this week, they're still the #2

3)Theeeeerefore, last week was more important for your playoff seeding than this week, regardless of the results of the other game.

This isn't a matter of opinion, it's the way the playoff bracketing works. If you still do not understand this, I suggest finding some traffic to play in.

Funny. Wrong, wrong , wrong. This will be my last post on this subject Einstein. The number 2 seed would not matter if we had lost this game. THIS game. We would not be in control of our destiny if we lost this game. I'm a helluva lot more concerned with BEING in the playoffs than with the number 2 seed.
Dude you are going to be in the playoffs even if you lost this game, the NFC is that bad.

And I'd be concerned about a #2 seed if I were you, because I can't see you guys going into New Orleans (which is probably where you'll go) and winning.

Last weeks game was bigger then this week, like I said win or lose. If you win, you guys are the #2 seed and are in the driver seat for a first round bye. If you guys lose then you'll have to go on the road in the 2nd Round against either New Orleans or Chicago. This was a statement game for you guys and you got plastered at home on Sunday Night. Sure this was a big game as well but last weeks was bigger for multiple reasons.

And like I said, you guys are already in the playoffs, whether or not you won or lose this game.

Another sig courtesy of BoneKrusher

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Despite looking better against an underachieving Eagles team, I still think the Bears are one of the worst teams in the NFL. I smell a blowout victory by the Lions this week and a division sweep.
sweetness34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2006, 01:01 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

I think it's safe to say at this point Tony Romo is for real!

It will probably be overlooked because we won but I'm still extremely dissapointed and concerned with the play of our defense. We have talent but we seem to make way too many mental mistakes and it's incredibly frustrating because it seems like we're making the same kind of mistakes over and over again. Our inconsistent pass rush and pass coverage with our safeties and LBs is extremely disconcerting to me. I think the FB throws are the responsibility of the ILBs but I could be wrong about that.

As for the offense, I really think Parcells is making a mistake by letting Tony throw so much and not relying more on the run game and MB3 who should be starting by the way. It hasn't really hurt us yet but I'm afraid it will eventually when we play against a better defense. Tony is still a gunslinger at heart and that is always worrisome as he sometimes makes indiscriminate throws/decisions as Parcells would say.
Old 12-17-2006, 01:11 AM    (permalink
CTCowboysFan
Pro Bowler

Yep, Barber needs to start so we CAN establish the run and then open it up with Romo. If we did that we could easily be one of the most explosive offenses in the league. About the defense, I think we finally come together this next week against Philly and Parrish will also be active to help out. The reason we gave up the big pass plays is because we played a lot of man coverage trying to keep Vick's mobility limited. I mean it worked for the most part, the only problem is he passed on us and then we gave up 28 lol, but I think the big part is confidence. This defense is not confident right now. The Saints really did a lot of damage to the D emotionally but I think we hold Philly to 17 or less this week. Hold me to it.
Old 12-17-2006, 02:30 AM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Something that i noticed that nobody else picked up on was the play of watkins. He had a great game and he started. The big plays were on Henry when Nate Jones was in for watkins and on Glenn over at roys side of the field. I actually saw him directing people on 2 seperate occasions. He looked like he really understood where he needed to be for the first time this year. He manned up on crumpler a few times and had a TD saving tackle on vick where he came from the opposite end of the field to lay a hit on vick which actually caused dick vermiel to say "watkins is a big hitter out of FSU" (although we know it isnt true, it sure looked like it) I just hope he keeps up the progress and becomes and everydown player. Hopefully Parrish can add some stability as well.

I saw the Owens interview, and yeah he is an asshole, but hes also the asshole who gives us the best chance to win. He provides a second deep threat that i dont see us getting from a Dwayne Jarret, and even though CTC said the catch he made in the corner of the endzone was easy, upon further review it really was a great catch.