Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-18-2009, 02:22 PM    (permalink
diesel
Rookie

diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.diesel is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
Why the hell don't we use him as a returner?
Injuries, one of the very last things we need is Newman to go down. He isn't quite what he used to be but he is one of our best CB's. It's happened to us before Newman tries to return a kick and gets completely nailed and is out for the game, I believe it was a concussion.

diesel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 02:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have a feeling that after Saturday we'll be talking a lot about how we need to fix our secondary.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 03:16 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
Injuries, one of the very last things we need is Newman to go down. He isn't quite what he used to be but he is one of our best CB's. It's happened to us before Newman tries to return a kick and gets completely nailed and is out for the game, I believe it was a concussion.
I fully understand why, but I think it's a wrong approach. Seriously, I don't know this for sure, but I don't think returners get injured all that often. They get their bell rung from time to time, but Philly doesn't worry about getting their best WR hurt returning punts.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 04:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Mac I'm totaly with you. I also think teams like the vikings last year should have Adrian Peterson back returning. Injuries are a part of the game but you get your dynamic playmakers the ball however you can.

However that said....Philly has proven they don't need great WR to get it done...dallas hasn't proved they can play without great corners.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 06:55 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Felix is our most dynamic weapon. Love him on kick returns, wish he was in on punt returns, but you usually want a guy with great catching skills to do that and maybe Felix lacks there.
Old 12-18-2009, 07:10 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I think Felix is our most dynamic weapon. Love him on kick returns, wish he was in on punt returns, but you usually want a guy with great catching skills to do that and maybe Felix lacks there.
They have tried him there in TC and he just has problems judging the ball and making a clean catch.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-18-2009, 08:10 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Anyone know whether Ware will be playing or is it game time decision?

Good luck tomorrow. Hopefully this will be a good game.
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 08:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
They have tried him there in TC and he just has problems judging the ball and making a clean catch.
Unfortunately Crayton's 2 TD returns have secured his job. I think he's just got everyone fooled.
Old 12-18-2009, 08:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by diesel View Post
Newman is one of our best corners by default and nothing more. Obviously we would lose out by him being gone, but he sucks now to be nice about it. He is abused week in and out.

Matter of fact, it makes me shudder to think about how bad Meachem is going to abuse him ALL GAME Saturday night(assuming Jenkins has Colston which will probably happen)....Newman is slow now, can't react as fast, and makes very little plays on the ball anymore. Meachem is going to have a field day on him, mark it down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 09:17 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post

I would be surprised if he didn't play given the importance of the game but it is a game time decision.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLAFan View Post

He was listed as questionable and is a gametime decision.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-18-2009, 10:22 PM    (permalink
bored of education
DC Creeper
Icon

bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bored of education is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15342

If I was Dallas' GM who would wanna make love to me?
<+ScottWright> Why not. Baldwin does need a sparring partner...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hermstheman83 View Post
What's with the hate on Ricky Stanzi? Those youtube clips of him with the hulk hogan theme music instantly make him better than Luck.
bored of education is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 10:31 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bored of education View Post
http://draftcountdown.com/forum/showthread.php?t=15342

If I was Dallas' GM who would wanna make love to me?
I could live with DeSean Jackson & Chris Johnson.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2009, 11:29 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

I'm kinda bored so I thought I'd ask all of the great Cowboys fans on here who aren't from Texas how and when they became fans of America's Team?
Old 12-18-2009, 11:32 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I was born in Omaha and was a huskers fan. Naturally I saw a lot of cowboys games back in the glory days and became a fan since A) they were on tv a lot B) they were dominant

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 12-19-2009, 01:04 AM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I was born in Omaha and was a huskers fan. Naturally I saw a lot of cowboys games back in the glory days and became a fan since A) they were on tv a lot B) they were dominant
That's cool.
Old 12-19-2009, 09:37 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Being from OKC, they were always on tv and I loved their uniforms. I've been a fan since 1975

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:26 AM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I could live with DeSean Jackson & Chris Johnson.
Chris Johnson is a stud but would he get more PT than Felix is getting? Would you take DeSean over Mike Jenkins?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:31 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpl85 View Post
I'm kinda bored so I thought I'd ask all of the great Cowboys fans on here who aren't from Texas how and when they became fans of America's Team?
I was born in Pittsburgh with the rest of my family who are Steeler fans, but once I started watching football I was a huge Michael Irvin fan so was always attached to Dallas. Besides I liked to be different, I never liked rooting for the same team as my whole family, then my Dad moved here for a job when I was young and since I been here I been full blown for Cowboys and Longhorns football with a passion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:23 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
From Hawaii where we have no professional team, so we all get to choose who ever we want. Started liking them when I started caring about pro sports. My household was a 49er home and they still are, so naturally, I chose the other way. I started liking them when they had those rivalries with the 9ers and both teams had some big wins and hurtful loses... in the early to mid 90s. Since they won all those Super Bowls, they sealed my loyalty to them. Guess that makes me a bandwagon fan. It doesn't bother me. I feel like sticking with them since has more than proven that I'm way beyond that at this point. ...same with the Magic... I decided that I liked that Penny/Shaq team and the success they had and I've been cheering for them since. As for the Rangers... started liking them in 2000... after I was married, my wife and I visited her sister in Tyler, TX. Her sister married a Marine who was stationed in Hawaii, who was from TX. Vacationed with them, went to my first Cowboys game and went to a Rangers game too. From then, I was a Texas Rangers fan.
Old 12-19-2009, 10:34 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

How Bout Them Cowboys!!!! 13-1 Sounds Great!!! In The Immortal Words Of The Nature Boy Whooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
Old 12-19-2009, 10:35 PM    (permalink
NOLAFan
Rookie

NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NOLAFan is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys just dominated the hell outta us. Great game guys.

Good luck going forward into the playoffs
NOLAFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 10:47 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Folk needs to go!!!!

JG called a great game.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

Apparently it benefits the Cowboys if I watch most of the game from a strip club!?
Old 12-20-2009, 07:49 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Apparently it benefits the Cowboys if I watch most of the game from a strip club!?
Keep it going
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote