Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-20-2009, 10:00 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shaun Suisham
Jason Elam
Mike Nugent (who maybe the only kicker worst then Folk right now)

anymore?
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 10:10 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

theres absolutely no way Nick Folk should remain on the team. no way at all. that was pathetic.

btw, great win for the Cowboys. you guys deserved that one. you dominated them.
Old 12-20-2009, 10:38 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If he missed a 40 or so yarder...I would think he would still have a job but that one wasnt much longer than an extra point.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Let's talk about Doug Free. I wanna hear some opinions before I share some of my own. I really tried to watch him carefully yesterday and came away with some thoughts.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Free looks to be getting more and more comfortable, the more he plays. He obviously isnt that strong, he's a bend, but dont break type of tackle. He'll get pushed back but, he does a very good job of staying in front of his man. He's a better run blocker than pass blocker but, he's not bad there either. At the least, you have a starting caliber RT. We havent missed a beat with him in there, imo and they havent even been helping him as much as they were, when he first got in there. He's playing confidently. I like what we have in him, the guy is def. a starter.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-20-2009, 12:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love what he's done, but I've been trying to see if he can possibly be our LT of the future when Columbo returns. I don't really think he'd be all that worse then Flozell over there. He hasn't blown me away, but at the same time if you don't notice him too much(kinda like you notice any time Proctor is in the game) he's doing alright.

I'd love if he could play LT for us and it be easier to get another swingman to play the tackle spots, but for all the hype Free has got prior to this year I'm pleased. If Brewster can maybe be a RT fill in guy down the line like Free, that gives us more flexibility if Free could be a LT and improves depth even more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 12:28 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

As of right now, I'm not so sure he's a Left Tackle. Because he can be moved around and he does get pushed back so far. That could really be a problem on the opposite side. But it's still early yet, I def. think he's a starter, like I said before, imo. But it's more likely that his future is at RT. He looks like a good one at least. His playing Left would sure solve a lot of problems and put a lot of us at ease, that's for sure. It's still possible but, it would be great if he can improve that strength. I'm actually surprised that it looks like he hasnt become that much stronger since getting into the league yet.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-20-2009, 06:51 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

yes GB loses!!!

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 07:03 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Let's talk about Doug Free. I wanna hear some opinions before I share some of my own. I really tried to watch him carefully yesterday and came away with some thoughts.

You know I've been a fan of him for a while. I think he's done very well. In fact, one of his weaknesses was that he wasn't a powerful blocker. Well, one of those goal line plays they showed a replay and he drove his guy down and caved in his side of the line. I think he's actually been a better run blocker than anyone anticipated. He's always been a good pass blocker because of his athleticism, but he appears to have gotten stronger. He also looks really good out in space. They've run that screen out to his side several times and he does an outstanding job and I think last night he was the one that knocked that NO CB out of the game when they ran that screen to Austin.

Frankly, I think he needs to take over for Flo next year. I've seen enough.

Now, if a stud falls to us in the draft, you have to go there, but right now, I don't see a guy being there in the mid 20s that will come in day one and out play Free.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:09 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Matt Moore played pretty well against a team that's supposed to have a really good defense. I remember some of y'all were pissed when we let him go. He certainly would've been a better backup than Brad Johnson last year.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:15 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

An upturned broom with a helmet and pads would have been better than Brad Johnson last year.

Looks like Folk maybe sent to IR pretty soon and Suisham will be coming in for workouts Monday. All based on a fanpost on BTB, who sourced PFT.

Edit: thanks dpl :P

Last edited by Paul : 12-20-2009 at 11:37 PM.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:20 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

That was JG's fault by the way. He convinced Jerry that Brad still had some kind of ability to play.
Old 12-20-2009, 11:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
An upturned broom with a helmet and pads would have been better then Brad Johnson last year.

Looks like Folk maybe sent to IR pretty soon and Suisham will be coming in for workouts Monday. All based on a fanpost on BTB, who sourced PFT.
Fanpost from BTB? Sigh.

I should've posted this earlier before you get more bad data. 4-5 kickers will be tried out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4759632
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 11:36 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Fanpost from BTB? Sigh.

I should've posted this earlier before you get more bad data. 4-5 kickers will be tried out.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=4759632
lol. Yeah that's the reason I had to mention where I got the info from. I know the reputation of BTB hasn't been that great lately.

Last edited by Paul : 12-20-2009 at 11:40 PM.
Old 12-21-2009, 04:18 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
You know I've been a fan of him for a while. I think he's done very well. In fact, one of his weaknesses was that he wasn't a powerful blocker. Well, one of those goal line plays they showed a replay and he drove his guy down and caved in his side of the line. I think he's actually been a better run blocker than anyone anticipated. He's always been a good pass blocker because of his athleticism, but he appears to have gotten stronger. He also looks really good out in space. They've run that screen out to his side several times and he does an outstanding job and I think last night he was the one that knocked that NO CB out of the game when they ran that screen to Austin.

Frankly, I think he needs to take over for Flo next year. I've seen enough.

Now, if a stud falls to us in the draft, you have to go there, but right now, I don't see a guy being there in the mid 20s that will come in day one and out play Free.
I dont know what you're watching exactly but, the majority of the time he's back near Romo. He's done a fine job but, more times than not, he's getting pushed back. Bend but not break. He's really not that strong but, he's technically sound and he seems pretty heady. He's keeping his man in front of him and he's strong in the running game, you couldnt ask for much more right now. I'd love to see him given a shot at LT but right now, given his strength...I dont think he's a LT yet. He's seeing it less but, he's needed some TE help every now and then and you just cant have your LT backing up all the way to the QB a bunch of times per game. Free still needs to add strength, as I said before, I'm pretty surprised that he hasnt shown a vast improvement here because, gaining strength is one of the easier things to do.

Honestly, we'd probably be better off trying Colombo over there first.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-21-2009 at 04:21 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 05:53 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Now that just be crazy MOTH lol. Free may not be the strongest, but alot of LT's aren't. William Beatty wasn't that strong of a LT either but the Giants have given him a good look over there. Free has amazing feet and is at least quick enough to keep up with some of those pass rushers, Columbo isn't quick enough nor does he have the feet to do it.

Not to say Free is for sure, but he's worth a look. Columbo over there isn't even a slight consideration lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 08:47 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Mothman, agreed. Columbo is a natural pass protector, kid wasa real find even for a BC interior lineman.

Love is the swingman/backup to both OTs. Maybe Gurode at one OG with Kosier at center, status quo? IDK what the team will do for a RT next yr. though. Move Flo? (scary realization hits now, facepalm) He couldn't be any worse there .... could he?
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:34 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Now that just be crazy MOTH lol. Free may not be the strongest, but alot of LT's aren't. William Beatty wasn't that strong of a LT either but the Giants have given him a good look over there. Free has amazing feet and is at least quick enough to keep up with some of those pass rushers, Columbo isn't quick enough nor does he have the feet to do it.

Not to say Free is for sure, but he's worth a look. Columbo over there isn't even a slight consideration lol.
Good feet can only get you so far. Free needs more strength if he's going to play LT. Free is going to need some help every once in a while. Colombo there isnt out of the realm of possibility, his ability pretty much mirrors that of Flo's (less strength of course but plenty enough) and if you're complaining about his footwork, what about Leonard Davis' when he plays LT? Before Colombo went down, our backup LT was Davis, I'd much rather have Colombo move over there than Davis. It would at least be worth a look. That being said, I'd still expect Flo to be starting there next year.

Free's rep has been that he's a better pass blocker than run blocker...but, he's actually been the other way around while starting. I'd absolutely love if Free can play there but right now, I'm leaning toward no. Not yet at least. His current strength does scare me, when talking about moving him over. The good thing is that it's just a strength issue, so there is still hope that he can improve. His injuries have probably limited his gains since reaching this level.

Even though, I suggested using Colombo there...I still think it's more realistic that Davis or Free is giving first shot at Left Tackle, whenever that times comes. And yeah, that's a little scary.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 12-21-2009 at 10:07 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 09:36 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Are there any marquee free agent LT's out there? I'm not too much into experimenting with someone like Free or Columbo at LT.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 09:47 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I honestly dont even know who is going to be available. This CBA deal, or lack there of, is going to screw with Free Agency this year. Pretty difficult to find a decent LT on the open market anyway. I just hope we don't move Leonard Davis to LT, if we decided to let Flozell walk. Which is not guaranteed either, I'd even say it's less likely. But anyway, if we stay in house, the better choice would be to move Free or Colombo over there. But as was said, nothing is guaranteed with either and we'd be looking at an "experiment" in either case.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-21-2009, 10:06 AM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

The only names that interest in FA are Marcus McNeil and Alex Barron. I don't really know the Rams situation, would they let Barron walk? And to describe McNeil as "not durable" would be an understatement.
Old 12-21-2009, 10:16 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mcneill isnt as great as advertised but, he's played well enough through his injuries to warrant a new contract, imo. So I doubt he'll be available. As for Barron, he just blows. He really is terrible, I dont know about now, but a few weeks ago he was the most heavily penalized lineman in the league.

Also, both of these guys would become restricted and hence, tender likely, if there is no CBA agreement.

So many guys we thought would be available, wont be available this off-season. It could be a very thin crop of FAs, thanks to no CBA agreement.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-21-2009, 11:18 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I dont know what you're watching exactly but, the majority of the time he's back near Romo. He's done a fine job but, more times than not, he's getting pushed back. Bend but not break. He's really not that strong but, he's technically sound and he seems pretty heady. He's keeping his man in front of him and he's strong in the running game, you couldnt ask for much more right now. I'd love to see him given a shot at LT but right now, given his strength...I dont think he's a LT yet. He's seeing it less but, he's needed some TE help every now and then and you just cant have your LT backing up all the way to the QB a bunch of times per game. Free still needs to add strength, as I said before, I'm pretty surprised that he hasnt shown a vast improvement here because, gaining strength is one of the easier things to do.

Maybe I'm watching a different game. I just think he's been better than advertised. Certainly, that doesn't mean he's perfect. Columbo does not have the feet for LT.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2009, 11:25 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

ugh. Colombo's feet are fine. Have you guys seen Flozell over the last 5 years? He plays with no technique at all and he's not fleet of foot, either. It twas years ago but, prior to hitting that injury bug, Colombo was considered a big time LT prospect at one time. Sure things have changed a great deal since then, but his skill set remains just fine for the position. Colombo has arguably been our best lineman when healthy as well. As for Free, the only thing holding the guy back is strength...so hopefully, he can improve this rather quickly and we'll never have to see if Colombo can slide over there. haha. Lets just say, if one of them can move over to LT successfully, it will solve a lot of problems. lol.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-21-2009, 11:29 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Funny enough, the dmn blog just posted an update on Colombo...interesting timing.

Quote:
Out since the Green Bay game with a fractured fibula and torn ligaments in his left ankle, Marc Colombo will do some on-field work today for the first time since the surgery.

Colombo said "everything is looking good," for a possible return this season and his eyes are set on a possible wild-card round playoff game. Initially it was believed Colombo would only be able to return for the divisional round.

Colombo said the pain would not be an issue but strength would be. He has done mostly upper-body work since the surgery and is looking forward to his rehab sessions with associate athletic trainer Britt Brown.

Doug Free has fared well in Colombo's absence at right tackle over the last five games.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS