Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-22-2009, 11:37 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
So guys, what do yall think of our offensive performance without Bennett on the field? It really doesn't look like our offense is slowing down any at all with him not being there. I really love the guy, but we have an all pro at te and wouldn't mind if we could get a 2nd round pick for him. I would love to have 3 picks in the top 60.
Amen brother. But I don't know if a team would give up a 2nd. I'm all for trading him though.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually like our offense more when Bennett isnt in the slot. I love Bennett too but, we're better when we actually use three WRs.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 11:45 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Amen brother. But I don't know if a team would give up a 2nd. I'm all for trading him though.
Didn't the Bengals offer a 2nd before the trade deadline?
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 12:49 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
Didn't the Bengals offer a 2nd before the trade deadline?
Yeah, I think you're right... It was Bennett, not Austin, right?

Dangit Jerry.
Old 12-22-2009, 01:52 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would still like to hold onto Bennett. His blocking is pretty good, and I think that the recent offense would look a tiny bit better with him. Of course if a big deal came up involving him I wouldn't complain. Like the Million Dollar man said. "Everybody's got a price."

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:34 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I would still like to hold onto Bennett. His blocking is pretty good, and I think that the recent offense would look a tiny bit better with him. Of course if a big deal came up involving him I wouldn't complain. Like the Million Dollar man said. "Everybody's got a price."

I think keeping Martellus was the best option for us. A 2nd rounder would be nice, but I like his upside. Right now were just not using him as much as we could be. He's a good blocker and those are hard to come by.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'd rather keep Bennett honestly. I like Phillips alot and he'd be fine as a 2nd TE, but Bennett is a huge weapons that gives us WAY more flexibility and options. He can line up as a WR, he can block his ass off, he's a red zone weapon(yea they still need to work on that play but I have no doubt he can outjump or out muscle any DB).

There are way more positives to him then negatives, and he's still only going to get alot better here honestly. I wanted Jermichael Finley alot more but I still know Bennett makes us better even in principle, I'm not ready to trade him for the same pick we spent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:45 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The thing about Bennett is that I think he jsut turned 21 so he's very young. Plus, he didn't do a whole lot of route running and making tough catches in college. His recieving skill are going to take a bit longer to refine, but as has been said, he is a hell of a blocker.

I still think he's going to be an excellent all around TE.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 02:50 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I think he's a luxury. Considering our needs on defense, I say he's a good trade chip. Our offense is fine without him.
Old 12-22-2009, 03:35 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You trade Bennett to land a premier player. If he is the leverage that allows you to move up an secure a top Safety prospect than go for it. However if we make the playoffs we probably still can't sniff the 6-10 range which I still think Berry will fall into.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:47 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I think he's a luxury. Considering our needs on defense, I say he's a good trade chip. Our offense is fine without him.
D, I think he's been a pretty important part of our running game. Phillips has stepped in and been much better than anyone imagined, but I would be careful about being too cavalier. The 2 and 3 TE sets have become a big part of our offense.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-22-2009, 03:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would still like to keep him, I just think we should stick with some more 3 WR sets with actual receivers. The last few weeks when he was healthy, nearly every shotgun formation, he was in the slot. I still want to see this but not every single time out.

As for Phillips, he's a much smoother athlete than I originally gave him credit for, he looks good out there.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
D, I think he's been a pretty important part of our running game. Phillips has stepped in and been much better than anyone imagined, but I would be careful about being too cavalier. The 2 and 3 TE sets have become a big part of our offense.
I'm just saying if their a player the cowboys value and Bennett is the kicker in the deal I think you do it. I like him as a player but his value to this team isn't what his talent should suggest up to this point.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 03:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
We just don't get the most out of him. I don't know that we ever will. Our 2 TE sets are important to us, but not in the passing game. They are important to us in the run game (as an added blocker). That is a waste of Bennett's talent. If we can get a potential starter, we have to do it. A 3rd TE who blocks is not hard to find. Phillips can step up as the #2 TE and we'd be fine. He's a player.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:16 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
We just don't get the most out of him. I don't know that we ever will. Our 2 TE sets are important to us, but not in the passing game. They are important to us in the run game (as an added blocker). That is a waste of Bennett's talent. If we can get a potential starter, we have to do it. A 3rd TE who blocks is not hard to find. Phillips can step up as the #2 TE and we'd be fine. He's a player.
I understand and if we could get a really good player at a position of need, like safety, then I'm willing to listen.

However, I just don't think his talents have been fully realized. Remember this is a college basketball player that actually gauged the interest of the NBA before he went FB full time. He's got tons of athleticism and I keep going back to the point that the kid's only 21 years old.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-22-2009, 04:17 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Tom Haverford
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys should trade Bennett. Even if he does wind up being a great player, he'll rot away on your team. And quite frankly, for all the hype he had in the offseason, he has been largely unimpressive during his time on the field.

Trade him while his price is still relatively high, and use whatever picks you can get to fill needs. He's nothing more than a physically impressive luxury right now who will probably waste away on the Cowboys.

I don't know if he has the passion to be great.
Old 12-22-2009, 04:28 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You will never get value for Bennett unless he gets 60+ catches and that will never happen in Dallas. He was a wasted pick from day 1 given we had Fasano and gave him away for a 4th we used on McCrapper. (Another wasted 1st pick of the 4th round like Stanback)

Notwithstanding, given his obvious talent take a risk with upside, trade Witten for a 1st and promote Bennett. With two number 1s we can solve some issues including CB, Safety, LT or ILB with talent.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 04:38 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
You guys should trade Bennett. Even if he does wind up being a great player, he'll rot away on your team. And quite frankly, for all the hype he had in the offseason, he has been largely unimpressive during his time on the field.

Trade him while his price is still relatively high, and use whatever picks you can get to fill needs. He's nothing more than a physically impressive luxury right now who will probably waste away on the Cowboys.

I don't know if he has the passion to be great.
My concern is that Witten breaks down in the next 2 years or so. Witten has taken a beating and plays hurt so much. At some point, he's going to break down.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-22-2009, 06:07 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

Quote:
I dunno if I buy the "overrated because of the program"... I mean if that were the case, then why aren't all of the USC players overrated? The defense wasn't even good this year... compared to previous years (that is).

I would also take Earl Thomas over a LT or NT.
Carroll does a great job of hyping his guys to the NFL for recruiting purposes. It appears that Minus Polamalu no DB has had a great impact from USC. Mays is a talented college player......So wasn't Darnell Bing. Thomas is a great prospect if he comes out? Also, don't write off OL or DL. we may just get a prospect to drop. I know we all want the playmaker......It is the sexy pick. One thing that JJ doesn't understand is that sexy is not always the best pick. Look at the 05 draft.....11 players went before Ware and Merriman. Clearly Ware and Merriman were not the playmakers in college that the previous 11 were, but they are the best picks from 05! Would you pass up a higher rated DL or OL for a player with a weaker grade?
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 06:14 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Beating the Saints does nothing to change my mind that Wade and Garrett still have to go! JJ is kidding himself if he thinks Wade can win a Superbowl. He is still the guy that benched Flutie for Brad Johnson........
Old 12-22-2009, 07:34 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricowboy View Post
Carroll does a great job of hyping his guys to the NFL for recruiting purposes. It appears that Minus Polamalu no DB has had a great impact from USC. Mays is a talented college player......So wasn't Darnell Bing. Thomas is a great prospect if he comes out? Also, don't write off OL or DL. we may just get a prospect to drop. I know we all want the playmaker......It is the sexy pick. One thing that JJ doesn't understand is that sexy is not always the best pick. Look at the 05 draft.....11 players went before Ware and Merriman. Clearly Ware and Merriman were not the playmakers in college that the previous 11 were, but they are the best picks from 05! Would you pass up a higher rated DL or OL for a player with a weaker grade?
Terrell Thomas says Hi. Kevin Ellison ain't so bad either, even though he got bashed during the draft process. I don't know their history to a T, but I never bought the theory that certain schools can't produce players at specific positions because history doesn't back it up. Do you?

I dunno what makes you think Carroll hypes his guys up any more than any other coach. He sure didn't hype up Matt Sanchez for the scouts.

With how shallow this draft is in the secondary and how deep it is at OL... I think we have to go secondary... especially when we have starting positions to fill there. A lot too. I think we need a starting CB and 2 new starting safeties. I think we should look to FA to help us out some, but this draft is pretty shallow with DBs. NTs are shallow too, but what 3-4 teams really draft NTs in Round 1? I dunno about that. If FA doesn't help us out at all (Hampton, Wilfork), then maybe Terence Cody or Dan Williams makes some sense. With Round 2 looking to have good talent at CB, I think Safety or LT makes the most sense value wise for our 1st rounder. ...when you consider Doug Free... Jerry might write off LT being a first round need altogether.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:22 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
Terrell Thomas says Hi. Kevin Ellison ain't so bad either, even though he got bashed during the draft process. I don't know their history to a T, but I never bought the theory that certain schools can't produce players at specific positions because history doesn't back it up. Do you?

I dunno what makes you think Carroll hypes his guys up any more than any other coach. He sure didn't hype up Matt Sanchez for the scouts.

With how shallow this draft is in the secondary and how deep it is at OL... I think we have to go secondary... especially when we have starting positions to fill there. A lot too. I think we need a starting CB and 2 new starting safeties. I think we should look to FA to help us out some, but this draft is pretty shallow with DBs. NTs are shallow too, but what 3-4 teams really draft NTs in Round 1? I dunno about that. If FA doesn't help us out at all (Hampton, Wilfork), then maybe Terence Cody or Dan Williams makes some sense. With Round 2 looking to have good talent at CB, I think Safety or LT makes the most sense value wise for our 1st rounder. ...when you consider Doug Free... Jerry might write off LT being a first round need altogether.
Sanchez was Carroll's chance at another title this year.

Remember, I said great impact.....Thomas and Ellison are not exactly pro bowl material. Neither would be starting for us!

The Pats and Steelers draft NT's in Rd 1(Wilfork and Hampton). Two teams battling for the team of the decade!

Do you really think we need that much help in the secondary? Seems like alot....

Hey, All I want is a great football player on this team......I favor DL and OL because they appear to me as needs and this years draft is deep at both positions.
Old 12-22-2009, 08:41 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't know if weve been talking about it yet, but Columbo has been cleared to practice which is great news. We know we have a starter now in Free, wonder if we try and get him some reps at LT anytime soon just to see how he holds up in practice.

Columbo is looking to return for the 1st round of the playoffs if we make it, not sure how rusty he'll be or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2009, 08:59 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricowboy View Post
Sanchez was Carroll's chance at another title this year.

Remember, I said great impact.....Thomas and Ellison are not exactly pro bowl material. Neither would be starting for us!

The Pats and Steelers draft NT's in Rd 1(Wilfork and Hampton). Two teams battling for the team of the decade!

Do you really think we need that much help in the secondary? Seems like alot....

Hey, All I want is a great football player on this team......I favor DL and OL because they appear to me as needs and this years draft is deep at both positions.
So you think Carroll does more than any other HC does as far as hyping up his players? That's odd.

Didn't realize Hampton was a first rounder. So my bad. But as I previously said, if FA doesn't get us one then Cody or Williams makes sense. Neither are better than Mays or Thomas, imo.

I do think our secondary needs that much help. Newman, Hamlin and even Sensabaugh are very mediocre... if not flat out bad... not to mention our depth.

I think you don't realize how good Terrell Thomas is. He's on par with Jenkins as far as I'm concerned. I'd take him right now over Newman... Easily.

I'm all for DL or OL. It's just that when you break it down... you need to come to certain conclusions...

If OT, then you need to come to the conclusion that Doug Free is NOT the answer. I'm all for getting a LT, but I'm unsure what Jerry thinks about it. OG and C are never first round needs.

If DL, then it has to be a NT and FA was unfruitful. DE is deep in this draft. Easier to wait.

I'll be happy if we address LT, NT or S in Round 1. But there's a certain order on the board.
Old 12-22-2009, 09:59 PM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

Quote:
So you think Carroll does more than any other HC does as far as hyping up his players? That's odd.

Didn't realize Hampton was a first rounder. So my bad. But as I previously said, if FA doesn't get us one then Cody or Williams makes sense. Neither are better than Mays or Thomas, imo.

I do think our secondary needs that much help. Newman, Hamlin and even Sensabaugh are very mediocre... if not flat out bad... not to mention our depth.

I think you don't realize how good Terrell Thomas is. He's on par with Jenkins as far as I'm concerned. I'd take him right now over Newman... Easily.

I'm all for DL or OL. It's just that when you break it down... you need to come to certain conclusions...

If OT, then you need to come to the conclusion that Doug Free is NOT the answer. I'm all for getting a LT, but I'm unsure what Jerry thinks about it. OG and C are never first round needs.

If DL, then it has to be a NT and FA was unfruitful. DE is deep in this draft. Easier to wait.

I'll be happy if we address LT, NT or S in Round 1. But there's a certain order on the board.
You are right on Thomas.....I am not a fan of Mays.

I think Carroll plays his guys up alot more than other coaches. I remember reading an article that has stated he is very involved in the pro days. More than most coaches. the article also stated that many scouts were not please at the limited amount of drills and access they had to the USC players. One scout was qouted as saying, "what is Pete hiding".....That raised red flags with me.....The article was 2 or 3 years back.....He could have changed.

I respect your opinion on the secondary......I really think some of the issues are scheme and coaching related.

Thomas is playing because they have injuries.....I have seen him alot.....I would not rate him above Newman....He has performed better recently. He and the Giants struggled before the Dal and Wash games....

Hey, It does not matter what the opinion on Free is.....If a guy like Oher falls to the mid 1st you pounce on him, regardless of Free. Sometimes the value and talent is to good to pass up. I agree very few G or C are worthy of a 1st round grade.....Remember Steve Hutchinson was a 1st round pick......He is a monster!

Again, If the DL value is there you take it! I agree with you on never reaching, but if the player is there take him!

There is always a certain order on the board......It should be by prospect and not position......That is when teams start drafting for need and it gets ugly!

Last edited by ricowboy : 12-22-2009 at 10:01 PM. Reason: misspelled words