Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-27-2009, 01:01 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

G-Men are laying an egg right now

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:05 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FANTASTIC! Let's hope they continue to play like garbage.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:20 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If the Giants got up for games the way they like to get motivated against the Cowboys, they'd actually be a good team. Today's game is horrible. 2nd Quarter, 24-0. UGLY.

This surely eliminates them from the chase now. I feel good about us getting in.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 01:23 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yep....Boys win today clinches if the Giants do indeed go down. This game is going to be huge tonight.
Old 12-27-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

Game. Carolina.

Let's go 'Boys, don't fail us now.
Old 12-27-2009, 02:00 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Greatest Christmas present of all. 31-3 woot.

All we gotta do is win.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 06:11 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We need to go into tonight's game with a great sense of urgency. Act like were behind the Giants in the wild card race. We play our best football when we have a sense of urgency.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:36 PM    (permalink
JoeyHeisman
Rookie

JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm going to go ahead and throw it out there right now, and plan on elaborating after the game. But based on this Redskins game, previous games, and pretty much the whole year, I'm of the opinion we need to deal Marion Barber.
JoeyHeisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 09:47 PM    (permalink
Supporting Caste
Rookie

Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Supporting Caste is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No one wants him except Garrett.
Supporting Caste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2009, 11:19 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Playoffs... here we come! Let's get greedy and go ahead and win the division next week in Arlington... please!
Old 12-28-2009, 02:27 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyHeisman View Post
I'm going to go ahead and throw it out there right now, and plan on elaborating after the game. But based on this Redskins game, previous games, and pretty much the whole year, I'm of the opinion we need to deal Marion Barber.
I'm waiting on that elaboration. I'd like to know more.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:30 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I loved felix getting 10 carries. averaging close to 6ypc again. Damn I'd love ot see what he could do with 20 carries in a game.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 02:55 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
I loved felix getting 10 carries. averaging close to 6ypc again. Damn I'd love ot see what he could do with 20 carries in a game.
Agreed X 100.

I want him on the Chris Johnson esque work load. And I commented on it in the other thread, but how big does Felix look now? Guy looks huge these days.

I want to see him featured to an extent. And if they dont go this route...I'd at least like to see him start over Barber next season and see a lot more carries. The guy averages 6.6 yards per carry over his two year stint...he's going to waste.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-28-2009, 03:08 AM    (permalink
JoeyHeisman
Rookie

JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
I'm waiting on that elaboration. I'd like to know more.
I think we saw tonight how good Felix can be when he gets a solid amount of carries. Barber was meh until the 4th quarter. Which is fine, that's where we should be using him the most, but Garrett is too dumb to realize that. But, I digress.

The team has the luxury of having 3 starting caliber running backs, I think everyone can find that statement agreeable. But 3 is too many, and there's talent being lost and wasted on the bench. To me, it would behoove the team to deal Barber. I'm a huge fan of Marion Barber, have been since I saw him be the only player to rush for over 100 yards against the '04 Alabama defense in our bowl game that year. I loved the pick the minute it was announced, because I knew what he was capable of. But he looks like a bumbling idiot this year when he gets into open space. He's so slow, and doesn't even possess the lateral quickness to make his way out of bounds when we need him to. All the 4th down mishaps as well, which I put more blame on Garrett, but still, c'mon. Barber's still young, what, 26? Trade him while the value is there. A team in need of a running back would give us solid value for him. If we wanted a strong downhill runner, we could draft somebody like Anthony Dixon in the mid-rounds.

My point is, we have 3 quality backs, and somebody is getting left out of the equation no matter how Garrett attempts to do the rotation. That's not fair to the players, and that's not fair to the organization if it could potentially get some value out of either Barber or Choice to help fortify the offensive line, get a QUALITY safety, a real nose tackle, youth at middle linebacker, depth at corner. Any and all of the above that I myself consider needs.

To me, Barber has shown the least out of all 3 backs this year, and he's had the most opportunities. For me, its just a classic example of "strike while the iron's hot." Barber hasn't had a bad year, and his ypc is respectable this year. I just think he, along with Bennett, are two players the organization needs to consider dealing in order to address areas of need.
JoeyHeisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:42 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Philly struggled terribly Sunday & needed a reversed ruling on a Maclin sideline catch to win, they looked very beatable.

Win at home next weekend & the team gets to sit a wk with a 1st rd. bye, that s/b enough incentive for them. And it sends the 1st regular season for Jerry's palatial stadium out on a winning note.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 01:51 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Philly struggled terribly Sunday & needed a reversed ruling on a Maclin sideline catch to win, they looked very beatable.

Win at home next weekend & the team gets to sit a wk with a 1st rd. bye, that s/b enough incentive for them. And it sends the 1st regular season for Jerry's palatial stadium out on a winning note.
Minny has some losing to do before we get a bye.

We will take Philly out. No doubt about it in my mind.
Old 12-28-2009, 02:57 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Minny has some losing to do before we get a bye.

We will take Philly out. No doubt about it in my mind.
Two weeks in a row?

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
Old 12-28-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

Man we have a tough schedule next year, atleast on the road, Per DMN.....

Because it's never too early to talk about 2010, let's look at the Cowboys' schedule next year:

We know about the three NFC East foes they play twice a year. Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville and Tennessee will make trips to Cowboys Stadium. The only game left open is against an NFC South foe and depends on where the Cowboys finish in the standings.

If they beat Philly Sunday and win the NFC East, then New Orleans will come to town. If they lose and finish second, then it's either Atlanta or Carolina coming to town for a second straight year. My guess is Atlanta because the Falcons close the year vs. Tampa Bay.

On the road, the Cowboys go to Green Bay (again), Minnesota, Houston, Indianapolis and the corresponding NFC West team, either Arizona (if they win the division) or San Francisco (if they finish second).

Old 12-28-2009, 07:53 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Man we have a tough schedule next year, atleast on the road, Per DMN.....

Because it's never too early to talk about 2010, let's look at the Cowboys' schedule next year:

We know about the three NFC East foes they play twice a year. Chicago, Detroit, Jacksonville and Tennessee will make trips to Cowboys Stadium. The only game left open is against an NFC South foe and depends on where the Cowboys finish in the standings.

If they beat Philly Sunday and win the NFC East, then New Orleans will come to town. If they lose and finish second, then it's either Atlanta or Carolina coming to town for a second straight year. My guess is Atlanta because the Falcons close the year vs. Tampa Bay.

On the road, the Cowboys go to Green Bay (again), Minnesota, Houston, Indianapolis and the corresponding NFC West team, either Arizona (if they win the division) or San Francisco (if they finish second).
WTF? When is Green Bay ever gonna come to Dallas? My Gooshness!
Old 12-28-2009, 08:02 PM    (permalink
superman8456
Veteran

superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.superman8456 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post

Did you watch the whole game though? It was a pretty poor officiated game. Still, we let a 17 point dwindle away and we had to win by a last minute FG.
superman8456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:33 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Just an FYI...we're now 3rd in points against and 5th against the run this year. Pretty sexy. :D Sure would be nice if we had a better secondary and werent so susceptible to passes in the middle of the field. But our defense has been pretty damn good this season.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 12-29-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Just an FYI...we're now 3rd in points against and 5th against the run this year. Pretty sexy. :D Sure would be nice if we had a better secondary and werent so susceptible to passes in the middle of the field. But our defense has been pretty damn good this season.
Wade! Stewart was horrible last year.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:21 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Here is an interesting thought and something about our OL we already knew ..... which is they are not that good ..... and a confirmation Romo is playing more conservative .......

Tony Romo's sacks are up this year but his INTs are down. Last year he would chuck it, this year he eats it.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 08:39 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by superman8456 View Post
Did you watch the whole game though? It was a pretty poor officiated game. Still, we let a 17 point dwindle away and we had to win by a last minute FG.
No, just the highlights on ESPN, or in this case, lowlights. If by we I assume you mean the Eagles, & yes they underachieved in major ways. The big story I looked for was whether Westbrook would return from his concussion, go on IR, or just retire, that last option would be the best for all concerned, he's done. It makes a helluva big difference for McNabb, he needs that running game to keep the pass rush off of him, he has been rattled by it a time or 2 in his career. Consider that Dallas' pass rush has been the aspect of their defensive game that has stepped up dramatically since the big upset in NOLA it's a very big cause for concern for Philly.

Quote:
Like D says, Valley Ranch, North? maybe the organization should rent a freaking timeshare condo in GB, WI with all their road games there in cold weather months, maybe the NFL schedulers want to hype an Lambeau Ice Bowl '67 replay. Really getting sick of road games to the City Formerly Known As Titletown, USA.

Going to Houston & the cross-state rival again? That s/b a big red flag trap game alert for Dallas fans on the 2010 schedule, remember the Texans 1st regular season game & the big upset? I think like many others that the way the Texans are finishing strong this yr they're a hot young team on the rise who I hope threatens Robo-QB Manning & Indy in their division. Of course their stadium had its name in big capital letters on it then, ENRON Stadium, I think they've scraped all those old letters & the stink of its scandal off by now

The 9ers finish vs. the team with a lock on drafting Suh as the #1 overall pick, the hapless St. Louis Sheep, while the Cards finish vs. GB, Zona's already in the playoffs with the same sorry December lapse & rcd. they posted last yr. at this time, it's like it's a gimme for Zona to win the weakest conference in the NFL even when they lose in the desert to the Packers. I'm just glad to talk about other teams with a December lapse nowadays. If it's EssEff on the road in 2010 I'll stand in line for tickets, my 2 fave teams head to head, can't wait for the renewal of their early 80s rivalry.......

Last edited by LizardState : 12-29-2009 at 08:50 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 10:34 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Here is an interesting thought and something about our OL we already knew ..... which is they are not that good ..... and a confirmation Romo is playing more conservative .......

Tony Romo's sacks are up this year but his INTs are down. Last year he would chuck it, this year he eats it.
I think the critical point here that everyone is missing is that everyone assumes because we have a big OL that we are a power running team. We are not a power running team. We are a pass first team and the sooner everyone comes to grips with this, the less stress we'll add on ourselves.

I posted the article twice from bloggingtheboys.com where they chronicled our OL with DATA. We are NOT a power running team. We are not good at power off tackle running. We are more of a counter & draw team.

And can we all just agree that we are a PASSING team?! We pass to set up the run and our best offensive player is our QB. Why fight it. Roll with what you do well. That's why I think on some of these short yardage plays, I'd like to see us stay in our 2 TE, but spread the defense out and do a toss sweep or bootleg instead of bunching everything up the middle like we do repeatedly because I don't think that plays to our strength.

And yes, Tony has done a much better job this year of just eating the ball when there's nothing there.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote