Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-29-2009, 10:56 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Cowboys won't open playoffs in Philly
December, 28, 2009
DEC 28
11:17
PM CT
Comment Email Print Share
By Tim MacMahon
Forget about a first-round trip to Philadelphia for the Cowboys. That's no longer a possibility after the Vikings' overtime loss to the Bears.

The Eagles now have the opportunity to wrap up the NFC's No. 2 seed and a bye by beating the Cowboys. The Cowboys could also get the second seed, but they'd need to beat the Eagles and get some help (Vikings loss to the Giants and Cardinals loss or tie to the Packers).

If the Cowboys don't win Sunday, they'll travel to either Arizona or Minnesota for the first round. If they do win, they'd host either the Packers or Eagles.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:21 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
I think the critical point here that everyone is missing is that everyone assumes because we have a big OL that we are a power running team. We are not a power running team. We are a pass first team and the sooner everyone comes to grips with this, the less stress we'll add on ourselves.
I hate to admit it but you are correct. We are not a running team.

San Diego is more a running team in spite of the fact they have bad YPC.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:39 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
I hate to admit it but you are correct. We are not a running team.

San Diego is more a running team in spite of the fact they have bad YPC.
Now, don't get me wrong. I'm not saying we are not a good running team. I think our running game is very effective. I'm just saying we are not a power running team that runs to set up the pass.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 11:49 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Im a Marion Barber fan...but Tashard Choice is wasting away on your bench. He is the better runner. He's faster, can cut better, he finishes with power, Choice is a complete back.

Barber should just be a goalline back now. Its kind of a waste, bc he got all that money and he's capable of being more than a goalline back, but Choice is simply the better RB in my eyes.

Id split carries between Choice and Jones, and bring Barber in for short yardage.
Old 12-29-2009, 12:43 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watch the Vikings game last night and I see Peterson get the ball at the goalline on a dive and completely take it to the pylon for the score. Why can't our runningbacks have that instinct? Also the bears threw 2 touchdowns off of play action at the goalline. If we do playaction at the goalline, its normally out of the shotgun.
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 01:00 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crisco0710 View Post
I watch the Vikings game last night and I see Peterson get the ball at the goalline on a dive and completely take it to the pylon for the score. Why can't our runningbacks have that instinct? Also the bears threw 2 touchdowns off of play action at the goalline. If we do playaction at the goalline, its normally out of the shotgun.
A playaction out of shotgun???

I know Barber failed to convert short gains, but c'mon guys. Don't act like he's never shown you the ability to get yards when they weren't there. I swear... the appreciation for him has been totally shot. I feel like I'm the only one here who still wants him on the team.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Im a Marion Barber fan...but Tashard Choice is wasting away on your bench. He is the better runner. He's faster, can cut better, he finishes with power, Choice is a complete back.

Barber should just be a goalline back now. Its kind of a waste, bc he got all that money and he's capable of being more than a goalline back, but Choice is simply the better RB in my eyes.

Id split carries between Choice and Jones, and bring Barber in for short yardage.
Well, I think this is the wrong group to tell that to. In the beginning of the season when I suggested Choice be the starter, Felix be the change of pace and Barber be the finisher, I got hammered for the idea.
Old 12-29-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think it matters a bucket of p*ss who starts. Choice just needs more touches.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-29-2009, 01:16 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

It all goes back to Garrett's lack of recognition and adjustment.
Old 12-29-2009, 02:47 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
It all goes back to Garrett's lack of recognition and adjustment.
I'm not sure that's Garrett's call.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-29-2009, 03:52 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not sure that's Garrett's call.
Yeah, he usually waits until Jerry gives him a call for the suggestion. LOL.

You think I'm funny, but how many times has Jerry already had force Garrett to make changes?

How the offense goes is ALL on Garrett. Wade doesn't even bother.
Old 12-29-2009, 03:59 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Yeah, he usually waits until Jerry gives him a call for the suggestion. LOL.

You think I'm funny, but how many times has Jerry already had force Garrett to make changes?

How the offense goes is ALL on Garrett. Wade doesn't even bother.
I'm not sure we know that with 100% certainty.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-29-2009, 04:03 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I'm not sure we know that with 100% certainty.
Blame 'em both for all I care. But I see no reason NOT to blame Garrett for how he uses offensive players, how he calls the games, how he prepares for each game offensively, how he assigns players in each of his packages and how he makes adjustments both in game and between games. If he has to wait for someone to tell him something then he is already at fault.
Old 12-29-2009, 04:05 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Blame 'em both for all I care. But I see no reason NOT to blame Garrett for how he uses offensive players, how he calls the games, how he prepares for each game offensively, how he assigns players in each of his packages and how he makes adjustments both in game and between games. If he has to wait for someone to tell him something then he is already at fault.
I agree that Garrett has had some shakey moments. I'm willing to let this season play out before I'm going to pass judgement.

-Douglas MacArthur
Old 12-29-2009, 04:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
I agree that Garrett has had some shakey moments. I'm willing to let this season play out before I'm going to pass judgement.
...and then at the end just look at the "stats" right? hahaha.

Don't worry. Your boy Garrett will be back next season.
Old 12-29-2009, 06:34 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

MOD EDIT: Try again when you learn how to source.

http://www.draftcountdown.com/forum/...ad.php?t=10018

Next time will result in an infraction.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by Ward : 12-29-2009 at 06:39 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2009, 07:04 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Sooo it's Miles Austin, Jason Witten, Andre Gurode, Leonard Davis, Demarcus Ware and Jay Ratliff to the Pro Bowl!!! Wooohooo!

Only disappointments are Romo and Jenkins.
Old 12-29-2009, 07:55 PM    (permalink
dpl85
Pro Bowler

dpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairdpl85 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Kosier is more deserving than Davis who benefits from being a first round pick and having name recognition. He's been solid but far from pro bowl level. Mike Jenkins should make it for years to come if the voters are smart.
Old 12-29-2009, 09:44 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Davis? What a crock.

Jenkins out is also a crock.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:26 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit
Well, I think this is the wrong group to tell that to. In the beginning of the season when I suggested Choice be the starter, Felix be the change of pace and Barber be the finisher, I got hammered for the idea.
Had the same feeling since getting a chance to see Choice late last season. Felt vindicated last year when Barber in a starting role fell injured and never looked the force he had been the two previous seasons.

Choice should get the first three or four drives of both halves. Felix should be used in a 3rd down backs role or in any situation which gives us a two back look.(Felix and Marion should be used in these sets)... And Barber should get nearly all the playing time at the end of the second and fourth quarters.

But Barber gets paid too much to be a 4th quarter situation specialist. Which was my issue when he got the paycheck that he got. I don't want to lose him in the slightest. Because there are way better coordinators out there who won't give him time based on how much he's getting paid but based on what he's good for.

I just want Garrett to smarten the **** up and utilise our RB's in a manner which will allow all three to prosper.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:54 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The way that the Giants used Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs last year was perfect.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:56 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Utilizing three running backs almost never works. It sounds great on paper but, it's very difficult to get three involved. There is only one ball. Three is just too many. If I had my way...Felix would start and see the majority of carries with either Choice or Barber seeing a nice workload off the bench next year. Felix and Choice sounds fine to me, whatever. I just think Felix should be the guy that sees the most action. IMO, he's the best back on our team and it's not that close. He just doesnt get enough action.

The league is ever changing...the speed back is more dangerous than ever. And smaller, speedy backs like CJ and Jamal Charles are really flourishing...and carrying heftier loads. Hell, even Harrison has been great when given the touches. The averages for these guys are insanely high and they're steady. I dont see Felix dropping off at all with more carries. I think we're sitting on potentially one of the league's most dangerous weapons here. He's wasting away in this current role. Our offense is only going to get better the more Felix gets the ball.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:59 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Utilizing three running backs never works. It sounds great on paper but, it's very difficult to get three involved. There is only one ball. Three is just too many. If I had my way...Felix would start and see the majority of carries with either Choice or Barber seeing a nice workload off the bench next year. Felix and Choice sounds fine to me, whatever. I just think Felix should be the guy that sees the most action. IMO, he's the best back on our team and it's not that close. He just doesnt get enough action.

The league is ever changing...the speed back is more dangerous than ever. And smaller, speedy backs like CJ and Jamal Charles are really flourishing...and carrying heftier loads. Hell, even Harrison has been great when given the touches. The averages for these guys are insanely high and they're steady. I dont see Felix dropping off at all with more carries. I think we're sitting on potentially one of the league's most dangerous weapons here. He's wasting away in this current role. Our offense is only going to get better the more Felix gets the ball.
Only concern with Felix is that he's fragile and very injury prone. I don't wanna break him down and shorten his career. He's got a lot of promise to fulfill. I don't mind giving him 10-12 touches a game, but more than that is pushing it. If he shows he can handle that for a full season, then I give him more. But we've got to be careful with him.

Choice should be our human dummy bag. Using him at will.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The fact that we have Choice...would actually make me feel more comfortable giving Felix the ball more. Because, we have some nice insurance. I really dont want us to continue to baby Felix. Yeah, he's had some injury problems but there has to come a time when you say F it, and give him the damn ball. Too many times, Felix has been absolutely killing it out there, averaging 8-10 yards a run and yet, Garrett will ignore that fact completely. And top him out at about 8 carries. At least the last three games he's topped 10 per game in each but, I def. feel he's still being under utilized.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:48 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Only concern with Felix is that he's fragile and very injury prone. I don't wanna break him down and shorten his career. He's got a lot of promise to fulfill. I don't mind giving him 10-12 touches a game, but more than that is pushing it. If he shows he can handle that for a full season, then I give him more. But we've got to be careful with him.

Choice should be our human dummy bag. Using him at will.
You know, that's kinda the strange thing about Felix is that during his college career, he never missed a game with injury. He was very healthy.

-Douglas MacArthur