Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 12-30-2009, 10:17 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

This whole RB debate is why I never wanted to sign MBIII for big-time starter money or draft Felix ahead of Mendenhall. **CJ after the fact but no one projected what he has done and likely would never have done if not for being behind putrid passing Vince Young.**

I agree two RB is enough given (a) you only have one ball and (b) JG is a pass happy buffoon.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:40 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macarthur View Post
You know, that's kinda the strange thing about Felix is that during his college career, he never missed a game with injury. He was very healthy.
He got limited playing time at Arkansas b/c he was competing with McFadden, who was considered #1 overall draft pick material.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:55 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
He got limited playing time at Arkansas b/c he was competing with McFadden, who was considered #1 overall draft pick material.
Jerrah can probably send Oggletree to Oakalnd and get DMac plus a 2nd right now.

Oggletree is fast.

Last edited by herniateddisc : 12-30-2009 at 11:57 AM.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:02 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Jerrah can probably send Oggletree to Oakalnd and get DMac plus a 2nd right now.

Oggletree is fast.
Ogletree made an outstanding catch @WAS. Loved it! He's really looking like a nice player. I think Patrick Crayton better watch his back. I'd rather give Crayton's snaps to Ogletree already. Sam Hurd is out of the question already. Ogletree has surpassed him, imo.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:03 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
The way that the Giants used Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs last year was perfect.
Yeah but that offense is totally different than the one we run now, which allowed Eli to have a career year. It's a trade off. Football is not a video game. You want a more run oriented offense, with a nice mixture of Rbs that get used, then Romo's role gets reduced. All those 300 yard games go out the window, and you basically become our offense of the past. You really want that? I wanted the offense you guys have and even liked the offense this year for us. I was glad to leave that run oriented offense.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:05 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Oggletree is fast.
He's going to get McFadden and a 2 for a guy with six career catches? Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh...no.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 12:08 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
This whole RB debate is why I never wanted to sign MBIII for big-time starter money or draft Felix ahead of Mendenhall. **CJ after the fact but no one projected what he has done and likely would never have done if not for being behind putrid passing Vince Young.**

I agree two RB is enough given (a) you only have one ball and (b) JG is a pass happy buffoon.
FYI, I wanted Chris Johnson over Felix and Mendenhall. I just don't preach it over and over to seek e-cred. ;) I wanted the nickname of our RBs to be the Dread head Brothers! Remember? With the first pick, I wanted Jenkins. I should take a picture of the dent in my wall where I threw the TV remote when we took Felix. lol.
Old 12-30-2009, 12:24 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boss+Manning=Banning View Post
Yeah but that offense is totally different than the one we run now, which allowed Eli to have a career year. It's a trade off. Football is not a video game. You want a more run oriented offense, with a nice mixture of Rbs that get used, then Romo's role gets reduced. All those 300 yard games go out the window, and you basically become our offense of the past. You really want that? I wanted the offense you guys have and even liked the offense this year for us. I was glad to leave that run oriented offense.
I like the way you shared carries between your backs and got all 3 involved. We just use 2 backs mostly.

As for Romo's vs Eli's stats... Cowboys only passed 4 more times a game than the NYG did in '08. I wouldn't say Eli's stats are held back by the offense not giving him throwing opportunities.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:06 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
The way that the Giants used Derrick Ward, Ahmad Bradshaw and Brandon Jacobs last year was perfect.
actually it wasn't. thats the problem with having 3 backs, theres not enough carries to go around. Bradshaw barely touched the ball last year, he'd average like 4 carries a game if that.

He was our more explosive player, and most of us felt we were better off using him as our change of pace opposed to Ward, but Ward got the touches bc of seniority.

This year, he did very good, but he was playing on 2 sprained ankles all season essentially, so he was limited. He'll be a gamer next year.

For the Cowboys, I just think with the style of offense they play, TC is just a much better choice (no pun) for being the starting RB bc of his explosion.

Actually Jones is, but the guy can't stay healthy.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:07 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I like the way you shared carries between your backs and got all 3 involved. We just use 2 backs mostly.

As for Romo's vs Eli's stats... Cowboys only passed 4 more times a game than the NYG did in '08. I wouldn't say Eli's stats are held back by the offense not giving him throwing opportunities.
it depends...its the type of throws they make. the Cowboys are more vertical. bigger plays downfield.

both had very good seasons. You can argue for either of them. The truth is though that while both had very good seasons, the 3 guys ahead of them had better seasons so we really can't complain about our qbs getting snubbed in PB voting.
Old 12-30-2009, 01:47 PM    (permalink
NY+Giants=NYG
All-Pro

NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.NY+Giants=NYG is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

You guys do it cuz that's your system. We did it because our Rbs, specifically Jacobs stunk this year. So we had to throw the ball. Oh yeah, other reason why stats suck, it doesn't take into account how our defense put us in a hole every time, so we had to throw the ball. This is for this year..

Our past years it was a more run oriented offense, though Coughlin would say Balanced offense. I would say it, and I have many, many break downs to prove it from route combos which are reflected in stats which go hand in hand. But mainly my game breakdowns from past years indicate the difference in scheme on the offensive side of the ball.
NY+Giants=NYG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 02:39 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
FYI, I wanted Chris Johnson over Felix and Mendenhall. I just don't preach it over and over to seek e-cred. ;) I wanted the nickname of our RBs to be the Dread head Brothers! Remember? With the first pick, I wanted Jenkins. I should take a picture of the dent in my wall where I threw the TV remote when we took Felix. lol.
Oh dear. Well, I wanted Mendehall and Jenkins in that order.

Rodgers Cromartie over Jenkins??? Sounds like BS.
Old 12-30-2009, 03:12 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Oh dear. Well, I wanted Mendehall and Jenkins in that order.

Rodgers Cromartie over Jenkins??? Sounds like BS.
I think we all wanted Jenkins, I remember alot of us were po'ed because we didnt take Jenkins first. Just think, if we would have taken Jenkins first we probably would have grabbed CJ with our 2nd.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 04:04 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I am a Garrett basher, but I think he's called some good games the past two weeks. Sure everyone will remember the short yardage failures, and he deserves some criticism for that. But he's called some good games overall, and he doesn't seem to be hindering the offense like he has before. Hopefully he can keep it up through the playoffs. This team has had some falters in the past, but if they can stay consistent they could go pretty far in the post season. Time will tell though.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 05:39 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
I think we all wanted Jenkins, I remember alot of us were po'ed because we didnt take Jenkins first. Just think, if we would have taken Jenkins first we probably would have grabbed CJ with our 2nd.
I thought CJ went 24 -- before Jenkins.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:48 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

I thought you guys shouldve taken Mendenhall over Felix. I liked Johnson more too, but I thought he'd go in the 2nd, and was surprised Tennessee took him in the 1st.

But you gotta admit, having Choice balances it all out. I actually wasn't a very big Felix Jones fan at all coming out, and I think I said back then that I liked Choice better than Jones.

Turns out both are damn good, just that Jones can't stay healthy. But if you compare Mendenhall to Choice, I don't know if there is very much of a difference between them.

They're almost identical. So it balances out. I loved Mike Jenkins coming out and was so pissed you guys got him. I was hoping he'd fall to the Giants. But getting Kenny Phillips in the 1st and Terrell Thomas, who's been a great CB for us in the 2nd was probably for the better.
Old 12-30-2009, 05:59 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I thought CJ went 24 -- before Jenkins.
Oh, did he? My bad then...

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 09:15 PM    (permalink
nrcirc
Veteran

nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.nrcirc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Talking Happy Birthday MOTH!

Happy Birthday MOTH!
nrcirc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 10:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

haha

Thanks bud. I'm getting old, my dream of playing for the Cowboys is dying. :(

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2009, 11:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I thought you guys shouldve taken Mendenhall over Felix. I liked Johnson more too, but I thought he'd go in the 2nd, and was surprised Tennessee took him in the 1st.

But you gotta admit, having Choice balances it all out. I actually wasn't a very big Felix Jones fan at all coming out, and I think I said back then that I liked Choice better than Jones.

Turns out both are damn good, just that Jones can't stay healthy. But if you compare Mendenhall to Choice, I don't know if there is very much of a difference between them.

They're almost identical. So it balances out. I loved Mike Jenkins coming out and was so pissed you guys got him. I was hoping he'd fall to the Giants. But getting Kenny Phillips in the 1st and Terrell Thomas, who's been a great CB for us in the 2nd was probably for the better.
I didn't want Mendenhall. Bunch of guys here did though. I also thought that Chris Johnson would last to the 2nd. Isn't it odd that Jeff Fisher said that he would've taken Felix Jones if we didn't?

Imagine if we took Chris Johnson and Desean Jackson?! wow.
Old 12-31-2009, 12:24 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

http://espn.go.com/blog/dallas/cowboys

IRVING, Texas -- Unlike another receiver who used to call Valley Ranch home, Roy Williams isn't much of a popcorn promoter.

In fact, he's requesting that Cowboys fans at JerryWorld spend less time munching on popcorn and put more effort into making noise.

"Itís not loud because the fans are sitting their watching the JumboTron, eating their popcorn, enjoying the movie on the screen until the game gets exciting at the end to where we need the fans," Williams said. "At the end, thatís when it gets really loud.

"But you go to New Orleans, where itís just loud the whole game until we take them out of it. Then when they got back into it, we couldnít hear in the huddle.

"Thatís what we need in this big stadium. Youíve got 80,000-plus fans. I understand looking at that JumboTron it gets mesmerizing, but we need them to cheer as well."

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Why is it that Dallas Stadium doesn't rock the noise like other places?
Old 12-31-2009, 04:10 AM    (permalink
Thumper
Pro Bowler

Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Thumper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have reasons that I think it isn't loud and they probably wouldn't be appreciated in this thread. But I think it will be very loud come Sunday, its the Eagles for the division championship they better be loud and if they aren't? That would only reinforce my reasons ten fold.
Thumper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 08:33 AM    (permalink
ricowboy
Rookie

ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.ricowboy is a cocksman.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper View Post
I have reasons that I think it isn't loud and they probably wouldn't be appreciated in this thread. But I think it will be very loud come Sunday, its the Eagles for the division championship they better be loud and if they aren't? That would only reinforce my reasons ten fold.
I agree with Thumper on the noise level.
ricowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 10:05 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

FWIW I wanted Mendenhall over McFadden or even Felix Jones in that draft too.

Look at the ball control issues the 2 Razorbacks experienced their rookie yrs. compared to Mendenhall, McFadden had 2 turf toes I know but that doesn't excuse his many strips, fumbles, etc.

And that fast 40 time did him how much good as a Raider rookie RB? Bernie Pollard chased him down from behind in KC at a 60+-yd. dead run & punched the ball out, lmao. So much for 40 times....

And the RB rotation in Dallas s/b MBIII & Tashard Choice, Felix is so eggshell-fragile that he s/b used exclusively on KO returns....that is all.

Last edited by LizardState : 12-31-2009 at 10:09 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2009, 04:49 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Why is it that Dallas Stadium doesn't rock the noise like other places?
For whatever reasons, I don't think Dallas has ever had much of a home-field advantage. I think the more hardcore blue collar type fans you can get in a stadium, the louder it is. The prices that we charge for tickets aren't going to draw much of that crowd. Too many rich, pretty people on their cells asking some goober relative if they can see them on TV.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote