Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 01-27-2010, 12:41 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Tennet seems to be having trouble. Olsen seems to be having a good week.

Some interesting comments from Scott on Odrick, Kyle Wilson, Gilyard, John Jerry, Houston, Dan Williams & Rolle. All guys that would fill some needed roles for the Boys.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:06 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Wouldn't DE be a bit more of a smarter pick for our first pick this year?

With Flo's position being the only major spot to fill(and that is still not a guarantee as yet) I would think that Doug Free would get first chance at the position. Thus spending a first on that position unless it's can't miss(and picking at 23 or whichever spot we are at probably suggests the talent isn't can't miss).

My preference is either to trade right out of the first round and get a first next year and maybe a second or third this year. Give us a better chance to nail a mid round Corner. Get the third or fourth best Safety in the class and take a DE early.

Obviously I think we do need to spend a pick on the OL. We need someone to spot Gurode if he get's injured, as well as taking someone in case Free doesn't work out(but again. I'm not taking first round as a Possible insurance policy)
I was thinking the same thing. DE and safety would be at the top of my list for a first rounder, because a lot of spots are so locked up that those two positions would seem to have the best chance at playing right now.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:34 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We Need A Playmaker At Safety!!!!!
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
We Need A Playmaker At Safety!!!!!
Unless we are moving up in the draft or pickup a guy in a rough FA we are going to be up **** creek.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 11:55 PM    (permalink
clay_allison
Rookie

clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.

I'm not that worried about safety. For the first time in forever the safety position hasn't been a glaring weakness and I'd rather concentrate on other positions unless Ed Reed II falls in our laps. I don't think Eric Berry makes it to 27 (since he won't make it to #4) so I don't think the upgrade is out there and I do think the team will be ok without it.
clay_allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2010, 12:02 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I just want playmakers on D.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 12:44 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Lots of chatter on the Senior Bowl thread about the Cowboys showing a major interest in Iupati, saying he reminds everyone of Nate Newton at OG, etc.

While all 32 teams go to great lengths every offseason to play their cards as close to the vests as possible & not tip their draft preferences, everybody is loosemouthed in Mobile to the press & anyone who listens during Senior Bowl Wk. Likewise everyone assume the coaches from the 2 terms coaching the North & South squads will picks out several players they've individually worked with as preferences for their teams, but I don't think anyone in the drafnik world takes this seriously.

When you hear stuff like Dallas interested in Iupati to play OG the rule of thumb is go to the Team Needs default position. Ten factor in their place in the draft order. For example, will Iupati last until Dallas drafts (after 20-something other teams have drafted)? No he won't, so then is he worth trading up to acquire, & do they have the ammo to do it? No & no..... not taking the Dallas moving up for Iupati very seriously.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:36 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So who are the guys that are coming back no matter what happens this offseason? Here is a rough list of guys who will be with the Cowboys in 2010 barring something crazy happening.

QB:
Romo
McGee

RB:
Felix
Barber?
Choice

WR:
Miles
Roy
Ogletree
Crayton

TE:
Witten
Phillips

OL:
Gurode
Davis
Columbo
Kosier
Free
Brewster

DL:
Ratliff
Olshansky
Bowen

LB:
Ware
Bradie
Brooking
Spencer
Butler
J. Williams

CB:
Jenkins
Newman
Scandrick
Ball

S:
both Hamlins
Sensy?

ST:
McBriar
LaDoucer

I'm sure y'all could add to that. I put question marks by guys who I think will come back, but it's not much of a lock like the others. I don't think Barber gets traded, but stranger things have happened before.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 06:46 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I actually don't think it's a lock McGee returns. I know he was a project and all but it's more of a lock Kitna comes back, and if we pick up maybe LeFevour that we like more we could try and slip him onto the PS.

Also you put both Hamlins? Neither are a lock, but Ken Hamlin is one of the prime cut candidates. Ball played at worst equal to him for a hell of a lot cheaper, and Hamlin makes too much to not make an impact. I think it could be Ball and a safety we draft for that spot.

I read somewhere Jerry likes Earl Thomas soooo :D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I read somewhere Jerry likes Earl Thomas soooo :D[/quote]

That would be my favorite scenario, even if we have to trade up to get him. He would take our D to another level and yes he is >>>taylor Mays.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 07:14 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He is the playmaking safety we need! Taylor will be an average guy like Ken Hamlin IMO....
Old 01-31-2010, 08:33 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I have come to grips that Earl Thomas is a better prospect than Taylor Mays. But I'm not ready to believe without a doubt that he will be the better pro. IMO, Thomas is a CB who played S in college. Can he be an NFL Safety and provide the same game? Is Thomas not afraid to lay his body out and mix it up? The transition for Mays will probably be easier in that respect.
Old 01-31-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

McGee not being brought back...are you crazy? Someone has been smoking...he was a 4th round pick and has done what the coaching staff has wanted. He is a lock to come back.

I just find it hard to believe that we'll move up to land a guy in the first round. Every year I mock up a way for us to do it...but I think if we have learned anything from the draft process it's you can find just as good of talent in the 2nd round as you can in the first. Moving up for a top 15 pick has to be either a top 5 guy who has fallen or at a premier position LT/QB/CB.

Besides that you really can't justify it. Now I guess if your moving up a couple of spots maybe I could see Jerry doing it...but I have a feeling we'll watch Thomas go off the board in that 18-25 range and people will be pissed.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2010, 10:36 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Best D Playmaker is Brandon Graham.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

Are you talking entire draft or in our range???
Old 02-01-2010, 06:06 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule
McGee not being brought back...are you crazy? Someone has been smoking...he was a 4th round pick and has done what the coaching staff has wanted. He is a lock to come back.

I just find it hard to believe that we'll move up to land a guy in the first round. Every year I mock up a way for us to do it...but I think if we have learned anything from the draft process it's you can find just as good of talent in the 2nd round as you can in the first. Moving up for a top 15 pick has to be either a top 5 guy who has fallen or at a premier position LT/QB/CB.

Besides that you really can't justify it. Now I guess if your moving up a couple of spots maybe I could see Jerry doing it...but I have a feeling we'll watch Thomas go off the board in that 18-25 range and people will be pissed.
And this is the exact reason why I actually didn't hate the JJ move from a few years back. Moving back makes sense because it allows us to stockpile picks and if we get lucky and the team sucks balls. It gives us that top fifteen pick that we covet(the following year) while also maintaining a level of success that we want to see(picking late in the draft).

I'll take trading out of the first this year for a 3rd or 4th this year and a 1st next year.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:14 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
Are you talking entire draft or in our range???
Draft. He just makes plays.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I have come to grips that Earl Thomas is a better prospect than Taylor Mays. But I'm not ready to believe without a doubt that he will be the better pro. IMO, Thomas is a CB who played S in college. Can he be an NFL Safety and provide the same game? Is Thomas not afraid to lay his body out and mix it up? The transition for Mays will probably be easier in that respect.
Thomas lays plenty of wood. He's very physical. Has amazing speed, great deep FS, sure tackler, he's the man.

He's actually not as far off from Eric Berry as ppl think. Berry just has a better knack for the INT.

Mays isn't in his league right now. Right now, I have Mays as a 2nd round guy, as far as grade is concerned. Someone will reach for him earlier than that.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:19 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Best D Playmaker is Brandon Graham.
I agree. I was just raving about him on the Giants team board. Probably my favorite D player in the draft outside of Suh and McCoy.

I love Sergio Kindle and Derrick Morgan too. And Dan Williams.
Old 02-01-2010, 09:20 AM    (permalink
clay_allison
Rookie

clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
And this is the exact reason why I actually didn't hate the JJ move from a few years back. Moving back makes sense because it allows us to stockpile picks and if we get lucky and the team sucks balls. It gives us that top fifteen pick that we covet(the following year) while also maintaining a level of success that we want to see(picking late in the draft).

I'll take trading out of the first this year for a 3rd or 4th this year and a 1st next year.
That would be below value. When we traded out of the Stephen Jackson and Brady Quinn picks we got a second that year and a first the next. Why would we start accepting less?
LB Chuck Howley
clay_allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2010, 04:58 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

The kicking situation seems to be looking better with more competition...

The Cowboys need to address their kicking situation this off-season and they have added one already, Connor Hughes.

Hughes actually worked out for the Cowboys in December when they signed Shaun Suisham. The thinking then was that they wanted a kicker with experience, so Suisham won the job when the Cowboys replaced Nick Folk.

Hughes set Virginia records in points (332), field goals made (66), attempted (79), extra points made (134) and extra points attempted (138). His 83.5 percent accuracy rate on field goals was second in school history.

He spent training camp with New Orleans in 2006 and was with Pittsburgh in 2007. He kicked in the Arena Football League for Philadelphia in 2008.

Special teams coach Joe DeCamillis expressed confidence that David Buehler could develop into the field goal kicker in 2010. Buehler handled the kickoff job in 2009 but never really worked on field goals during the year and has a strong but sometimes wild leg.

"It's going to be a competitive situation," DeCamillis said after Saturday's Pro Bowl practice. "We've got to see what happens there. We've got to come up with a plan and stick with the plan whatever the plan is. There will be some competition there for sure."

The note on Buehler is also interesting...
Old 02-01-2010, 05:10 PM    (permalink
djp
Team Leader
Icon

djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.djp is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Earl Thomas will be a much more efficient safety in today's NFL. Ronnie Lott would have been banished from the league had he played in the 2000's. The grey line between illegal hit and clean hit fluctuates way too much. I'm not saying this makes Taylor Mays a bad prospect, but I think teams are definitely going to go with the rangy, cover safety a lot more than the big time, run supporting type.

Earl Thomas vs Taylor Mays in coverage : Thomas by a wide margin
Earl Thomas vs Taylor Mays in "laying their bodies out and mixing it up" : Mays by a small margin
Earl Thomas vs Taylor Mays in run support : I would call it a wash personally
Old 02-01-2010, 05:29 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by djp View Post
Earl Thomas will be a much more efficient safety in today's NFL. Ronnie Lott would have been banished from the league had he played in the 2000's. The grey line between illegal hit and clean hit fluctuates way too much. I'm not saying this makes Taylor Mays a bad prospect, but I think teams are definitely going to go with the rangy, cover safety a lot more than the big time, run supporting type.

Earl Thomas vs Taylor Mays in coverage : Thomas by a wide margin
Earl Thomas vs Taylor Mays in "laying their bodies out and mixing it up" : Mays by a small margin
Earl Thomas vs Taylor Mays in run support : I would call it a wash personally
That's a good point about Ronnie Lott. ...and today's game.

Here's one for you... Earl Thomas vs Taylor Mays in durability: Mays by a wide margin.

Earl Thomas has the body of a corner. Mays has the body of a safety. Look at the career life of a guy like Bob Sanders who's body just couldn't handle the durability needed at that position. Not saying they are the same body type, but let's not kid ourselves about Earl "slim" Thomas.
Old 02-01-2010, 11:40 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
You act like he'd be the first draft pick selected in the 4th round to be cut after a year in the history of the league, or on this team even. I didn't say he'd be cut, just don't think he's a lock in my books. It's not like if we tried to stash him on the PS there would be a huge line waiting to sign him. I wouldn't hate LeFevour in the mid rounds this year, maybe it's being too hasty to pick a QB in the middle rounds then do it again, just throwing stuff out there.

I think he'll be back, but I wouldn't call him a 100% lock myself, he's not that important or good to act like there is no way he could get cut and slipped to the PS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clay_allison
That would be below value. When we traded out of the Stephen Jackson and Brady Quinn picks we got a second that year and a first the next. Why would we start accepting less?
Because the pick is 5 later in the draft.

Both of those trades were around the early 20's weren't they? We are at 27 this year. Maybe we could trade with someone like the Colts or Jets for there second round pick but that would require them to want a second first rounder.

My preference is AFC regardless. Less to worry about if it's an AFC team. But I'm not too fussy about the compensation this year as long as it's a first next year.