Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 02-24-2010, 08:53 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The scary thing is that Folk said he got his accuracy back. Stating that he was leaning to far forward which was causing him to not get through the ball the way he used to. God I hope he doesn't go on to be a stud the rest of his career...that'd sting.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:09 AM    (permalink
clay_allison
Rookie

clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.clay_allison is so money.

hopefully David Buehler can develop into an all-around kicker and make Folk's departure a non-issue. Even if Folk got his accuracy back, he's a terrible kickoff guy.
LB Chuck Howley
clay_allison is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:16 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
The scary thing is that Folk said he got his accuracy back. Stating that he was leaning to far forward which was causing him to not get through the ball the way he used to. God I hope he doesn't go on to be a stud the rest of his career...that'd sting.
Folk is a talker. Remember when he said it was the holder's fault?

Besides, is it written in stone that he wouldn't get another audition with us.. ever? If he can prove his accuracy against the rest of our competition, then that's the best way to bring him back... but not off the word of his mouth.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Still though...you guys should have put him on IR and brought him back to see if he had anything left.

Now who do you have? You have a kicker problem again.
Old 02-24-2010, 04:45 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
Still though...you guys should have put him on IR and brought him back to see if he had anything left.

Now who do you have? You have a kicker problem again.
Can you put someone on IR who's not injured?

Folk could've sued or something by preventing him from working out with another team when he's not injured.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
Burns336
Pro Bowler

Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336 Burns336

I hope he's back... Then the Jets will let Jay Feely go.

I'm telling you guys, Feely would be great for us in so many ways. He's good, he's an all around player, and he's tough. He's like an older version of Buehler that knows how to kick.

Let him and Chris Boniol spend the entire year turning Buehler into a FG kicker and problem is solved.
Burns336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 07:46 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Can you put someone on IR who's not injured?

Folk could've sued or something by preventing him from working out with another team when he's not injured.
Technically he was injured. He was still recovering from his injury. He wouldn't have much of a case.

The Patriots have done a lot more shady things than that. They even let their IR'ed players practice.

So I'm sure Dallas could have gotten away with it.
Old 02-24-2010, 08:10 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burns336 View Post
I hope he's back... Then the Jets will let Jay Feely go.

I'm telling you guys, Feely would be great for us in so many ways. He's good, he's an all around player, and he's tough. He's like an older version of Buehler that knows how to kick.

Let him and Chris Boniol spend the entire year turning Buehler into a FG kicker and problem is solved.
It be a huge leap of faith to let Feely go. But if not Stover is perfectly fine for a year. He's clutch, a veteran, and pretty automatic under 50 yards, that and he openly stated he wanted to come here. He'd be the perfect guy to put with Buehler to see if there is anything there.

If we could just make Buehler our 50+ FG kicker and manage to get him doing long distance kicks with accuracy which he obviously has the leg for then it be a perfect match.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2010, 08:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we'll bring a kicker in from FA. However I did read that Boniol has a connection to Hunter Lawrence...so maybe we take a flier on him with our 7th.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-25-2010, 05:17 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No surprise that we didnt tag Miles.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 07:07 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I know teams don't hardly ever give up a 1st and a 3rd for any player in the NFL but I'm getting really worried that it is a possibility. Throw in a poison pill and we are looking for a #1 WR somewhere in the draft. I really don't think losing Austin and drafting a Dez Bryant and a 3rd would be a win for us. Even worse is if we try to address it with another player...yuck this WR class isn't attractive to me. Eric Decker is the only WR I truly trust to come in and work and I don't know if we'd draft him.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 02-26-2010, 10:22 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know teams don't hardly ever give up a 1st and a 3rd for any player in the NFL but I'm getting really worried that it is a possibility. Throw in a poison pill and we are looking for a #1 WR somewhere in the draft. I really don't think losing Austin and drafting a Dez Bryant and a 3rd would be a win for us. Even worse is if we try to address it with another player...yuck this WR class isn't attractive to me. Eric Decker is the only WR I truly trust to come in and work and I don't know if we'd draft him.
It's a weird WR class allright, there's Bryant & everybody else, big dropoff there although I have to admit Golden Tate is growing on me bigtime. And Bryant has that ? over his head about talking to an agent or whatever got him suspended, must have been a serious NCAA violation b/c it seems to have trashed Oklahoma St's whole season. He can answer that & other questions in his Combine interviews happening even as we post.

He's clearly going to be the 1st receiver off the board, & so the question is that the need is so great for a rookie WR that is Dallas willing to trade up for him? IDTS. Look at last yr's #1 WR, Crabtree. Granted it was fluky thing for him to "drop" 3 spots to the 9ers but it caused him to demand higher pick $ & he held out until October -- there's no doubt he hurt their offense by missing camp & all of September & Vernon Davis had to become the go-t0 guy. Dallas can't afford a draftee holdout, period.

Maybe Dallas should take a mid- or later-round receiver, maybe Tate will be there without working a trade, maybe connect on the next Hakeem Nicks to supplement the current crop, the team is at risk now with a serious hole there with their overpaid, underachieving alleged playmaker Royboy. If Roy tanks again we're in mega-trouble & defenses will double Austin all day, best place to find a replacement is the draft, soooooo.......

Last edited by LizardState : 02-26-2010 at 10:48 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
It's a weird WR class allright, there's Bryant & everybody else, big dropoff there although I have to admit Golden Tate is growing on me bigtime. And Bryant has that ? over his head about talking to an agent or whatever got him suspended, must have been a serious NCAA violation b/c it seems to have trashed Oklahoma St's whole season. He can answer that & other questions in his Combine interviews happening even as we post.

He's clearly going to be the 1st receiver off the board, & so the question is that the need is so great for a rookie WR that is Dallas willing to trade up for him? IDTS. Look at last yr's #1 WR, Crabtree. Granted it was fluky thing for him to "drop" 3 spots to the 9ers but it caused him to demand higher pick $ & he held out until October -- there's no doubt he hurt their offense by missing camp & all of September & Vernon Davis had to become the go-t0 guy. Dallas can't afford a draftee holdout, period.

Maybe Dallas should take a mid- or later-round receiver, maybe Tate will be there without working a trade, maybe connect on the next Hakeem Nicks to supplement the current crop, the team is at risk now with a serious hole there with their overpaid, underachieving alleged playmaker Royboy. If Roy tanks again we're in mega-trouble & defenses will double Austin all day, best place to find a replacement is the draft, soooooo.......
I'm a huge Demeryius Thomas fan personally.

I think he's going to be a beast.
Old 02-26-2010, 02:56 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He's not going anywhere...if we dont sign him to an extension, we'll place the 1st and 3rd round tender on him and we have the right to match any offer he may get. Which he more than likely, wont get any. And if he did, we'd be forced to match and I'm sure we would. I wouldnt worry.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-27-2010, 09:43 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

If they would have played the best player out of camp last year, Hurd would be starting. :D I'll believe it when I see it.

edit....

Where did the post go, that I was responding to?

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 02-27-2010 at 03:08 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:01 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Bruce Campbell is no longer in the plans.

Tackle class is pretty impressive however.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2010, 03:08 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I hate going O-Line in the 1st but, Campbell would have been nice.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 02-27-2010, 03:13 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I hate going O-Line in the 1st but, Campbell would have been nice.
Looking at this athletic nature of these guys, I would say moving into the early second and picking up and early third nets us what we need.

For example, I don't think Iupati goes first or the FL Center either becuase there are so many T prospects.

Not only that if folks are so in love with the OL, then something elso of need might fall into our lap ... Rolando McClain anyone? E Thomas (S)?
Old 02-28-2010, 12:22 AM    (permalink
JoeyHeisman
Rookie

JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.JoeyHeisman is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Looking at this athletic nature of these guys, I would say moving into the early second and picking up and early third nets us what we need.

For example, I don't think Iupati goes first or the FL Center either becuase there are so many T prospects.

Not only that if folks are so in love with the OL, then something elso of need might fall into our lap ... Rolando McClain anyone? E Thomas (S)?
If Rolando McClain slipped to 20, the organization would be morbidly stupid to not trade up and take him.
JoeyHeisman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

This is why I hate Crayton and wish he would be cut in favor of Hurd

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-if-to-re.html

He is still polishing that loser's knob and rehashing bad old news.
Old 03-02-2010, 07:37 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyHeisman View Post
If Rolando McClain slipped to 20, the organization would be morbidly stupid to not trade up and take him.
They were morbidly stupid to not to pick Rey Rey. A real 3-4 thumper to replace Bradie.
Old 03-02-2010, 11:01 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Safety in the late 1st rd, anyone? Taylor Mays just stunned the Combine with a 4.24 40 time.

We need a FG kicker (as opposed to a converted kickoff guy like Buehler), a safety, & front 5 OL, all of whom can start as rookies, pretty sky-high expectations for a shopping list huh?
Old 03-02-2010, 11:05 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Taylor Mays will go higher than that and he's a bad fit for us anyway. He looks exactly like Roy Williams in coverage.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 03-02-2010, 12:56 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Safety in the late 1st rd, anyone? Taylor Mays just stunned the Combine with a 4.24 40 time.
Did you want him before he ran? I'm not talking about you in particuliar, but it baffles me how people can just all of a sudden want a guy because he's fast.

I guess we should get Vernon Gholston too then huh? He has to be good because he's really big and fast.

It's one thing if you liked him before that's fine, but if you just want him because he's fast I don't get it. If anything maybe this helped him bump above Thomas so we can get him. Mays has shown nothing on the field to make me want him, as fast as he is it's even more disappointing how he read and reacts on the ball in the air.

You can't time instincts, and I'm not about to get all excited over his 40 like that makes him know how to play football. People do this every year after the 40's.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2010, 01:52 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Did you want him before he ran? I'm not talking about you in particuliar, but it baffles me how people can just all of a sudden want a guy because he's fast.

I guess we should get Vernon Gholston too then huh? He has to be good because he's really big and fast.

It's one thing if you liked him before that's fine, but if you just want him because he's fast I don't get it. If anything maybe this helped him bump above Thomas so we can get him. Mays has shown nothing on the field to make me want him, as fast as he is it's even more disappointing how he read and reacts on the ball in the air.

You can't time instincts, and I'm not about to get all excited over his 40 like that makes him know how to play football. People do this every year after the 40's.
Wow, talk about jumping to conclusions.... did you read the whole post outlining the team's needs? Guess not.

All I'm saying is that the #1 Dallas need per the PFW draft mag has been, is & continues to be safety, & the price of the #2-ranked guy just went through the roof.

40 times are largely irrelevant, but with WRs & DBs you have to look at them