Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-02-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morton View Post
Could the Cowboys be the team rumored to be after Oakland's #8 pick? And with that pick, might the Cowboys select one of the elite LTs like Bulaga, Okung, or Williams?
No. 8 is WAY WAY out of our range from #27. That's at least our 2nd rounder + some, and too much guaranteed money.

Charles Brown would be available much later if we wanted a LT still, and late teens early 20's is much easier to accomplish. That's probably our range, we don't even need a LT that bad.

Giving up #27 plus our 2nd is out of the question and no chance of happening.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 01:45 PM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I will miss Flozell...not so much Hamlin.
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:03 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Now Colombo's false starts wont go as unnoticed, since he will lead the team by far and Flo wont be there to bash anymore.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:19 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I think Free is going to have a chance to be the guy. Safety in the first is probably where they're going instead of getting an OT. I wouldn't be shocked if they took a tackle, but I don't think that's where their focus will be.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:21 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Color me confused. Why the love for Charles Brown. If we had a ZBS I'd be all over it but in our scheme he doesn't make a ton of sense. He isn't all that stout, while a solid pass protector running in his direction would be risky given his lack of leverage and ability to stand up to bull rushers. He is the prototypical pass-block first ZBS LT and probably Shanahans wet dream at the top of the 2nd.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 02:58 PM    (permalink
bluebonnet78
Rookie

bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.bluebonnet78 is a cocksman.

going to miss Flozell but it was going to happen at some point. Just hope we'll be okay with Free.

I also don't think this forces our hand on draft day for an offensive tackle in the early rounds. Jerry obviously feels Free can be our starter. But if Free flops at left tackle Jerry is going to take the heat for not addressing this properly.

If it wasn't already, Hamlin's loss means safety is a definite 1st or 2nd round selection. The coaches may like Ball and Hamlin, but whether either can be a playmaker at FS is unknown or unlikely.

we'll see...
bluebonnet78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:00 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

If we move up for 8 it's because Eric Berry is on the board not a LT imo. But maybe thats because I have my blinders on.

And yes Brown is a terrible fit for us...he is less stout than Free and Free is a bit small for a Houck line. People just see LT as a need and plug in a guy who has value at 27. We'd draft Ducasse over him I have no doubts.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2010, 03:11 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We're not moving to 8...but yeah, it'd be for Berry and only Berry, I'd imagine.

And Thule, I'll eat some delicious crow...I didnt see this Flozell cut coming. Playing the odds...it wasnt that likely, because (sound like a broken record.haha) Dallas is built to win now, a Super Bowl ready team, cutting Flo to start Free is a very bold move and fairly risky. I just didnt think it would happen this year. Factor in the OT talks/visits, I was beginning to think things didnt look to good for Free as the future LT. If the plan is to start him, they obviously have to be confident in him. That's not to say this may not come back and bite us in the ass. I sure as hell hope not.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-02-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:16 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm not worried about Free at LT one bit. He shut down Freeney in the preseason...ya I know I'm talking preseason...but Free has always looked good on the field. Then he went in against the most feared rusher in the playoffs and didn't give up a sack...(that goes on Witten which I still can't believe he let happen). Free came out NFL ready...was a workout warrior to a small extent...I don't think we'll notice a dropoff. He might not be as elite as Flozell was as a pass protector...I can't see him shutting down T. Cole the way Flozell has done his whole career. However I do think we'll see a decline in penalties from the position. In the end I think it comes out a wash.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-02-2010, 03:22 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

There was a time when Free looked awful. And his future was in question...he wasnt even the backup LT anymore. They opted to put Davis there instead.

Free's biggest problem is his strength. Many a time he was pushed back into Romo. He doesnt let anyone get around him too often but, is very susceptible to the bull rush. We gave him his fair share of help on the right side. If the guy could gain some real strength, he could be a stud. But it doesnt seem like he's gotten much stronger since getting in the league. I'm def. going to be worried for a while. We cant have him bumping into Romo, collapsing the pocket over and over.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-02-2010, 03:29 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
There was a time when Free looked awful. And his future was in question...he wasnt even the backup LT anymore. They opted to put Davis there instead.

Free's biggest problem is his strength. Many a time he was pushed back into Romo. He doesnt let anyone get around him too often but, is very susceptible to the bull rush. We gave him his fair share of help on the right side. If the guy could gain some real strength, he could be a stud. But it doesnt seem like he's gotten much stronger since getting in the league. I'm def. going to be worried for a while. We cant have him bumping into Romo, collapsing the pocket over and over.
Free was hurt and LD was the backup when McQ went down in TC. LD has never been above Free on the LT depth chart. Free was inactive when LD took a few snaps at LT in a game last year.

The thing about Free is. His workout numbers were big when he came out of college. He was known as a gym rat. I remember back in the hype thread I posted his bench and clean numbers and they were big numbers. So this is a classic case of weight lifting strength not translating to the football field. He isn't going to get much stronger. He's been in the league like 3-4 years now? He came out as a NFL ready prospect with a high floor and not a lot of ceiling. So I don't think we are going to see an improvement in that catagory...it'll have to be technique work with him to stop the bull rush because his body is maxed out imo.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-02-2010, 03:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
Free was hurt and LD was the backup when McQ went down in TC. LD has never been above Free on the LT depth chart. Free was inactive when LD took a few snaps at LT in a game last year.

The thing about Free is. His workout numbers were big when he came out of college. He was known as a gym rat. I remember back in the hype thread I posted his bench and clean numbers and they were big numbers. So this is a classic case of weight lifting strength not translating to the football field. He isn't going to get much stronger. He's been in the league like 3-4 years now? He came out as a NFL ready prospect with a high floor and not a lot of ceiling. So I don't think we are going to see an improvement in that catagory...it'll have to be technique work with him to stop the bull rush because his body is maxed out imo.
Free was not hurt if memory serves me. Pretty positive he was active as well because, commenators made note of it, I'm fairly certain. Flo went down and Davis came in. Davis had been seeing some more time at LT anyway because, Flo was out of camp for a while. Demarcus calling BIG a "true Left Tackle" during this span. The confidence in Free was waivering until Colombo went down and we were forced to play him at RT, where he played very well.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-02-2010 at 03:38 PM.
Old 04-02-2010, 03:41 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Hmmm I maybe mistaken. I could've sworn that Free was injured last year at some point...maybe it was TC that I'm thinking about and he tweaked something. When Flozell went down is it possible that Columbo had already went down and Free was at RT and McQ wasn't active? I very well could be in the wrong here but I thought something funky happened that caused LD to move out and Proctor to move in for those 2 plays.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-03-2010, 10:37 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Shed no tears for the loss of Flozell, I know I won't -- my 1st post on NFLDC was bitching about his false starts, I think he had one too many despite the big contract re-up 2 yrs ago.

Good ******* riddance, let him blow snap counts & draw yellow flags for some other unfortunate team.

O-line wise, so now we're (pun intended) ....

Free at last! Free at last! Good God Almighty, Free at last!

With Doug Free the new apple of Houck's eye & the general rule of thumb that it takes at least 2-3 yrs. to train an NFL LT in the same system, I think they will go safety in the 1st rd. & O-line depth in later rds.

And that means we're looking at Taylor Mays, as Berry is gong to be long gone & maybe Earl Thomas too -- he pulled a hamstring at the Texas Pro Day last wk. btw, IDK his prognosis. If Thomas is OK & available the media in the state of Texas will be all over them as usual to take him & let him compete with Ball for the starting job. That freakish 40 time Mays posted will loom large on draft day & maybe have some team in the mid-1st fall in love with him, that is if they forget about all those tackles he missed in the Pac 10 last yr. All those factors may be negligible as far as Dallas in concerned, maybe they can make do with him with positive lessons learned from current Bengals safety Roy Williams, & Mays is much faster than Roy ever was. The more I think about it the more I'm liking the Mays pick at 27 -- if they can teach Bobby Carpenter how to not miss tackles they can do the same for Mays.

Who could be the elite LT who drops? Bruce Campbell or Ducasse, & I prefer Campbell, another freakish (4.3) 40 time from the Combine & his excellent size & upper body strength.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:25 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Who could be the elite LT who drops? Bruce Campbell or Ducasse, & I prefer Campbell, another freakish (4.3) 40 time from the Combine & his excellent size & upper body strength.
I guarantee you that Bruce Campbell did not run a 4.3 at the Combine.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 11:36 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Our plan all along was to take Bruce at 27 and move him to WR. Not a secret anymore after that 4.3. :P

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-03-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Our plan all along was to take Bruce at 27 and move him to WR. Not a secret anymore after that 4.3. :P
hahhaahhaahahah!

Actually I thought he was gonna be the first OT to TE NFL conversion that we've seen. LOL!
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:15 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

He ran a 4.78 for the record

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-03-2010, 03:38 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Charles Brown? or are you guys officially putting Free at LT? I recall that Free was most of the reason for Garrette Wolfe's amazing NCAA yards rushing record approach (but fail).

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

You dont cut Flo, unless you're ready to go with Free. No chance of us starting a rookie at LT this year.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-03-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I don't think we'll draft a true OT in this draft. I have a feeling it'll be a Ducasse or a John Jerry type. Someone that could play if multiple injuries occurred but are ultimately being groomed for 2011 at LG. Ducasse has LT potential so I wouldn't be surprised to see us targeting him somewhere in the second round range. I don't see us being a convential team as far as OL goes. Our OG's are more than likely going to be our backup tackles this year. I'm sure we'll keep McQ but I don't think we'll have a true backup LT we'll go with a big boy in the draft to play inside and essentially backup LD who is our backup LT. I like Ducasse a lot...I touted him forever ago as our future LT. While I'm not sure I still buy that...I do think that he is a great fit for us. He has a really great story and I'm working on getting a story up on btd about him. Actually BOE is going to be writing it so I'll make sure to link it when it is up. He makes a ton of sense for what we are trying to do. Brewster as a backup OG/RT...and Ducasse as a backup OG/future starter/#3 LT. I am a firm believer that Ducasse can play the left side effectively in the NFL. But this is how I see it playing out if we draft him.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-03-2010, 06:24 PM    (permalink
BaLLiN
2014 Mock Draft Champion
All-Pro

BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.BaLLiN is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

thanks for the info, hope you guys dont get Dez Bryant :D

Sig by BK <3

Jerry Reese is sooo Dreamy <3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper's Rep Comment
I ****** hate you, stupid *** smd
Greatest. Rep. Comment. EVER! You're not 12 or anything.
Philadelphia, the city of brotherly love (:
BaLLiN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 10:55 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
He ran a 4.78 for the record
Yes his sub-4.4 time was initially misreported.

While we're converting maybe we can convert Martellus Bennett to RB to replace Felix Bennett resembled a drunk giraffe in those jump ball red zone passes last yr.

So, the OL looks like:

RT: Marc Colombo, Pat McQuistan
RG: Leonard Davis, Montrae Holland
C: Andre Gurode, Marc Spanos
LG: Kyle Kosier, Cory Proctor
LT: Doug Free, Whoever drafted in 3 wks.

Last edited by LizardState : 04-04-2010 at 11:29 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:05 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardState View Post
Yes his sub-4.4 time was initially misreported.

While we're converting maybe we can convert Martellus Bennett to RB to replace Felix Bennett resembled a drunk giraffe in those jump ball red zone passes last yr.

So, the OL looks like:

RT: Marc Colombo, Pat McQuistan
RG: Leonard Davis, Montrae Holland
C: Andre Gurode, Marc Spanos
LG: Kyle Kosier, Cory Proctor
LT: Doug Free, Whoever drafted in 3 wks.
No Robert Brewster?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
romo4prez415
Rookie

romo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hairromo4prez415 is so wise,  like a miniature Buddha covered with hair

Quote:
I don't think we'll draft a true OT in this draft. I have a feeling it'll be a Ducasse or a John Jerry type. Someone that could play if multiple injuries occurred but are ultimately being groomed for 2011 at LG. Ducasse has LT potential so I wouldn't be surprised to see us targeting him somewhere in the second round range. I don't see us being a convential team as far as OL goes. Our OG's are more than likely going to be our backup tackles this year. I'm sure we'll keep McQ but I don't think we'll have a true backup LT we'll go with a big boy in the draft to play inside and essentially backup LD who is our backup LT. I like Ducasse a lot...I touted him forever ago as our future LT. While I'm not sure I still buy that...I do think that he is a great fit for us. He has a really great story and I'm working on getting a story up on btd about him. Actually BOE is going to be writing it so I'll make sure to link it when it is up. He makes a ton of sense for what we are trying to do. Brewster as a backup OG/RT...and Ducasse as a backup OG/future starter/#3 LT. I am a firm believer that Ducasse can play the left side effectively in the NFL. But this is how I see it playing out if we draft him.
I agree with you on Ducasse. I think he's got the potential to end up being one of the top 3 tackles in this class behind Okung and Trent Williams. I think he's got a ton of ability and in the mean time could help out inside at guard immediately. I'd have no problem if we trade back and he's our first pick. I think we grab a guy like Ducasse, a center/guard type like JD Walton and a FS like Morgan Burnett or Nate Allen then everything else is just BPA.
romo4prez415 is offline   Reply With Quote