Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-04-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Montrae Holland isnt on the roster anymore...and Brewster should be backup Right Tackle. Assuming he stills play T, which I think will be the case.

And the backup center is Duke Preston.

We have a lot of depth to fill. I dont want a rookie swing T. So hopefully we fill that in FA.

LT Free
LG Kosier
C Gurode
RG Davis
RT Colombo

T/G Mcquistan
G/C Procter
C/G Preston
T/G Brewster

Depth is horrible.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 04-04-2010 at 01:43 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:35 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ugh, it's even worse to look at. I wouldn't be upset with 3 interior lineman picks late in the draft, we need to hit on one and hopefully find a future starter. Didn't we pick a few other scrubs on the line in the same draft as Free also?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 04:56 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Ugh, it's even worse to look at. I wouldn't be upset with 3 interior lineman picks late in the draft, we need to hit on one and hopefully find a future starter. Didn't we pick a few other scrubs on the line in the same draft as Free also?
It was just him and James Martin.

And I haven't been paying much attention to a lot of this stuff lately, but what's the word on the kicker situation?

Last edited by Paul : 04-04-2010 at 04:59 PM.
Paul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2010, 06:25 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

No word yet. Buehler may get a chance, he may not. They dont seem too high on him as a place kicker.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-04-2010, 06:43 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

We have a tie to the kicker from Texas. I still think we might try to peg him in the 6th.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:45 AM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default Hunter Lawrence

Hunter came up big in several games this past year for the Horns but he is no where near where Folk was coming out.

Leg Power - slightly below average
Accuracy - average
KO ability - ZERO
Clutch - above average

I don't think a rookie kicker will be the direction we need to go. If we do decide to use a pick on a kicker, it probably shouldn't be Lawrence.
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 11:54 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I'd be happy with Rackers, he just has some major post season problems though, which is scary.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 04-05-2010, 11:55 AM    (permalink
Go Cowboys
Pro Bowler

Location: Springfield, OH: Most Depressing City in the Country. Look it up
Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Go Cowboys is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Haven't been on here much lately, but i am not sure if anyone else is upset about the Cutting of Flo but I sure am. Yes, he is getting up there in age, he costs us plenty of yards, but let's be honest, if he hadn't been there how many more yards would we have lost. We struggled when he was hurt and pry will struggle a little more later on.

Hamlin didn't do a whole lot but still had the expierence, oh well we can address it in the draft. As for Flozell there is a major piece of our offense missing nowl Free was the groomed replacement but is he ready? Not sure we will know until that first game in the regular season.

Thanks to bonekrusher for the sig
Go Cowboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 12:46 PM    (permalink
UTPATS
Veteran

UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.UTPATS is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
I'd be happy with Rackers, he just has some major post season problems though, which is scary.
A rookie kicker could keep us from even getting to the post season...
UTPATS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 01:07 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTPATS View Post
Hunter came up big in several games this past year for the Horns but he is no where near where Folk was coming out.

Leg Power - slightly below average
Accuracy - average
KO ability - ZERO
Clutch - above average

I don't think a rookie kicker will be the direction we need to go. If we do decide to use a pick on a kicker, it probably shouldn't be Lawrence.
Rookie kicker (any) > Rackers

Leigh Tiffin or Brett Swenson > Hunter Lawrence
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
No word yet. Buehler may get a chance, he may not. They dont seem too high on him as a place kicker.
I've heard Wade mention that they would love for him to work out because it would save them a roster spot. I think he'll definitely give him the edge in any tie breakers.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any reason why we didn't sign Rackers? He's missed quite a few lately too, but it would just be competition, and it's not like that's probably not our most pressing need at this time.

We must have a back-up plan, because your not winning a SB without a reliable kicker, New Orleans would of had no chance without Hartley nailing those clutch kicks.

Quote:
Old 04-05-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Rackers is one of the most accurate kickers in the league...only behind Mare is % over the last 8 years or something. This would solve a huge need for us. We don't even have a guy on our roster who has attempted a NFL kick before...and one of the most accurate kickers is now on the market....makes a ton of sense to me.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-06-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Interesting article on our OL from last year. Overall very good, but our short yardage still needs work. Makes me wonder if we don't target a mauler for the interior OL instead of OT.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/...-the#storyjump

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 12:58 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Ok-riddle me this. Why am I praying for a signing of Darren Sharper? I know he is old and I know he gets beat some. But I think he would be a huge upgrade from what we had. Not sure what he would be asking, but if a one or two year deal could be had, I am in. Seems to me that he would capitalize with our pass rush.

If we could just sign an OT (just a guy, not a big name guy) and Darren Sharper I would say we are squared away. You could take a safety if Sharper can't keep up (I say he can), but the beauty of BPA is it seems like a safe bet, usually.

Is anyone else in on Darren Sharper? I have heard no talk about him, and I can't figure out why. If there are other circumstances I dont know about, please by all means tell me. But if it is just age and a lapse in coverage skills from time to time, I can live with that. Heck, we have been anyways. Right? The guy will come away with the ball some. And we don't get that near enough. Comments would be greatly appreciated on this question.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:02 AM    (permalink
TACKLE
All-NFLDC

TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TACKLE is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Obviously it depends on how the board plays out, but the Cowboys are not in a great position. Do you guys think that Nate Allen could be a legitimate possibility at #27?
Old 04-08-2010, 01:09 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would say yes- and get crucified for it. I like him a lot. One of my favs this year. But everyone else is gonna say it is too early. I am not arrogant enough to think that I am smarter than everyone else, so realistically he will not be picked that high (by everyone else's evaluations.) But I like him alot. A little high for a safety IMO, but if I really wanted him...he is so superior to Taylor Mays in my eyes that yes I would.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 01:41 AM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by TACKLE View Post
Obviously it depends on how the board plays out, but the Cowboys are not in a great position. Do you guys think that Nate Allen could be a legitimate possibility at #27?
Depends if you want to read through the smoke or not. But Jerry and Stephen have said we are in a position to go BPA regaurdless of the position outside of QB. If you believe that NO we won't reach on him. However if you wanna call their bluff than I think Allen makes sense. However I find it hard to believe we'd go Allen over Burnett.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-08-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
Is anyone else in on Darren Sharper? I have heard no talk about him, and I can't figure out why. If there are other circumstances I dont know about, please by all means tell me. But if it is just age and a lapse in coverage skills from time to time, I can live with that. Heck, we have been anyways. Right? The guy will come away with the ball some. And we don't get that near enough. Comments would be greatly appreciated on this question.
IIRC, the team wasn't interested when he came up in FA right before he signed with Minnesota. Doesn't make sense for the club to now all of a sudden be interested all these years later.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 03:25 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gimme Sharper... Let go Sensabaugh.
Old 04-08-2010, 07:23 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward
IIRC, the team wasn't interested when he came up in FA right before he signed with Minnesota. Doesn't make sense for the club to now all of a sudden be interested all these years later.
Because Turnovers are about the only thing this defence is lacking in and Sharper can definately contribute a great deal more then what we have currently.

I'm not really for or against the move for Sharper. I think the Cowboys would like to pick up a younger guy with the same type of ballhawk skills and groom him there. But there isn't exactly a plethora of them in the league so how can we be expected to draft one.

Sign Sharper but draft the top safety at #27 if he is BPA.
Old 04-08-2010, 09:57 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Gimme Sharper... Let go Sensabaugh.
Are you for real here?? Sensy was excellent in coverage and neutralized the TE almost every week. Sharper cannot cover TE's that way, he's a free lancer. They are a good fit together, but it would be 5 steps backward to sign Sharper and let Sensy go.

Quote:
Old 04-08-2010, 01:39 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Are you for real here?? Sensy was excellent in coverage and neutralized the TE almost every week. Sharper cannot cover TE's that way, he's a free lancer. They are a good fit together, but it would be 5 steps backward to sign Sharper and let Sensy go.
Sensy is overrated. He had some good play, but I feel that he still has more to prove to get the praise he already gets. He had some very Roy Williams-esque looking highlights this past season. While he some outstanding games, I didn't see the consistency.

You're right about them being 2 different types of Safeties though. Sharper is like Deion Sanders when it comes to tackling. lol.

Gimme a safety tandem of Sharper and Mays. MONEY!

Last edited by D-Unit : 04-08-2010 at 01:42 PM.
Old 04-08-2010, 02:25 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Sensy is overrated. He had some good play, but I feel that he still has more to prove to get the praise he already gets. He had some very Roy Williams-esque looking highlights this past season. While he some outstanding games, I didn't see the consistency.

You're right about them being 2 different types of Safeties though. Sharper is like Deion Sanders when it comes to tackling. lol.

Gimme a safety tandem of Sharper and Mays. MONEY!
The thing is that Sensy and Sharper play different positions. Now the safety position is pretty vague in the NFL nowadays however Sensy is the SS in our scheme. Sharper is a true FS. Sensy excels in man. Sharper excels in zone reading the QB. Why cut a player and sign a player who plays a different position. Cut Sensy....we just gave him a 2nd round tender...not saying he can't be cut...just saying it isn't happening until after TC if at all. And I don't forsee that happening as he is the best S on our roster.

Sharper looked worst than Roy Williams in man last year....he almost cost the Saints the Super Bowl. So I don't get all the love.

We didn't pursue him when he left GB...we didn't pursue him when he left MN....and we haven't been linked to him now. It's fun to talk about but it's a safe bet we aren't looking in that direction.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 04-08-2010, 02:28 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Everyone is saying Dallas is going WR b/c Jerry made some noises about the receivers invited to Vally Ranch this wk.

He spent a lot of facetime with Ohio U. WR Taylor Price, so everyone is saying Dallas will take him in the 2nd rd. Uhhhh, checking my PFT mag, he's the 26th-ranked WR in this draft. But if that 4.33 40 time listed is accurate (& it may well be an exaggeration), maybe that's the source of this new interest. Call me overlooking the obvious if I don't point out that Jerry loves to spread this horse manure around every April.

BTW the PFW mag says Price tends to body the ball, has no agility, doesnt catch with his hands, & runs awful routes. I think that translates as a project in the NFL & you don't draft projects in the 2nd rd.

Last edited by LizardState : 04-08-2010 at 02:31 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote