Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 04-29-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
I think part of the reason that he fell was that WR wasn't this huge need for a lot of teams. It was a need that some teams could/should use, but no one had a big glaring need for one outside of a few teams that had glaring needs everywhere.
If Cincy didn't land Antonio Bryant i don't think there was any chance he made it to NE's pick. Cincy doesn't give a damn about character and they need a future #1 guy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah Cincy probably would have gotten him. I'm sure Carson and Chad would have been pushing for the front office to take the guy.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 06:02 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Where did you hear that? You sure do like exclamation points eh?
Don't worry about where I heard it. I don't come in here telling stories.

As for exclamation points? Bad day
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 09:17 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I see on the Cowboys website that the rookies where given numbers.

Any chance the NFL let's Lee keep #45 for the season?
Old 04-30-2010, 12:45 PM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DMN saying Dez had a "Rough" first workout. He caught everything & made a spectacular catch.

Okay, he's not in the best of shape, but it's just the first workout!
Old 04-30-2010, 01:28 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
Don't worry about where I heard it. I don't come in here telling stories.

As for exclamation points? Bad day
It was about time for another ******* to join the forum, nice

Quote:
First-round pick Dez Bryant has reportedly "looked out of shape" at Cowboys rookie minicamp.
He's still making big-time plays, though. ESPN's Tim MacMahon points out that Bryant "has caught everything," and has looked "exciting" in punt return drills. Bryant also appeared to be out of shape at his Pro Day in late March. It's scary to think how good he'll be once his conditioning is in order.
Source: Tim MacMahon on Twitter

Good thing is he can work himself into the line-up, being out of shape isn't a huge concern since we aren't relying on him to start. Once that gets up to speed, he'll start to challenge for a starting roll.

This also via DMN:

Quote:
The Cowboys are close to wrapping up their first of two workouts today with the rookies, and Dez Bryant has struggled.

DEZBRYANT1_14023989.JPG

He's caught just about everything thrown his way, including a spectacular, one-handed grab with his left hand on a ball thrown on a comeback route. It looked like he stabbed his arm out to catch a nerf ball, not a football.

But after almost every route, Bryant has walked off to the side of the field to rest. After one play he took off his helmet, used it to prop himself up and bent down on one knee for nearly a minute. He would constantly take his helmet off and wipe his face with a towel during drills when the other rookies would not.

At one point, Wade Phillips said, "Come on, 88'' from the other side of the field.

Could make for a long second session.

Photo by Michael Ainsworth / DMN

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 04-30-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 04-30-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So I read the Boys think that Robert Brewster has the feet to play LT. They are planning to give him reps there. I could only guess that that will probably mean that he has a chance to be our swing tackle. I know some of you used to think that was a crazy thought for him to be a LT type. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Also read that Wade thinks Sean Lee can play either ILB position...Mike or Mo and that he's a 3 down player.

If all we get is Dez and Sean to become future starters, then this draft will be ok.
D-Unit is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So I read the Boys think that Robert Brewster has the feet to play LT. They are planning to give him reps there. I could only guess that that will probably mean that he has a chance to be our swing tackle. I know some of you used to think that was a crazy thought for him to be a LT type. It'll be interesting to see how this plays out.

Also read that Wade thinks Sean Lee can play either ILB position...Mike or Mo and that he's a 3 down player.

If all we get is Dez and Sean to become future starters, then this draft will be ok.

It would be a good sign for Brewster if he could do that, sucked he got hurt so damn early last year. Maybe we have something with him, it would be nice. We need a good back-up on the left and right so if he could do that it would help out a great deal.

Quote:
Old 04-30-2010, 05:59 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez being out of shape is somewhat understandable. He hasn't played football for a long time, so he'll need to get back in the swing of things to get his cardio back. Him making big plays is nice to hear though.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 07:36 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Yea you can't simulate football shape, so that isn't surprising at all. In all honestly if the WR battle is fair he could easily supplant Roy E by September if he continues to make plays all summer. Ray Sherman had some very high praise for him and he's coached some HOF WR's up to this point.

Their going to stay on him and ride his ass which is just what he needs, we'll be able to tell what type of progression there is from these, to OTA's, to TC in July.

Quote:
Old 04-30-2010, 09:15 PM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

[quote=LonghornsLegend;2157927]It was about time for another ******* to join the forum, nice

Been registered on this website since 2005! That's long enough to know who the ******** are on this forum.
Old 04-30-2010, 09:25 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=DallCowby1;2158532]
Quote:
It was about time for another ******* to join the forum, nice

Been registered on this website since 2005! That's long enough to know who the ******** are on this forum.
Dunit and Longhorn are big names around here, you are a dumbass!!

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2010, 11:06 PM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post

I know who they are! Am I supposed to be impressed? That's thrown out the window when one of them posted that Golden Tate would be a better WR than Dez Bryant! Flashbacks to the Bobby Carpenter campaign back in '06!

This is Scott Wright's Draft Countdown website. He is the only "BIG" name on here.

I'm here talking COWBOYS football again! The same people every year! You don't agee with the flow they have going. OR, bring something else to the table, it immediately get's tossed! Now with a new wrinkle, you get called names.

---------------------------
This is all because I stated that I had heard that Dallas tried to trade up into the 3rd rd.
Because I would not say from who I heard this info. I get tagged as an *******. Nice

Then I get docked Reputation points by Longhorn for being a jack*** (as he put it) & for not showing respect according to Frubulubu!

Everyone on here is friends according to Longhorn. Go back and look at my post leading up this one. Where am I out of line? I did not use language! I did not attack anyone.

Last edited by DallCowby1 : 05-01-2010 at 12:07 AM.
Old 05-01-2010, 12:06 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

[quote=frubulubu;2158542]
Quote:

hahahaha. that was funny in a cute way. thanks, but DC1 is right.

Keep on postin' the way you do DC1.
Old 05-01-2010, 01:17 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
I know who they are! Am I supposed to be impressed? That's thrown out the window when one of them posted that Golden Tate would be a better WR than Dez Bryant! Flashbacks to the Bobby Carpenter campaign back in '06!

This is Scott Wright's Draft Countdown website. He is the only "BIG" name on here.

I'm here talking COWBOYS football again! The same people every year! You don't agee with the flow they have going. OR, bring something else to the table, it immediately get's tossed! Now with a new wrinkle, you get called names.

---------------------------
This is all because I stated that I had heard that Dallas tried to trade up into the 3rd rd.
Because I would not say from who I heard this info. I get tagged as an *******. Nice

Then I get docked Reputation points by Longhorn for being a jack*** (as he put it) & for not showing respect according to Frubulubu!

Everyone on here is friends according to Longhorn. Go back and look at my post leading up this one. Where am I out of line? I did not use language! I did not attack anyone.

Longhorn can come off as a jerk sometimes lol
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:

Yep. Sounds like they are happy with where the OL is....I suppose you have to trust Hudson Houk here. I'm sure if he were not comfortable with where they are, JJ would go get some help.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:04 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Oh noezz I neg repped you let's go into an essay about how angry you are lol. Ward neg repped me like 10k points before because my well thought out opinion, disagreed with his, get over it. I didn't say anything about me being a big **** around here, or that you were a nobody, but let's not blow a load over being neg repped.

Quote:
Old 05-03-2010, 03:06 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Quote:
Oh noezz I neg repped you let's go into an essay about how angry you are lol. Ward neg repped me like 10k points before because my well thought out opinion, disagreed with his, get over it. I didn't say anything about me being a big **** around here, or that you were a nobody, but let's not blow a load over being neg repped.
Ward negged you 10K??? LMAO.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
You're making fun of a guy for blowing up over getting neg repped... but you didn't seem too happy about when I did it to you. Why is the Cowboys forum 99% personal drama now?
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 03:39 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
You're making fun of a guy for blowing up over getting neg repped... but you didn't seem too happy about when I did it to you. Why is the Cowboys forum 99% personal drama now?
Lol I never had a problem with you neg repping me, the problem came from me calling out Bob when we were having that debate on this forum and that was what I was addressing. You neg repped me alot more then I did to him and it was on a post you simply didn't agree with, which is why I said you were holding a grudge for some reason when it came to Bob.

I neg repped him because I was just curious where he found some info, aren't we supposed to link to stuff here anyway? I was just curious because it was interesting, so yea I said his comment "don't worry about where I got the info from" was a ******* comment that I neg repped him for. There wasn't really any drama involved with that, and if I had the power that you used to be able to neg rep people so much he would of really been pissed lol.

That's not the 1st time I neg repped someone before, but I never neg repped someone for having an opinion that they stated in a good manner and I didn't agree with, which is what happened with me and you. I think it was in regards to TCU not being as good as Texas, the same TCU who Boise St. ran through.

He just told me to don't worry about where he got his info from, those are two different situations.

Quote:

Last edited by LonghornsLegend : 05-03-2010 at 03:43 PM.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:43 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

Cowboys forum is 99% personal drama yesterday, today and tomorrow. This ain't anything new.

BTW, what's that avy about? I'm curious... :)
Old 05-03-2010, 03:51 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Deleted. Not worth the trouble

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468

Last edited by pocketaces : 05-03-2010 at 04:33 PM.
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 04:13 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Has anyone checked out profootballfocus ratings over at BTB's? If you havent here are some links, its pretty good info.

http://www.bloggingtheboys.com/2010/...boys#storyjump

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2010, 08:31 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Cowboys forum is 99% personal drama yesterday, today and tomorrow. This ain't anything new.

BTW, what's that avy about? I'm curious... :)
Alex Grey, do a google image search. A couple of his pieces may be NSFW, but only a couple.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:35 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Quote:
Originally Posted by pocketaces View Post
Has anyone checked out profootballfocus ratings over at BTB's? If you havent here are some links, its pretty good info.

Very interesting numbers if only for the reason that it seems like the grading must line up with what the coaching staff sees as well. They rank Flo, Hamlin, RW, and Crayton as weak links of the team according metrics, and what do you know the team does too.