Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-10-2010, 11:48 PM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Reading about Barron and what he brings to the table. The quote that Barron plays down to his opponents talent level (i.e. who he lines up against) was interesting.
Noted that he was benched in week 4 for a penalty. Then to come back in week 5 and shut down Vikings DE, Jared Allen by just allowing 2 tackles.

Just that alone is intriguing.

It will be interesting to see what Hudson Houck can do with Barron.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:15 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I wonder if Barron remembers this. lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I watched Barron really dick the dog in the last 2 games vs the 9ers, but in fairness I have to say the whole Rams team looked like they were just phoning it in. They were severely demoralized & played like they couldn't wait for the game or the season to be over.

A new team with a winning rcd. & a future in the playoffs + some better position coaching could turn him around, I sure hope so.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 04:25 PM    (permalink
RGVBadBoy
Rookie

RGVBadBoy hopes to escalate quickly but not get out of hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
Barron is also better than Sam Young. I really think Sam Young has a big hill to climb if he ever plans on being a quality NFL player. Heck, UDFA Mike Tepper could beat him out and I wouldn't be shocked at all.
I don't think it'll be the case by the end of the season, I think Young will transform himself into a quality RT or G, more than likely RT. Barron has all the potential in the world, but if he plays like he did in St Louis, mark my words, Young will steal a starting spot by seasons end.
RGVBadBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 05:12 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallCowby1 View Post
It will be interesting to see what Hudson Houck can do with Barron.
He has worked marvels with everyone else (sarc).

To me, he is over-rated. Want a real OL coach -- get Callahan from the Jets.
herniateddisc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2010, 10:00 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Barron could be the next Winston Justice, now that hes in the NFC East. I simply dont know if its the one that got demolished by Osi or the one that bounce back.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:03 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

There is talk that Shaun Ellis might get released. Do you think the Cowboys go after him, or do they stay content with what they have at DE?

Old 05-15-2010, 12:33 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RGVBadBoy View Post
I don't think it'll be the case by the end of the season, I think Young will transform himself into a quality RT or G, more than likely RT. Barron has all the potential in the world, but if he plays like he did in St Louis, mark my words, Young will steal a starting spot by seasons end.
Lol wut?

Whose starting spot will he steal as a rookie? I'm not even sure what's being said here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 12:35 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I dont think Dallas should go after the older DE, when they have younger ends that need to be developed.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 05-15-2010, 12:42 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

I guess they really have faith in the Bowen, Spears, and Hatcher combo if they don't go after a vet. Maybe they really like Lissemore and Dixon too. I guess youth will prevail here.

Old 05-15-2010, 01:12 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Bowen more then Shaun Ellis right now, and Bowen is already a back-up who doesn't play enough, Bowen needs to start over Spears which may happen. That leaves us with 3 solid guys and no place for Ellis either, we would of probably cut him if he were on our team too.

It's not like he'll be the league minimum, and I don't see him getting many snaps outside of the top 3. Our best bet is Atogwe getting released and hoping we have enough money to make that happen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2010, 08:07 PM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.herniateddisc is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crayton for Deuce Lutui?
Old 05-16-2010, 08:08 PM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Crayton for Deuce Lutui?
Why would Arizona take that?
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 01:52 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crayton for Atogwe... Maybe some additional pieces
Old 05-17-2010, 04:34 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shane_man View Post
Crayton for Atogwe... Maybe some additional pieces
Why would the Rams do that? I know they could use help at WR but Crayton's a slot receiver and last year's 2nd round pick Donnie Avery is a slot receiver. Honestly I think their receiving corps is pretty solid with Avery and Mardy fillingh the slot and #2 spot. What they really need is a #1 receiver and I expect them to just wait until next year's draft to grab one of those studs that'll be coming out. Once that happens there offense will be pretty loaded with a very good OL, a good trio of young WRs, a franchise QB and one of the very best RBs in the league. There D still needs a lot of work so if you wanted to trade them a Defensive Lineman or a pick for Atogwe I could see that. But Crayton just doesn't make any sense.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 06:48 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.shane_man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Why would the Rams do that? I know they could use help at WR but Crayton's a slot receiver and last year's 2nd round pick Donnie Avery is a slot receiver. Honestly I think their receiving corps is pretty solid with Avery and Mardy fillingh the slot and #2 spot. What they really need is a #1 receiver and I expect them to just wait until next year's draft to grab one of those studs that'll be coming out. Once that happens there offense will be pretty loaded with a very good OL, a good trio of young WRs, a franchise QB and one of the very best RBs in the league. There D still needs a lot of work so if you wanted to trade them a Defensive Lineman or a pick for Atogwe I could see that. But Crayton just doesn't make any sense.
They have holes everywhere. They aren't going to keep Atogwe long-term. Trading for Crayton gives them something when in a year they could have nothing. Even if we gave them Crayton and a 5th... It's a good deal for us. We move a player who doesn't want to be here. And we basically trade a 5th for a player valued at an early second only a month or two ago.
Old 05-17-2010, 07:32 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

The Rams have holes at many positions, and will look to improve. Dont look for the Rams to simply poop can Atogwe for anything that is handed to them. When its all said and done, Atogwe will be traded for a player of equal talent or good draft pick.

Sig by Bone Krusher
Old 05-17-2010, 08:06 AM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
The Rams have holes at many positions, and will look to improve. Dont look for the Rams to simply poop can Atogwe for anything that is handed to them. When its all said and done, Atogwe will be traded for a player of equal talent or good draft pick.
Depends totally on if the Rams are willing to pay him. Why make any offer until June 1st when they either have to pay him $7mil+ or release him. If they want compensation and aren't willing to pay him then moving him under value could happen (granted not be ANOTHER slot receiver).

Considering the reluctance of the Rams to even tender him at a reasonable level and pay him the $7mil+ I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him traded in late May... Supposedly the Rams are going to meet with his reps near the end of the month.

But unless the Rams sign him for 7mil+ and have a team trading after June 1st I wouldn't count on them getting commensurate value. Him coming off the IR doesn't help them either.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:20 AM    (permalink
Rosebud
All-NFLDC

Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Rosebud is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atogwe's probably gone from St. Louis, but why the hell would they take Crayton for him when they could try and get a pick or just cut him instead of getting a whiny slot guy who'll only screw with the development of their past two picks at WR. They have zero need for Crayton.

BK

Quote:
Originally Posted by AcheTen View Post
JPP is a better and more productive player than Brandon Graham
Quote:
Originally Posted by abaddon41_80 View Post
Is Shaun Hill a top 10 QB? Definitely not. Is he a top 20 one? Almost certainly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JBCX View Post
Most misleading 10+ sack season EVER.
Rosebud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:28 AM    (permalink
herniateddisc
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sniper View Post
Why would Arizona take that?
Cuz they have too many guards and Lutui is not loved by the HC.
Old 05-17-2010, 08:33 AM    (permalink
Sniper
Legend

Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Sniper is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by herniateddisc View Post
Cuz they have too many guards and Lutui is not loved by the HC.
Crayton wouldn't really add anything to Arizona, though. Breaston is better than Crayton is and does everything that Crayton can.
Sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 08:43 AM    (permalink
shane_man
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosebud
Atogwe's probably gone from St. Louis, but why the hell would they take Crayton for him when they could try and get a pick or just cut him instead of getting a whiny slot guy who'll only screw with the development of their past two picks at WR. They have zero need for Crayton.
To be honest. Anyone sitting there and telling me that a team that went 1-15 can afford to pass up ANY player has to be having a laugh.

If Atogwe is definately gone then we have a trade piece for them and from a personal standpoint. I would be willing to sweeten the deal with a draft pick to boot.

But you can't honestly tell me that the worst side in football would be willing to pass up ANYONE who would be a visible upgrade over what they have(even if it is depth). It's a "win now" league. Not a "win some time in the future... hopefully" league.

Plus Crayton has proven to be reasonably valuable as a PR in the league.
Old 05-17-2010, 11:22 AM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crayton is worthless around the league. Cowboys fans have to realize that.

You gotta give something to get something. I would do it for next year's 2nd rounder.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:12 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Happy to see Proctor cut.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 03:31 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

About damn time, right? haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote