Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 05-20-2010, 04:29 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

That surgery def. ruined his career. I dont think he just naturally lost it. Granted, kickers can be head cases, but he was an elite kicker before that surgery.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoodooMonkey
Hey guys, I'm GM'ing the Cowboys in the 2011 forum mock we're doing and it's a 3 rounder. I just came in here to get some of your opinions on what you anticipate the teams top needs will be going into the next offseason.

D-Unit: S, DE, CB, C.
Fixed it. D was maybe reffing the high mileage on Davis requiring replacement, I thought of moving Gurode back to his original position.

I agree with those needs.

Add a WR if Crayton goes away & when Williams is adios unless he turns his whole career around.

Some mock picks for VM in TN:

Safety -- Tyler Sash, Iowa (Jr*). Love that name.
DE -- A) Marcel Dareus, Bama. Homer pick for a top 10-15 player, would have to trade up. Or B) DaQuan Bowers, Clemson
CB -- Pat Peterson, LSU * I think it's Newman's job to lose, it could happen but Jenkins is a younger cheaper keeper. Peterson is a fast riser for 2011, Matt Moore has him #1 among DBs
C -- Stefan Wisniewski, Penn St. Time to draft a pure center. Weighs 304. Seriously though, if they're as high on Travis Bright as I think they are, he'll be promoted in 2-3 yrs.
WR -- Greene from UGA but requires trading up. I think the Cowboys are stuck with Crayton anyway

Last edited by LizardState : 05-20-2010 at 06:06 PM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:13 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

"Center of attention: With the release of Cory Proctor and Duke Preston, the Cowboys did a little shuffling on their offensive line. Kyle Kosier, the teamís starting left guard, worked with the second-team offensive line at center. Phillips said after practice that Kosier has some experience at center, having started some games there with the San Francisco 49ers early in his career, and that his ability to play center would allow the Cowboys to carry backup guard Montrae Holland on its active roster. Holland was inactive every week last season."

Kosier would have been relieving Jeremy Newberry way back there, Newberry had that C job in SF for umpteen yrs then retired as a Raider, replaced by Eric Heitmann who was their OL swingman & now out of position IMO, but Heitmann's been a 9er his whole career, a local pick as an UDFA from Stanford. Isn't Kosier about 50 yrs old? High mileage player, lol.

Be grateful they can carry the veteran Holland who might well be needed, Davis is another high mileage player & Gurode hasnt got many yrs left
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2010, 05:23 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Kosier is probably about 31, I dont have the date in front of me. He doesnt have a whole lot of mileage, either. He's always been solid for us, and he was damn good last year.

As for Gurode. He's just fine at C. The guy was a C/G in college and he struggled at G when we had him there when he was younger. He didnt really take off until he beat out Al Johnson at C. There was a time when it looked like he wouldnt amount to much but, his career really took a positive turn, when we moved him back to C.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-20-2010, 08:57 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gurode is a good run blocking C, but his pass blocking leaves something to be desired. I agree with moth that moving to OG is a bad idea.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 03:26 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It looks like the Dolphins have signed Cory Procter. Noticed you guys say he sucks but what Im curious about is how was he playing when Sparano was coaching him up?

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 07:35 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Mediocre. He's not any good, he can just play multiple positions. For whatever reason, the coaches have always been high on him, but you could never tell why when he actually saw the field. He just wasnt any good.

As for something else...Dallas is also trying to pawn Crayton on you guys. Hurd may be a Cowboy yet. haha.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 05-24-2010, 08:26 PM    (permalink
Da-Phins
Veteran

Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Da-Phins is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Mediocre. He's not any good, he can just play multiple positions. For whatever reason, the coaches have always been high on him, but you could never tell why when he actually saw the field. He just wasnt any good.

As for something else...Dallas is also trying to pawn Crayton on you guys. Hurd may be a Cowboy yet. haha.
Yeah thats not gonna happen. We already have our slot guy in Bess. He's better and cheaper then Crayton.

Props to fenikz on the awesome sig
Da-Phins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da-Phins View Post
Yeah thats not gonna happen. We already have our slot guy in Bess. He's better and cheaper then Crayton.
Yea I don't see that happening. Bess can literally do everything Crayton can do with more explosiveness and a cheaper contract, it would make no sense for them to want him.

As much as we probably are trying, we aren't going to trade Crayton or Hurd. Reggie Brown was traded for a 6th round pick to the most WR needy team in the league and at least he had one season of 800 yards and 8 TD's to go off of. I'd rather just keep Crayton vs a 7th rounder if it came down to it even if he doesn't play that much.

And I'm sure Hurd is upset he doesn't play more and wants to start so I understand that, but there are alot better players then him in the NFL who don't get to play. He is a very solid WR but he just has to wait to get his chance to play.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 12:55 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I like Oggletree a lot. I think he's a player. I think your starting 3 should be Miles, Dez, and Oggletree.

I know that won't happen with Roy still on the team, but thats your most dangerous 3 WR set in my eyes.

Oggletree should be your starting slot WR.
Old 05-25-2010, 03:07 PM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I agree with BBD.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 05:00 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
I like Oggletree a lot. I think he's a player. I think your starting 3 should be Miles, Dez, and Oggletree.

I know that won't happen with Roy still on the team, but thats your most dangerous 3 WR set in my eyes.

Oggletree should be your starting slot WR.
This has been my exact argument ever since January, it'll be that way sooner then later.

Quote:
Old 05-26-2010, 08:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Orlando Scandrick shattered his index finger, he'll be out 4-8 weeks.

I had always wanted to take a corner before we took Wall, because I doubt Newman plays every game and we all know that a few injuries to our CB's changes how we play defense.

Quote:
Old 05-27-2010, 05:30 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

When I first heard of Scandrick's injury I feared he was out for longer. I thought it was an ACL tear or something that would put him out for a year. I'm not glad that he got hurt, but the injury should be something he comes back from in time that it doesn't hurt the team too much.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 03:21 PM    (permalink
thenewfeature06
Pro Bowler

thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thenewfeature06 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Crayton has asked for a release from Dallas, claiming they are messing with peoples lives and careers..
Go Amare.

Orioles - Raiders - UNC - Nuggets/Wizards
thenewfeature06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

^Hahahahaha

I'm a big Crayton backer, but it's not that serious. lol

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:58 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
^Hahahahaha
That was my reaction when I read about it

**** Patty, your nobody special. I won't act like I'm not grateful for what he came in and did as a 7th round pick former QB, and I'm sure the Cowboys are too, but what does he think this is, kindergarten? So we'll just release you outright if we don't think you'll play enough to be nice? Lol.

He's not even this good to be crying like that, but oh well, I'll be so damn happy when him and Carpenter is gone, now who will ESPN run to when they need a story lol.

Quote:
Old 06-01-2010, 11:24 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Does anyone know if we can realistically afford Atogwe if he's released? Not sure of our cap situation, but his contract is likely to be in the ball park of what Antrell Rolle got, so I'm not sure if releasing Flo put is in the range of picking him up or not.

Quote:
Old 06-01-2010, 04:48 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Think about it like this. We woulda have been able to be under the cap with Hamlin...OJ's deal should be less this year than Hamlins was so I don't think money is an issue.

Also just incase you are wondering if we are interested.

Quote:
Dallas, Miami, and Jacksonville are all reportedly interested in Atogwe
http://www.toastedrav.com/post/47876...ears_on_atogwe

roto world also thinks we are in the running with the same teams. Tonight at midnight he officially becomes a free agent. This was one of my offseason predictions....We knew we weren't going to make a offer to get STL off the hook...so this date has been penciled in on the cowboys calendar since april 15th. I have very high hopes that OJ is a cowboy this year.

Designs by me
Quote:
[00:37] <toonster> i mean, i can talk dirty
thule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 07:33 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

We also haven't went after anyone else at all in FA, that's also a good point about where we would be with Hamlin's deal Thule I didn't think about that.

I just don't want to sign him for too long. I really like AOA as a starter after maybe 2 years, no need to rush him, but if you look at the rate Atogwe is a turnover machine at FS it makes you giddy.

I think he's racked up more turnovers the past 3 years more then any other safety in the NFL, including Ed Reed and Polamalu, and with the way Jerry had played mind games about answering questions about FA makes me think he had something like this in mind.

I just can't really believe they would let him walk without compensation, what is hurting signing him to a 1 year tender? I don't get it, but if it's gotten this far, looks like he's as good as gone. I am just waiting it out to see how it plays out now, I think Ball is ok but Atogwe is a huge upgrade and should make us a much better team short term.

Quote:
Old 06-01-2010, 11:01 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.thule is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
We also haven't went after anyone else at all in FA, that's also a good point about where we would be with Hamlin's deal Thule I didn't think about that.

I just don't want to sign him for too long. I really like AOA as a starter after maybe 2 years, no need to rush him, but if you look at the rate Atogwe is a turnover machine at FS it makes you giddy.

I think he's racked up more turnovers the past 3 years more then any other safety in the NFL, including Ed Reed and Polamalu, and with the way Jerry had played mind games about answering questions about FA makes me think he had something like this in mind.

I just can't really believe they would let him walk without compensation, what is hurting signing him to a 1 year tender? I don't get it, but if it's gotten this far, looks like he's as good as gone. I am just waiting it out to see how it plays out now, I think Ball is ok but Atogwe is a huge upgrade and should make us a much better team short term.
The Rams literally have 0 leverage over him. They don't want to pay him 110% of his salary from last year because that is close to 9 million I believe. They offered him the lowest tender hoping that a team would bite and they could get him for less. Noone bit and now they are screwed. They won't pay him that much money and he has no reason to sign for the lowest tender because in 1 hour he will have teams offering him what he wants. STL could still be a player...but they haven't inc'd out a long term deal yet...so I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the teams mentioned above finish it up in the next couple of days.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 06-01-2010, 11:03 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

More sources pointing towards us.

Adam Schefter tweeted
Quote:
Rams S O.J. Atogwe scheduled to become a free agent at midnight. Could stay in St. Louis but Miami, Dallas, Minnesota might be interested.

Designs by me
Quote:
Old 06-01-2010, 11:47 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by thule View Post
More sources pointing towards us.

Adam Schefter tweeted
Jerry will FAIL if he's not a Cowboy.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 09:05 AM    (permalink
Macarthur
Pro Bowler

Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Macarthur is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It would be great if we could land him.

If we do land him, I wonder if JJ might hold off on the long term deal for Sensy. Give AOA a year to learn and then Atogwe and AOA are the starters beginning in 2011.

-Douglas MacArthur
Macarthur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 12:50 PM    (permalink
thule
Team Leader
All-NFLDC

I definitely don't think we will give him Rolle money. I don't really think we want to do that. I think we like him and would love to bring him in. But Jerry isn't ready to get burned. If he's willing to sign a respectable deal I don't see why we wouldn't bring him in. But we will not overpay for him. His market is pretty small right now from the sound of it. Few teams have already piped up saying they aren't interested....Miami and SF are two off the top of my head.

Designs by me
Quote: