Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 06-02-2010, 12:53 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You can cross off the name of Oshiomogho Atogwe in terms of the Cowboys' interest.

"I'm ready to go into our season with the safeties we have," owner and general manager Jerry Jones said.

That means Alan Ball and Mike Hamlin will be the starter opening day barring injury. Atogwe became a free agent last night after he was unable to reach a deal with St. Louis.

Jones also said he is not worried about the cornerback depth.

Per DMN

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 02:17 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I hope it's just a smoke screen by Jerry. Atogwe gives them better experience than Ball or Hamlin. Sensy says that Hamlin is a real diamond in the rough, but his and Ball's inexperience could be a real hole that may get exploited.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2010, 10:34 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where do you see him landing? From what I heard Detroit, Miami and Philly all were in the mix.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:06 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubulubu View Post
Where do you see him landing? From what I heard Detroit, Miami and Philly all were in the mix.
Well at his asking price no-where. If he lowers it best chance is back with the Rams. After that I'd say everyone mentioned is in possibly the Cowboys since while JJ implied no he didn't exactly cross his name off the list so to speak :)

Don't have a link but from all indications he's asking for 'Rolle money' which coming off IR isn't going to happen.
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
Trogdor
Pro Bowler

Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Trogdor is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

He wants top FS money. No one will pay him that. Provided Dallas can either sign on him a Hamlin like situation (1 yr at a 'good' salary) and then follow it up with a bigger deal or let him walk if his demands are too much. Anything more than a 3 year deal I will be upset with since I see AoA as being ready after 2-3 seasons.

As far as the reports we are "not interested" :roll: Since when do you turn away a legitimate player at a position without a clear starter? I doubt he gets signed for another week or two by anyone as he is making it clear he is a top tier FS that deserves to be paid. I imagine he'll be more interested in a one year deal to prove his injury is fully healed and he is still a top tier talent so that he can hit major money next year rather than signing a mid-level multi-year deal.

Although if he lowers his demands we are going to have a lot of competition (Lions, Phins, Rams, perhaps more). Although perhaps the decent chance of coming away from it with a nice shiny SB ring might tilt the scale in our favor. :-D
Trogdor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 04:07 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roughrider30 View Post
ya no big deal. I wouldn't expect you to know that. Thanks for the neg rep though haha.
I'll pos rep you soon as I can rep you again. But from an outsider looked like you were just started a flame war in our team thread, I had never noticed you post here before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trogdor View Post
As far as the reports we are "not interested" :roll: Since when do you turn away a legitimate player at a position without a clear starter? I doubt he gets signed for another week or two by anyone as he is making it clear he is a top tier FS that deserves to be paid. I imagine he'll be more interested in a one year deal to prove his injury is fully healed and he is still a top tier talent so that he can hit major money next year rather than signing a mid-level multi-year deal.

Although if he lowers his demands we are going to have a lot of competition (Lions, Phins, Rams, perhaps more). Although perhaps the decent chance of coming away from it with a nice shiny SB ring might tilt the scale in our favor. :-D

I agree, but usually Jerry doesn't hide interest. I was surprised to hear him say were going into the season with our safeties, but it looks legit. We must like Mike Hamlin, and from what I remember about him he was making plays all over the secondary on balls in the air before he got hurt. He could be a diamond in the rough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 AM    (permalink
leroyisgod
Pro Bowler

leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.leroyisgod is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I apologize if this has been discussed, but I've been a little absent from this board lately. Any news on Deon Anderson and that gun charge from early on in the offseason?
leroyisgod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 01:51 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Well, no Atogwe is certain now that he's back with the Rams. Looks like Ball and Hamlin are going to really get tested this season. It makes me a little nervous.

Old 06-24-2010, 05:24 PM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Well, no Atogwe is certain now that he's back with the Rams. Looks like Ball and Hamlin are going to really get tested this season. It makes me a little nervous.
This is why I believe we're going to fall short of the SB. I think regular season success is a given at this point, but if we meet a team like New Orleans, Minnesota, or Green Bay in the playoffs I can see us getting torched. 1st round bye is a must, if only for the extra prep time.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 02:31 PM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ward View Post
This is why I believe we're going to fall short of the SB. I think regular season success is a given at this point, but if we meet a team like New Orleans, Minnesota, or Green Bay in the playoffs I can see us getting torched. 1st round bye is a must, if only for the extra prep time.
Ward's right, still a glaring hole at either (both?) safety spots.

Hold out for Deunta Williams from UNC next April? If Dallas finishes as high as the consensus here seems to think, 1st rd. of playoffs at least, & Williams is as good as I think, ammunition for a tradeup will be required.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2010, 08:46 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

The thing that worries me about Ball is how he likes to go for hits instead of the ball. He got a couple of penalties with that last year, and both that I can remember happened while the defense successfully completed third and long.

Old 06-26-2010, 07:22 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Atogwe is a risk and luxury for a desperate team. I agree with the sentiment about him wanting to get paid and not deserving such money. Dallas should stick with its young safties.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:31 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

So Miles Austin is dating Kim Kardashian, eh? The Smoothness continues...
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2010, 06:33 PM    (permalink
bigbluedefense
Team Leader
Legend

bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.bigbluedefense is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
So Miles Austin is dating Kim Kardashian, eh? The Smoothness continues...
I dunno bro. Kim is showing her mileage these days...

I'd still hit it like no one's business, I'm just sayin...
Old 07-17-2010, 08:56 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Saw this today and it made me realize how excited i'm going to be watching this guy blow up this season.

Last edited by thule : 07-18-2010 at 11:41 AM.
TheFinisher is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 06:41 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I would destroy Kim Kardashian...just saying. lol. Good going Miles.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 05:08 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Where the **** is everyone? We have one of the most active forums, yet it's been completely dead since the draft, and there are a number of teams that have been very active since that point.

How does anyone feel about Brent-Price? We got him for a 7th, and he might be that true NT that we have all been waiting for, dude has some serious potential and doesn't cost anything at all.

Quote:
Old 07-18-2010, 08:03 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Where the **** is everyone? We have one of the most active forums, yet it's been completely dead since the draft, and there are a number of teams that have been very active since that point.

How does anyone feel about Brent-Price? We got him for a 7th, and he might be that true NT that we have all been waiting for, dude has some serious potential and doesn't cost anything at all.
I think we've been spoiled with big story lines going into each of the past few years:

'09: Romo-friendly offense, no more T.O., Pacman, Tank, Roy Williams (S)
'08: NFC Favorite, Hard Knocks
'07: Wade and Romo coming back from the Seattle Slip

Personally, the NBA FA goings on have been more interesting so far than the Cowboys. That'll change in August as preseason gets closer.
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2010, 10:18 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post

It might be because we don't have anything to ***** about. The offseason also wasn't too active either besides cutting Hamlin and Flozell. Beyond that it seems everyone is probably content with what they have since part of progress is staying consistent. Outside of not getting a veteran safety like Atogwe, things have been really quiet in Cowboy land. Maybe that's a good thing.

Old 07-18-2010, 10:50 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

You guys are right, I'm just not used to this thread being really slow and other team forums being highly active, I think the Niners team board has had numerous pages since draft day. Oh well, Training Camp starts in a few weeks.

Quote:
Old 07-19-2010, 01:35 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

We can start early predictions. I do remember redicting an 11-5 record last year with a playoff win. *brushes off shoulder*

Of course I did predict Roy Williams having a Pro Bowl year too, but we can all forget that I said that. lol

Old 07-21-2010, 02:55 PM    (permalink
Modano
Veteran

Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Modano is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey guys, I came back from Africa just recently so I missed almost everything about the Cowboys. The few things I know is that we got Dez Bryant and got rid of Flozell and Hamlin. So what's new in cowboysland?

In Bob We Trust

John Madden's wedding video business

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ddPHJWkPvU
Modano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2010, 03:54 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Any Survivor fans? Did y'all see where Jimmy Johnson is on the show this year? Whats he gonna do about his hair haha

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:50 AM    (permalink
DallCowby1
Rookie

DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.DallCowby1 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Surprised that the Cowboys used a (2011) 7th rd pick on Josh Brent. Heard that they were not interested in anyone that was available.

I would think he has a legit shot at making the team or they would not have drafted the kid. Reading up on the prospects the morning of the Supplemental Draft the Sporting News had Brent rated as a 3-4 rd. pick.

He's way behind everyone else who has gone through the off-season program. I guess it says what they think of Junior Siiavi. Looking for more talent behind Ratliff. Brent will be someone I'll be keeping an eye on when camp starts on Saturday.

I hope he can surprise us by holding his own and improving everday.
DallCowby1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 01:49 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hopefully he or Lissemore can grab a spot...but it's more likely that they land on the PS.

A little over two weeks until our first game! I hope we play the hell out of Sam Hurd. lol. Lord knows we wont see him playing much WR in the regular season, if he does indeed make the team. Let him play, maybe entice a team to spend a late rounder. Or...let him destroy Roy Williams in comparison, so we can cut that dead weight loose. hahaha. Oh I cant wait...I just hate that we have 5 preseaso games. I always get nervous that we'll see some pointless injuries.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-22-2010 at 01:51 PM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote