Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-22-2010, 03:42 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brandon Williams is getting a bit of hype. We'll find out in five games how far he's come along since that injury. It's a reason to watch the preseason. Of course 5 games does have me a little on edge about injuries. Hopefully the guys are in good shape.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 06:07 PM    (permalink
pocketaces
Pro Bowler

pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.pocketaces is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great news, DMN is reporting Dez has agreed to a deal, no word on the details yet but atleast we know there will be no holdout.

The greastest team of all time...The OKLAHOMA SOONERS!!! http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3849468
pocketaces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2010, 10:39 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dallas Cowboys agreed to terms with Dez Bryant on Thursday, making the receiver the first of this year's NFL first-round picks with a deal.

Bryant's five-year deal could be worth roughly $12 million total and includes more than $8.5 million in guaranteed money, NFL Network insider Jason La Canfora reported, citing a league source.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d...eyear-contract
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 12:48 PM    (permalink
Mr. Goosemahn
All-Pro

Location: Crushed Anthony Thomas hopes and broken Mark Herlizch dreams...
Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Mr. Goosemahn is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

You guys agreed to terms with Sean Lee.

All your rookies are signed now.

http://sports.espn.go.com/dallas/nfl...ory?id=5404259

Props to clover_jeez!
Mr. Goosemahn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 04:14 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I didn't think Lee would take much longer, they want him to take alot of 1st team reps and rest Brooking to keep him fresh.

I just hope AOA is healthy, it'll be a red-shirt year for FS but I think he's easily our best KR, and with Dez doing PR this year I was excited to see the return units. I definately wouldn't put Dez on kickoffs, but AOA looks pretty dynamic in that dept.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2010, 10:25 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

It's good to see that the rooks are signed. Now we don't have to worry about Dez holding out and missing important reps. I wonder what will be the storyline of this year's training camp. Would it be Dez shining like he has in the minicamps, or would it be something like Sean Lee playing well enough to get some 1st team Nickel reps?

Old 07-24-2010, 12:23 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I don't think we've ever been so quick to sign all of our rookies. This is a refreshing start to the season.
D-Unit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 03:40 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Apparently Josh Brent has looked pretty nice so far. Nothing so spectacular that says he's the next Leon Lett, but it's nice to hear good things about him.

Old 07-25-2010, 04:20 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.
Default WOW!

I read this post on DMN, and it was pretty damn shocking.

Quote:

The pre-workout weigh-ins produced one surprising development for the Dallas Cowboys. Felix Jones, the speed back, is heavier than Marion Barber, the power back.

``It's hard to believe,'' coach Wade Phillips said. ``You might have won a bet on that.''

Jones said he reported at 218 pounds. Phillips said Barber came in at at 214 pounds. Each player changed his weight in the off-season. Barber dropped about eight pounds to add quickness. Jones gained about five pounds through a strength program.

``Both of them really look good,'' Phillips said.

Hot damn! I know their body styles are still different, but for some reason I didn't think I would have seen this. Felix is gonna be a beast, he's really not a small scat back, he really can start taking over if he gets enough touches to do so.

Barber slimming down is great news too, he's still strong as hell and has power in his base to be powerful, I'm just excited about Felix at this weight if he has the same quickness. Great news.

Also Dez is taking control of the headlines, supposedly making tons of plays, I saw a few clips where he made a pretty amazing diving catch. I hate to get ahead of myself with guys before they touch the field, but I really feel like he's gonna turn into something really special.

That's why I saved the portion of the article from my sig where the scout said he could end up our best WR after his 1st season, even as good as Austin is. I haven't been this excited for a Cowboys season in a very long time.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2010, 04:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
Apparently Josh Brent has looked pretty nice so far. Nothing so spectacular that says he's the next Leon Lett, but it's nice to hear good things about him.
Oh yea, I like what I hear about him too. Heard he would have been a middle round pick next year, and he's the NT we all maybe have been looking for the past few years. Dude has some serious potential, this year may be somewhat of a redshirt year, but I absolutely love this pick for a 7th rder.

Quote:
Old 07-25-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Felix has a fantastic body type to add muscle and the results have been obvious. The dude looked huge last year. He is going to look like a monster out there this season. haha.

Oh and congrats on Sammy Hurd's baby!

edit...Also, Brandon Williams continues to wreck house. Love it. He excited coaches last year before getting injured. I loved Brandon at Tech. People reading too much into that slow 40, but the guy is extremely quick off the line.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 07:28 PM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Dez Bryant was the first to show up and the last to leave. It looks like he has his head on straight and Im expecting great things from him.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 10:21 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Felix has a fantastic body type to add muscle and the results have been obvious. The dude looked huge last year. He is going to look like a monster out there this season. haha.

Oh and congrats on Sammy Hurd's baby!

edit...Also, Brandon Williams continues to wreck house. Love it. He excited coaches last year before getting injured. I loved Brandon at Tech. People reading too much into that slow 40, but the guy is extremely quick off the line.
I don't know why but I think we have something with Brandon Williams and Victor Butler both. These guys were leading their conferences in sacks, and look like they are gonna be a great fit for our attacking scheme. Butler was already a monster in a limited role getting after the QB, Williams has been looking great, I don't know who will be the better pass-rusher of the two just yet but I think both are really gonna be able to help us out.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2010, 11:26 AM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

The Dez hype is crazy! I'm glad to be hearing how great he looks so far. I loved him in college, so I'm definitely buying into the hype train. I'm getting giddy just thinking about how defenses have to stop Austin, Witten, Felix, Barber, and now Dez. Romo must feel like a kid in a candy shop.

Old 07-26-2010, 11:35 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hooray for excellent scouting/drafting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2010, 11:41 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Oh and guys...Josh Brent broke his hand yesterday. So much for that. See ya on the practice squad, champ.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2010, 12:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Oh and guys...Josh Brent broke his hand yesterday. So much for that. See ya on the practice squad, champ.
Doesn't he have to clear waivers to do that? I doubt we take that risk, in fact I'd put the chances at very little we even attempt to do it because he wouldn't clear. He was looking at a red-shirt year anyway, and reports I read said he would be back for Training Camp. His big impact(I use the term 'big' loosely) wouldn't come until next year anyway, so right now is just pretty much to learn.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2010, 12:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Doesn't he have to clear waivers to do that? I doubt we take that risk, in fact I'd put the chances at very little we even attempt to do it because he wouldn't clear. He was looking at a red-shirt year anyway, and reports I read said he would be back for Training Camp. His big impact(I use the term 'big' loosely) wouldn't come until next year anyway, so right now is just pretty much to learn.
He's not going to be on the final roster unless he earns it. He'd more than likely clear waivers...especially sporting a freshly broken hand. The kid may have had a shot at the 53, prior to the broken hand, but he pretty much has no shot now. He's going to miss at least a little time and potentially a lot.

We're probably keeping 3 Qbs and 6 WRs...Siavii will make it. It'll be tough to keep him on.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2010 at 12:53 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:27 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Wanna bet? Lol. No way dude clears waivers, and I highly doubt we take that risk. Besides, did you catch this:

Quote:
Dallas Cowboys nose tackle Josh Brent-Price broke the ring finger on his right hand during the Cowboys' morning practice session on Sunday, Gerry Fraley of the Dallas Morning News reports. Fraley adds that Brent will be fitted with a protective splint, and could return to action in a few days.

It's not even that serious, but some teams without as much talent would easily stash him if we tried to slip him by, and why waste a 7th round pick for a few days? I'm almost certain he makes the 53.

Quote:
Old 07-26-2010, 01:30 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.D-Unit is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Brent broke his ring finger. They will put a cast on it, wrap it up and he should still be able to play. His hand might look like a club, but I don't think they will baby him.
Old 07-26-2010, 01:37 PM    (permalink
D-Unit
DC Administrator
Legend

I haven't read the stuff about Brandon Williams that you guys are talking about. What exactly has been said. I read about him sitting out again though. They're bringing him back slowly, I guess.

A lot of guys from last year are like redshirt rookies. So I'm excited about them finally putting the pads on... Robert Brewster for example.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:10 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
Wanna bet? Lol. No way dude clears waivers, and I highly doubt we take that risk. Besides, did you catch this:

It's not even that serious, but some teams without as much talent would easily stash him if we tried to slip him by, and why waste a 7th round pick for a few days? I'm almost certain he makes the 53.
That's an old report, based off Wade's miscue in his post practice conference.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...-left-han.html

This says "broken hand", not finger.

And I would bet that he doesnt make the 53, if he doesnt perform. The Cowboys dont have many spots to pass out for free and the guy is the equivalent to a 7th round pick for us. A draft value of perhaps a 2011 5th rounder tops. These guys get cut no problem every year. If he cant play or he doesnt do well...we'd have no problem trying to sneak him on the PS. Maybe he gets scooped up...big deal. A 2011 7th rounder, probably wouldnt have made the team either. The supplemental draft is where many teams "gamble" on players...and many of them dont make the team they're drafted to in their first year. A 7th rounder is a 7th rounder is a 7th rounder. If we lose him...it's no sweat off Jerry's back.

The good news for him....is that it's not a bad break and he's expected back rather shortly. But if he doesnt play well...he wont make it, and it may a lot more difficult now with a broken bone in that left hand.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2010, 06:15 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by D-Unit View Post
I haven't read the stuff about Brandon Williams that you guys are talking about. What exactly has been said. I read about him sitting out again though. They're bringing him back slowly, I guess.

A lot of guys from last year are like redshirt rookies. So I'm excited about them finally putting the pads on... Robert Brewster for example.
He's only practicing once a day during two a days. For precautionary reasons.

He's just been making plays all over the place. Quick off the snap. Great, at times "dominant" bull rush. He's beating guys consistently, continuing to turn heads, just like he did in the spring.

Did you happen to notice that Brewster is all RT now? Most of us expected that now anyway, but yeah. He's been have an up and down camp over the first few days. But it's to be expected. McQ is all G now.

I noticed the dmn blog pointing out Lissemore getting handled a lot. Which is disappointing, because you see this dude on paper and you really get excited to see him play. I still am excited to see him play in the preseason games, though.

Sounds like both back up ILBs have performed well also. Lee and Williams. Great, great news. The fact that Williams is doing well is especially great.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-26-2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 07-26-2010, 06:58 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
** Breaking down the quarterbacks' numbers in seven-on-seven and team drills: Romo was 18-of-20, Jon Kitna was 12 of 14 and Stephen McGee was 2 of 7.
Pretty minor stuff here...but really, Mcgee is soooooooo bad. I really hope we look backup QB in next year's draft again.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-26-2010, 07:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I am excited about Jaison Williams too, he had his redshirt year, but his talent is still there. I want him and Sean Lee to be the future for us, and hopefully they find a way for both to get on the field. I'll be watching Williams very closely in TC this year to see what he does.

Quote: