Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 07-26-2010, 07:57 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
I am excited about Jaison Williams too, he had his redshirt year, but his talent is still there. I want him and Sean Lee to be the future for us, and hopefully they find a way for both to get on the field. I'll be watching Williams very closely in TC this year to see what he does.
Seriously...his physical ability is other worldly. haha. You just really want to see him reach his potential. I love our LB core, from top to bottom. This includes Curtis Johnson, who we havent seen a whole lot of.

CB is looking kind of sketchy these days. Newman is sporadic and Scandrick was nothing special last year and he's battling injury this season.

Stephon Gilmore in 2012!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:38 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Oh man, I want CB badly next year, especially Chykie Brown in the 2nd. Either way we need a starting quality corner, maybe Scandrick can be a great #2, not sure, but we need a guy bad. Jamar Wall was the complete opposite of what I wanted lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 08:43 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Yeah I want one in this upcoming draft too. I just really want Gilmore. haha. But we may not be able to wait until 2012 to draft another immediate starter quality type. There is always Chris Culliver. Should have drafted the Captain, dammit. I just a want a SCAR player on Dallas so bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-27-2010, 12:38 AM    (permalink
Ward
Administrator
All-NFLDC

Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Ward is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Yeah I want one in this upcoming draft too. I just really want Gilmore. haha. But we may not be able to wait until 2012 to draft another immediate starter quality type. There is always Chris Culliver. Should have drafted the Captain, dammit. I just a want a SCAR player on Dallas so bad.
Woulda been fine with the Cap or Brinkley.
Ward is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2010, 02:53 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hey D, found this about Brandon Williams. I can't find or remember where I read about the little things he's done so far, but this kinda summarizes some of those things:

Quote:
Coach Wade Phillips termed OLB Brandon Williams' pass rushing burst "DeMarcus Ware-like."
"He's getting off the ball so fast that sometimes I feel like it's me when I'm watching film," Ware said. Last year's fourth-rounder missed his rookie season with a torn ACL, but Williams has upside as a speed rusher. Expect him to spell Ware and Anthony Spencer for 10-15 snaps per game.
Source: ESPNDallas.com

Wade sounds like he's really excited about him, and doesn't seem like he's talking him up for nothing. I hope he is 100% by September, maybe he is now. Still, I am loving our back-up pass rushers at this point, if these guys can keep Spencer and Ware fresh late in games it'll be a huge advantage we haven't always had, especially when it comes to Ware.

Obviously Ware won't rest like he did in the NO game last year, but I just remembering how damn hard it was to stop him when he was so fresh on that final drive for the Saints when he was treating Bushrod like a CFL lineman.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2010, 02:03 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Well, it's roughly 10 days until we play the Bengals and get to see our boys play, thinking about it like that I'm so excited. Hope Dez gets a good amount of reps all pre-season just to see what he has. I'll make a list of the guys I'm looking forward to seeing most though here soon.

Quote:
Old 07-29-2010, 02:11 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Sadly, one of the guys I was most interested in seeing probably wont even play, and that's Lissemore, who just went down. :(

Honestly, I've grown to like preseason. When I was younger, I hated it...but I enjoy watching our young guys play extended time. And I'm greatly opposed to them cutting two preseason games, in favor of two regular season games. bleh.

Not to hijack your idea, but my long list of guys to watch would include...

Bryant
Hurd (as always)
Miller
Phillips (lighting up camp)
Sicko
Bright
Young
Brewster
Butler
B Williams
Johnson
J Williams
Lee
Wall
Mccann
Gordon
Hamlin
Church

The fact that AOA and Lissemore are out suckkkkkkkkks pretty bad.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-29-2010 at 02:16 AM.
Old 07-29-2010, 10:49 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Andre Smith blocking on Demarcus Ware (if that's possible), & the assortment of Dallas ILBs stuffing the cutback lane(s) for Cedric Benson.

Cincy offense vs Dallas defense is where it will be at for me.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 10:52 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

How 'bout the return of T.O. to play against the Cowboys??? hahaha
Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 12:40 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I want to see Brewster, both Williams on defense, Sean Lee, Dez, and Victor Butler. I really just want to see some football now. It's been so long that I'm excited to get a little something next Saturday.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 06:27 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Has camp started for the Rams yet? I wanna see what their saying about Barbie, he's gonna start so it'll be interesting to see what he does in a 4-3.

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 07:04 PM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

They confirmed Dez has a high right ankle sprain. Will miss 4-6 weeks.

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/ar...t-4-6-wee.html
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:08 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WEAK. Super weak.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 07:13 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

I just wanted to see him in one ******* pre-season game, was that too much to ask? **** this ****, just cut him now, he's truly useless to this team. *DMN blog comment tone*

Quote:
Old 07-30-2010, 08:32 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

For real. And now any small chance of Crayton departing is gone. Crayton's consistent sure, but come on...Hurd and Ogletree are right there. I wonder what we do at KR now. AOA probably wont be used there, seeing as how he's coming off of injury. If this lingers, it will really be interesting.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 07-30-2010, 08:39 PM    (permalink
Paul
All-NFLDC

Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Paul is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
For real. And now any small chance of Crayton departing is gone. Crayton's consistent sure, but come on...Hurd and Ogletree are right there. I wonder what we do at KR now. AOA probably wont be used there, seeing as how he's coming off of injury. If this lingers, it will really be interesting.
"Interesting" isn't exactly the word I would use when talking about the possibility of a lingering injury for Dez. Some sort of expletive probably, but not 'interesting'.
Paul is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 08:51 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul View Post
"Interesting" isn't exactly the word I would use when talking about the possibility of a lingering injury for Dez. Some sort of expletive probably, but not 'interesting'.
lol. We'd be fine without him, that's for sure. But i'd rather have him out there, obviously. If there is a position where we could lose a guy or two, and still be fine, that would be at WR. (well losing Austin, would hurt pretty bad right now. knock on wood) But anyway, keeping 6 WRs was looking like a given anyway, but now it is a certainty. They're all going to be active on game day too. Hurd and Ogletree are two very important players on the ST and they've been running with the first teams, as always. Hurd is essentially the ST captain and Ogletree is probably a gunner on the punt units thsi year. Not to mention, Ogletree has to become a favorite for KR duties for however long Dez is out.

edit...never fear Paul...it's all about this right here.

We'll be alright. :D

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-30-2010 at 09:16 PM.
Old 07-30-2010, 09:23 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

The Dez news sucks really bad. I really wanted to see him get some preseason snaps to get adjusted to the NFL. I guess it's good that the injury happened now instead of during the season, but it's still not good news to hear. Maybe Hurd and Ogletree use this as an opportunity to show that they can be trusted. At least there are vets at WR so that we know the whole passing game won't implode without Dez.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:26 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Of course it wont implode...it's the exact same unit as last year. The Dez addition in itself was a luxury...a fantastic luxury to have, but this wouldnt even be a season killer if we lost him for the year. We have plenty of weapons. But Dezzy is just insane and adds that much more fire power...lets hope he heals up real quick, but we'd be fine regardless. He just puts us over the top.

It just sucks that he's going to miss damn near all of camp. His natural ability makes him a threat anyway, but we could expect to see some rust and indecision when he returns. And I really wanted to see him play in the preseason as well.

I hope this doesnt mean we baby Hurd and Ogletree in the preseason. I dont need to see Titus Ryan drop 8 passes a game with mass reps.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 07-30-2010 at 09:29 PM.
Old 07-31-2010, 12:16 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Gribble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2010, 09:42 AM    (permalink
TheFinisher
Pro Bowler

TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.TheFinisher is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Pre-season is real important for Dez, mostly to get that rust off. I hope he can pick things up from the sideline, but he doesn't strike as a guy who learns by watching. Definitely a bummer. I just want him to get that ankle taken care of, because we all know ankle sprains can linger for an entire season.

side-note: now our top 3 draft choices are on the sidelines. I hope we're not walking down the same path as last year with rookies going down.

Last edited by TheFinisher : 07-31-2010 at 09:49 AM.
TheFinisher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 07:47 AM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

All of a sudden our week 4 bye seems kinda like a blessing, when originally I was pissed as **** about it. Which means if we give him limited snaps weeks 1-3, by week 5 he should be full blown ready to go.

I'm still not ready to doubt what he can do when he returns, hell Crabtree missed preseason, OTA's, mini camps, and alot of regular season games and still came in to learn the offense and was the #1 WR right off the bat. Dez is the same type of athlete and he actually came from a pro style system, we just need him to make some plays here and there for us.

I don't really get too giddy over a WR until his 2nd season, but something about watching and hearing about what he was doing had me really pumped to see what he was going to do in the pre-season.

Quote:
Old 08-01-2010, 10:54 AM    (permalink
LizardState
All-Pro

LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LizardState is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-Man View Post
The Dez news sucks really bad. I really wanted to see him get some preseason snaps to get adjusted to the NFL. I guess it's good that the injury happened now instead of during the season, but it's still not good news to hear.

Read it in the Friday ppr & have been in an irascible funk ever since. ****!!

Kudos to Mothman for those great shots from San Antonio camp. Wasnt < a yr. ago in this thread we were bemoaning Mike Williams & his many little nagging injuries, "That guy is just an eggshell!" Let's hope that reputation doesn't settle on Bryant. B/C he missed >80% of his last season in college he had a lot to prove this season at the next level, starts off with a major setback, high ankle sprain is more serious than a nagging little injury & has sunk many players for an entire yr.

Silver lining: maybe the Cowboys will use up all their bad luck in preseason & catch some lucky breaks later like all the starting front 5 OL staying healthy through January.

Last edited by LizardState : 08-01-2010 at 10:59 AM.
LizardState is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 02:27 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

John Phillips looks likes another steal for us...I honestly never would have guessed. Looks like we need to nab some more John Garrett guys. Ogletree and Phillips have worked out pretty damn well.

Phillips may not have Bennett's ability...but to this point, he seems more well rounded overall. We have a pretty good replacement, in house, if Bennett never gets it.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-01-2010, 04:55 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
John Phillips looks likes another steal for us...I honestly never would have guessed. Looks like we need to nab some more John Garrett guys. Ogletree and Phillips have worked out pretty damn well.

Phillips may not have Bennett's ability...but to this point, he seems more well rounded overall. We have a pretty good replacement, in house, if Bennett never gets it.

John Garrett put us onto Ogletree? That's pretty cool, I never knew that, I just know Jerry fell in love with him once we drafted him. I agree on John Phillips though, he's almost like Witten to be honest, and I heard a Mark Chumura comparison somewhere else also. I'm not gonna act like I paid much attention to him back in 98' but he was a very solid all around TE and I'd gladly take that.

I think were waiting on Bennett to shop him, but then again we do utilize all 3 guys pretty well. Phillips has just been getting so much better it's gonna be hard to not get him valuable reps. He's very well rounded, a hard worker, and a constant improver.

Quote: