Draft Countdown Forums

Go Back   Draft Countdown Forums > Draft Countdown Forums > Team Boards > Dallas Cowboys Team Forum

Dallas Cowboys Team Forum Discuss America's Team - How 'bout dem Cowboys!

Old 08-04-2010, 11:59 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigbluedefense View Post
The HOF game is so anti climatic. You get all excited bc its the first game of football in the season, and then you watch the game and its just such a bore.

The starters will play like 5-9 snaps. The 2nd string, which is pretty much your bench will see maybe a quarter. And the rest of the fluff left over sees the rest of the game.

I think the most frustrating part of preseason is you want to see your rookies out there and what they're capable of, but it's so hard getting an accurate idea of them (especially offensive players) bc they're playing with a 3rd string oline, 3rd string qb who is usually so awful its painful to watch, and you just can't tell at all if he's doing well out there or not.

I guess you can evaluate oline and dline, maybe a little LB action, but that's about it.

So true, which sucks, but it is what it is. It's really hard to gauge when that's the set-up, but there are a few guys deep on our team I want to see play that I'm hoping get some decent snaps. Football is football at this point, I'll probably watch the entire game lol.

I hope Jason Williams and Mike Hamlin get some extended snaps. I think Hamlin can really be a future starter at SS or FS for us, whether he pushes Ball this year or takes a starting job next year. Also Williams needs to really put things together and dominate vs the scrubs he'll be lining up against to get me excited.

He's not going to get a starting role this year anyway, but I do want to see alot of growth because he was one of my favorite prospects.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Wright View Post
I guarantee that if someone picks Cam Newton in the Top 5 they will regret it.
LonghornsLegend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2010, 09:44 AM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Spencer went down with an achilles...so he probably wont play either. Butler, B Williams, and Johnson have all been lighting up camp, we should be seeing a lot of them on Sunday.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

http://youtube.com/watch?v=6_j52DziMy4 (the man)
http://youtube.com/watch?v=2g6S3Anto7c
KO KNOWS

Last edited by M.O.T.H. : 08-05-2010 at 11:17 AM.
M.O.T.H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:46 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Hate to see Spencer inured, but we should have plenty young horses to take his place in training camp.

BTW-am looking for a new herschel walker sig. I am not computer savy. If anyone wants to help me, please do!!! My sig is gone now. i am embarassed to write without a sig, but I am stupid with computer stuff.

Please help me!!!!

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 12:55 AM    (permalink
HEISMANHERSCHEL
Veteran

HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.HEISMANHERSCHEL is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

WOOOP!!!! Just got confirmation. I have a ticket to the cowboys-raiders preseason game. I will be paying special attention to the OLB, which is what I am most intersted in. Tell me who else I should be paying particular attention to. Give me some long shot names!!!! I will post info from the game afterwards. I usually try and watch individual players. If you have someone in mind, let me know.

http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/afte...man/1114044540
HEISMANHERSCHEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 01:28 AM    (permalink
frubulubu
Veteran

frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.frubulubu is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Please tell me how the Oline does as a unit and individuals as well.

Sig by Bone Krusher
frubulubu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2010, 08:44 AM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEISMANHERSCHEL View Post
WOOOP!!!! Just got confirmation. I have a ticket to the cowboys-raiders preseason game. I will be paying special attention to the OLB, which is what I am most intersted in. Tell me who else I should be paying particular attention to. Give me some long shot names!!!! I will post info from the game afterwards. I usually try and watch individual players. If you have someone in mind, let me know.
safeties... alan ball, mike hamlin, aoa if he plays... really wanna see how that shapes up.
Old 08-06-2010, 01:12 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.M.O.T.H. is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

HH, keep an eye on...

NT, Josh Brent
S, Barry Church
FB, Chris Gronkowski
TE/FB, Scott Sicko
LB, Leon Williams

All under the radar guys who have a shot at making the team still.

As for some others to just check out...

OT, Robert Brewster
OT, Alex Barron
CB, Cletis Gordon
WR, Hurd
WR, Ogletree
WR, Johnson
Every OLB just about

And just for fun...I want to see how fast this Teddy Williams really is.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-06-2010, 03:34 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm pretty sure we'll get a good look at the two backup OLBs. Spencer isn't playing, and I'm pretty sure Ware isn't going to play long at all. Brandon Williams and Victor Butler will probably get to play pretty much all of the first half.

Da riddum is too much for you.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5nKx27QrgO0
E-Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:03 PM    (permalink
crisco0710
Rookie

crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.crisco0710 is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Great article on Buehler.

SAN ANTONIO — Take a look at David Buehler and you see a 6-foot-2-inch, 227-pound athlete who could probably make a living in mixed martial arts, wrestling or some other physical activity that requires burliness and a nasty streak.

"I don't mind mixing it up,'' he said.

So what's the big deal about a football player exuding some Stallone swagger while talking about his craft? Nothing.

What about taking his girlfriend to the Playboy Mansion to party with Miles Austin and Kim Kardashian? No biggie, even if Buehler says taking his girl to Hef's was like "taking sand to a beach."

Buehler's profile belies his job description. He's the place-kicker for the Dallas Cowboys.

Yep, da kicker.

This isn't Deion Sanders dancing in the end zone after a pick six, or Terrell Owens defending his quarterback with tears streaming down his face. On the contrary, it's a player at a position not normally associated with toughness or machismo.

Hopefully this isn't the second coming of Mike Vanderjagt, who criticized Colts' quarterback Peyton Manning and then-head coach Tony Dungy in a 2003 interview, prompting Manning to call him "our idiot kicker."

Translation: You're a kicker, Mike. Shut your pie hole.

Buehler represents the new breed of kicker that goes against the Garo Yepremianization of the NFL, a tradition that mandates kickers have to be wimpy, little pencil necks who are seen and not heard. Sure there are exceptions, such as Oakland's 6-2, 250-pound Sebastian Janikowski, but for every Sea Bass in Oakland, there are plenty of Garos still floating around.

Buehler is not one of them.

He became a great story line of the 2009 scouting combine when he bench-pressed 225 pounds 25 times, more than linebacker Rey Maualuga (his teammate at USC) and offensive tackle Michael Oher, high-profile prospects who were projected by many scouts to be first-round draft picks.

After the Cowboys selected him in the fifth round of the draft, Buehler beat cornerback DeAngelo Smith in a foot race and said, "He was talking a bunch of trash, so I just shut him up."

There will be more on the line this season than pride when he is asked to make field goals. He has never attempted a kick on the pro level, though he did lead the league with 29 touchbacks in 2009. Nick Folk flamed out after 14 games last season, and Buehler entered camp as the favorite to win the starting job, either a testament to Jerry Jones' confidence in him or a sure sign of Jerry's reluctance to carry two kickers on the roster.

Buehler has fit in nicely in the locker room, mostly because teammates get a big kick out of him, for lack of a better term. You can see him before practice kicking a soccer ball around with roommate Kevin Ogletree, arguably the fastest receiver on the team. He's even been known to play volleyball with that same soccer ball. Ever the competitor, he believes he can outrun wideout Patrick Crayton, as well as veteran linebackers Bradie James and Keith Brooking.

"He's smart enough to know that it's best for him not to race me,'' Ogletree said. "I love his confidence, though. He's unique because he's a big strong dude and that's not what we're used to seeing in a kicker."

Entering Friday's practice, Buehler had made 33 of 38 field-goal attempts during the team portion of training camp, with two of his five misses coming from 50-plus yards. It's difficult to determine how he'll perform once the bright lights come on, and it might take just one case of the yips for Jones to put in a call to free agents like Matt Stover or John Carney.

For his part, kicking coach Chris Boniol likes Buehler's upside.

"His personality is very energetic,'' Boniol said, "but more than any kicker I've seen, he knows how to flip it on and off. When it comes time to kick, he goes into another gear mentally, and you can ask (holder Mat McBriar), David cranks up the mental focus and intensity and does a good job of that."

OK, it's been established that Buehler is a good athlete. And that Buehler is popular. And we know the kid has a ton of confidence.

Now he has to back up the bravado with kicks.

"Since day one, I've competed against myself,'' he said. "That's what I need to do to be successful. I know my capabilities and I know my talent."
crisco0710 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:06 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

I fully expect 200 yards and 3 Tds from Hurd and 4 Brandon Williams sacks tonight. Expectations too high? lol. FOOTBALL!

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-08-2010, 07:27 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm back!:)

Football is BACK!

Cowboys Redzone troubles are...BACK!
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 07:34 PM    (permalink
FreshBoy!
Veteran

FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.FreshBoy! is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I'm SOOOOO excited about Phillips. Bennett has all the talent in the world, but Phillips just makes the most of his limited opportunities.
FreshBoy! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 08:53 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Not a great game...but we do have to be encouraged by Doug Free's play and the defense has look great, regardless of unit. Bowen was unstoppable...and Hatcher looked beastly fighting his way through a couple of men on that last hurry. Octavien has looked real good as well.

edit...and of course, John Phillips. Hopefully his knee isnt hurt too bad. He looked fine to me.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-08-2010, 09:00 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.Gribble is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I keep seeing 42 on the field and think of Anthony Henry.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:01 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Same...and 26 and Kenny Hamlin.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-08-2010, 09:02 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Yessssss.....Hurd and Ogletree are still in. Get them the ball, dammit.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-08-2010, 09:04 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

Scott Sicko!
Old 08-08-2010, 09:11 PM    (permalink
Gribble
Pro Bowler

LB depth delivered right there.
Old 08-08-2010, 09:16 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Stephen Mcgee is not even close to being ready to backup Romo yet. The guy doesnt make any reads...he just tunnels into one player and it's either going there, or he's taking off.

I keep screaming at him to look the field over. His head never moves.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-08-2010, 09:20 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.E-Man is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

I love how the defense is playing. They're really playing smart and quick out there. I like how Wade has them playing. It gives me a ton of confidence for this year, and the years beyond that.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:21 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Ocatvien and Brent in on that one. I forgot Brent was out there...hard to miss him, though.

And yeah, the 2nd/3rd units play is night and day from last year. They all look good.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-08-2010, 09:37 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.LonghornsLegend is kind of a big deal around here, people know him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Stephen Mcgee is not even close to being ready to backup Romo yet. The guy doesnt make any reads...he just tunnels into one player and it's either going there, or he's taking off.

I keep screaming at him to look the field over. His head never moves.

It's not like Kitna wasn't trash though. We should be excited about McGee, is he ready to be a starter? Hell no, but he looks 10x better then he did last year at this time and that's all you can ask. It's not like he came from a pro style offense so he doesn't have that experience, and Garrett's offense is very complicated.

All I wanted to see was some growth, I won't nit pick him about little things that starting QB's are doing because he's not ready to be a starter in only his 2nd year. He was very accurate with most of his throws, had some good zip on the ball, and has alot of athleticism similiar to Romo back there.

Quote:
Old 08-08-2010, 09:39 PM    (permalink
E-Man
Pro Bowler

Poor Jamar Wall on that 4th and 17. Oh well, he had a nice play against T.O. earlier so it's not a total loss. His total game seems to be a good one, and the same can be said for other rookies and 2nd year players. I liked Brewster's quickness.

Old 08-08-2010, 09:42 PM    (permalink
M.O.T.H.
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornsLegend View Post
It's not like Kitna wasn't trash though. We should be excited about McGee, is he ready to be a starter? Hell no, but he looks 10x better then he did last year at this time and that's all you can ask. It's not like he came from a pro style offense so he doesn't have that experience, and Garrett's offense is very complicated.

All I wanted to see was some growth, I won't nit pick him about little things that starting QB's are doing because he's not ready to be a starter in only his 2nd year. He was very accurate with most of his throws, had some good zip on the ball, and has alot of athleticism similiar to Romo back there.
Excited? He hasnt looked that good at all. He started off completing a couple of wide open throws...since then, he's done nothing. And like I said, the guy's head does not move, he doesnt go through his reads. His tunnel vision is horrible. That is not a little thing...he doesnt go through his progressions. He stares down his targets. And he tends to look at his feet when he scrambles.

I'll agree, I'm happy that he's made some accurate throws...but he's staring down everyone.

Thanks BoneKrusher^

KO KNOWS
Old 08-08-2010, 09:43 PM    (permalink
LonghornsLegend
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by M.O.T.H. View Post
Excited? He hasnt looked that good at all. He started off completing a couple of wide open throws...since then, he's done nothing. And like I said, the guy's head does not move, he doesnt go through his reads. His tunnel vision is horrible. That is not a little thing...he doesnt go through his progressions. He stares down his targets. And he tends to look at his feet when he scrambles.

I'll agree, I'm happy that he's made some accurate throws...but he's staring down everyone.

How good do you think Romo, or Matt Moore looked in their 2nd pre-season in the NFL? Let's remember he's playing with 3's across the board, lineman, WR's, everyone.

Quote: